Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Going dooooown

"Wait, you actually believed me? Hah... but it's true. Look, there's something bad going on in the scene. Someone is pulling A LOT of strings to get supervillains in their debt, and then making them do crap like this. I wouldn't be surprised if this way some sort of trick by that someone, perhaps a distraction. Hard to tell. But... I could see it in Leger's face. he's one of those supervillains. Bank robbery isn't what he usually does. And goddamn... he resented me for it. As if I was... a monster..."

My face just droops for a second.

"Eh, good point. I should grab a couple more. See, my friend? Suddenly asked for money. For a debt. And acted weird about it. Needless to say... I don't like that one bit. Hey... and thanks. For being with me on this. And... for being nice to me too. I mean, I know I pulled some bad poo poo, and I'm not the nicest person... but I'm trying. Thanks for believing in me."

I pick him back up and jump back up to the surface. "And no, that part is not negotiable. You need to watch yourself. Speaking of which, sorry for uhm, well, using you as a projectile. I actually hadn't realized he turned you into a zo- I mean, mummy, or whatever. Ehehehe~"

Then, my mouth forms a halfgrin as I switch the way I'm holding him... to a bridal carry. "Right, let's get back to base."

Accepting influence.

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6 8 (Taking one condition, hopeless, as per discussion with cap.)

Edit: Whoops, I got supported. Marking Potential.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: Halcyon City Bank

Uh what's with that grin, and also with the way she's carryin' me? Oh no. I can feel it startin'. Gotta do somethin' quick, before I'm redder than a stoplight. No. Calm down Tatsu, you're just reading too much into this. She just explained why she's doin' this, she's lookin' out for a teammate that believed in her and didn't get pissed at her over an accident. That's all. So just chill out. Let's focus on everything she said, especially the parts about villains and money. That seems like it might be kinda important.

"Please, I'm the last thing that can judge a person for doin' bad poo poo at one point." Ooooh that came out a lot more depressing that it was supposed to, time to change the subject. "But uh, I really can walk on my own now. I'd have come back from the dead by now, a little bang up like that is long gone. And uh, I also kinda need to get my bike back. I'm pretty sure middle of the street counts as illegal parkin' after all."

Ok good job Tatsu. Little stumble but pretty good otherwise. She trust me now, which is beyond great. And it seems like she may have put some pieces together that no one else has, and if she's right about this it could be the perfect way to get the rest of the team on her side. I wonder how I can convince her to bring this up with everyone else? I know Silver Bolt is gonna wanna have some kinda meeting once we're all back, so maybe then would be good? I'm gettin' aheada myself here, first I need to see if BB would even want to share. Ya know what? Let's shelve all of that 'til I've got my bike back at the base. I'll figure out what to do then.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Newsies, your answers are just what everyone wanted to hear. There's dignified nodding and scribbling of notes at Silver Bolt's professional responses, and frenzied texting and tweeting at Flaire's teasing answers.

On top of that, the nearby hostages turned bystanders start cheering when they hear how magnanimous the pair of you are being to your newteammate. That's the signal for the reporters to remember that they're still around and most of them rush to get the first interview. Which leaves the two of you basking in the residual glow of all their warm faces.

Honestly? That couldn't have gone much better! One reporter isn't done, though, and Li, after making sure no one else is listening in, says, "Look, I know when I'm being fed a line. How about this? You both tell me what you think of her. What you REALLY think of her, I mean, and I'll make sure you get nothing but good coverage for the foreseeable future with the Halcyon Bugle. I can even make it, 'sources close to the Moonlight Vigil' if you want?"

The Halcyon Bugel is a second tier paper, behind the big duo of the Herald and the Tribune, but still... they've got about a fifth of the city reading their paper. So, dumping on Bunny Bat and getting rewarded for it? It's a sweet deal, right? Even if Li's the one who really needs the exclusive...

What do you do?

You'll get your info from Brian Brocks a bit later, Flaire. One thing at a time, though.

Swordfish, Night Hunter cocks her head slightly, and asks, "So, why did you become a superhero? From the sound of it, no one got hurt, in large part thanks to you. You made sure everyone was safe. That's always a hero's top priority."

She moves on, saying, "But you're having problems with Ni... Bunny Bat." She has to catch herself to use Bunny Bat's new, sillier name. She continues, "I knew it would happen, but I wasn't expecting it this early on." She shakes her head, adding, "I can't imagine what she was thinking, recommending her for this team."

You could get influence over her by defeating a powerful monster. She's a traditionalist like that.
She wants you to look out for Silver Bolt.
She's planning her next big hunt. Between the bandoleer of oils and three different quivers on her back, she's loaded for bear.

She's also telling you what you are. A hero who saves people. +Savior, - Danger.

Dracula: Dead and Loving It, after letting Evil Eye know you've got the money, the pair of you make your own way back to base. It looks like you're the only ones who are back, though. There's a news ticker on the muted TV showing that, as far as the news agencies in the city are concerned, you all did great.

Bunny Bat, so, where are you going to stash the money until you can get it to Evil Eye? How long are you going to make her wait?
Tatsu, after you park the bike, you've had some time to think. Do you think you should tell the others? Or at least do you think that BB should tell them?

What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Okay, yeah, but..." It takes a second to gather my thoughts as to why saving people wasn't satisfying, since it... probably should be. "It'd didn't matter that I was there, anyone could have done what I did if they just kept their head clear." I pause again, then say a bit reluctantly, "well... I suppose they probably couldn't have gotten on and steered the carriage away from people..." So maybe I did make a difference. But still, it's not the difference I wanted to make, and I wouldn't have had to if Bunny wasn't a screw up!

Night Hunter doesn't seem as scary as she did at first, but still... Lying to her would be a bit too intense for even my tastes, so I avoid the first part of her first question. "What who was thinking?" I frown, then since you can't see that through my mask, cross my arms. "Yeah, she's not committing crimes or anything, so there wouldn't really be a problem if it wasn't for her attitude. . . And deciding that biting a pair of Pegasus attached to the carriage she was supposed to stop was a good idea. But that was just a stupid mistake, if she'd apologize..." I trail off into a huffy silence.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Hopeless | Location: Back in the base

The money is perfectly safe. I have a secret compartment in my coffin for occasions as these, after all~. Girl's gotta be prepared, you know? Not going to wait long, either. Just until tonight, we always meet at the bar on this day of the week anyway. But anyway, let's move on to more fun things. Like, say, Tatsu. I wanna have some fun with him. Guy needs something to cheer him up, and if his face is anything to go by, I know just the thing~

Having slipped into something more comfortable (and sexy) i sneak up on him and hug him from behind. "Hey, Tatsu~ We've got the entire place for ourselves. We should take advantage of that~" I tell him as I softly kiss him on the cheek and begin pulling him along to my room.

I sure hope he gets what I'm referring to. Silver probably wouldn't.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 1, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Press Conference

As the reporters drift away from the press conference to interview the hostages we saved, I have to look just pleased as punch with how things have gone so far. Talk about awesome, right? Silver Bolt did a good job being all straight laced and no nonsense and I got to play off that some, which is probably one of the reasons all my responses went over so perfectly - that, plus I'm really good at this media stuff. Normally I'm used to answering twitter or steaming or blogspot comments instead of a veritable field of reporters, but turns out its pretty much the same, albeit with a little less time to think up what I'm going to say.

Li Yinde, however, isn't satisfied like the other press people here are - she's come over to both of us, seeking a scoop and smart enough to have noticed our praise of Bunny Bat might not actually be as authentic as it seemed to everyone else. She's even making us a pretty good offer... get to tell the truth about Bunny Bat, without getting blamed for it, plus the Bugel will supposedly start going to bat for us. It actually sounds a little too good to be true if anything. Good thing I'm great at reading people, so it should just take a quick glance into her eyes to see whether she's trying to pull a fast one us or not.

<Rauri> Pierce Li Yinde's Mask
<Rauri> !r 2d6-3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5 - 3 = 2
Obviously did not anticipate this working, the only reason it wasn't at -4 (due to Angry) is because the minimum roll modifier is a -3.

As I thought, she's totally on the level. Must've been really impressed with how we handeled ourselves, or maybe she knows how important we (or at least some of us) are going to become and wants to get on my good side early. Whatever the case, we can definitely trust her. I beam at her, offering her a hand so we can shake on the deal even as I start to issue a couple preconditions. "Definitely say 'sources close to' or 'our anonymous source' or whatever - I'm all about people hearing the truth, but I don't want to disrupt the team, OK?"

With that established it's totally time to actually let her (and Silver Bolt by proximity) know what I feel about Bunny Bat. Trust me, I'm having to mentally censor myself some here, and the playfulness and infectious good cheer I work hard to project is gone from my voice. "She's an absolute jerk. I mean, she tried to KILL me not all that long ago, totally never went to jail for it or really had anything bad happen to her over it, and now she's on the team and hasn't even once apologized over it. Plus she acts like she's so much better than me, constantly calls me names, and it's like... OK Bunny Flat, you've probably killed people and you're definitely still some creepy vampire, but I'M the person on our team that needs ridiculed? It's crazy!"

Believe this satisfies the Hurt Someone condition to escape Angry at the end of the scene.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 31, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: The Base

Thankfully she saw reason enough to let me walk and get my bike, which was a bit of a relief. Now with it and us safely back in the base I can think for a minute. Mostly about this think with the villains and money. I think the team needs to know, this could be the start of somethin' big, but I"m not sure how to tell them. I can't just go and do it, not after BB trusted me to know about any of this, so if I went and told other people it'd be betrayin' her. So she's gotta be the one to tell them, but that brings it's own set of problems. Number one bein' that most of them don't really trust and/or like her. Some of them are just more obvious about it (Flaire) than others (Silver Bolt). Now how do I convince her to talk to them? And how do I get them to listen?

Arm wrap around me from behind. Had my back to the door! Idiot! I tense and get ready for the fight when the owner of the arms says my name. Oh. It's BB. It's just BB. I force myself to relax, while she talks to me. Yeah the place is empty, what does she mean by 'take advantage of it'? Then I feel lips on my cheek. And now she's leading me towards her room. Uh. I'm so red right now that it's not even funny, I can tell. I-I have no idea what to do here. A dozen different thoughts are flying through my head, most of 'em are screamin', and none of them are makin' much sense. Finally, after what seems like forever, my body decides to get off my rear end and do somethin', and my heels dig in a bit as my legs stop the both of us.

"Whoah there Sundance, where's this coming from?"

Oh great, my mouth has decided to fall back to usin' stuff from my cowboy movies. That's just perfect.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"What? Can't, can't a girl just like someone?~ Or maybe I just think you look absolutely adorable when you're embarrassed. I'll let you figure it out~" Giving him a nice toothy grin, I continue. "Speaking about Sun-related things, did I ever tell you my real name? It's Sunniva. Or, 'Sun's gift'. Just shows fate has a horrible sense of humor, doesn't it? But I still believe even someone like me can make the world a better place. Surely, you do too? What keeps you going, Tatsu? ... Well, other than your immortality, anyway..."

Seating Tatsu on my couch, I immediately drape myself over him. "Besides, gotta get the blood pumping somehow, right? Just because you're dead doesn't mean you shouldn't get to live a little, Tatsu~" I explain as I switch over to a hug, starting to work on his shirt.

When you share a moment of triumph with someone, ask them what gives them hope for a brighter day and give them Influence. (Tatsu already has influence on BB, so he gets to shift labels)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 1, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: The Base

Sunniva. Her name is Sunniva. How weird is it that I'd use these sun based nicknames and her name is Sunniva. What are the chances? Apparently they're pretty good, either that or this is some kinda dream. It could be, that would pretty neatly explain why the woman I love is suddenly all over me. But no, this isn't any dream, this is real, and it's happenin' to right now. Oh poo poo.

I gotta tell her.

"The immortality is pretty much it at this point. Well, that's not totally true. There is one other thing..." Deep breath Tatsu, this is it.

"Look, Su-Sunniva," I stumble a bit on the unfamiliar word, "I uh... I.... gently caress, I love ya Sunniva. Ya know my whole story, and ya still treat me like I'm a person, like you. On top of that you're just... so much better than me. You're tryin' to be somethin' better, even if it doesn't always work out, while I'm just a broken weapon actin' like somethin' it's not. You're like everything I wish I could be."

After I'm done I realize that her face is only a few inches away from mine. Well, I've come this far, so what's a little more? I lean forward and steal a quick kiss, before pulling back to see how she takes all this.

As per BB's Team Move I"m gonna shift her Mundane up and her Freak down. As for my Team Move; 'When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or your rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or your rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.' So I'm gonna shift BB's labels again, bringing her Danger down and her Mundane up, and marking potential for me.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +2
Potential: 3/5 / Conditions: ---

I bit my lip while Flaire tore Bunny a good one. Mom had told me to never, ever, talk crap about the team to anyone with a camera or a microphone. But hearing that BB had attacked Flaire at some point pissed me off a lot. No one had told me about that, and you'd think somebody would have! Maybe I should have spent more time going through Flaire's media stuff... but there was SO MUCH of it I'd just kinda given up. And I was sure Flaire would have buried something like that anyways, so I probably never would have found it on my own.

I really wanted to talk to Flaire privately, and that meant ditching Li as soon as possible. Not just about BB, (though definitely that) but I wanted to know what she meant by 'playing my cards right'. Did she mean anything she just said or was it all just... an act for the cameras? I had no idea. It was freaking me out a little bit.

But yeah, Li Yinde first. I didn't know anything about her, and I wasn't sure I trusted her enough to say something even a little off-color.

"Can you really make those kinds of promises?" I asked her, as honestly as I could. "You're asking for a lot, we're a brand new team and that kind of 'truth' can be just as damaging coming from a 'source' as from us."

Flaire had enough of a presence in the media that she could cover up a stray comment or two. This was my first time talking, and it'd be remembered. I had to be careful.

----

Pierce the Mask on Li:
[21:55] <mistaya> !r 2d6+2
[21:55] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 8+2 = 10
Questions: What are you really planning? How could I gain Influence over you? What do you want me to do?

mistaya fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 1, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Newsies,, Li's nothing but charming and friendly as says, "You guys are clearly on your way up, and I'm going to be there to help you get there." She shrugs, adding, "And I'm not going to pretend it's charity work. This is just good for both of us, right? You get good press, and I get good stories. I've been turning in stories like this for a long time now, and Editorial has my back when I say that I need a story spiked. I've had to drop a story for some other reporters." She drifts off in thought, reminiscing about the ones that got away, then says, "It sucks when it happens, but as long as everyone's playing ball, it isn't too bad."

Flaire, You catch a few of the other reporters looking on as pair of you are giving a private interview with Li, but Tricia Rodriquez-Jones is the only one who seems to be thinking anything other than jealousy. Tricia then turns, leaving for her car as the gaggle of reporters have broken up into their own mini interviews with the. From the sound of it, they're all speaking in glowing terms about you!

Silver Bolt, you're sure she's mostly being honest. She wants the scoop, and she's willing to trade access for good coverage. But, you also get the feeling that she's overselling her influence. She probably can't get any really juicy stories on your team spiked, but she will try to make sure that such stories at least have some good spin on them.

She's a bit jaded to super-heroics, so she's actually not too impressed by the team. But, what would really impress her would be if you saved the day without any help from your team.

As for what she wants right now? She got a pretty solid scoop from Flaire, but if you gave her another angle to bash Bunny Bat, she'd be over the moon. Or you could even humanize Bunny Bat with some interesting details. She doesn't actually care about making Bunny Bat look bad; she just thought that is what you two would want to dish on. All she really wants is a good, exclusive story that's going to sell papers.

Swordfish, she looks at you for a moment, trying to read you, then says, "Well, I suppose if you don't want to talk about your reasons, it'd be rude to pry. Don't worry, I won't go shakedown Cobalt or anything." She gives a grin that... could be a little nasty? Or maybe it's just mischievous? You wonder if she'd actually be able to pry anything out of Cobalt, and... you're actually unsure.

She follows your lead and brushes off the question about Bunny Bat's sponsor, very conspicuously not answering it. But, as you go on to complaining about Bunny Bat, she stops you, saying, "If that's how you feel, tell her that, then. Calmly and rationally. Never complain to people outside your team about a teammate's performance. It solves nothing and only worsens the team's dynamic. Remember, complaints have a way of spreading around, and if your teammate hears them from someone else, they won't be able to trust your word. And in our line of work, that's dangerous."

Dracula: Dead and Loving it, back at the base, you've both blown off a whole lot of steam, and now you're just hanging around, waiting for the others to get back. You even catch most of Flaire's and Silver Bolt's public press conference. Any thoughts?

Bunny Bat: Silver Bolt sure didn't mince any words, huh?
But, more importantly. Tatsu... did he use the L word? That's... that's sudden! Is he a just a good friend or do you think you might REALLY care for him? What do you think you're friends will think of him?

Tatsu, well, you probably weren't expecting that! Do you regret saying any of what you said? Got any plans for the night? Maybe you can tag along with BB after the debrief? Or... do you even want to meet her friends? They're... not exactly the best people, from what you understand.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 31, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3

After our... let's call it wrestling, I sit myself down next to Tatsu. "I... I'm not sure how to respond to that, Tatsu. Love? Me...? I thought such a thing impossible... not with what I've become. I... I'm going to need some time to think about this... sorry." I reply to him, somewhat flabberghasted.

Then, I lean in for a hug.

"Anyway, Tatsu... you're better than you think you are. If it was just those two things, You wouldn't have gotten on this team in the first place. And honestly? I think you're seeing yourself worse than you are. You may have done some bad stuff, but unlike me, you got out of it soon enough to not be known as a supervillain. But don't worry... I'll be there for you. Just... be here for me too, okay?"

Suddenly I start feeling a bit lightheaded, and hold my hand to my forehead in response.

"Ugh... hold on, I... I gotta get myself some blood..." I reply as I start to lift my hug and get up.

(2:23:52 PM) Yawniphonerir: Comfort Tatsu
(2:24:02 PM) Yawniphonerir: !r 2d6+3
(2:24:03 PM) Krysmbot: Yawniphonerir, 5+3 = 8 (actually, this is a 7 because I'm dumb. -2 from angry, +1 from influence)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Aug 1, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry Hopeless | Location: The Base

I was not expectin' any of that to happen like that, no. I uh, I don't think I'm gonna tell her that was my first kiss. Or my first... yeah. She said she needs time to think, so I'll just keep those facts to myself for now.

"Maybe... maybe you're right." I'm not as sure as I sound, but if she believes it, then there's gotta be some truth to it. Maybe I can do more than just break stuff and hurt people. I think this might have been the right thing to do, tellin' her how I feel. Yeah, she didn't say she felt the same, but she didn't reject me, either. Heh. Looks like I might've finally done somethin' I don't immediately regret. That's a first. Now I dunno what I'm gonna do tonight. I was just gonna do what I usually do, lock myself away and well, stuff that ya don't need to know about. But now...

My thoughts get interrupted as BB says she needs blood and I realize that I can help someone without breakin' things. I pull her back down into the hug and move my head to the side. I dunno why I didn't think of this sooner, it's not like it can kill me after all. This is how I can be there for her.

(3:53:45 PM) ShootaBoy: Support BB
(3:53:45 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(3:53:48 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 8-1 = 7
I used BB's comfort to remove Angry, thank god. So yeah, I think giving BB my blood works for a support.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +2
Potential: 4/5 / Conditions: ---

I didn't know Bunny Bat well enough to say the kinds of things Li Yinde wanted to hear, and I really didn't want to break one of Mom's cardinal rules on Day One, so I crossed my arms. "It's like this: Vampires say they're going straight all the time, and I even think they mean it when they start out, but guess how often it's really happened?"

When she tilted her head at me expectantly I held up a single finger. "Once. Guy named David Coventry. He spent some time as a Hero, under the handle 'Angel', but he retired a while back. Haven't heard anything about him for a few years. But if you want to know how hard it is for a vampire to stay on the wagon, you might look into him. Or all the other failures, those are easier to find."

-----

Once we finally ditched the reporters, I walked with Flaire back to the Argent-cycle. I really wished it had a back seat so I could offer her a ride but it was only a dirt bike, and barely big enough for me. "Man, we nailed it!" I said, sitting back on the bike. "Especially you. I was worried since it was my first TV interview, but it was pretty easy to tag-team them. We're really good together! I can't wait for my family to see it." I was feeling the warm fuzzies. We'd saved the day, no one got hurt, and even if it hadn't been PERFECT, well, that interview sure made us look good.

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them if you think of them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark Potential. (she already has it and he did.)

"Hey um... You know that stuff back there, about uh... well, was that just for the cameras? Or..." I could feel my cheeks heating up again. "It's fine if it is! But... I mean, I want to be in on the act, if it's just an act, you know?"

mistaya fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 1, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I give her a small shrug. "All Cobalt knows is that I want to expose the Mayor." Well, and who I am, but that isn't really related to why I wanted to be a hero. Or... it's entirely related, but the connection isn't obvious. Still... It isn't hard to believe she could get my story -more or less- out of Cobalt. I'm not sure how much I like Night Hunter. And I'm getting a bit irritated with her. "It's not likely that you're going to tell her what I said." If my face was visible, I'd be looking annoyed, mainly because she has a point despite that. "I'll bring it up at a team meeting I suppose." Turning back to the dummy, I give it another few hits, testing out her advice on stance.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Press Conference -> By Argent Cycle

I'm at least as ecstatic about how all that went as Silver Bolt is. While he sits down on his bike and effervescently offers up praise for how both of us - but especially me - handled all of that, I'm leaned back against a lightpole and basking in his words with a big grin on my face. It's hard not to, because he's totally right; we did a pretty amazing job, more so in the press half of things instead of the fight, and he even wants his family to watch it! His mom's a big name hero, I used to doodle her symbol in the margins of my notes when I was younger, and he thinks she'll be impressed by it.

Wow I practically feel like dancing. Being a hero is the best! Even better, it seems I didn't just impress the civilians and all those reporters - Silver Bolt is, uh, Smitten Bolt. With me. He likes me, is my basic point, and I can tell because he's going all super-blush-powers on me again. He's asking if that was all for show or if it was kinda genuine, and while it's not really all that professional of me to confirm that I put on an act at all, he deserves to know. Plus like... he's really cute, and I'd have to be a total idiot to shoot him down here.

"Oh, that stuff back there?" I motion and look over towards where the press was, pretending to be confused a little and dragging this out for an extra second or two because it's funny that this is embarrassing for him. "Do you mean like, the kiss, and the hug, and all that?" I tap my chin, as if I hadn't thought about it before, then lean forward and give him just the biggest smirk ever. "Of course it was real, silly!"

"I mean, I may play things up for the cameras some - with everybody, because have you ever heard of shipping? My fans are crazy for it." Willing to bet FireBolt fans are just smug as gently caress right now, now that I consider it. "But yeah, you're cute and I think you're pretty great - plus I voted for you to be team captain, and just between you and me you're doing a really good job."

Raising Silver Bolt's Savior by one, lowering Mundane by one.

Leaning in like I'm about to kiss him again, I instead whisper into his ear, so close to hugging him. "See you back at base, OK?" Looks like it's time for me to rocket there myself... hoping for not a crash landing this time though!

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, say whether it's part of the show or not. If it is not, then they shift your Labels, and you can clear a condition or mark potential. (Has influence already, clearing Angry)

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 1, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Back in the base

"Tatsu, what are you-- Oh." I say, somewhat confused before I realize what he was doing.

Wow. This... Can't said I've had this happen before. I look at his face, blushing. Ugh, no, this isn't supposed to be happening to me! I don't blush! I'm a vampire, damnit!

"A-Alright. Tell me when you start feeling bad..."

Uh. Well, crud. I didn't realize this. Tatsu's... actually kinda tall. I can't reach his neck from here. Uh-Oh. Like, I could just bite from from behind... but hugging him feels so nice... Oh, I could climb into his lap. That'd be enough. Ugh, that juicy blood better not go somewhere else...

And so, I climb up on his lap, and start drinking his blood.

Clearing Angry.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 1, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: The Base

Look at that, she gets almost as red as I do. She's really cute when she blushes too. It doesn't hurt when she bites me. Well it does, but it's barely even noticeable to me, perks of magically boosted toughness. But after that it feels nice. Between that, the hug, and her bein' in my lap, I'm pretty content to stay here for a while. It's almost like I'm just a normal human, at least for a little bit. I wonder if this is the kinda thing I coulda had if the Witch hadn't picked me. Maybe, maybe.

I stop her a minute-ish after I get lightheaded. I know she said to tell her to stop when I started feelin' bad, but I know my limits by now, and this'll pass pretty quick after she stops. I won't be back up to full for a couple hours but that doesn't really matter. I'm almost sad when she's done.

" 'S'that good enough for ya? Ya can take the rest if ya need it. Couple hours and I'd be back up, so it's no trouble."

I'm not lyin', even now I can tell that the holes in my neck are closed, and the dizziness is almost gone already. Witch knew what she was doin'.

"Hey, are ya goin' to see your friend about the thing later? 'Cause I kinda need to talk to ya about somethin' and it's best done somewhere that isn't the base."

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 1, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I lift my bite as he tells me too and turn towards him, content to remain on his lap for the time being, stiill hugging him. "Yeah, I feel a lot better now. Thanks."

I then shift my weight so that he has to lie down, just as he asks his question. "Yeah. Going to head to the bar to meet up later tonight. You wanna come along? I'd feel a lot safer."

Following that I drape myself over him again and go for another nice, long, kiss in preperation for round two...

Just before I remember there are other members on this team. We should probably get ready for the debriefing.

I lift myself up again. "Oh yeah, the others will probably be back soon. We should get ready. Speaking of which, I wear lipstick, so you might want to wash all the kiss marks off... although you do really look cute with those."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 1, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I can only imagine how my face looks between the blushin' and the lipstick. It must be quite a sight. And we do have the rest of the team comin' back who knows when. So unfortunately we can't stay like this.

Once she's off me, I get up and get dressed, really glad I wear laceless boots right about now. "Yeah, I'm happy to go with ya. Just hope your friends don't mind." I pull my jacket on last, and stop at the door. "Ya just let me know when ya wanna head out and we'll take my bike, alright? And Sunniva?" I pause for a second while I decide whether to say this or not. "I meant what I said earlier." Then I'm gone, closin' her door behind me.

So, bathroom, bay to check bike, then hopefully everyone else will be back and we can get the stupid meeting over with. Simple.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm... let's get dressed for the debriefing. Some short shorts and a top should be fine. If it gets any one all hot and bothered, even better.

Planting myself on the couch in the living room, feet on the table, obviously, I absentmindedly zip through the channels as I think about Tatsu's declaration of love. I... I have no idea how to deal with that! I've never had that happen to me before! Well, uh... I did, but never did I actually feel anything towards them! I've seduced a couple of people, but only to drink the blood!

Ugh, too much has happened today for me to make sense of this. Hell, I'm not entirely sure what I feel about him. I mean, yeah, we did that, but... is he just a friend, or am I ready to go further?

Sigh... I'll just sleep on it.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flaire, while you're rocketing along, you get a phone call. After setting down on a rooftop, you see that it's from Brian Brocks! He starts gushing as soon as you answer, saying, "Flaire! I just wanted to say that interview you gave? When you spoke about Bunny Bat? That was just beautiful and powerful. Such a perspective on being a hero and how it's so much more than being super-powered. I was floored, honestly! But, I've got a great idea now. I want to do a photo-essay with you and Bunny Bat, showing how the two of you were able to work together for the good of the city! What do you think?"

...Pretty much everyone under the age of 35 with a social media account follows Humans of Halcyon City, and your subscribers on your YouTube channel basically doubled overnight last time he talked about you. Who knows what'd happen if he did one of his monthly long form articles about you! ...And Bunny Bat, I guess, but still!

What do you do?

Barracuda, she shakes her head, and says, "It doesn't matter that you're right. It's a bad habit to have." She then nods in approval as you say you'll bring it up at the meeting. She then glances over to the door and coughs, suggesting that you might should leave now. She's probably got her own work to do, and... it is her gym. Well, more of her gym than Silver Bolt's anyway.

Silverfish, you both arrive at the canal tunnel that leads to your secret underground base around the same time. You've both got a bit of a walk until you get in the base proper, so that'll leave plenty of time for conversation.

Barracuda, Uggggh, Night Hunter's such a jerk, right? She might be a hero, but did she have to lecture you the whole time? Like, of course you wouldn't tell normal people about team problems, right?

Anyway, you've had a lot of time to think about the invitation. It's going to be at the Haylcon Resort, right on the water down in Smuggler's Coast. From past experience, everything's going to be in the ballroom on the second floor. So, think you can get the team interested? Also, now that Silver Bolt's here, do you tell him about any of your awkward meeting with Night Hunter? Like, maybe the part that she was decked out way more seriously than normal?

Silver Bolt, maaaaaan, Flaire's not fooling around?! She's really into you??? This is great! Almost enough to make you forget about that humiliating miss in front of everyone, right? And Barracuda's here. She did a pretty good job with the civilians, but she really looked like she worked up a sweat at the Yard. Wonder what's eating her?

Oh, uh, just wondering? Have you been on a date before? Like... ever? As you or your secret identity?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I glare at her through my mask as I take the hint and leave. Yeah, Night Hunter is a jerk. It would have been a reasonable complain if she hadn't, you know, asked me to tell her what was going on. So I do and she complains about me telling her. Ugh. But hey, there's Silver Bolt at least. On his bike - I mean 'Argent-Cycle'. Man that's a nerdy name. SilverCycle would sound better really. Still, whatever the name, I'm not complaining. "Hey M-Silver." I take a short jump, landing balanced on one foot on the very edge of his seat sticking out behind them, and turn around to lean against his back. "Mind giving me a lift?"

I don't really wait for an answer, considering I'm already taking it. "How'd the media circus go?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Rooftop -> Back to base

Oh my god oh my god oh my god, I am so increasingly ecstatic throughout Brian's praise and subsequent offer that I feel like dancing. Actually, you know what? I'm on top of a skyscraper, there's no one around and no one to see me... there's no pressure on me and therefore I am so dancing right this second. I've taught myself how via YouTube videos, and ultimately all that matters is I express some of the absolute joy I'm feeling. Villain beaten? Civilians saved? Press appeased? Possible date? Career opportunity? Clutching the phone to my ear while Brian fills me in on what he has in mind, I am doing an absolutely spot-on and adorable Single Ladies dance, since it's literally the best way I can think of to express my joy at just being me!

When he's done I finish the spin I was doing, coming to a rest with a lean against the wall behind me. "All of that sounds great! We'd both be delighted to show the city that it's attitude and determination that gets good done, not just fire powers or whatever else. Mind direct messaging me on Twitter with the details? I gotta go, getting close to our base and-" I hit the end call button, and grin at my own cleverness. Gotta maintain an air of mystery about us after all, and an unreachable base definitely helps.

Guess all that's left now is convincing Bunny Bat to not be a bitch and actually help me - and, uh, now that I think about it? Maybe I should tell her I what I said... or maybe not. I dunno, which is less likely to get her to try and loving kill me again?

Whatever the case, back towards our base I go!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 2, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1

Depends what you consider a 'date'. As my normal, sexy, self I've been to all the school dances, and I always take someone from class, but I've never asked a girl out before. I just don't have time to be a good boyfriend, and I refuse to be a bad one, so that's how it is.

Maybe it's stupid but one of the reasons it was nice to hear Flaire say she was interested in me was that I don't have to hide the fact that half my time is tied up in Hero work from her. She already knows. Not that... she really knows Matthew. Sigh. The secret identity thing was kind of a pain in the rear end. I was pretty sure Flaire had just buried her old life and gone Hero full-time, which was one way to not have to deal with it, but I didn't think I could do that. I liked school and doing dumb normal things too much to give that up completely.

(Noting that my choice for Flaire's label swap was -Freak +Savior.)

I revved the Argent-cycle up to full speed and tried to beat Flaire back to base. Sure she could FLY, (which was cheating,) but if I made it back first then I could change into a spare, less sweaty suit and get that post-heroics Meeting set up. It'd taken a while to deal with reporters so everyone else should be back by now.

I started running through my mental notes, to get ready for the meeting, when I reached the canal entrance (aka, the sewer entrance, which was the one I had to use for the bike.) Barracuda was there, and she stumbled over my name again, which was starting to happen a lot. I smirked and leaned forward when she hitched a ride. "Anytime," I said, accelerating a little to force her to grab onto me. Or that's what I was going for, anyway. She had the incredible balance of a drinky-bird. "It went great. We looked like real heroes, to the camera crew anyway. So where'd you disappear to after the fight?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I let out a small laugh when Silver Bolt hits the gas a bit and spin on the one foot I was using as balance. "Trying to throw me off Silv?" Putting one hand on the back of his head, I swing one leg up across his shoulder, then shifting my weight onto that and my hand, I swing my other one up to the same until I'm sitting piggy back on his shoulders as he drives down the tunnel. "Haha! How do you like that?"

My amusement dies down a bit when he asks where I've been, and I let out a small sigh. "I went rooting through the City Hall for anything on the Mayor. I think I found something good, I'll show it at the meeting, then I went to the yard to work off some frustration." I fall silent for a second. "Met your mom there, sorry about that, I didn't realize she didn't know you showed me the place. She seems like she'd be kind of... intense... to have as a parent." Now that's putting things diplomatically.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I tried not to laugh when she jumped on my shoulders because if I did I was probably going to crash the bike. I knew 'Cuda didn't like the mayor but I was kind of hoping to keep the team away from politics for a little while, at least until we were established enough that a word from that mayor wouldn't disband the team... Still it'd be good to see whatever she found out before making any kind of judgements. Also good to have some backup, in case I had to tell her to back off...

"Oh... um, yeah. I might have forgot to tell her about that," I said.

Sometimes with Mom it was better to not really ask her until you already did something.

"You should see her on family game night. Scrabble is a contact sport." I laughed, remembering a few living room battles over triple bonus squares. "She expects a lot from me and my sister, but I never felt like she asked me to do something I couldn't do. She's as good at Mom stuff as she is at Hero stuff, really."

I smiled up at 'Cuda. "As long as she didn't kick you out, you can go back. She'd have taken your key if she didn't want you there. So, you've met my Mom, what about your parents? What do they think of the whole Hero thing?"

mistaya fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 3, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Better to ask forgiveness than permission huh? Well thanks for sticking your neck out either way Sil." I rustle his hair with my hand a bit as we ride along. "Let's hope she's good at both then, it looked like she was gearing up for something big." Hmm, I knew Mathew had a sister, but no one ever talked about Silver Bolt having one. "Is your sister going to be a hero too? How old is she?" Good, questions someone who knew nothing about his sisters existence would ask, I think. When he brings up my family, I make a face and let out a dark laugh. "Ha! Nothing, and I'm not about to tell them."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Gearing up for something big? Didn't really like the sound of that. Usually she tells us when she goes on a more dangerous hunt, and sets us up to stay over Gran and Grampa's. I guess we're getting a little too old for that, and I'm mostly staying at the base now but... I'd call her after the meeting and ask. Mom hated it when we worried about her.

"I don't think my sister's going to go public as a Hero, no. She's probably going to college full time after she's done with school. But she'll always be a Hunter, that's just something you ARE in my family. Goes back a long time, way before 'Hero' became a real job title."

I slowed down, since we'd reached the underground parking deck. It was pretty small, since only Tatsu and me had vehicles and they were both bikes. "Your parents don't know you're out saving the city all day? That's... I mean, that sounds tough. I don't think I could keep a secret like that from my family. It must get lonely, not having anyone know who you really are." I looked up at her, (which was a really weird view from that angle let me tell ya.) "I'm here, if you need someone to talk to, you know?"

---

[20:33] <mistaya> Supporting Barracuda:
[20:33] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[20:33] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 6+1 = 7
If you open up to him, mark potential, or shift labels, or clear a condition!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Must be interesting to grow up knowing you're going to be a hunter, huh?" Probably a bit like growing up knowing you're going to be a stuffy person in a suit managing several companies, or a trophy wife. Except being a hunter might actually be interesting. I let out a small sigh, and as Silver Bolt parks his bike, let myself slide backwards off his shoulders, flipping casually as I go down, landing on the ground next to him. "It's not so bad, they'd go nuclear if they found out I was Barracuda, they think she's a race traitor. But hey," I give him a smile, "it's not like no one knows me, I've got you." I wink and punch him lightly in the shoulder, then link my arm around his to walk up to the base.

Will mark potential!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Moonlight Vigil!, well, everyone's had a bit of a breather from the big day, and now everyone's in the lounge for the debrief. The base's computer recorded the interview with Silver Bolt and Flaire, as it will for any other significant mentions of Moonlight Vigil or individual members of the team from major news outlets. Isn't modern technology grand?

Everyone's all in the lounge for the debrief, waiting for presumably Silver Bolt to start, but that's when Wildfire streaks down one of the halls and lands outside the circular conference table you're all assembled at. After he lands, he simply stands there, listening. If you wait for him to say something he simply says, "I'm observing. Continue."

When you try to pierce Wildfire's mask, roll freak. Also, if you do, he always gets to ask a question of you, no matter your result.
When you stare into flame, it stares back.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sooooo.... turns out, I ended up watching the interview like three times until these slowpokes arrives. Not sure what I expected, obviously TV is garbage on this time of the day. And, a guy made out of fire shows up. Oh, yeaaah, Wildfire. You know I was mostly joking people here trying to kill me but they sure seem to like throwing people I can't deal with my way, just saying.

And he says he just wants to listen. Oh, this is gonna be great. Can't wait for Silver to embarrass himself. Sitting in the comfiest place on the couch, with the legs on the table, obviously, I look Wildfire's way.

Already had my fun with Tatsu, so he's the most interesting thing in the room at the moment. Whatcha want here, candlestick? Who you're gonna be looking at, me, or Silver? Tells tales, you know.

Pierce the Mask: 2d6+0 7 "what do you intend to do?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Lounge

As always, first thing I do after we finish hero work is take a shower and change. Definitely landed in a bunch of water, hair needs fixed badly, and besides long hot showers are incredibly enjoyable and it's not as if I pay for the utilities here. About thirty minutes after arriving back at the base I emerge from my room, phone at about seventy percent power and in one hand, comb in the other, hair still a little wet - but otherwise I'm totally ready for the mission debriefing / hopefully celebration.

"Hey again everyone~" I announce merrily to my teammates, walking over to my usual spot on the couch and leaning back into the comfortable thing. Crossing my legs and putting the phone in my lap, going to multi-task here and comb my hair while tweeting until Silver Bolt decides to get on with the debriefing or whatever. I have a ton more social media work to do after this of course, but I can do handle that while watching a movie I've already seen or something.

tweet from @Flaire posted:

Watch the news if you're local, will have better footage up on YouTube later! Saved a bank, beat up wizard, ndb~ You all like it? #Flaire

tweet from @Flaire posted:

Also talked 2 press. Anyways 1st person to come up with (good) fanart based on newest win, wins a prize <3 <3 #FlaireContest

<Rauri> Provoke Flaire's Fans
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9 + 3 = 12
Let the fanart (and additional views that will hopefully generate) commence!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 5, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I get my face cleaned off in the bathroom and work on my bike for a little bit, until I hear people start to get back. Out in the lounge I flop over part of the couch near BB, but not as close as I want to, she said she needs time to think and that probably means she needs space too. I don't really know what she'd need time to think about, but if she says she needs it then she's gonna get it. I just kinda sit there in silence while everyone else trickles in, before Wildfire shows up like some kinda weird cherry on top. Well if he want's to watch then he's welcome too, I guess. Friggin' supes man, weirdos all of them.

"So, Dear Leader, how'd we do?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Bunny Bat Wildfire looks... well, it's hard to tell, but he seems confused. He doesn't get why he has to be here, but he doesn't mind showing up. So, all he's planning on doing is giving a report on the meeting to the other sponsors.

He notices your interest and returns your gaze, looking deep into your own eyes with pupil-less embers where his eyes should be.

What are you really planning?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Potential: 5/5 / Conditions: ---

"Ahem..." I said, giving a mild glare to Tatsu for the 'dear leader' comment. It's not like I'm trying to micromanage everyone, or run some kind of third world government or anything, god.

I had enough time to take a shower (an ice cold one, because Flaire hogged all the hot water, surprise surprise,) and put on a fresh suit before going to the meeting room. I was really glad I did since we were going to be observed by Wildfire. I didn't know anything about him, really. Starting to think I needed to ask mom for access to some of her files. I watched him coolly while everyone else flopped on the couches, but it was hard to get a read on someone who didn't even have real EYES. Yeesh.

[18:48] <mistaya> pierce the mask on wildfire
[18:48] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[18:48] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 4+1 = 5

Anyway, I put the video feed of us up on the big wall TV and ran through it, without sound on. "So I think we did alright for our first major mission as a group. Solid B, anyways. Everyone made a few mistakes, yes even ME-" I rolled my eyes at Tatsu before he could smart off again, "-that we need to clean up for the future."

I ran back the footage again and started giving my notes, pausing when I saw something go horribly wrong. "BB, next time you go to disable a getaway car, try not to scare it into getting away on its own. 'Cuda, it shouldn't take that long to get back to the group if you need to separate from us. Tatsu, ask for help if you need it don't just try to out-punch something and end up buried. Flaire..." I paused on a pretty funny shot of her in the middle of drying her clothes. "Deal with the fashion disasters after the day's saved."

"And just so you don't think I'm being unfair, I'll spend an extra hour a night on target practice. I want all of us to be able to count on each other. ALL of us."

Before anyone could get snippy, I switched gears. "So that's all the bad crap, the good stuff is that Cuda and Flaire did a great job getting Civilians out of harms way, BB took out the bad guy without anyone getting hurt, and Tatsu stopped the golems from doing any more than a little bit of damage to the road. So, that's pretty awesome! I hope the League is as happy with us as the reporters were."

I tried flashing Wildfire a smile but I have no idea how he took it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

What, so now I'm supposed to tell the group I've spied out some intel on the Mayor's corruption in front of a stranger I don't know at all? Great. At least it's Wildfire, who was my second sponsor, so maybe he knows already about my suspicions? Doesn't make me much happier about it though. And neither does Silver Bolt's decision to criticize the time I spent sneaking into the Mayor's office to get the information at all, while barely touching on Bunny's fuckup. I glower at him through my mask, and speak up as soon as he's wrapped up his bit.

"If we're talking about things we can do to improve our performance in the next mission, I think Bunny Bat could stand to work on her attitude a bit. We all make mistakes, but when the first thing I came back to after making sure no civilians got hurt if the Legerdeman decided to go after his money and his ride was her criticizing you and Flaire it seemed to me to indicate a lack of self reflection." But that's only natural for a vampire. "Oh, and I was in the middle of draining the magic that was trapping Tatsu when you pulled him away from me and threw him directly at the enemy. Even if Tatsu doesn't have a problem with it, if its me trapped next time I'd prefer you let someone help me instead of using me as a projectile weapon."

<godfish> provoke bunny
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6 = 6
will mark potential if Flaire somehow resists the urge to chime in with a team
if its a 7, Bunny has to mark a condition if she doesn't admit to loving up

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flaire, yep, that sure did it! You can be sure that you'll be getting a lot of interesting pictures on your feed. Some of them will even be good! Right now, the major theme appears to be Silver Bolt and you. It's interesting that they decided to try and guess what he looks like under the goggles and such, but maybe the goggles were too hard to draw? Still, that and a few follow-up tweets will be enough to keep them occupied for a while.

Also, Barracuda's chastising Bunny Bat for... for, well, being Bunny Bat. You're totally going to get in on that action... right?

Silver Bolt, he glances in your direction when you mention the League, and you feel him immediately size you up. Then, he slightly turns back to Bunny Bat, examining her. It's like he just doesn't think you're that interesting.

...Ouch.

How could Wildfire get influence over you?
Take Insecure

Everyone just as a reminder, if Flaire (or anyone else, for that matter) helps Barracuda reach seven, someone else can jump in to defend Bunny Bat.

Bunny Bat and Tatsu, also, I'm going to say that your time together counted as "flinging yourself into easy relief," so go ahead and clear hopeless. Could have gone really badly, but fortunately it worked out. This time.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 6, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Lounge

I mostly just pretend to listen to Silver Bolt, nodding my head and muttering affirmative statements occasionally while I think about myself. I'm not nearly as amused by that picture of me as everyone else on the team is, though I try to pretend to be. It's... listen, I'm going for a certain image here, and looking like I'm not doing my job so I can put my appearance first isn't exactly part of the brand I'm working hard to cultivate - and plus, most of my fans really like the idea of me as someone that kicks rear end and is effortlessly stylish while doing it. No sense riling their feathers.

Speaking of them, they're awful invested in the idea of me and Silver Bolt - and while I can't blame them, I know I gotta fix this. The idea is the shippers need to be able to plausibly match me up with anyone, and I may signaled that I like him (because I personally do) more than I should have. We can hang out privately, but I definitely need to focus on that photointerview with Bunny Bat and a video blog with Tatsu or Barracuda, gotta appeal to the NightLight and Flairracuda and CorpseFire to make sure they're still invested in me though. Also, my fans really need to actually draw me fighting for this contest, not just Silver Bolt holding me or me dripping with water, which seem to be the two most popular themes right now.

Putting my phone away when Barracuda starts berating Bunny Bat, I have a hard time not looking pretty pleased with what she's saying - even though Wildfire's here. Have I mentioned I don't like him, or it, or whatever? Because they're infringing on my fire gimmick and they have NO personality, it's quite boring. Anyways, I chime up when my nimble teammate's done, figuring now's as good a time as any. "Yeah, I got made fun of - a lot - for stalling the villain while the hostages got away," I alert the team, only looking at Bunny Bat for a brief fraction of a split second before looking anywhere else. "If my Phoenix Fires are too bright for you, I'll loan you money to buy a couple pairs of cheap sunglasses." Gotta be cheap ones though, I'm increasingly broke...

Spending a point of team to support Barracuda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"I didn't need help. Only reason I got buried is 'cause the giant magical construct I was usin' as a club fell apart on me, in case ya didn't notice."

I round on Flaire and Barracuda. "Ya were in the middle of tryin' to drain the magic from the money, ya mean. 'Cause ya weren't doin' a bit of good. Trust me, I know how magic feels, and you'd have done a better job gettin' me free with a hose. Learn your limits before tryin' them out in a fight. And you, " I look, well glare, at Flaire, "good job at turnin' a four on one into a giant, magical duel. Maybe instead of spendin' the whole time showboatin' for your fans, ya could focus on the fact that you're part of a team! Neither of ya did perfect either, so maybe think about that before ya toss crap at someone."

At some point I stood up and leaned on the table. I take my hands off the, and out of the two new dents, whoops, and sit back down. Ugh, why am I even here? This petty crap is somethin' I thought I left behind.

(8:38:29 AM) ShootaBoy: Defend BB
(8:38:29 AM) ShootaBoy: .roll 2d6+4
(8:38:30 AM) Platonibot: ShootaBoy: 14 (2d6+4=4, 6)
Oh look at that, Defender means I get to use my Danger and then I get both +1's from helping my Love and pissing off my Rival. Since it's a PC threat, that roll gets dropped by -2~

• Locked thread