Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

thathonkey posted:

i'm hunting for a redditor to tell you not to put your dick in psycho

thathonkey posted:

(that's just a fun redditism that my reddfitr folks will get probably hehe dont stick your dick in crazy :downs:)

: (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Y'know Fassy Michael is a very pretty man, but I don't understand why everyone loves him as David. It felt like he marathoned Star Trek: The Next Generation and said "now what if a good actor did that?"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's because David was a bright spot relative to the rest of the movie

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

sorry pk ... ugh i really "threw you under the bus" as we say in the biz let me be the first to extend my formal apology

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its good

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

fun fact: you can make CineD regulars poo poo out their intestines just from posting the word "Prometheus" in that forum

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Reddit says dont bang psychokitty so i think i pretty much have to now. poo poo :(

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
has anyone said run sideways yet

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

thathonkey posted:

sorry pk ... ugh i really "threw you under the bus" as we say in the biz let me be the first to extend my formal apology

waiting...

*taps foot*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

danny mcbride gets chased by an alien in the sequel. It's gonna own.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
it's a very beautiful play but i've never seen it, only read it!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They should make an Aliens vs Gremlins movie

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
if prometheus owned a gun he could have shot the aborted octopus monster

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like the detail of the disgusting squid bag splashing goey poo poo inside her open abdomen. Disgusting but good

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I like how the colony in Aliens is named after these two dumbasses, but the whole zenomorph/alien spaceship thing is a big surprise to The Company.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
can you imagine the child psychokitty and jastiger would make?

Good god zika babies would look good in comparison.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Microwaves Mom posted:

can you imagine the child psychokitty and jastiger would make?

!!!!!!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hector your av could stand next to the baby and look good.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

CelticPredator posted:

good news for you, neill blomkamp is going to make his alien fan film where he brings back newt and hicks and ripley and they will all be old and it who cares.

That's stupid and killing them off at the start of 3 was a balls out awesome move. But I'm cool with it because the new one will totally suck since Neil Bompclomp used up all movie magic on District 9, and now he's just shooting blanks.

Also, it's Alien >Alien 3: extended dance mix >Aliens. The fourth one I pretend was made by those Scary Movie people as a bad comedy.

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

I love Prometheus threads.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Prometheus and Bob was my favorite segment on Kablam!.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Donowitz posted:

I love Prometheus threads.

They really are the best way to tell the smart people from the people who don't know they're not smart.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

mind the walrus posted:

Y'know Fassy Michael is a very pretty man, but I don't understand why everyone loves him as David. It felt like he marathoned Star Trek: The Next Generation and said "now what if a good actor did that?"

David is a legit very interesting character, pretty much the only interesting part of the film other than the men-only abortion machine. While the movie farts around with a bunch of dumb religious bullshit and really doesn't have anything much to say, a whole bunch of aspects of David were wonderful, and not just Fassbender's awesome performance. He's the only character that has any narrative wit whatsoever (Charlie Holloway: "They're making you guys pretty close, huh?" David: "Not too close, I hope.") and he's the only character with any agency (he literally drives the plot except at the very end when he's metaphorically castrated and Noomi grows up a little bit)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Frankenstyle posted:

They really are the best way to tell the smart people from the people who don't know they're not smart.

Which one am i i need to know

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

That's stupid and killing them off at the start of 3 was a balls out awesome move. But I'm cool with it because the new one will totally suck since Neil Bompclomp used up all movie magic on District 9, and now he's just shooting blanks.

Also, it's Alien >Alien 3: extended dance mix >Aliens. The fourth one I pretend was made by those Scary Movie people as a bad comedy.

Where's the god damned district 9 sequel :mad:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Also I too liked Alien 3 very much, warts and all

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Prometheus the second best movie set in the Alien universe. It explored themes that the other movies didn't but I still prefer the atmosphere of the original Alien.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Maldoror posted:

Where's the god damned district 9 sequel :mad:

I'm torn on that. I mean what could they do beyond having the aliens come back and push in Earths poo poo for being racist space neighbors?

...Which now that I think about it, it would be kinda nice to have a soft reboot of Independence Day that was actually good.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You Killed Jesus You Assholes Now Prepare For Space Goo

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I think the lady in it is pretty

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Which one am i i need to know

(Smart)

But don't tell anyone here, because they'll get all jealous and poo poo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

:drat:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Frankenstyle posted:

(Smart)

Man you can't be showing your hand like this

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Frankenstyle posted:

(Smart)

thank goodness

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i'm curious is it technically castration if your entire body gets cut off not just your weewee?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

this question really privileges the head as the locus of consciousness/selfhood bc otherwise it's obviously "no the head got removed from the body" lol not "the body got removed from the head"

ask me if there are any slaveowners in my family tree.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

nomadologique posted:

i'm curious is it technically castration if your entire body gets cut off not just your weewee?

its like, turbo castration

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
the reproductive system is still intact i guess

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unpacked robinhood posted:

I like the detail of the disgusting squid bag splashing goey poo poo inside her open abdomen. Disgusting but good

Ya that was good
I am finishing it now because I got sleepy last night just before the abortion scene

Now a space zombie is predatoring all over amd I'm losing interest

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Frankenstyle posted:

i legit love chappie and I would love a Blomkamp dumb Alien movie...but yeah, it's really dumb. And Alien 3 rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kuato posted:

I'm hoping the sequel is OK, I'm not eagerly anticipating it though. I am looking forward to the Alien sequel that retcons 3 & Resurrection as if they never happened.

No way! Resurrection Ripley was the best Ripley.

• Locked thread