Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love procedural generation, especially about three-quarters through the episode when the bad guy accidentally confesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You can do anything you want at No Man's Sky's restaurant

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

he wants to gently caress the rhino alien

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I want to cum

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

he wants to gently caress the rhino alien

so do I

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
but like i have a feeling that ppl wont be discovering this kind of stuff for long. sort of like how in trivial pursuit when you start getting the same questions you got a while ago

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

hi i am a big fan of video games and i wanted to tell you i have one hundred percent confidence in the fact that no man's sky is a video game. theres a lot of naysayers out there but you can believe in me. i know a video game when i see one

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
you could play No Man's Sky for every minute of every day for the next 9 billion years and you still won't have explored more than 0.00000003% of the universe

on one planet there is a mud hut

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You cynics call yourselves gamers?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I can go out into somebody's front lawn and not one blade of grass is the same.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I can probably also do that in real life but just imagine

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

bazillion planets just got bazilliondier

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

harvest literally quadrillion different varieties of poop

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

out of all species only one farts, but can you find it???

no you cannot

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Imagine, if you will, discovering a planet where the trees are PURPLE

this is one of many possibilities as you explore the universe in No Man's Sky

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I freakin hope theres a cowboy planet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll buy this when it's like 15 bucks or whatever. Seems like a decent chillaxe couch game. A "No Man's Sky & Chill" style of game, if you will.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I for one, am color blind, and look forward to planets that have trees of differing textures. For instance, one planet has trees which actually appear to have the texture of a rock. It's mindbogglingly awesome, tbh.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

On another planet there's a human hut, and mud people live in it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Even further out into the galaxy you can find mud people in a zone with no water, and they're simply called sand people.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Look, I'm sorry you're a sinner and God made your eyes all bonkers and poo poo, but that doesn't give you free reign to poo poo up the thread.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
you could even find a boat on a planet!!!

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I watched an illegal stream of the game and this German guy found a fat deer that was stuck running in place and it had giant bug eyes and multiple tails and then he got banned from Twitch.

We'll probably never see that species of deer ever again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Crown Face posted:

I watched an illegal stream of the game and this German guy found a fat deer that was stuck running in place and it had giant bug eyes and multiple tails and then he got banned from Twitch.

We'll probably never see that species of deer ever again.

That deer was your loving mum, haha

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

This.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

with procedural generation and the sheer number of explorable planets, sheer odds dictate that every person's mother is inhabiting at least one planet in the universe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Having a hearty laugh over here at the very idea of finding a massive volatile gas giant and naming it... yep... "your mum"

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Give units (100 UNITS)

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lowtax posted:

you can customize your space man with over 17,000 different cosmetic accessories, you can choose from over 15,000 space ships for your space man to fly in space and then you can buy aftermarket parts like spinners and bigger exhausts AND let us not forget about the lasers, there are 19 quadrillion planets and each one is different and some trees are purple and have you ever wanted to mine space mud???? well in No Man's Sky your dreams can come true, find all the power crystals and galaxies with pirates space pirates get in 3D dogfights in your Oculus Rift and board that space station!!! you can chain women to radiators and leave them there for several years, you can convert currency at the VERY SAME TEMPLE jesus went nuts and smited all the money changers and ever hear of Ancient Aliens??? better believe they're in here too

if you can think of it, it's in No Man's Sky, it will be the greatest game ever and I would pay up to $1200 for a copy of it well peace out

:eyepop:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is Piss Planet in this game? Gonna drown myself there.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the only thing you wont be able to do in no mans sky is put the controller down

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Crimson Harvest posted:

we just don't know... you'll have to try to find it for yourself.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
have they released any gameplay videos yet? i know people were streaming it and getting banned from twitch...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

There's not enough time in life to play all games, or to explore not even a 0.00000000001% of No Man's Sky.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a ton of people are still streaming it tho
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/No%20Man%27s%20Sky

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Crimson Harvest posted:

i am the piss planet

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

Gonna need some more info on these Ancient Aliens...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Look, I'm sorry you're a sinner and God made your eyes all bonkers and poo poo, but that doesn't give you free reign to poo poo up the thread.

Hah! You're entirely correct! On one planet there is a BOAT, and it's poo poo colored!!!!

• Locked thread