Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Kanpachi posted:

A friend of mine did this, pretty cool to see it shouted out.

They're a fantastic sprite artist, do they have their other work online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Star Man posted:

You say that like fifty people aren't going to post how wrong you are.

The demake is relentless if purely based on the facts of:

-No shop
-No ability to backtrack once you're at Wily Castle
-Seemingly nowhere to find the Super Tank
-They kept all the annoying hard poo poo old school, EXCEPT the E tanks where unlike 4-6, 9, and 10 where you can have a max of 9, you can only carry 4 like the SNES original. And this game has the hardest final Wily in classic series. Nice, guys. Real nice balance.
-NO E Tanks in the Castle stages. Did I mention that? NONE.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Don't get hit so much.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Merkinman posted:

I know we're all past MN9 since it was "released" a month ago, but I see it's still not out for Linux (and Mac?) and it's even to the point where SteamOS/Mac has been removed from its Steam page. MN9 isn't "better than nothing", since for me, it's still nothing.

Popular user tags for this product:

Horror

Nudity

Illuminati

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There was never a place to find the S tank, you have to build it from bolts. Are you thinking of the M tank?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Larryb posted:

It's a fan game so PC only, they also made one for Mega Man 8 as well.

That was different guys.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Dabir posted:

There was never a place to find the S tank, you have to build it from bolts. Are you thinking of the M tank?

And there's no bolts in the FC demake because there's no shop.

See the issue?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ah.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Dabir posted:

Rush Jet over the disappearing blocks in the top path of Wily 3. There's an S tank.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Huh. I couldn't get through there in my last play through. Good to know.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
So for anyone still interested, 20xx continues to get better and better, biggest change from the most recent update is this:

20xx changelog posted:

Power interactions! Each Power now has a unique property, most of which interact with the level environment. Discover them all! (Hint: The Quint Laser has two.)

This mostly means they disable some traps, but I haven't seen them all. A few I've see:
  • That blast wave weapon that nullifies shots disables those lovely lasers in skytemple
  • The ice weapon disables fire shooters
  • The Quint Laser can charge now (maybe it always could?) and it immediately breaks any vending machines it hits if it's charged
  • The machine gun can be fired in 4 directions, and if you fire it down it acts like the machine gun from Cave Story, letting you float.

Basically please play 20xx it's the best megaman game to come out in years!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
is Rockman 2 harder than Mega Man 2, or any different?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Difficult mode in Mega Man 2 is Rockman 2

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rockman 2 is Mega Man 2 without Normal mode and probably has a couple more basically insignificant bugs if you aren't a speedrunner. So I guess it's harder in the sense that you absolutely have to deal with those can towers and hermit crabs' bullshit where they go down in one shot on Normal.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I was playing the Wily Wars version of Mega Man 2 last night, and it defaults to difficult mode, at least in terms of boss energy. Quick Man is a right pain in the arse.

What's worse, though, is how badly I am flailing at one spot. I've always had a hard time with it before, but this time I am absolutely hopeless and the fact that it requires a sub-weapon with limited energy makes it all the more frustrating. You may recall the spot in Wily 1 where you come up a ladder in the lower-right corner of the screen and the next ladder is in the upper-left, and you have to use Item 1 to cross it. For the life of me, I cannot place the platforms correctly to save my life. I eventually gave up last night and went to bed, mostly because after every few tries I have to go farm enemies and hope that they randomly drop energy pellets.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

JustJeff88 posted:

I was playing the Wily Wars version of Mega Man 2 last night, and it defaults to difficult mode, at least in terms of boss energy. Quick Man is a right pain in the arse.

What's worse, though, is how badly I am flailing at one spot. I've always had a hard time with it before, but this time I am absolutely hopeless and the fact that it requires a sub-weapon with limited energy makes it all the more frustrating. You may recall the spot in Wily 1 where you come up a ladder in the lower-right corner of the screen and the next ladder is in the upper-left, and you have to use Item 1 to cross it. For the life of me, I cannot place the platforms correctly to save my life. I eventually gave up last night and went to bed, mostly because after every few tries I have to go farm enemies and hope that they randomly drop energy pellets.

He does have another weakness. Crash/Clash Bomb will help better than just the buster.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

JetpackHowwy posted:

He does have another weakness. Crash/Clash Bomb will help better than just the buster.

I did know that, but when I fought him in the early game I did not have Crash Man's weapon yet, nor Heat Man's which also works fairly well. When I fought him again at the end of Wily's Tower, I found Quicky much easier to buster down in a room that was totally flat as opposed to his stage lair which has numerous levels.

I also found out that final Wily can *only* be hurt by the Bubble Lead and, if you hit him with Wood Man's weapon, his health fully refills. That was... frustrating.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

JustJeff88 posted:

I did know that, but when I fought him in the early game I did not have Crash Man's weapon yet, nor Heat Man's which also works fairly well. When I fought him again at the end of Wily's Tower, I found Quicky much easier to buster down in a room that was totally flat as opposed to his stage lair which has numerous levels.

I also found out that final Wily can *only* be hurt by the Bubble Lead and, if you hit him with Wood Man's weapon, his health fully refills. That was... frustrating.
His health refills if you hit him with anything other than Bubble Lead, it's really cool and good.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Simply Simon posted:

His health refills if you hit him with anything other than Bubble Lead, it's really cool and good.

Not in the Wily Wars version, at least, unless it's triggered by being at very low health. I was out of Bubbles and I pelted him with literally everything else in my arsenal. Everything else did 0 damage, except for Wood Shield which filled his health back up at which point I let him kill me so that I continue and refill my weapons' energy.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He definitely did that with every weapon at all times on NES. I think Heat Man does the same thing if you try to use Crash Bombs on him.

E: And Freeze Man in 7 supposedly does the same thing with his own weapon, I've never tried hitting him with it except right at the start of the battle for a laugh though.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Has anyone done any legit MegaMan 7 styled hacks? There's tons of NES styled ones, and there's MegaMan X Corrupted for the SNES X games (and nothing else) but I'm curious about 7...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nobody seems to like 7 outside this thread, it's weird.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

LemonLimeTime posted:

Has anyone done any legit MegaMan 7 styled hacks? There's tons of NES styled ones, and there's MegaMan X Corrupted for the SNES X games (and nothing else) but I'm curious about 7...

Mega Man X Corrupted is not actually a hack, it's an entirely new game with modified assets.

Hacking SNES games is significantly more difficult then NES games. The ones that exist generally have very minor changes.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dabir posted:

He definitely did that with every weapon at all times on NES. I think Heat Man does the same thing if you try to use Crash Bombs on him.

E: And Freeze Man in 7 supposedly does the same thing with his own weapon, I've never tried hitting him with it except right at the start of the battle for a laugh though.

You can damage Heatman with Crash Bomber while he zips around as a fireball. He slides to the corner when you do that, so be ready to jump.

A funny thing about Freezeman is if you don't move when the fight starts, he will stand still too and taunt you. A callback to Skullman, much like the screen's background.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Wait. This Corrupted game you guys keep mentioning is nearly 2-years silent and not out even as a beta? :(

On another fangame note: AM2R actually came out yesterday.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrigaar posted:

Wait. This Corrupted game you guys keep mentioning is nearly 2-years silent and not out even as a beta? :(

It's not 2-years silent. The creator occasionally uploads youtube footage of stuff.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The creators actually streamed some of the game play live a month or two ago.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if corrupted is all faked and never actually existed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

If Corrupted is 1/10th as good as AM2R I'll be incredibly pleased.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Nintendo just hit a fansite hosting the game with a DMCA takedown so better grab it now out you plan on playing it

Happy 30th yo

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I feel like it is worth noting that the games main site has not been hit with anything, so it is possible that the fansite had something else that caused that DMCA.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Black Mage Knight posted:

I feel like it is worth noting that the games main site has not been hit with anything, so it is possible that the fansite had something else that caused that DMCA.

Should probably grab it quick if you want to play it. Who knows when the main site will be hit with it. Though now that it's out in the internet, it will be impossible for Nintendo to contain it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Shadow Man is a fuckton easier in Wily Wars, but I'm not sure if the cart that I have runs at 50 or 60 hz. It's essentially a port for NTSC systems.

On another note, I'm wondering when the thread title was changed, because I just noticed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Black Mage Knight posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if corrupted is all faked and never actually existed.

What makes you say that?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Chibs posted:

Nintendo just hit a fansite hosting the game with a DMCA takedown so better grab it now out you plan on playing it

Happy 30th yo

There were also people claiming there's some rear end in a top hat issuing fake DMCAs going around so I hope it wasn't real.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Uhh... thread title OK?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

why not talk about metal man

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
metal man? well, he's no rock man

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Lurdiak posted:

What makes you say that?

it's fake like that barkley 2 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

apparently when dr light first saw metal man he said 'that's the dentist of the future'