Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

No drugs just decades of awkwardness
also I start talking really quiet so people and people cant make out what im saying :silent:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

i always feel bad when a woman has to turn me down when i text for the second date or whatever cuz after they say no i say it's cool they go aww you're one of the good ones which lets me know how often guys are fragile shitheads when reacting like a normal human to rejection makes you one of the "good ones"

This, except I've got a hardcore case of resting bitch face so a lot of girls think I'm super upset about them not wanting to follow-up, and nothing says "I have a problem" more than having to go out of your way to say "I don't have a problem" so I just keep my mouth shut. I mean I guess I could install hooks in my face and forehead to keep it all :downs: all the time. How do ladies feel about hook-faced monstrosities? It evens out in the long run when I don't do poo poo like say, harass them or act passive-aggressive or generally behave like a kindergartner who didn't get his favorite snack after recess, but I don't get your cool Groovelord benefits.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Ocrassus posted:

Yes except i do it because I've plunged a syringe of ketamine into my eye and now I'm majorly freaking out, not because of the women.

lmao remember when goons thought eyeballing drugs meant putting drugs in ur eye

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Profondo Rosso posted:

lmao remember when goons thought eyeballing drugs meant putting drugs in ur eye

Are goons geriatric Fox News viewers now?

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
does it mean guessing the amount? I am not a drug user

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tumble posted:

Here is how you can tell if you're a creep or an actual dateable guy:

You hit it off with a girl, and after hanging out with her you ask her out. She says something that alludes to her either not wanting to date at all, or maybe not wanting to date you. "Oh sorry but I'm more looking for friends, but let's be friends!"

If you respond with anger or disbelief, you're a poo poo guy and you probably can't be fixed, and probably shouldn't expect to be in a relationship any time soon.

If you say "Oh yea that's cool. I am looking to date somebody though, let me know if you've got any friends who would want to go out!" or something along those lines, you can probably count on the girl that "Friend-Zoned" you to play matchmaker like crazy. Girls love playing matchmaker.

If she says "Oooh sorry my friends all have boyfriends" then she is lying and never wants to see you again.

I asked a girl out and she was like no but thanks, and we were good friends after that. She set me up with one of her friends, but when we started getting serious she started bitching at me for actually liking this girl. I was like dude, you're the one who set us up in the first place.
It's not like I even bought her poo poo and all that usual friend-zone stuff, I was baffled.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Don Tacorleone posted:

Yeah but you're a Something Awful forums member, soooo...

What can I say, I like the hostile atmosphere.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Endbringer posted:

I asked a girl out and she was like no but thanks, and we were good friends after that. She set me up with one of her friends, but when we started getting serious she started bitching at me for actually liking this girl. I was like dude, you're the one who set us up in the first place.
It's not like I even bought her poo poo and all that usual friend-zone stuff, I was baffled.

Yep. Humans can be lovely.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

The Endbringer posted:

Similar situation, a girl I was friends with for a couple years got super weird and hostile about me dating her roommate. When I first met angry friend I would've been down but she didn't seem interested so never asked her out and we became good friends. Never did quite figure out what the issue was there but me and her roommate ended on good terms after a few months when I moved away for a job.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

CarForumPoster posted:

does it mean guessing the amount? I am not a drug user

Yeah. It just means to look at something to guess its volume or weight. You can do that with salt or flour or whatever when you're cooking. "Hm, this looks like about a cup and a half." But if you try to do with with 2-CB or some Russian 'research lab' phenazepam derivative and go "hm, this minute grain looks to be about 3mg" then you stand a decent chance of dying but doesn't stop TCC.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CarForumPoster posted:

Similar situation, a girl I was friends with for a couple years got super weird and hostile about me dating her roommate. When I first met angry friend I would've been down but she didn't seem interested so never asked her out and we became good friends. Never did quite figure out what the issue was there but me and her roommate ended on good terms after a few months when I moved away for a job.

She liked you from the outset and was poo poo at showing it, and/or she got possessive of you as a friend and was pissed to see you have a romantic/sexual life outside of her control.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Yeah. It just means to look at something to guess its volume or weight. You can do that with salt or flour or whatever when you're cooking. "Hm, this looks like about a cup and a half." But if you try to do with with 2-CB or some Russian 'research lab' phenazepam derivative and go "hm, this minute grain looks to be about 3mg" then you stand a decent chance of dying but doesn't stop TCC.

This sounds like an unhealthy consequence of drug addiction.

Thread related:

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
:yikes:

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

...and I'm terribly upset that these harpies won't gently caress me.

e:

Is this the Nightmare Fear Factory wallpaper in the background?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

is this that halloween house thinger that makes for the funny memes every year? that poo poo is awesome

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I think this may actually be what all the people in the Fear Factory are screaming at.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

I work with a lot of immigrants and they all seem to echo this statement.

The Vietnamese especially since they have a seniority thing with age/gender. I've been to dinner at co-workers houses a few dozen times now and the women aren't even allowed to sit at the table and just get yelled at the whole time. I guess if I were raised in a culture where I screamed at a glorified maid all day I'd prefer that to someone rightfully giving me poo poo for being an rear end in a top hat.

I think it's why MGTOWs pine for the Don Draper days where you had a bourbon in one hand and your wife's throat in the other because you were lord of the domicile, unquestioned and serviced according to your whims.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think it's why MGTOWs pine for the Don Draper days where you had a bourbon in one hand and your wife's throat in the other because you were lord of the domicile, unquestioned and serviced according to your whims.

Except even that didn't really exist. I mean, not that domestic violence didn't exist (although in the "lovely graphs" thread there's a fellow who thought it was invented in the 30s or some poo poo apparently), but just that the "ideal" times, even for men, weren't what they're picturing. It's another advertising gimmick, really.

I remember a friend of mine was a law student, and she showed me a case about how an apprentice in the... olden times or whatever was complaining about his boss forcing him to blow him and sometimes gently caress him in the rear end. And the judge pretty much went "well, you're an apprentice so tough poo poo". Whenever I think of people talking up ye olde dayes I always think back to that case. Like, maybe your wife isn't a slave (boo hoo) but also, your boss isn't supposed to jam his unwashed dick down your throat as he works you to death in exchange for showing you how to stitch baseball mitts

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aside from like, Dante what famous accounts of ye olde nice guys are there?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Aside from like, Dante what famous accounts of ye olde nice guys are there?

I think Petrarch would probably qualify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrarch#Laura_and_poetry

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
chroniclesss of youuungg weerrrtheeerrrr

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gently caress yes he qualifies

quote:

There is little definite information in Petrarch's work concerning Laura, except that she is lovely to look at, fair-haired, with a modest, dignified bearing. Laura and Petrarch had little or no personal contact. According to his "Secretum", she refused him because she was already married. He channeled his feelings into love poems that were exclamatory rather than persuasive, and wrote prose that showed his contempt for men who pursue women....

...Later in his "Letter to Posterity", Petrarch wrote: "In my younger days I struggled constantly with an overwhelming but pure love affair – my only one, and I would have struggled with it longer had not premature death, bitter but salutary for me, extinguished the cooling flames. I certainly wish I could say that I have always been entirely free from desires of the flesh, but I would be lying if I did".

Or maybe not then the article talks about how maybe she was all made up or something :shrug:

E---

Pick posted:

Oh wow, yeah. What is it with dudes and thinking that killing themselves will make a girl realize they truly loved him? If a girl killed herself because she couldn't be with me my grief wouldn't be because I realized I loved her romantically, it'd be a mix of guilt, and anger that someone used the idea of me as a focal point for their emotional illnesses.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 8, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

Except even that didn't really exist. I mean, not that domestic violence didn't exist (although in the "lovely graphs" thread there's a fellow who thought it was invented in the 30s or some poo poo apparently), but just that the "ideal" times, even for men, weren't what they're picturing. It's another advertising gimmick, really.

I remember a friend of mine was a law student, and she showed me a case about how an apprentice in the... olden times or whatever was complaining about his boss forcing him to blow him and sometimes gently caress him in the rear end. And the judge pretty much went "well, you're an apprentice so tough poo poo". Whenever I think of people talking up ye olde dayes I always think back to that case. Like, maybe your wife isn't a slave (boo hoo) but also, your boss isn't supposed to jam his unwashed dick down your throat as he works you to death in exchange for showing you how to stitch baseball mitts

Well yeah, I was more speaking from their point of view sarcastically. It's the same thing as people seeing the late 50s and 60s as Leave it to Beaver and Happy Days instead of the real actual reality.

Don Draper is basically misogynist Batman

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Can we go back to talking about Elliot Rodger and his manifesto?

(Read the whole thing in one sitting, nearly crying laughing the whole time until I remembered that he viciously murdered six people, hope this helps)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

if masturbation was just as good a lot of guys would just live in hovels jerking it all day.

You've never met any other goons, have you?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

IT BURNS posted:

(Read the whole thing in one sitting, nearly crying laughing the whole time until I remembered that he viciously murdered six people, hope this helps)

quote:

In late June, my mother moved out of the Summit Town Homes and bought a house in West Hills. It was the first time my mother bought a house, as she had only rented in the past. The house had recently undergone a renovation, so it was practically brand new. The house had a swimming pool and was located in a nice enough area, though I would have still preferred it if my mother had gotten married to a wealthy man and moved into a mansion. I still continued to pester her to do this, and she still stubbornly refused. I will always resent my mother for refusing to do this. If not for her sake, she should have done it for mine. Joining a family of great wealth would have truly saved my life. I would have a high enough status to attract beautiful girlfriends and live above all of my enemies. All of my horrific troubles would have been eased instantly. It is very selfish of my mother to not consider this.

but moooooooooooooooommmm!!!!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Pick posted:

but moooooooooooooooommmm!!!!

Wait, i never read his manifesto. Did he really get pissed off that saying "Hey mom, go gently caress a rich guy so we can have money" didn't work in his favor?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Wait, i never read his manifesto. Did he really get pissed off that saying "Hey mom, go gently caress a rich guy so we can have money" didn't work in his favor?

Yes, he did. I highly recommend his manifesto - it is amazing. He comes across as such a whiny and entitled little douchenozzle that it reads like parody, but he was 100% serious about it. It's like someone created a fictional character that was the personification of annoying loserdom.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fat Shat Sings posted:

it contains a bunch of neat stuff, like incestuous voyeurism!

quote:

I arrived at the house one day, my mother being at work, and heard the sounds of Samuel plunging his penis into my sister’s vagina through her closed room door, along with my sister’s moans. I stood there and listened to it all. So my sister, who was four years younger than me, managed to lose her virginity before I did. It reminded me of how pathetic I was, that at the age of twenty-two, I was still a virgin.

Wikiquote has a ton of highlights: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Elliot_Rodger

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Pick posted:

A gigantic Korean conglomerate is named after the broad in that. That never ceases to amaze me. It was a hugely popular book when I was there, if a Korean-language bookstore had one English book for sale it'd be that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotte_(conglomerate)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I read a really good but awful book in my symbolist art class that was the perfect nice guy book I wish I could remember the title

symbolist art is pretty nice guy in general it's all about how women are evil red haired whores who have sex with Satan and not you(unless they do have sex with you but then you get an std and die)

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Troposphere posted:

I read a really good but awful book in my symbolist art class that was the perfect nice guy book I wish I could remember the title

symbolist art is pretty nice guy in general it's all about how women are evil red haired whores who have sex with Satan and not you(unless they do have sex with you but then you get an std and die)

Confederacy of Dunces hits a lot of those benchmarks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Troposphere posted:

Wait holy crap this reminds me so much of T'Sais from the Dying Earth it's pretty funny. Story here if you care: http://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/73022/3/Vance_-_The_Dying_Earth.html

The tl;dr is that there's a guy named Ettar who was seduced by a pretty redhead as a young man, only to find her loving a "demon." She then used magic to force him to watch her gently caress all sorts of "demons," then cursed him by giving him the face of the "demon" he found most repulsive. Bear in-mind on multiple occasions in the book he describes a common type of demon as a "Deodand" who is literally a large handsome black man with slits for eyes and powerful claws.

The third act is him finding her at a bacchanal ceremony where she fucks more "demons" and he captures her alongside his new waifu T'Sais who is this gorgeous pure innocent pure woman knight from a pure and innocent world whose only flaw is that she perceives everything as repulsive, only to find out that the Earth is even more repulsive than the innocent and pure innocent pure world she came from. They find out that the redhead can't give him his old face back so in the span of like 2 paragraphs they travel straight to some temple where an old god passes out judgment. He takes one look at the three of them and fixes Ettar's face, fixes TS'ais' broken brain, and curses the redhead to have a hideous demon face. Thus Ettar and T'Sais go off into the pure and innocent sunset.

The real kicker? It's actually not that bad a pulp story. It's imaginative and fairly well-written for that sort of thing. It just has a textbook nice guy subtext, complete with vague and uncomfortable race anxiety.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm not reading through 70 pages of insane ramblings, but my favorite part of the Elliot Rogers manifesto is when he is gifted a skateboard, goes to the park to ride it for the first time, and becomes incensed that other people can do tricks while he can't.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Tequila Sunrise posted:

other people can do tricks while he can't.

This seems to have been a major problem for him.

MenschMaschine
Jun 10, 2009

Halb Wesen und halb Ding
:roboluv:
...aber oho!

Groovelord Neato posted:

if masturbation was just as good a lot of guys would just live in hovels jerking it all day.

What you don't understand
Is I make love to my hand
So I don't need you honey
I beat my dick like it owes me money

That's why
I say
gently caress it.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

IT BURNS posted:

Literally one of the most unpleasant, sad things I've read. still don't see how any of it is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cumslut1895 posted:

Literally one of the most unpleasant, sad things I've read. still don't see how any of it is funny
Because we can identify with it :cool:

• Locked thread