Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

LobsterMobster posted:

Sadly there doesn't exist any video of the most important moments in his career: all his childhood bullying and throwing that brick in the loving river

What about him throwing a brick in the river?

Dan Didio posted:

Only three things excite him; a woman, of course, dinosaurs and the violence of the octagon.

And the first one isn't a distraction for him, I promise you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The FAQ should note that Willie has been maintaining his mma sleuth shtick for years now.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I remember one scene in GSPs TUF against Koschek where Kos parked his car too close to the driver side of GSP's so it would be difficult for GSP to get in and drive off for lunch. poo poo really hits home

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

And the first one isn't a distraction for him, I promise you.

Didn't Fatherdog threaten you with a ban if you posted about this again without revealing your "super duper secret source"?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

CommonShore posted:

Didn't Fatherdog threaten you with a ban if you posted about this again without revealing your "super duper secret source"?

Pretty sure he did

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Either say exactly what was told to you and by who, or shut the gently caress up about it forever on pain of a ban.

:munch:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I enjoy Willie's shtick and will vigorously protest(type on the internet) any banning

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Marching Powder posted:

he developed a devastating jab when only like 6 people in the ufc used one. also after his first loss to huges he decided that he should be the best wrestler in mma and then did that.

There's an amazing nate quarry quote where he's telling this reporter how he's always learning and improving, and in fact he just learned you can throw out jabs with no intention of connecting with them as a distraction of sorts. Anyways nate was ten years into the fight game by then and those were the kind of guys gsp was facing in his prime.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
GSP fought plenty of guys who could strike.

Its not like he learned some real basic things and then used it to beat up some schlubs. He knew how to box, he trained with freddie roach regularly.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

He wrestled guys who could strike and jabbed guys who could grapple.

Notable exceptions:
Maybe failing to wrestle hendricks. Taking BJ to the ground the second time might have been daring on paper but it's hard to argue with the results.

I consider his loss to serra to be a turning point in his career and didn't look before then.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Each of gsp's losses lead to an immediate and dramatic improvement.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Street Horrrsing posted:

I consider his loss to serra to be a turning point in his career and didn't look before then.

He ONLY faced grapplers before Serra, and out grappled them all.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the gsp fitness app

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hes cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93xu7vnXhdk

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Street Horrrsing posted:

He wrestled guys who could strike and jabbed guys who could grapple.

In broad strokes, yes.

However he still spent plenty of time on thw feet with essentailly everyone he fought and was in trouble exactly twice (serra and condit).

Watch him jab the poo poo out of Nick Diaz or box up Carlos Condit. Alves never really did anything to him either and he was on a tear of juat wrecking dudes at that time

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

Each of gsp's losses lead to an immediate and dramatic improvement.

The asswhooping Bigg Rigg laid on him put him out of the game forever so I can't really call that an improvement.

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
Hendricks had gsp wobbly in round 1

and jake shields's improved striking put gsp out for like 2 years

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Mr. Nice! posted:

The asswhooping Bigg Rigg laid on him put him out of the game forever so I can't really call that an improvement.

GSP improved so much, he has gained the ability to drain the life force from Hendricks. As proven by Hendricks last 3 fights.

Or it could just be USADA....

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fozzy The Bear posted:

GSP improved so much, he has gained the ability to drain the life force from Hendricks. As proven by Hendricks last 3 fights.

Or it could just be USADA....

He took 70% of Hendricks' lifeforce. His last few fights have been the 30%

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

CommonShore posted:

He threatened to suspend me if I carried on talking about it in that particular months thread when I first revealed the exclusive scoop, and then I talked about it with him on irc and he immediately figured out how I knew.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fatherdog please probate willie if he's lying and I'll eat a 6 hour if he's telling the truth.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
father dog told me in irc that i could post goatse once per monthly thread if i want to

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

willie_dee posted:

he immediately figured out how I knew.

how do you know though

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Street Horrrsing posted:

There's an amazing nate quarry quote where he's telling this reporter how he's always learning and improving, and in fact he just learned you can throw out jabs with no intention of connecting with them as a distraction of sorts. Anyways nate was ten years into the fight game by then and those were the kind of guys gsp was facing in his prime.

no they werent, quarry was a dummy. The guys GSP faced in his prime were BJ, Hughes, Koscheck, Serra,, Thiago Alves, Jon Fitch. Not dummies who don't know you can feint, which i learned in kids karate class. Of those Hughes and Koscheck didn't know anything about striking, but the others were no joke. NAte Quarry is a legendary retard and has nothing to do with GSP

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Street Horrrsing posted:

He was an absolute beast, dominating all levels of competition, except for a basic mistake against Hughes. He obliterated Sherk on the feet. Mushed Karo.

Also GSP whooped an olympic wrestler in 2001 adcc. Hes different.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

willie_dee posted:

He threatened to suspend me if I carried on talking about it in that particular months thread when I first revealed the exclusive scoop, and then I talked about it with him on irc and he immediately figured out how I knew.

Fatherdog, please tell us how Willie knows

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

willie_dee posted:

This is like talking to that kid who swore up and down there was a secret map and second storyline to Mario RPG where you played as Luigi and he knows about it because his uncle works at Nintendo, except this time you are at that kid's uncle's house and you can hear him walking down the hallway right now to tell that kid to shut the gently caress up and stop lying

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
mods knew

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

niethan posted:

how do you know though

I will not reveal my sources. If I were to say what I told fatherdog other people (Internet detectives) would figure it out and it would whittle it down to to few a people which makes me uncomfortable.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad
turns out that the entire welterweight division was Always Bad even though it was the best division in the UFC for like a decade and GSP's domination of it makes him at worst tied for greatest ever

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

willie_dee posted:

I will not reveal my sources. If I were to say what I told fatherdog other people (Internet detectives) would figure it out and it would whittle it down to to few a people which makes me uncomfortable.

I love your JT gimmick, but I wish you'd just loving drop this one. It doesn't matter at all what a guy's sexual preference is. It's none of ours or anyone else's business. Second, you come across as a homophobic rear end in a top hat constantly dropping jabs at someone because they might like a dick. It's tired and it isn't funny. Please stop with this.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

getting called a homo is what got georges to where he is now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

getting called a homo is what got georges to where he is now

I'm fine with someone making a funny joke. The zoom out joke was good.

What isn't funny is every single time GSP gets brought up, willie has to come in and hurl some baseless insinuation and then act like he has some journalistic duty to maintain his source's anonymity. Fatherdog even told him to knock the poo poo off once. It's never been funny or entertaining and is just done to stir up poo poo. It contributes nothing whatsoever to conversation.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

willie's gsp = gay thing has gone on for so long now it's like the sideshow bob rake scene. also unless i'm missing something, willie never attaches any positive or negative connotations to gsp being gay, so it seems like a really weird thing to get angry about.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

willie's gsp = gay thing has gone on for so long now it's like the sideshow bob rake scene. also unless i'm missing something, willie never attaches any positive or negative connotations to gsp being gay, so it seems like a really weird thing to get angry about.

If there were no negative connotations to it then it wouldn't be noteworthy whatsoever to him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

david carmichael posted:

If there were no negative connotations to it then it wouldn't be noteworthy whatsoever to him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

i was at a pool party in downtown la and got talking to this guy who after about 2000 mimosas told me in confidence that he'd hosed keanu reeves. i didn't find that interesting because i hate gays, but because i thought keanu was straight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

david carmichael posted:

Yeah the way he clings onto it like a particularly tenacious chihuahua clings onto their mom's favourite dildo they found under the bed allows you to infer a hell of a lot about his mindset while he's casting the aspersions. He literally brings it up any time GSP is mentioned.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

i was at a pool party in downtown la and got talking to this guy who after about 2000 mimosas told me in confidence that he'd hosed keanu reeves. i didn't find that interesting because i hate gays, but because i thought keanu was straight.

But then you'd also say "some guy at a pool party in downtown LA told me Keanu was gay" and not spend the next 5 years every time Keanu was brought up acting like you're some super sleuth with speed dial to all his previous lovers and constantly jab at another person's sexual preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

But then you'd also say "some guy at a pool party in downtown LA told me Keanu was gay" and not spend the next 5 years every time Keanu was brought up acting like you're some super sleuth with speed dial to all his previous lovers and constantly jab at another person's sexual preference.

ok but maybe consider that willie's doing it because it's his schtick and not because he can't find an easier way to let everyone know he hates gays than a 5 year long running joke

• Locked thread