Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

With all that stuff he has upcoming that's riding on that phrase, he has to be pretty confident they aren't going to pursue anything in terms of the trademark

Christian was using it on TNA TV. It's possible Ryback used the phrase before he was with WWE and can prove it. It'd be really funny if he didn't. The fact he only filed for the trademark last year makes me wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

Well he's got a clothing line, a business, a website, and supplements coming out all with Feed Me More and the Ryback R logo so maybe things are going to get amazing in the next couple of days. He also apparently owns the nickname the Big Guy and filed for that before WWE did.

Actually I think the whole reason he was taken off TV was exactly this reason once WWE found out.

technically he was taken off TV after he came out on a PPV with a belt that read "THE PRESHOW STOPPER"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SCI was fun and if you get the chance to see Matt Riddle I implore you to do it because not only is he the coolest dude in the world he also abandons his merch table to go watch matches and it's adorable to watch

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i saw who won the thing and I gotta say it killed all interest i had in buying the VOD

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

theres no way santino marella doesnt win the belt at this show

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/762425647679406081

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

i saw who won the thing and I gotta say it killed all interest i had in buying the VOD

The worst goddamn part was night one when a full 15-20% of the audience left after his drat match, which happened after intermission but before Riddle's or Hero's. And night two when it was basically a goddamn family reunion all through the stands so the outcome was never in doubt. Other than that poo poo it was a great weekend.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I saw a lot of drat apron bumps this weekend.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Is said winner not any better than last year? I don't think he really wrestles anywhere that makes tape.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Yeah, seeing all the people in Gunner Miller t-shirts leave after his match on night 1 bummed me out. I could only make night 1 but I heard he looked better on night 2. His match night 1 wasn't good at all.

There was also a gross middle aged dude in the crowd who kept yelling at kids and women who were cheering for Gunner. Southern indies I guess.

Matt Riddle is a treasure though.

Muddy Burphy fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 8, 2016

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gunner's Night 2 work was really good, he just needed a better dance partner than Judas Tallguy

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I hate that I had to miss night 2, but Corey Hollis vs Matt Riddle on night one was tremendous. Riddle just "gets it," and Hollis doing HHH's entrance mannerisms, being billed from Full Sail University, and using the Pedigree was great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've felt that Hollis was vastly underrated for a few years now

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hate that I had to miss night 2, but Corey Hollis vs Matt Riddle on night one was tremendous. Riddle just "gets it," and Hollis doing HHH's entrance mannerisms, being billed from Full Sail University, and using the Pedigree was great.

On night 2 him and Skylar faced Tank & Iceberg. The ring announcer asked him why they'd risk their lives in the match and he did the IF I WIN I GET FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS schtick which went over well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Thirteen preview is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zb3rdnwEuI

gently caress man ZSJ vs OReily was so goddamn good.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
They kicked the poo poo out of each other, it was brutal. Zack was going nuts with those head stomps all match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

They kicked the poo poo out of each other, it was brutal. Zack was going nuts with those head stomps all match.

When sabre did the running European uppercut into the corner and O Reily sold it like death I actually got scared for his safety. It was such a brutal match.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Really hope the Roddy farewell speech makes the DVD, since it probably won't ship until after he 'unexpectedly' shows up in the crowd at Takeover: Brooklyn II

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

we're living in a golden age

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/763018736668254209

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

ar fox may finally fulfill his dream to die in or outside the ring

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Fox: "I want you to slam me head first as hard as you can on the apron. Make sure the edge of it REALLY gets the back of my neck hard"

Ryback: "What? No! I already have this reputation..."

Fox: "AS HARD AS YOU CAN"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

A dream match since that one time Fox and Ryback met in a McDonald's parking lot

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's a shame Kevin Steen won't be around to commentate that match considering how much glee he gets from pointing out what a big Ryback fan AR Fox is

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aw yeah, gonna feed The Ryback Rules some Panera!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Good form Denver Colorado (Name, not the place)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ryback's asking price is $4,500 apparently. So....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Ryback's asking price is $4,500 apparently. So....

He'll be petitioning for his opponent to make the same amount.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MassRafTer posted:

He'll be petitioning for his opponent to make the same amount.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable to happen and him ending up in TNA and getting paid on time while the people lower on the card get jerked around, proving he was full of poo poo all along

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ospreay just said on a podcast he'd been offered a second contract with an American promotion and will be signing in 2017

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

Ospreay just said on a podcast he'd been offered a second contract with an American promotion and will be signing in 2017

Nooooo

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

maybe he has a new gimmick planned where he comes out draped in contracts like you see with belts

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

He was just announced for 2 out 3 ROH shows on their UK tour in November so maybe he's continuing on with them afterwards.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If I had to guess I'd say ROH

He specifically said he hadn't decided on Paul's contract though, just that he'd be in the US in 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I ask someone who would know four days ago if Ospreay had signed with EVOLVE the reply was: "Will hasnt officially signed it." I was pretty lazy in not prodding more beyond that.

The podcast was recorded a fair bit before that.

I believe he has signed signed with ROH. The UK tour is a hat tip and common sense would tell you New Japan's preference would be Will working with ROH and not EVOLVE.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Looks like a good chunk of Wrestlemaina Weekend's WWN and ROH shows have been scheduled

EVOLVE - Thursday, March 30
8pm

Friday, March 31 2017
PROGRESS Wrestling 12pm
EVOLVE 4pm
CHIKARA 8pm
KBB 12am

Saturday, April 1 2017
SHIMMER 12pm
CHIKARA 4pm
WWN Supershow EVOLVE vs PROGRESS 8pm
Beyond Wrestling 12am

ROH - Saturday April 1, 2017 6pm in Lakeland, FL

Courtesy of @shakethemropes

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 10, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm gonna be at all of them, hmu

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm gonna go too

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

next Friday!

John Hennigan/Morrison/Mundo/Nitro vs. Sami Callihan
Chris Hero vs. Shigehiro Irie
Team Tremendous vs. Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett
AR Fox vs. Jack Evans
Ricochet vs. Dezmond Xavier
Eddie Kingston/Homicide vs. The Hooligans
Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega/Heidi Lovelace vs. The Killer Cult (Ohio Is 4 Killers/Jessicka Havok)

Also advertised: Kongo Kong, Moose, Kimber Lee

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

I'm gonna be at all of them, hmu

Colour me surprised you have any interest in a CHIKARA show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the first time in a while I've noticed Homicide on a card, was wondering where he'd been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Colour me surprised you have any interest in a CHIKARA show

Find me another wrestling show on at 4pm on a Saturday in the same building as the wrestling shows before and after it!

I'll probably skip Kaiju though it wasn't very good this year and ran way too late