Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMajinZenki
Aug 17, 2005

That's the design from SRW Alpha, as you can see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKV09ntGCdc at about 25 secs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you! I didn't except alpha to have its own version of the design so i never thought to check. Glad I don't have to wonder any longer.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i have a question

what is this exactly supposed to be

http://www.suparobo.jp/popup/20160803.html

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gyra_Solune posted:

i have a question

An Umasugi Wave original character called Moimoi I guess.

X Omega sure has turned into a dumping ground for all kinds of weird stuff. I heard Godzilla is going to be in it too.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Gyra_Solune posted:

i have a question

From what I can see (on the phone), he's an original character that was created for an Umasugi Wave segment (Robot Academy, where Moimoi, the Rookie Robot, studies). The radio show has broken 500 episodes, so they're adding him into X-O as part of a limited event.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

X Omega sure has turned into a dumping ground for all kinds of weird stuff. I heard Godzilla is going to be in it too.
At this point, I half-expect something silly like Mecha-Obari or Robo-Terada to show up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

It has Godzilla and a Mechagodzilla painted in Eva 01 colors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Mecha Godzilla is in, as is Eva-01 Mecha Godzilla piloted by Shinji.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If V ends up being the start of a series I want them to add Godzilla Final Wars so we can have the Gotengo as a unit(not to mention it's the easiest Godzilla movie to use in a SRW context)

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
When's 100ft Robot Golf being added to X-Omega Banpresto?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GimmickMan posted:

Is... Is one of the Z3 baddies seriously named Tempty Titty?

...Tomino would be proud.

When you first meet her she says her name is Titty (Tytty or however you want to spell it) and then later she's Tempty of whatever emotion she's meant to be.

Doctrine is voiced by Old Joseph Joestar and I really want Bullet, Viletta and Shu to fight him because I'm stupid and love voice actor jokes.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

drrockso20 posted:

If V ends up being the start of a series I want them to add Godzilla Final Wars so we can have the Gotengo as a unit(not to mention it's the easiest Godzilla movie to use in a SRW context)
Preferably with Don Frye doing the voice acting. :allears:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

EthanSteele posted:

When you first meet her she says her name is Titty (Tytty or however you want to spell it) and then later she's Tempty of whatever emotion she's meant to be.

Doctrine is voiced by Old Joseph Joestar and I really want Bullet, Viletta and Shu to fight him because I'm stupid and love voice actor jokes.

You thought Keisar Ephes was going to be the final boss... But it was I, Shu!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just got Moon Dwellers in the mail today and I have some questions.

1. Singaporean PSN thing is just for DLC right? Otherwise I can just pop it in my PS4 and it'll work? I know the PS4 is region unlocked but is there any additional DRM I need to deal with?

2. Is there any DLC worth getting a Singaporean PSN over?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

I just got Moon Dwellers in the mail today and I have some questions.

1. Singaporean PSN thing is just for DLC right? Otherwise I can just pop it in my PS4 and it'll work? I know the PS4 is region unlocked but is there any additional DRM I need to deal with?

2. Is there any DLC worth getting a Singaporean PSN over?

Yes, you can pop it into your console without trouble. There is no DLC at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I just got my copy too, and I guess there's the PS4 theme.

I don't know if it's a good theme or not, but I'll probably make an account just to grab it. I still can't get over actually owning a physical english (ostensibly) SRW game. :neckbeard:

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I can't speak for others, but this is going to be my first SRW since OG2, anything worth knowing before I jump is as far as mechanics? I'm especially curious as to how you determine what units are good to pair up and what I should be aiming for as far as upgrades.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silvergun1000 posted:

I can't speak for others, but this is going to be my first SRW since OG2, anything worth knowing before I jump is as far as mechanics? I'm especially curious as to how you determine what units are good to pair up and what I should be aiming for as far as upgrades.

General tips:

Accuracy should be the very first thing you upgrade on any unit. You'll want to give accuracy boosts as soon as you hit Hard mode or else you're going to be in for a very bad time. From there you'll want to upgrade Armor (for Supers) and Mobility (for anything dodgy), EN and weapons. Weapons are super-expensive to upgrade so consider only upgrading a boss killer or two until you get later into the game.

When picking what to upgrade consider if it is something you're going to use. The MP Gespensts for example are genuinely not worth upgrading as you CAN find a better unit for those pilots. Anything that is pilot-locked is usually a safe bet to upgrade without worrying about it getting replaced by a new unit.

When pairing up, making sure to keep the following in mind:

A) Both units need to be able to fly for the combined pair to fly.
B) Accelerate ("Quicken" in the English translation) is a very useful ability and you should try to spread it out.
C) Don't pair up units with combo attack. Combo attacks take up both actions and this also can hurt Maximum Breaks. Try to spread them out if you can.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It helps to try to match the ranges of ranged attacks, (P) attacks, and ALL attacks across the twin. It's tempting to pair e.g. Arado and Seolla, or Dygenguar and Aussenseiter, for reasons other than combinations, but practically it generally means any given combat action is not working for somebody.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Caphi posted:

It helps to try to match the ranges of ranged attacks, (P) attacks, and ALL attacks across the twin. It's tempting to pair e.g. Arado and Seolla, or Dygenguar and Aussenseiter, for reasons other than combinations, but practically it generally means any given combat action is not working for somebody.
Arado/Seolla and Kyosuke/Excellen pairs actually work out decently if you give Arado and Kyosuke equippable long range weapons. Rectangular launcher etc. But in practice if you're using both it's probably better to have Arado/Kyosuke and Seolla/Excellen and just always keep them together.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's good you people are explaining this now because my main series strategy has been

- upgrade weapons a lot
- get base stats to 50% upgraded
- ?????

Good to know OG is different

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Arado/Seolla and Kyosuke/Excellen pairs actually work out decently if you give Arado and Kyosuke equippable long range weapons. Rectangular launcher etc. But in practice if you're using both it's probably better to have Arado/Kyosuke and Seolla/Excellen and just always keep them together.

My current arrangement is Kyosuke+Arriere, Excellen+Seolla, and Arado+Latooni (Wildraubtier). I'm trying to find either another machine or another position for Lat though because Schnabel Assault doesn't really work with the setup that well, even though I love Stagbeetle Crusher + Blade Sai. It's a real struggle.

I do need to dig up a Rectangle Launcher for Kyosuke though. I keep forgetting.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Caphi posted:

My current arrangement is Kyosuke+Arriere, Excellen+Seolla, and Arado+Latooni (Wildraubtier). I'm trying to find either another machine or another position for Lat though because Schnabel Assault doesn't really work with the setup that well, even though I love Stagbeetle Crusher + Blade Sai. It's a real struggle.

I do need to dig up a Rectangle Launcher for Kyosuke though. I keep forgetting.
Exbein Boxer? Lat isn't a TK but she kind of doesn't need to be.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Exbein Boxer? Lat isn't a TK but she kind of doesn't need to be.

I think the APT-LINK works on Fang Slasher but don't you still need TK for G Sword Diver and maybe Catapult Kick? I'm not entirely clear what no longer needs an actual psychic. I kind of feel like most of it is just to unlock the EX Exbein.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I think the APT-LINK works on Fang Slasher but don't you still need TK for G Sword Diver and maybe Catapult Kick? I'm not entirely clear what no longer needs an actual psychic. I kind of feel like most of it is just to unlock the EX Exbein.

The Exbeins have a psuedo-TK system which allows anyone to use the attacks but not the built-in TK Field.

The ExEx is locked to TK still though.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Another pairing tip: Characters that are couples get a small damage bonus (8% to 16%) when paired together and people from the same team (SRX team, ATX team, Aggressors, etc.) get a hit/dodge bonus instead (10% to 20%). The bonuses aren't worth pairing a sniper with a melee unit but this is good to keep in mind for pilot switching shenanigans. There is also a spirit command that lets both pilots in the same pair copy each other's better stats for the whole mission, it is amazing.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Notably, Excellen has this command, and it lets Kyosuke not be poo poo with ranged weapons :v:

Is there a list of relationship bonuses for MD yet? A lot of them are kind of...random. And several huge bonuses are for pairs you would probably never use, like Shine's level 3 (!!!) love bonus with Rai.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Notably, Excellen has this command, and it lets Kyosuke not be poo poo with ranged weapons :v:

Is there a list of relationship bonuses for MD yet? A lot of them are kind of...random. And several huge bonuses are for pairs you would probably never use, like Shine's level 3 (!!!) love bonus with Rai.

Found one.

Basically it says that the unit needs to be adjacent, and the relationship level gets an effective +1 bonus if the units are twinned.

There may be character spoilers (not sure what Masaki and Lune are doing in there).

quote:

Shouko: Michiru Friends L1
Michiru: Shouko Love L2

:allears:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Caphi posted:

Found one.

Basically it says that the unit needs to be adjacent, and the relationship level gets an effective +1 bonus if the units are twinned.

There may be character spoilers (not sure what Masaki and Lune are doing in there).

:allears:

Masaki: Shu Rivalry lv3, Lune Love lv2.
Lune: Masaki Love lv3.
Shu: Masaki Rivalry lv1

I hope these three never change.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

GimmickMan posted:

Masaki: Shu Rivalry lv3, Lune Love lv2.
Lune: Masaki Love lv3.
Shu: Masaki Rivalry lv1

I hope these three never change.

Even though this is after all Masoukishin games and Wendy was the undisputed winner of the Masakibowl...

And someone forgot to give Hugo and Aqua anything at all.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Is the TOTALLY NOT GAY HORSIE MODE COMBO ATTACK still in for this one? It was op as hell in the GBA games and funny as hell. Ok maybe not as rad as SRX and the gun combos but.. the Yaoi baiting made up for it in comedic value.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Captain Rufus posted:

Is the TOTALLY NOT GAY HORSIE MODE COMBO ATTACK still in for this one? It was op as hell in the GBA games and funny as hell. Ok maybe not as rad as SRX and the gun combos but.. the Yaoi baiting made up for it in comedic value.
Man what kind of hosed up world would this be if they had gotten rid of that attack.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

This and Royal Heart Breaker are not only still in, but they got incredible animations in OG2nd that are still there. Now if only we could do Royal Heart Breaker with Sanger and Ratsel...

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Does Sanger even know how to actually ride? Because Ratsel does since he names his robots after his horse.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caphi posted:

Does Sanger even know how to actually ride? Because Ratsel does since he names his robots after his horse.
I think his ultimate dream was always to become a horse.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
His ultimate dream was to be ridden by Sanger. This is Fact.

EDIT: Shine's crush on Rai is actually pretty good, because last I checked, OG let subpilots count for relationship bonuses. All you have to do is put Shine next to the SRX for a nice little damage boost.

MarsDragon fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 8, 2016

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MarsDragon posted:

His ultimate dream was to be ridden by Sanger. This is Fact.

EDIT: Shine's crush on Rai is actually pretty good, because last I checked, OG let subpilots count for relationship bonuses. All you have to do is put Shine next to the SRX for a nice little damage boost.

No, no, Shine loves Rai and not the other way around. The Fairlion gets a boost from being next to the SRX.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Broken Loose posted:

No, no, Shine loves Rai and not the other way around. The Fairlion gets a boost from being next to the SRX.

...yes, exactly. That's what I said, good job.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Thanks for all the replies to my mechanics questions, that was good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

MarsDragon posted:

...yes, exactly. That's what I said, good job.

I thought you were referring to the SRX getting the boost from Shine :saddowns: I'm sorry, carry on

• Locked thread