Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

altho trying is scummy so you could vote 4 me too :rolleyes: (the scummiest emote)

No, :rolleyes: is an acceptable emote. The scummiest emote is :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like tmm and max here are like "hmm we should vote out a lurker" and then there's a guy who hasnt made a single post this game wtf

I'm not discounting merk either. The fact that we haven't seen anything of him is pretty bad at this point. Now that Podima came back I want to see what he thinks about things.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
if i made rap covers for dead games, i would cover chance's mixtape here

am i the only piggy still care about (?-?)

im not sure of a good replacement for mixtape there but it would be a mafia - related word

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

am i the only piggy still care about post-ing

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Did TNL come back?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like tmm and max here are like "hmm we should vote out a lurker" and then there's a guy who hasnt made a single post this game wtf

Don't worry little piglet. Merk would be my #1 lurker target. I know his life is busy, but it's hard to imagine it's so busy that he can't find a few minutes to just check into the thread.

I mean he's had to have taken a poo poo sometime over the weekend, right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

and i do mean immediately

Aug 5, 19:33

leads to MG3 posting for the first time in four days on

Aug 5, 19:38

This is pretty incredible. Other people have already delved into this enough, but I was already suspicious enough on Mags that I'm happy with a ##unvote ##vote MG3

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why does a town TMM say this?

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah, I did want to mention the MG being replaced by merk, but I was going to wait to see if merk said anything. I could believe this to be true.

Basically, if one of merks first few posts was an excuse about not being able to post much, I would be immediately voting for him because that's one of the the things he does when he's scum.

You're giving Merk an out rather than waiting to see if he falls into a known scumtell. It's weird.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

A possible Podima/Magnus scumteam would nicely answer "why did Podima specifically call out MG out of all the low content posters", too - cutting a scum buddy overboard for cred once it's clear they're dead weight.

The timing doesn't work out on this, I called him out way back on D1 before it became obvious that he was just never coming back.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like for the sake of this game, all players, town and scum should gather together to vote mags/merk, regardless if hes town or scum

the sanctity of mafia is at risk here

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like for the sake of this game, all players, town and scum should gather together to vote mags/merk, regardless if hes town or scum

What about 3p?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

lol the saucy "You're welcome." at the end really sells it.

You make fair points about my D1 posting, but consider this - what does a scum Podima gain from posting like I did? As someone replacing into a large game, I made a conscious effort to play catch-up and make the kind of comments I would have made if I was a starting player - I hate when replacements sort of just null all previous conversation on the prior player. In the process I also painted a drat big target on myself, but I feel my posting was very stream-of-consciousness. As I think I've said before, I talk out my thought processes when playing Mafia to encourage discussion. That frequently gets me called names, but vOv.

I waffled hard on AR after he claimed because his claim threw me for a loop. That's really all there is to it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

As someone replacing into a large game, I made a conscious effort to play catch-up and make the kind of comments I would have made if I was a starting player

Expanding on this - that's what some people are interpreting as shotgunning reads/etc. all over the place.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##unvote
##vote merk

#Istandwithpig

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Actually, I take that back-slash-let me rephrase:

AR Gave Podima a bunch to work with, and he ran with it as hard as anybody. Given that, what's curious is where he picks out very little to work with in the case of many other folks just in case the AR case lost traction (which it did). That hedgey behavior really doesn't sit well with me.

He prodded you for opinions and called them lame when you gave a reasonable (if not boilerplate) read of the game. He archived my own reasoning for future reference to try to nail me for a bus when and if AR flipped scum. Etc.

The worst-looking thing for merk is the toothless case Podima put on him and then halfheartedly pushed later. I'm not totally comfortable saying that looks worse for merk than for Pod.

Basically, Meinberg, I disagree. There was quite enough to work with, and Podima went above and beyond that in a way that's pinging me negatively.

You're misrepresenting me in this post. Step by step:

quote:

AR Gave Podima a bunch to work with, and he ran with it as hard as anybody. Given that, what's curious is where he picks out very little to work with in the case of many other folks just in case the AR case lost traction (which it did). That hedgey behavior really doesn't sit well with me.
As stated, I was intentionally poking at multiple people to make up for replacing in, and stand by each of those individual callouts/cases/whatever. AR just ended up being the highest-profile one thanks to his D1 claim.

quote:

He prodded you for opinions and called them lame when you gave a reasonable (if not boilerplate) read of the game. He archived my own reasoning for future reference to try to nail me for a bus when and if AR flipped scum. Etc.
Meinberg's opinions were lame and very low-content/hedgey. People who just restate the game are hiding behind white noise. Also you're getting mighty defensive about me quoting a thing you said that I didn't like.

quote:

The worst-looking thing for merk is the toothless case Podima put on him and then halfheartedly pushed later. I'm not totally comfortable saying that looks worse for merk than for Pod.
I never put a case on merk. I put a case on MG3 that I still believe is worthwhile - dongsbot restated it better than I could, but basically Mags tried to push a bullshit justification vote on SSV and then peaced out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Why does a town TMM say this?

You're giving Merk an out rather than waiting to see if he falls into a known scumtell. It's weird.

Because the trap only works if he hasn't been called out for lurking yet. The second Pmom calls merk out for lurking the trap as I envisioned it is moot because the natural reaction to being called out for lurking is to explain why you haven't been posting.

Basically what I was saying there is that if one of merks first natural posts was an excuse for not being able to post much, then I would have automatically voted him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I wish I wasn't on a phone because I'd check out a few of the people in the middle rank of people and probably include them. I feel like a few of those people posted a lot pregame/early on D1, but haven't posted a lot since.

Here are some examples that jumped out at me while rereading, in no particular order:

Moat: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784846&userid=107055
  • Got awkward about a lie detector thing on D1
  • ...upon review has not made a single serious vote or case this whole time. Lots of "lol I'm drunk what's the haps" posts.

Glowku: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784846&userid=188565
  • Replaced in, but has yet to substantiate any content.
  • Said they were reading, but their sole game-related post is "The podad votes make sense sorta, but the argument on meek seems off."

Jimson: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784846&userid=168281
  • All over the place, unexplained vote swaps. Could be chalked up to typical Jimson batshittery, but something rubs me the wrong way that I can't put my finger on.
  • This is where the paranoia sets in - he pretty clearly flavorclaimed priest. That doesn't seem to fit well into the theme of us all being servants.

TNL: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784846&userid=118561
  • hosed around a bunch in jokephase.
  • Concerned about being vote #4 on AR based on "not wanting to join an out of nowhere bandwagon"
  • Hedged on the AA vote ('not happy, will hammer if needed')
  • Has similarly vanished, but was theoretically in Mexico till yesterday

Would like to see more from those 4 before end of day.

AtomicSoda also hasn't posted much but I cut them newbie slack. The few posts they've made are at least obviously engaging with the game, which is more than some of the above folks can say.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Because the trap only works if he hasn't been called out for lurking yet. The second Pmom calls merk out for lurking the trap as I envisioned it is moot because the natural reaction to being called out for lurking is to explain why you haven't been posting.

Basically what I was saying there is that if one of merks first natural posts was an excuse for not being able to post much, then I would have automatically voted him.

Fair enough, thanks for elaborating.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK well no longer feeling the Podima train at all.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Yeah that's fine, I'd rather vote Pod but after dongs case on mags + 48 hours for merk to post that he didn't I'm fine with that lynch ##unvote ##vote merk

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I survived Mexico, think I got food poisoning. Good times.

##vote Merk

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I survived Mexico, think I got food poisoning. Good times.

##vote Merk

Don't drink the water!

Anyway, appreciate Pod's response, if nothing else. I think there's some meat in there to be dealt with, but I'd rather play with somebody who's actually playing, to say the very least.

##unvote
##vote Merk

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

remember Tremendous Taste

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I always forget. What is merk at?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Those were two separate statements on my part. I always forget about TT. And what is merk at?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think he might be using black magic voodoo or something. When I checked the post count, he was actually pretty dang high despite you being correct and I'm not sure what he's contributed, versus MG3 who was very low and Merk who wasn't on there at all.

ninja: re: Taste

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I always forget. What is merk at?

i think vote finder's correct: -2

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll hold off on voting him in the unlikely event that he actually shows up and says, well, anything.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max posted:

I'll hold off on voting him in the unlikely event that he actually shows up and says, well, anything.

Hey, why not. I'm not going to be around at deadline, myself. Out of curiosity, though, what could you see from him that would convince you not to vote for him/throw your vote elsewhere, at this point?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

remember Tremendous Taste

Tremendous Who?

I'd vote for him, but I'd still rather vote for the guy who replaced into a game and hasn't bothered to confirm 2.5 days later.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey, why not. I'm not going to be around at deadline, myself. Out of curiosity, though, what could you see from him that would convince you not to vote for him/throw your vote elsewhere, at this point?

Almost nothing, but I'll be around and I don't see any reason not to give him a chance to say something, even if it's just an apology and a self vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

merk (8): dongsbot, PMom, SSV, Podima, jimson, BottleKnight, Ninth, PMachine

SirSamVimes (1): CCKeane

Podima (0): BottleKnight, SSV, PMachine, -SSV, -BottleKnight, -PMachine

:h: With 18 alive it takes 10 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, August 8th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Tuesday) 1PM AEST. That's in about 7 hours from this post! The deadline will be slightly floating (check OP).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

The scummiest emote is

I legit hate that emote so much I straight-up adblocked it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm going to be frank, my depression is flaring up a bit, which is part of why I've been as inactive as I am.

So, one of the scumtells I see in folks is when they're nice to me. Most town, regardless of my alignment, are real jerks to me. I suppose one could see Podima's interactions with me in a net benevolent light, but that's not how I viewed things. He was more than willing to call me out, and I didn't see the disingenuity in his interactions with me..

But on the other hand, merk has literally not posted since joining the game, and that's fairly suspect too. On a similar note, where the heck is Taste? In my experience, scum have more incentive to lurk than town (which I know :ironicat:).

I'll agree that the overall quiet so far this game has been relatively problematic, and I'm sorry for contributing to it, but I just don't have any strong reads at the moment, besides some hypocritical lurker call outs.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Taste lurks, that's not exactly a tell for them, sadly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bored, just lost another game, ##vote merk.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's -1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll be at dodgeball all night so I can't hammer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any reason to wait any longer? I mean merk had all weekend to check in and he also had the entire work day today.

I'll be around for the rest of the night, but I don't know what merk could say to save himself at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Sorry I'm in denver. And I forget to post.

• Locked thread