Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

quote:

wincon: you win if scum wins. you don't contribute to scum's wincon because you're such a little baby back bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

says the guy who doesn't want to get lynched

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I only have your word for it that that's your actual wincon.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

SirSamVimes posted:

I only have your word for it that that's your actual wincon.

I quoted that from the Podima flip.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Podima has died Night 3.

Day 4 begins.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

consider this: apocron

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GulagDolls posted:

consider this: apocron

I'd buy it.

Right now SSV's story makes sense.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Absurd Revolver posted:

I quoted that from the Podima flip.

Wait, I'm confused. If the same mechanic was used for the imgay/podima swap and the absurd/podima swap why did imgay's flip change to podima's original but podima's didn't change to your original flip? Shouldn't Podima have flipped as Bill Cipher?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

SirSamVimes posted:

Wait, I'm confused. If the same mechanic was used for the imgay/podima swap and the absurd/podima swap why did imgay's flip change to podima's original but podima's didn't change to your original flip? Shouldn't Podima have flipped as Bill Cipher?

I have no idea.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Unless dongs says he made a mistake by being inconsistent with flips wrt the blue goo, I'm going to assume you're actually bill and leave my vote on you.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I won't stand for CCKeane questioning my passion for justice.

##Hokutokyakuretsuken CCKeane

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Day continues.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Well that was pretty scummy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

did anything happen

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it feels weird that he targeted you and nto me

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but i guess i dont know what that was, or if it was even real

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##vote apocron

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i forgot about this game

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Absurd Revolver (2): SirSamVimes, CCKeane
Apocron (1): Absurd Revolver

Not Voting (2): Apocron, GulagDolls

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 08th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 37 minutes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

deadline extended until the game ends you can never leave

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Someone hammer this nerd.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote absurd revolver want the game to end

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ugh finally I am dead

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
##vote absurd revolver

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Absurd Revolver has died Day 4.

quote:

You are Bill Cipher.

You are a being of pure chaos and psychosis. You want to tear open the rift between worlds and basically just party as the universe is destroyed. All that stands in your way are the citizens of Gravity Falls, two pesky kids in particular...

You are a Trickster!
Once per night, you may make an anyonymous bargain with a player to give them a single one-shot power at any price you choose.. Give the mod a message and an offer as well as a player to give the offer too. If the player denies the bargain, nothing happens. If the player accepts, they must abide by whatever they have promised or they will be modkilled through any protections. You may offer any one shot power you can think of, though the mod reserves discretion to veto any offers that are too bullshit.

You are Scum-aligned. You win when the scum team holds majority vote or nothing can prevent the same.

And so our Great Experiment and Grand Experience has ended.

Moddoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i-YlS2cXOUyfqyZEs2Z-B3ThjzOVCcVxSEp-nv5QIVY/edit#gid=471523854 (There's probably no reason to look past Sheet 1 since everything is just notes from that point)

Post-mortem to follow.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Everyone wins except for Absurd Revolver, Kashuno, imgay, SirSamVimes, PBS Newshour, aka our original scum and anti-town 3P team. Funny how that works out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I had the best role IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
At long last the nightmare is over. I actually really liked the role I submitted!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Moddoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i-YlS2cXOUyfqyZEs2Z-B3ThjzOVCcVxSEp-nv5QIVY/edit#gid=471523854 (There's probably no reason to look past Sheet 1 since everything is just notes from that point)

Post-mortem to follow.

The sheet is LOCKED!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Post-mortem to follow.

Please open that sheet to public viewing, tia.

efb :argh:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Why the gently caress did everyone get their own roles?

1. Because knowing the anti-town roles is probably a breaking role if all the town players claim D1. Literally all the anti-town roles involved offers or tagging the town players in some way. I suppose I could have had the players who rolled scum make up entirely new roles - ok, that would've actually been a lot better idea.
2. It was humorous to me that everyone was referring to this game as a CYOR despite it being billed as not-a-CYOR so I made it a CYOR!
3. For the lulz.

Other stupid poo poo that happened this game:

I honestly didn't expect hot potato to almost always end up on a scum player. It made the scum teams increasingly disjointed. Bad call on my part.

There was literally no scumhunting in this game as a result since roles determined everything, but that's fairly common for a role madness game and probably always true for a CYOR game that doesn't end after D1 (which this game almost did!!!)

Basically every role was bad. Roles I kinda liked included GulagDolls's deathcop; Podima's 1-shot deathproof compulsive vig, Asiina's lover supercop (probably because they all wrote flavor). A few other roles were okay. I don't really like cops or deathproofs so this is a very concerning list! Hot potato was bad, Adahn1986's role (Taylor Swift) was rather underwhelming, JakeP's Cock Lesnar had a really dumb posting restriction, so did YPM's Haiku Guy. The roles were very CYOR-ful, but not very good game-ful.

At one point, I confused JakeP for CCKeane. Whoops.

Anyway, this was a game and now it's over. We are all free to continue to not play mafia games. Namaste.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Unlocked.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Podima submitted a good role; GulagDolls and Asiina submitted flavourful and possibly fun roles; a lot of players submitted intentionally lovely roles because they assumed other people were going to get them: HaHa, Owned.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jk everyone who wrote a role deserves a high five for playing

good work boys and girls and capps

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the next version of this game will have me replace everyone's submitted roles w/ trackers and jailers get ready

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Podima submitted a good role; GulagDolls and Asiina submitted flavourful and possibly fun roles; a lot of players submitted intentionally lovely roles because they assumed other people were going to get them: HaHa, Owned.

My role owned, actually.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also bravo to SSV for actually using deductive reasoning to figure out who the last scum was on the final day. :golfclap:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't I die as town tho

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I won! Thanks for the game!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

imgay posted: