Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Barracuda, from what you can tell, Wildfire appears to accept Tatsu's interjection as an acceptable response, and Bunny Bat doesn't look phased in the least.

...Maybe you're the one that's overreacting? I mean, Silver Bolt did already give some suggestions on how to improve, and you didn't see a lot of what happened while you were gone, right?

Bunny Bat, you can provoke Barracuda as if you rolled a 10+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Fre: +0 | Dan: +2 | Sav: -2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Hopeless | Location: Back in the base

I just shrug sarcastically in response to Buttcuda's whining. "Whaaatever. It worked. And don't worry, 'cuda, I won't throw someone whose body is as fragile as their ego at the enemy."

Letting that sink in with a toothy grin, I continue. "Anyway! While ya'll were doing things of questionable relevance..." I start, glancing at Flaire and Buttcuda, "or success...", glancing at Silver Bolt, "I did stop him from blowing up the place with that last resort of his. Feel free to actually remember that part."

Leaning back and resting my arms on the top of the couch, I grin again before finishing. "Now let's stop bitching at each other and move on to actually relevant things. Like, say, why the baldie was doing this in the first place. See, I've done some digging. There's some serious stuff going on in the scene. Some guy is forcing villains into their debt, usually monetary. And then forcing them to do crap like this to repay said debts all of a sudden. Leading to situations like our little bank robbery. I sure hope y'all didn't assume a wizard is that stupid about doing a bank robbery."

Once again, waiting for the words to sink in, I take a look around the assembled team members (and Candlesticks) before moving on.

"No, he was clearly rushed into this. Almost certainly by this little someone. And why would anyone do that? It's probably a distraction. Sadly, I have no idea for what. But feel free to report that to the League proper, Candlesticks. On top of our success, of course. If you don't mind~"

Provoking Barracuda into admitting to doing irrelevant things over fighting the present threat. Team if you do, Condition if you don't.

As for Wildfire's pierce, she doesn't have much in the way of long-term plans at the moment - other than trying to get the team to accept her. Bunny's legit about trying to redeem herself but the hostilities are starting to make her doubt it all. She feels like she's in a position where she can't show weakness, what with a fire user and a vampire hunter on the same team.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 7, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +3
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

I glare at Tatsu. "Okay, one, you were being controlled by the money so obviously you did need help, two, I had just got to you when Bunny grabbed you so you wouldn't know, three, I did manage to get the money off some of the other civilians, and four, none of this addresses the main point which is that Bunny completely screwed up her job and then was complaining about other people doing exactly the same thing!" Fuming, I turn to look at Bunny as she opens her stupid mouth. "No one even attacked my Ego genius!"

Oh, now shes going to act like she wants to be a team player? Little too late for that. "You know what, forget this. There's only three people here who are actually interested in working as a team, and they're the ones who are alive. What a drat waste of time." I stand up and grapple to the window, kicking it open as I speed to it. "Let me know if that changes at all." Then I'm out into the sky, jumping away. Its a shame about Silver Bolt and Flaire, but I don't need any of them, and I'd rather go back to working alone than having to put with this garbage.

Yeah, tell the team your problems, good thinking Night Hunter, that worked great. They both just completely ignored the whole thing, insulted me, and then tried to pretend like nothing had happened. Can definitely see why that was a good plan. Last time I listen to you.

<godfish> also, good advice Night Hunter
<godfish> that worked great :v
<capfalcon_work> Wait, you're saying batman didn't have good advice for how to get along on a team?!?
<godfish> actually good point
<godfish> reject Night Hunter's Influence
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 7 = 7
<godfish> bam
<godfish> eat it Silvers mom :v
will cancel her influence and take 1 forward against her

Taking Angry

GodFish fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 7, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I grin deeply as Buttcuda grapling hooks out of a vocal argument. Way to show a backbone.

"Well, SOMEONE just retroactively confirmed my statement..."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Lounge

Ughhhh, it's really dumb of us to have this argument while Wildfire's here. For a bit I pretend to go back to my phone while Tatsu and Bunny Bat start in on us, as if 'Cuda and I were the ones that hosed things up instead of them, acting as if they're totally above reproach and that we're lucky just to get their advance. It's, uhhh, total crap, and it's honestly taking me a ton of self control to not yell some. There's stuff about villains being driven into bankruptcy that sounds worth talking about, but honestly, I don't care to know about it

"I'll text you!" I call to Barracuda as she storms out, still clearly on her side in this dispute. Of course the second that I speak up, Bunny Bat's acting incredibly smug about having driven one of our teammates off - she's got a giant grin on her face - and yet more taunts from her, from the person I stood up for at the press conference even though she tried to kill me. All those lies I told about her trying to be a good hero, trying to help the team... it's so obvious she doesn't actually care, and that she's no different than she used to be. The whole idea of her as a good person is an absolute joke - it's just not a very funny one.

Now it's my turn to jump off the couch, putting a hand on my hip while I glare down at Bunny Flat. "She had a point - we're supposed to be figuring out what we can do better, but you don't actually loving care, do you?" I'm obviously angry, but at least I look hot when I'm mad. "You nearly killed me one time, never even apologized for it. Make fun of me constantly even during missions, but I DEFENDED you to the press - even though I didn't have to." I did it to make the team look good, not her, but she still benefited so it counts.

I give Silver Bolt a sympathetic look, then back towards the undead duo. I'm done here too I think, just gotta get one last ultimatum in because they seem cool. "I'm not working with either of you again until you apologize to Barracuda - and seriously Bunny Bat, you're probably a murderer, how DARE you make fun of other people not being perfect at heroics?!"

There, now I'm storming out too. Bet she says something awful and acts like the team breaking down more is something to be happy about, because she's a terrible person and she's making all of this less fun for the rest of us (except maybe Tatsu).

<Rauri> Hot and Bothered vs Bunny Bat
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5 + 3 = 8
They both lose Influence on each other.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Base

Well I think that's my cue to leave. And they're all supposed to be heroes. Feh. Stupid idea.

"I'm out. When everyone is done actin' like kids, let me know. Don't bother tryin' to find me before then."

I'm not actually gonna leave. Don't wanna waste the gas. I am gonna pull my bike into my bay so it looks like I'm gone. With both entrances locked and the lights off, no one can tell I'm not out. Now I think I might still have a little somethin' around here, but just where is it...

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: -1 / Savior: +3 / Superior: +0 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 5/5 / Conditions: Insecure

"And I guess that concludes the meeting!" I said to absolutely nobody, throwing my hands up and turning off the TV. Wildfire is going to have just the most glowing report to give on us, I'm sure. Freaking GREAT.

Wildfire could gain influence with Silver Bolt if he gave him any encouragement or grown-up advice. (Silver tends to be easily influenced that way.)

Wildfire left, without saying a word to anyone, which just confused the hell out of me. Wasn't he supposed to be like... a hero? I was expecting some sage advice or a reprimand for letting things get out of hand or SOMETHING but nope, off he went. Leaving me alone in the room with Bunny Bat.

I sat down on the opposite side of the couch she was on before she could get away too. "So, is that what you wanted to happen? Because if it is, we're done here, and if it isn't, we need to do something to fix it. Like all of it, and I think that starts with you and me."

[16:58] <mistaya> pierce the mask BB
[16:58] <mistaya> !r 2d6 +1
[16:58] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 9 +1 = 10
Questions: What are you really planning? How could I get you to apologize to the others? What do you want me to do?

"I don't know why the League stuck us together either, OK? But they did, so it's our job to make it work. I don't want to take sides like what just happened, that isn't how a team leader should act. So please, don't make me do that."

I honestly just feel miserable about the whole meeting. I didn't think it'd go great, but everyone stomping out was just the worst thing that could happen. All I wanted to do was go shoot arrows at a dummy for a few hours but I couldn't even do that, because of all the drama...

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I am NOT a murderer! and I was about to --" I say to Flaire... as she bails as well. And Tatsu too.

gently caress, I screwed up, didn't I...

"No, I... I... oh screw it. A hunter like you is probably just about the worst person to tell this.. but whatever. Don't care, right now. I don't know how to deal with people, okay?! Never was good at it. Being turned into a vampire against my will didn't help! And half of this team has actual reasons to kill me okay?! You're obviously a freaking hunter, I hurt Flaire badly when I lost control of myself back a few months ago and I don't think Barracuda ever liked me! Tatsu's just about the only one I can trust not to murder me in my sleep! I don't feel safe here, much less welcome."

Then, I sigh. "I got carried away, okay? We were constantly sniping at each other as is, and I just didn't want to look weak. gently caress. Dealing with you guys is so much harder than dealing with villains."

As before, she isn't really planning anything - just trying to get accepted on this team - but she's doubting that'll ever happen right now.

You could get her to apologize if you convince her there's an actual point to it - like, say, any hope of reconciling.

Bunny wants you to assure her she's safe.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 9, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Potential: 0/5 / Conditions: Insecure

"I never actually killed a vampire before." I admitted. "Or anything else that could, you know, talk back. I've killed some weird monsters, giant rats, hellhounds, evil puppets, creepy stuff like that, and that was easy. But..." I sighed. "I don't want to be a murderer either. That's why I joined up with the Hero League. You said you got turned against your will, so that means you don't want to be a monster. As long as you still feel that way, then you're not, and you don't have to worry about me hunting you."

I gave her a look. "But just because you aren't a monster doesn't mean you aren't a villain. If you decide you'd rather go back to hurting people and stealing stuff then I'll definitely bring you in to face justice. Alright?"

---

Picking up Fight the Good Fight from Legacy moves with my Advance.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tatsu, well, poo poo. That could have gone a lot better.

Do you think Bunny Bat pushed it too far? What about the others? Or was everyone just overreacting? Anyway, at least you got a roof over your head where you can wait for them to figure poo poo out that doesn't have you mooching off of Nock. When's the last time you talked to him, anyway? What do you do in your room to pass the time (aside from drinking, apparently?!)

Oh, and what omen makes you think that She's going to be popping up within the next few days?

What do you do?

Flaire, well, poo poo. That could have gone a lot better.

Man, for as well as things were going after the press conference, you weren't expecting everything to fall apart that fast. Think this might hurt your chances on making into the big leagues? Either way, you've got plenty of tweeting and other such things to do. After a bit of prodding, you get some pictures that capture your badass side. There's one that's particularly good that has you with with a sort of phoenix shaped flaming aura around you, protecting the civilians from the Legerdeman. You're pretty sure it's probably the best you're gonna get, even though you should probably leave the contest open for a while longer. What's the prize, anyway?

Anyway, while you're taking care of all that, you notice that Firebrand's trending locally! The clips you see of the fight are ok, you suppose. He was brawling with some mutant crystal things down by the bay, and he toasted them pretty hard. But the galling thing? He just brushed off the press after the fight, saying, "I let my actions speak for me. I'm not a flash in the pan searching for the spotlight." You've already got 5 people re-tweeting the clip to you with slight variations on "rekt," "lol," and of course, "buuuuurn."

...AND THAT CLIP IS TRENDING HIGHER THAN YOUR FIGHT!

What an rear end in a top hat!

What do you do?

Barracuda, well, poo poo. That could have gone a lot better.

Still, while you're swinging through the city at night, you do calm down a little. Sure, Bunny Bat was being an rear end, but it did sound like she had something important to talk about under all that, right? Still doesn't justify her being an rear end, of course, but... maybe if it's something to do with the mayor like you suspect, it's worth putting up her bullshit? While you're pondering that, you hear a cry for help! It looks like some fast food worker who just got off their shift is getting held up by a pair of knife wielding punks! Who do you recognize, one of the punks or the fast food worker? Where do you recognize them from and why are you surprised to see them like this?

What do you do?

If you engage them, treat them as an opponent with one condition.

Also, on further reflection, I'll let you clear angry for storming out like that and breaking up the team.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

Ughhhhh, I was stupid. What if Wildfire reports all that to the League? I bet he will, and yeah I should've just kept my mouth shut while he was here. That has to have looked so awful... I could spin it as sticking up for a teammate and / or what I believe in, but no way that weirdo will.

It takes me a few minutes to get over how badly that meeting went. In that time I've locked my door (not that it could keep a single person on the team out, it's more a symbolic thing), put Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on my projector so I can watch it in the background, and pulled out my laptop so I can do some proper social media work as I lie on my bed. Takes a bit, but after only a short post, two tweets, and five followup encouraging responses, I've got the contest steered in the right direction. Not sure what the prize for it's going to be yet - because I'm going to probably steal whatever idea everyone seems most excited about and claim it was my plan all along - but it's fun to check out how cool everyone thinks I am, how awesome I look in the pictures other people are drawing for me because they like me!

Totally want to go show my teammates some of the pictures people are making, but then I remember I stormed off in a huff... so I go back to basking in the well-deserved praise for me on my accounts. Except... what's this? Not all's well on Twitter. Seems that Firebrand managed to find himself to fight today, and he decided to be a backhanded jerk to me in the process. Dude might not give interviews (because he'd bomb them since he's a belligerent jerk) but he sure finds the time to stay on top of pop-culture and current events it seems. What, we fought an hour or two ago at most, and he already had material planned? Obsessive much dude? Reading the tweets of people implying he's somehow burned me kinda sucks, but at least they let me know I gotta fix this quick... plus he's trending above me, and that's just absurd and I have to rectify it now.

He just made a super huge mistake putting the ball in my court, ie that of public opinion. It's time to concern troll the hell out of him, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly how, and it'll get him to blow up and look super petty. That'll teach him to be more popular than me AND an asshat about it. Did you know he has a Twitter account? He never uses it, but I bet I can change that too...

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

1/3 Fun Fact: One of the first ever heroes, Human Shield, helped start tradition of heroes (important ones anyways) giving press conferences

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

2/3 The idea - shared by the League of Heroes and countless other teams throughout history - is that it shows they are accountable to public

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

3/3 The Moonlight Vigil is honored to continue that tradition - recommend all heroes do, can gives lessons if needed #TheMoreYouKnow

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

@RealFirebrand - Liked your fight! But why hurt them so badly? Can help you practice control if you want? #BeCoolAboutMagicalFireSafety

<Rauri> Provoke Firebrand
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+3=12
Trying to get him to blow his stack, lose his cool, and start a Twitter beef with Flaire in such a way that she looks like the sympathetic one. Feuds are good for ratings right?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 10, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Look, I did this exactly because I don't want to hurt people anymore, okay? I mean, what the hell was I supposed to do? Nicely tell people that I'm a creature from a horror movie and want their blood? I was in a lovely situation with no options. This gig is the best thing that happened to me yet. I'm just not so sure about putting a hunter and a person that has good reasons to hate my guts on the same team."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

You can judge me for what's in that drawer after your, I'll be generous and say second time dyin', alright? Other than that, pretty much the only thing I do in here is meditate. It's a religious thing, and it's not like I've got much else to do. Not without Nock tryin' to make me go out and 'socialize', anyway. Though even me livin' here didn't stop him from tryin' when he stopped by a few days back. 'Go out and meet people' and 'Go to school Tatsu'. Feh. poo poo now I'm thinkin' about all that just happened. Ugh, I was tryin' to avoid that.

Every one of them was being an idiot in there. BB and Flaire gettin' at each other's throats, Barracuda stokin' that fire, and Silver Bolt for not even tryin' to control any of that. We're supposed to be taken seriously and the first thing we do after somethin' goes a little off the rails is tear into each other. What a joke. This whole team was a bad idea, and what am I even doin' here? I'm not like them. It feels like I did more good back when I was just thumpin' idiot street toughs heads together.

Of course, all of this had to happen at pretty much the worst time possible. Her. Don't ask me to describe how I know, it'd be like tryin' to describe a rainbow to a blind guy, but I can tell she's comin'. Soon, too. I've never been wrong about it yet. This a bad situation for everyone involved, the team, regular people, even the city itself. These tend to get... messy. There's at least one small town in the midwest that wasn't wrecked by a tornado.

I need to talk to Silver Bolt. He's supposed to be the leader, and out of everyone he's pretty much guaranteed to be the one who can actually come up with a plan. I'll just break into his room and wait for him to finish whatever he does. Then we can talk.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

Is this a new scene from last time?

Eventually, I stop swinging and just sit down on the high roof of some nondescript office building. The cold night air, the mindless activity of the traveling, and the isolation have all helped cool me down a bit. I'm not specially angry anymore, but I'm not planning on going back either. Bunny might have had something that connected to the mayor, but even if we worked on it again, she'd probably just not bother to do her job again and act like a stuck up jerk to everyone else. No. It might be worth contacting Flaire and Silver Bolt to get them to help with this meeting, but even with a calmer head, Bunny showed no interest in actually being a team.

Still brooding, and mulling things over in my head, a voice makes me snap to attention. It doesn't take long to spot the source as I scan the streets, two people I don't recognize, one person still in uniform and one with a knife, and one I do. Thresher... But not Thrasher? They were a duo act, Thresher and Thrasher, two guys build like brick houses, with the brains to match, and the two reason's its weird to see Thresher here is that one, they both got locked up a few weeks ago, by yours truly, and secondly, before I bagged them, they were pretty well placed bodyguards/security for one of the crime rings I was busting. So what he's doing alone, doing street level crime is beyond me. But I'm not going to let that stop me from stopping him either way.

Making sure this short delay isn't going to result in the civilian getting hurt, I take a moment to set a small portable speaker down, and starting playing my* theme. *Okay it's not mine, it's Jaws, but whatever a Barracuda is basically a shark. I might not be about putting on a show like Flaire, but I do have some style. Then I slip off the roof, rappelling silently down through the darkness... Until I drop suddenly between the fast food worker and Thresher and whoever this other guy is, landing on two spread legs and one hand, other hand holding my gun ready. "Duuuuun!" I spin around, leg lashing out to sweep Thrasher Jr off his feet, and swinging my foot up to smash into Thresher's knife holding hand.

<godfish> directly engage Thresher and friend
<ShootaBoy> Vigil post
<ArashiOfOrdoPhone> Phonetically I'm reading that as the way Arnald Swasanigger says meow.
<godfish> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9-1 = 8
Surprising or Frightening them please

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Potential: 0/5 / Conditions: Insecure

"Well you could stop calling me 'the Hunter' for a minute and maybe we could work this out." Desperate times called for desperate measures. I checked to see that no one else was around, then pushed my goggles up, revealing my face. Then I took my gloves off and offered her a handshake. "I'm Matthew, alright? And as far as I know, we got put on the same team because Flashcaster wanted me to keep an eye on you. Not because anyone wanted you to get killed. She'd probably be mad at me for saying that, but I'm not going to narc on you unless you really do hurt someone. I don't know who sponsored Flaire, you'd have to ask her that."

[14:22] <mistaya> Supporting BB
[14:22] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[14:22] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 8+1 = 9!
If you open up, mark potential or clear a condition or shift a label

mistaya fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 11, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Ahahahahahahaha you really do look like a dork beneath the mask! Oh that's great." I blurt out upon seeing his real face.

Getting over that outburst, I shake his hand, a lot less firm than I usually do. Must come over as somewhat feeble. Ugh, whatever.

"Uh, sorry. Right. Okay. I'm Sunniva. Sunniva Grimaleal. Or as most people know me..."

Putting on a ridiculous fake villain voice, i continue. "The daughter of Drraaaaculaaaaaaaa!"

"Uhm, well, sort of. Not literally. I'm sure you can figure it out. Anyway... I just wanted to say... you did good during the battle. Nobody is going to blame you for one miss on this team. But really, you got to assert yourself more. Flaire is already trying to usurp you. Don't let that happen, yeah?"

<Yamiphonerir> Supporting Silver Bolt
<Yamiphonerir> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Yamiphonerir, 10+3 = 13

Going to add a Team to the pool.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 12, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Potential: 0/5 / Conditions:

Opening up and clearing Insecure

"Sunniva..." I repeated. "That's really pretty." And super-old-fashioned. I wondered if she was secretly like five hundred years old or something but I decided not to ask. I had SOME sense of self-preservation. "And kind of ironic, given the whole vampire thing." I laughed a little. (If she could laugh at my face I could totally laugh at her name!)

"You know the crazy thing? I met Dracula once. Went to his castle and everything. I was really little though..." I wasn't sure what else to say about it. I mean, I couldn't tell her about how I cried like a baby half the time, right? "It was... weird. And he's way too quiet for a guy that huge." I leaned back on the couch.

"Flaire doesn't really want responsibility, she wants spotlight. I don't need to be in front to do my job, so it's fine. She's put way more time and effort into the social media thing than we ever will, so we might as well ride the fame train for free." Also she was mega-hot and she might like me! Although now I was worried she might think I looked like a dork without my goggles... drat it BB!

"She's still pretty sore over that fight where you put her in the hospital, though. I'll try to talk to her if you want but she'll probably want some grand gesture of apology she can show all her fans. Fair warning on that one. I think she'd mean it if she said you two were OK though. She doesn't feel like a liar to me."

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 12, 2016

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flaire, you have to wait a while before you get the desired reaction. He obviously doesn't use Twitter all that much. I mean, the last tweet on the account was a month ago, and it was just a re-tweet of the official League twitter account. And he doesn't even have a verified check mark! How embarrassing!

But, someone eventually told him what you said, or he actually checked himself. And, maaaaan, he did he not take it well.

@RealFirebrand posted:

@Flaire: as if I need advice from a showboat like you.

@RealFirebrand posted:

is the idea of not being in the limelight really that painful to you?

...and so on. Yeah, it's fair to say that he's having a full blown twitter meltdown. Maybe he doesn't really get that there are a lot of people watching this conversation? So, do you wanna just let him keep digging, or hand him a shovel?

Also, what are your plans for the rest of the night, aside from being a one woman marketing team?

Barracuda, while the crooks are still looking around for what's making the music, you jump the confused pair. After his head bounces off the street, "Junior" doesn't get back up after you drop him. You do hear him groaning, though, and you doubt a lunk like him is gonna have any long term damage. Thresher's made of sterner stuff, though. You send his knife skittering along the pavement, but he shakes off your blows. Between the music and your sudden appearance, he's still off balance, but he starts to square up with you. You can feel the adrenline start to pump as you get ready for a straight up brawl.

But, before either of you makes another move, there's a loud clash. Thresher lets out a grunt and falls to the ground, revealing the fast food worker holding up a metal trash can lid. She looks over to you and says, "Oh, um. I wasn't sure that'd actually work." She drops it with another clang, and then drops to her knees. Dazed, she looks up at you, saying, "Oh. You're... Barracuda, right? Um... Thanks. A lot. I don't know what I would have done if you wouldn't have come along. I guess I should... go home?"

Clearly, the girl's still in shock from what happened.

What do you do?

Tatsu, as you go out looking for Silver Bolt's room, you spot him right where you left him. In fact, you catch him right after he pulls his mask back on and adjusts it slightly so it fits right. Then, he and BB keep talking. She's also laughing and looking less tightly wound. So, that's good, I guess. Um. Right?

Also, you catch most of their conversation after he puts his mask back on.

Anyway, if you wanna go to Silver Bolt's room, it's right down the hall, but... it's only BB in there with Silver Bolt. You can talk about this in front of her, right? Or... maybe you don't want her to know how lovely things are?

What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Haha, yes, this is what I've been wanting! A real fight, just him and me, head to head. Time to really unleash the Barracuda on him! Dancing lightly on my feet, I'm about to spring forward, a wide grin on my face, and then I freeze, grin and my excitement deflating together. ....Dammit! Why can't I just have a FIGHT? Why do we always wrap things up before I have a chance to have any fun with it??? I let out a small sigh, and kick the trash can lid to the side with a foot, heading over towards the fast food worker.

"Yeah, I'll get you home. Just a second, okay?" Sighing again, I pull out my phone and plug in the number to report disabled criminals, and then ziptie their hands together to be safe. I don't think either of them will be getting up soon, but still. "Alright.... what's your name anyway? Where do you live?" I pat her on the back a couple times, then help her up to her feet. "I'll you a treat too, no point wasting money for a taxi ride. Hold tight." I wrap her arms around me, so she's clinging to my side, and slip my own arm under her shoulders to hold her just as tight, and then I grapple up to the top of the nearest building, and take us across the rooftops in the direction of her house. Having a big dead weight on my side makes things a bit clumsier, but I don't have super strength and balance for nothing.

Once we've gone a little ways, I take a detour towards the one of the taller buildings in the city, and sit us both down on the edge so she can get a good look at the place. It's very pretty, even if I'm not in the mood to appreciate it right now. "Nice view, huh? Take sometime to just enjoy it and calm down. You've gotta be freaking out a bit about that, right?" I smile in as comforting a way as I can under this mask, still wishing she'd just run away so I could have beaten Thresher up.

<godfish> comfort fast food lady
<godfish> (not a superhero name)
<godfish> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> godfish, 9+3 = 12

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Barracuda, before you pick her up, the teen gives short answers to your questions. "Haley" and "Near Halcyon Bridge," respectively.

After a bit of high line swinging, you take a break and land the two of you on the Ryder Building, notable for containing the very anti-superhero Ryder and Sons Law Firm. Still, you probably won't get in trouble for just enjoying the view.

Haley's calmed down a bit, and between the adrenaline rush of the swinging and the amazing view, she's talking in full, non-stammering sentences now.

"Yeah... I didn't really know what was happening." She actually laughs a little and says, "My brother's not gonna let me hear the end of it. He told me he didn't want me taking night shifts, because I'd be walking to the bus stop in the dark and then I'd get mugged. But, I really wanted the job for the extra money so I could go out with my friends, and that meant I had to work nights..." She trails off, her mind whirring with what's going to happen with her job now.

But, she snaps out of it and looks up at you, eyes wide with recognition as if she'd only just now gotten a good look at you. She says, "Oh! You're with the Moonlight Vigil, right!" Technically, it's a question, but she's so sure of the answer she doesn't stop for you to confirm. She continues, "My big brother works at the bank, and he told me all about how you guys saved him from that wizard. He gives me a lot of grief, like I said, but I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to him. So, I guess this is the second time I should be thanking you."

She smiles up at you, and it's a real, happy smile. She stands up and gives you a hug, saying, "Thanks. You guys were really great."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

If any of my teammates are lurking outside my door - very possible, I know they all think I'm interesting - they're treated to at least a solid three minutes of me just about laughing my rear end off over Firebrand immolating his brand via Twitter. Every new tweet is better than the last, and I'm totally aware that I've already got this won. Like, I could just stop right this second and he'd still look like a total rear end in a top hat to everyone that watched this go down, aka my thousands of loyal fans.

But why go easy on him? Sorry dude, but the League's not big enough for the both of us and you're kinda a poo poo. I've got him right where I want him, and it's time for the checkmate.

@Flaire ✔️ posted:

@RealFirebrand I didn't know nice meltdowns are one of your powers - guess there are things you can teach me after all @Wickedelegance

<Rauri> Seek Help from Audience
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Nea> I say this having just graduated high school :v
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3=10
<Rauri> yussss
When you seek help from your audience, roll+Superior. On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand.

That's right, I brought in Wicked Elegance to this mess right when Firebrand's at his lowest point. She's one of my fans but I've got a ton of them, not like she's a big deal or anything - she's just on the Super League itself and a famously effective and awesome hero! I used to have a poster of her when I was a kid, and now she's my sponsor and we talk occasionally and she's totally going to have my back in this. Plus my fans will go crazy to see a hero on the actual League responding to my tweet, so it's going to be doubly awesome to watch her burn the gently caress out of him!

Oh my god I have to celebrate this with someone - I'll just end up spending all night on the internet while listening to music and watching movies if I don't, and that's no way for a hero to spend their time! Remembering my promise earlier, I pull my communicator out and send a message to Barracuda, grinning all the while.

txt to Barracuda posted:

OMG come back to the base have something awesome to tell you!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 15, 2016

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Of course it's good! It means that Dear Leader is doin' his friggin' job, and salvagin' this wreck of a team. And it needs to get salvaged, especially for BB's sake. She has the most to lose if we get shut down. Silver, Flaire, and Barracuda were all established heroes before we got put together. This team is supposed to be her redemption or some such. Which is kinda crap, but ya can't really argue with the big boys, not at this level.

Besides, even if I did go in there, I'd still have to ask Silver to step out with me for a minute. BB just told me that she thinks I'm good and talkin' about the time I was about fifty percent responsible for leveling a small town right after that ain't on my list of stuff I wanna do. I'll tell her some other time. For now, I leave the two of them behind and continue to Silver Bolt's room. Y'know what? I'm gonna skip the part where I break in, and just wait outside it. Screw it. I just wanna get this talk over with, so Dear Leader can go work his mojo on the other two.

Hopefully we're all on the same page by the time the League comes knockin'.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Oh, is that so? Dracula never told me about that. Anyway... I'm going to go apologize to Flaire now. Or try to, anyway." I reply to Silver, as I walk off to Flaire's room.

Knocking on the door, I wait for Flaire to open to door. I woulda said something... but I'm actually kinda scared...

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

There's a knock at the door, and for a second I can't figure out if Barracuda was just hanging out nearby waiting for a message from me, or if she got her insanely quickly since her powers definitely enable that - but really either option's cool. Now I have someone to hang out with and share some of the artwork my fans have drawn, plus I get to brag about how awesome I've made myself (and by association the rest of the team) look on Twitter, and maybe she's never seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I'm not that far into it, I can definitely restart it if she'd like to see it, I love sharing awesome films after all!

"Just a second!" I call at whoever just knocked. Placing my laptop next to me on the beanbag, I pause the movie - just because I've seen it before is no excuse to let it play without paying even a little attention - and then hop out of my seat, walking over and opening the door in order to admit... Bunny Bat? The Hell?

Staring at her in confusion for a moment or two, I defensively throw up my flashiest grin when I realize that she's here on purpose and Barracuda isn't just playing some sort of prank on me by inviting BB along. I have no idea WHY she's here of course, but I'm like... ninety five percent certain she's not going to attack me this time (I totally could take her if she tried, uh, obviously) so worst case scenario she just spews a few more slanders my way and then I shut the door in her face. "Oh! Uh, hey Double Bs - need me to invite you inside or something?" I make a welcoming hand motion just in case, since vampires are loving weird. Has she ever seen the inside of my room before? Bet hers has a coffin in it.

I wait a beat, my smile somehow growing even larger, before adding "That was a joke!" An attempt at one anyways.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Well, that was abrupt. Good to see she's taking my advice seriously though!

I was pretty tired so I headed back towards my room-slash-workshop. Needed to check those tranquilizers and see if there was something wrong with them. It was still hard to believe I'd just MISSED like that.

Tatsu was lurking standing outside my door when I got there. "Uh... hey?" I said. "Everything OK?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"No." I push myself off from where I'd been leanin' against the wall. "We got a problem, one bigger than this breakup thing. I'm gonna have some unwelcome visitors soon. Like when we first met."

I almost leave it there and start goin' into plans, but I stop. He's tryin' to patch stuff and lead this garbage fire, and that makes me feel like he deserves to know a bit more. So I tell him.

"Look, that first time, with Ptolemy? And how we kinda tore up most of that block? Well that was actually really, really tame compared to basically every other time I've dealt with her goons. I don't wanna get into details, but there's at least one small town that doesn't exist anymore, to give ya an idea. Now I'm ready to just clear outta here for a while, and deal with this on my own, but you're the leader here, so it's your call. This ain't gonna be pretty, so think hard."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Right... uh... yeah, sure.

Taking the invitation, I enter the room, and I take a look around the room while wait for her to close the door before I start talking.

"Uh... well... I came here to apologize. For, well... everything. Especially for my behavior earlier, and, well... you know."

Fidgeting around nervously, I need a moment before I can continue.

"I... kind of thought you hated me. I mean, you have every reason to. But then I saw the interview. So... I kind of hoped we could reconcile. Look, I know you probably don't care... but back then wasn't intentional. I lost control of myself. I was starving..."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Holy poo poo, she's actually here to apologize? I can feel my jaw go slack, I'm absolutely stunned - I'd think it was a trick if Bunny Bat had ever bothered with subtlety before. Plus she looks super nervous, and I've never seen her look this way before. It's... oddly humanizing? I mean she tried to kill me once, but she's sorry for it, and from what I understand about heroism (a ton!) forgiving and working with people that tried to kill you once is just a part of the job. Kinda not so great that it's not a public apology of course, but I've got an idea or two on that front that will work out best for everybody - my adoring fans, her, and most of all me!

Also, mental note, Bunny Bat's not allowed to go on a diet if being hungry causes her to go all Dracula on somebody. Need to talk to Silver Bolt about that... and maybe a few other things. Anyways, I'm impossibly good at reading people and I can tell Bunny Bat is genuinely sorry - maybe not enough, but she's trying. So I guess I should forgive her... in a calculated fashion, of course. To start off, let's turn the movie back on - want some audio cover to make sure we're not overheard.

Next up I offer her a big grin and an even bigger hug (please oh please don't bite my neck). And you know what? I've never realized just how TINY she is. Like seriously, she'd look like my bratty little sister if she had red hair - and a bit more fashion sense, and definitely needs more pizazz and glamour - but the point remains that she's tiny and also for once I'm not scared or annoyed with her. "There, there, it's cool. We're good." We're not but I'm accepting her apology, speaking of which onto phase two!

Releasing the hug and grabbing her hand, I guide Bunny Bat to my bed to sit next to me, offering her a fanmade Flaire plushie to use as a pillow if she wants it and also to show it off. "I mean, not going to lie to you - that one incident," murder attempt, "really sucked. I was in the hospital for three weeks, and that was EXPENSIVE and my parents don't support me anymore, so yeah I'm still paying it off. Plus no one visited me..." For a second I can't help but look really sad remembering that. Lots of comments on social media, but the trip to the hospital was just too far for everyone I guess. poo poo, I didn't mean to think about that now!

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they will tell anyone the truth about you. If they agree to keep it a secret, clear a condition or mark potential. If they don't agree, then they shift your Labels according to how they see you now.

I look worried for a second, but recover and gesture at a poster a fan drew that I got enlarged at a Kinkos. "Anyways I have a reputation to try and maintain, so no telling anyone that, OK?" I put an arm around her shoulder now, smiling like I'm sure we're on the same page about everything, including the one I'm just about to turn to. "Speaking of... wanna do a video with me for my blog? Show we're united? Like you said?" Yup, that'll work.

<Rauri> Provoke Bunny Bat to do a vlog with her
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+3=9
Yami, add a Team to the pool if Bunny Bat agrees to help. Let's try and mend this bridge!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 17, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The way Tatsu says "her" sends a shiver up my spine. I didn't know much about what happened to him before he joined up with the league, but I knew that he wasn't well... mortal, in the normal sense. When he got killed he just got back up again. It sounded like a great superpower on paper, but I wondered how awful it must be to wake up after dying. Definitely not something I wanted to do, like ever.

"Hey, you're part of the team, Tatsu," I said. "And on my team, no one gets left behind, or leaves the team behind. Halcyon City is a lot better equipped to deal with evil and crazy than most places, and if things get really serious we can call the League for help. Not that I want to, but you know, to prevent mass destruction and stuff."

I hold my fist out for some bumping. "No one's breaking us up, not even us, right?"

I hope I'm right, I will look like a complete and total loser if I'm not. :ohdear:

---

[00:29] <mistaya> supporting my man tatsu
[00:29] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[00:29] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 8+1 = 9!
If you open up, mark potential or clear a condition or shift a label!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: | Location: The Base

Man, my life sure found a way to get weirder. Here I am fist bumping with a monster hunter, right after talkin' about how it's all gonna go to poo poo soon.

"Hopefully. Don't wanna make Dear Leader a liar after all. Gotta say, I didn't expect you of all people to stand with somethin' like me when she finally came knockin'. Bit of a surprise. Feels kinda weird to trust my back to a monster hunter, gotta be honest, but I guess I could have worse people behind me."

Wow, I'm gettin' really touchy-feely today, wonder what's bringin' that on? Hmm. I dunno if this is a good thing or not yet. It hasn't bit me in the rear end so far, so I guess I'll just let it ride for now, see what happens.

"Well good luck with gettin' Barracuda back. Somethin' tells me she's gonna be a harder sell than BB was, just a hunch. I'm goin' to bed, I need it after today."

I turn and start headin' down the hall.

"Night, Silver."

Takin' that sweet, sweet potential.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I just nervously smile and laugh as she drags me around the room, first turning the movie on (?) and then giving me a pillow (???) before she hugs me... and tells me it's all good.

Eh... Ehh... should I be worried? This is almost too easy...

And then she mentions having to pay a ton of money... because of me.

"Uh... uh... I... I would have visited if I wasn't afraid of you setting the whole hospital on fire upon seeing me. And, uh, the whole villain thing. I... I know! I'll pay it for you! Least I can do. I have easy access to money."

"legal money."

"Really!"

Well, technically... it's not going to be that easy. I'd have to ask... Dracula...

Wait. WAIT. I knew this was too easy! A vlog! I knew this was a trap!

"I, uh, sure. W-w-wait, like, right now? Don't your fans, like, hate my guts or something?!"

agreeing to keep it a secret.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 17, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: | Location: Base - Flaire's Room

Adding potential via Team Move.

While it's not possible for people's pupils to change into dollar signs (unless you had some sort of hologram projector or illusion magic or shapeshifting now that I think about it) mine definitely would if they could about right now. Did Bunny Bat seriously just offer to pay off that hospital stay? Don't get me wrong it's totally her fault to begin with, but that'd really help me out! "Oh wow, yeah that'd be amazing, thanks a ton!" I hug her again, a lot more enthusiastically this time.

Also she thinks my fans hate her, which is really kindof adorable - she clearly has no idea how the internet works. "No, actually a lot of my fans ship us." That doesn't seem to mean anything to her, so I sigh and reach for my laptop, then bring up the folders of fanart and particularly noteworthy stuff fans have left for me. Doubleclicking on the one named 'Vampfire,' I show off some of the art that's been made of the two of us together (I don't click on the X-Rated folder, again some of my fans are quite weird) and let her look through them. Key things fans of that pairing seem to like - the two of us sniping at one another, her being a jerk to me because she likes me (fat chance of that) and vice versa (an even fatter chance), and, uh, blood symbolism.

"Basically, some people on the internet think that because you're mean to me - and that whole drank my blood incident - that you've got a crush on me, or me on you, or both of us on each other - who knows, the point is a fraction of these people probably mostly pay attention to me because of that." Has she got all that? I search her eyes to ascertain how comprehending she is of the nuances of 21st century advertising.

Combing my hair while she continues to search through the pictures in that folder on my laptop, I add "So yeah, if we do a video where that dynamic's preserved - you acting all annoyed to be in it, me 'intentionally' not noticing you being annoyed, and the two of us just talking about heroism or even watching Youtube clips and reacting to them, my fans will just absolutely eat it up! We don't have to do it right now, I gotta write a script for us first."

I think for just a second, and then tempt her with the following. "Oh, and I'll even have a pretty hilarious surprise for the video itself - trust me, you'll love it."

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Maybe you can get your brother to pick you up after work? Muggings aren't that common, but I can't be here every night." I grin a little, joking, but then an idea comes to me. "Actually...." I trail off, digging around in the very tight pockets built into my suit, and come up with a couple hundreds -my spending money for a couple days- and hand them over to Haley. "Here. For cab rides home until you've got a few paychecks. You didn't get it from me though, or everyone'll be wanting them." I keep smiling, and tap the side of my mask so the red light in one eye blinks out for a second, -a wink- feeling satisfied with myself for a good deed done today, entirely unrelated to being Barracuda.

"Oh, uh. Y-yeah, I'm with Moonlight Vigil." I return the hug with mixed feelings, both proud and irritated thinking about the team I'm on. Was on. "Glad we could help, that's what heroes are for, right?" Thankfully my phone goes off so I have an excuse to get going. "Oh! Sorry, getting a message from them now. Here-" I grab her up again, and rappel down the building, setting her down on the street near another bus stop. "You can get the rest of the way, right?" After getting her confirmation, I zip up into the buildings again, looking at the message.

"What the heck is this?" I frown at Flaire's message, and let out a long sigh. Something awesome, how incredibly vague. Well, alright, but if it involves anyone but Flaire, I'm out of there. I head back to the base, not bothering to send a reply, and before long I'm hanging outside her window. I knock on it a couple times, and once she opens it, I stick my head inside. "This better be go-" Oh hi Bunny Bat. "Never mind." I pull my head back out and start to rappel away again. Yup I'm ooooout.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Night, Tatsu," I say back, before stepping into my room. Once I was safely inside I leaned against the back of the door and just... sank down to sit on the rug. I was exhausted! Like, not just physically either, from all the running around and saving the day. Mentally, I was fried. But at least I'd gotten BB and Tatsu to relax a little. Hopefully BB and Flaire could work things out because I could only do so much with that. Tatsu... well, I'd promised to help even though I had no idea what the heck he was talking about. That might be a problem. Maybe mom would know more about it.

Oh right, MOM! 'Cuda said she was gearing up for something, and I hadn't called home yet to check in. I dug my phone out of my belt pouch and checked my messages. A couple from school friends, one from my sister asking if I'd asked Flaire out yet, (of course) and one from Mom. All it said was "Call me"

I pulled up the house phone number and listened to the ring.

----

Silver's calling home, could be either his mom or sister who answers though.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Uh... Uh... What is... all this..." I just blurt out as I look through the pictures. Just what the hell are Flaire's fans doing? This... this an amazing conclusion gathered from one accidental near-murder. Ugh, did I really have to phrase it like that?

And then she nearly suffocates me in her boobs again. Once she releases me, I speak up with a gasp.

"I... I'm glad to help... but please... mind the height... difference..."

Catching my breath, I continue. "It's fine, really. I just need to ask dad-- I mean, Dracula for some money. Which... is gonna be a hassle but it's the least I can do!"

"But uh... I... I'm not so sure about this whole thing. I... I'm not so sure if I wanna enable your fans! if they draw stuff like this!? and I don't even know what Youtube is..."

In my confusion/embarrassment, I almost missed Barracuda. Huh, that was weird.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 19, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I'm an attentive listener and I'm carefully considering what Bunny Bat's saying... and oh wait something just clicked "Wait your dad's Dracula?!" That's, uh, insane?! "You sure he won't mind?" I'm pretty clearly surprised by this, but her next question puts me on a much more even keel. Why like my fans even when they draw art that, on occasions, can be bad and / or creepy?

"Oh c'mon - they draw really awesome stuff too!" I open the folder with some of my favorite fanart of myself, all of them (at least in my opinion) a combination of amazing, cute, heroic, and fun. Double clicking on the newest addition to the folder, the awesome one of me with the Phoenix-shaped Fire around me, looking so confident and bold and larger than life (but not in a bad way, I'm drawn proportionally in it and therefore look great), then explain further. "See? And that's just from today! People have done songs before too, and upvoted me in polls online I had no business being in, and I got about five hundred birthday cards last year, and..."

I'm bragging maybe a little too much, so I just have a tiny bit more to add. "Seriously, being famous is super amazing - and I REALLY love being a hero, so why not combine them? Besides, being famous will definitely help me get onto the League of Heroes one day!"

Seriously, she doesn't even know what YouTube is. This is embarrassing for her.

There's a knock at the window, and hey Barracuda's here! I look towards her with a smile - and move over to open the window, greeting her with a quick "Hey Barracuda!" But it's already too late - it looks like she's spotted Bunny Bat and she's looking sick from what I can see of her. "Oh comeon! We're hanging out and looking over fanart people have made for me, it's fun! Besides we gotta work together and Bunny Bat already apologized to me, so it's all cool." I offer her a hand in case she'd like help into the room, not that she needs it, and there's gotta be no way she rejects my overt overtures of friendship, right?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 19, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I draw up short for a moment, giving Flaire a slightly puzzled look that no one can see behind my mask. "...Fanart of you?" I'm not a social idiot, I know what it means, but thinking of someone drawing fanart of a real person is pretty weird to me. "How much of it is porn?" I'm not making any move to head back though, just not moving further away. "That's what you wanted me to see?" Okay, I am curious to see what it is, but still...

"She apologized huh? And actually wants to work as a team, not just criticize other people?" I slowly extend my grappling hook so I move smoothly back down until my head is at window height. "Well, lets hear it then."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Sure. I'll apologize, Barracuda. I'm sorry I offended you with a joke and a critique that wasn't directed at you. Sorry." I reply with an eye roll.

"Well, it seems you got another guest. I'll... I'll be around for the thing later..."

Getting up and leaving the room, I head for Silver Bolt's room.

Oh, apparently he's busy with a phone call. Waiting until after he's done, I knock, and then as soon as he opens the door I give him a playful kiss on the cheeks.

"You were right, Matthew! It worked! I... I feel so much better about all this already. Well, with Flaire, anyway. Buttcuda is still a dick."

Should I tell him about the lipstick? ... nah.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Yeah, I didn't think so." Amazing, how no matter how low I set my expectations, Bunny Bat somehow manages to fail to meet them anyway. I would have left then and there, but she's leaving, so I'll stick around a bit. "Are you really going to stick around with a worthless garbage pile like that Flaire?" If her hand is still out, I take it to enter the room through her window, and then head over to her door to make sure its locked. I don't plan on talking to Bunny again if I can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"She's not ALL bad," I report to Barracuda as I help her into my bedroom. Guess I'm mentoring her now instead of Bunny Bat, not that I mind too much of course. I mean, I definitely appreciate the two of them finally realizing they can come to me with their problems like they clearly are - it's just that I've got so much else on my plate! Like, for example, that Silver Bolt and I were supposed to watch a movie together tonight and I guess he decided against it?

Handing her my laptop after I've opened it to the folder with the art that pertains to us (Flairacuda), I'll let her peruse it for a moment while I explain what I meant. "I mean she's definitely being horrible to you, but I bet she'll apologize if it's not public - she's really shy." Poor dear, being shy is an incredible curse, and either she's shy or mean and I'm hoping it's the first option. "Plus her dad's Dracula and he's paying my hospital bills." That can just skate by without any explanation, right?

"Anyways..." While she's looking at the laptop I'm switching the film I've got in my projector - so long Eternal Sunshine, hello Life Aquatic - and then plopping down on the bed next to her, drawing the blankets up over the both of us and offering her a pillow if she'd like one. "Movie and slumber party? I've got snacks and stuff to drink if you want any, it'll be a lot of fun!" I had her back earlier, I'm sure she'll repay me now - I mean why wouldn't she, I'm ME, and my teammates especially know how amazing I am! This must be like a dream come true for her!

<Rauri> Provoke Barracuda to watch a movie with Flaire
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+4=7
<Rauri> awww
Take a condition if you refuse.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 20, 2016

• Locked thread