Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Is there any reason to wait any longer? I mean merk had all weekend to check in and he also had the entire work day today.

I'll be around for the rest of the night, but I don't know what merk could say to save himself at this point.

There really isn't, at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Unless someone has something they'd like to say now, I can hammer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

There really isn't, at this point.

Yeah, I agree. I was going to wait until 6pm CST, but I don't think anything's going to happen in the next 15 minutes.

Meinberg posted:

Unless someone has something they'd like to say now, I can hammer.

I'll just take care of it now.

##vote merk

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Day 2 Votecount :c:
:psylon: Robot Edition! :psylon:

:redhammer: merk (10): dongsbot 9000, Pinterest Mom, SirSamVimes, Podima, JimsonTheBetrayer, BottleKnight, The Ninth Layer, Propaganda Machine, Max, TMMadman
SirSamVimes (1): CCKeane
Podima (0): BottleKnight, SirSamVimes, Propaganda Machine, -SirSamVimes, -BottleKnight, -Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (7): Atomic Soda, Gamerofthegame, Mayor Glowku, Meinberg, merk, Moatillata, Tremendous Taste

:h: With 18 players alive, it took 10 votes to be executed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The second day was much quieter than the first; probably because it was over a holy day, and most of the servants, either by force of habit or by genuine piety, were attending services to the Gods and practicing quiet mindfulness. They still needed to find a traitor though, and merknus gallant seemed like a good choice.

Alas they were wrong.

:s: merk, Vilmo, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 2. :s:

It is now Night 2! Submit your actions ASAP.

======

Standard prods are going out to the following players:

- SSV, for having fewer posts than the mod.
- Prop Machine, ibid.
- Ninth, ibid.
- Meinberg, ibid.
- Atomic Soda, ibid.
- Tremendous Taste, for not posting once all game day :|

In my mind though every player but TremTa actually played the game today, so don't worry, this prod is mostly pro forma. I'm 100% confident the night will be quick and the game's pace will pick up tomorrow! :)

spontaneous edit: yeah I'm going to not prod everyone privately, just TremTa. I'm satisfied with SSV through Soda's posting today. You're all doing fine enough imo. This public pseudo-prod is enough.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"the night will be quick" ha

4 hours left, I have a lot of outstanding actions, send them in or they will be forfeit. I know SA was down for an hour last night but who cares.

future nights will be shorter.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The servants awoke to the breakfast chime on the third day of their revolution. Some of the other servants had gotten up early, like in the old days, and prepared a Master's Breakfast for everyone at Lacenda. Fried eggs, roasted potatoes with spicy Najaquay sauce, and sliced onions sauteed in olive oil. Unfortunately, someone wasn't present at such a sumptuous breakfast. Mayor Glowku was in his room, his face red and purple, his mouth foamed over, his own fingers clutching at his throat. Checking around, it was clear, despite being a lowly servant, that he was in league with the masters. Good riddance.

:s: Mayor Glowku, Jon, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), was poisoned night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!

:h: With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Thursday, August 11th, ~11PM EDT.

Hooray.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mayor Glowku posted:

The podad votes make sense sorta, but the argument on meek seems off.

I don't know how to take this post anymore.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, good job poisoner.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Merk was my friend. :-(

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
rip

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mayor Glowku posted:

This guy fucks.

While I read, what's the case on podima?

Mayor Glowku posted:

Hi pig. You are known poster a lot

The only people Glowku meaningfully interacted with.

Looking at Inf:

So I'm unhappy about things right now because I defended his lovely play and it turns out, oh, he was actually scum (sorry Kash!)

Infinitum posted:

You said we shouldn't waste a cop on AR tonight.
If AR stops a lynch he becomes a miller.
Tonight is a fantastic night to investigate him.

Why wouldn't you want to check him out before he uses his ability and verify his claim?

This is interesting to me. He wanted to move a cop action on to AR. I'm not sure if they had a watcher or redirector, or they knew AR wasn't on their team so fine, investigate them, but something to keep in mind.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongs, I have never seen you put so much effort into a case on someone and be that wrong.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ive never been right in a case

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

"Please don't investigate my scumbud who claimed miller. He's totes mcgoats town"

I'd like to go back and look at people that were strongly advocating for AR's lunch after he claimed lynchproof, because this was clearly the narrative they wanted to push.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

like ive never said vote for someone in capital letters and with quotes and have it be right

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

literally ever

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Current suspicions would be falling onto Podima, for flavour hunting.
That's about it on a catch-up review. :shrug:

Mmm, now I really don't want to vote Podima. I doubt Inf would bring up another team mate as an alternative. This looks more like him seeing things move over to Podima, and shifting accordingly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I don't know how to take this post anymore.

Yeah, but what's really interesting is that Inf said something about Pod too here:

Infinitum posted:

Not liking the casing and justification going on for AR as the lynch candidate.
I agree it's suss as gently caress to announce something like governor D1 with 0 pressure on him, but we need to also look at it from another angle in that we can potentially test his claim.

I disagree that he should be the current lynch candidate for announcing it.

:siren: AR 2 questions :siren:
1.) Can you self pardon?
2.) Does you ability specify lynches or executions that you can pardon?

We might be looking at a situation where we have a scum ability that can execute a player when they reach a certain number of votes, which is why I feel we should hold off voting AR for the moment (As there is still plenty of time left in the day)

Current suspicions would be falling onto Podima, for flavour hunting.
That's about it on a catch-up review. :shrug:

So I don't know if both of those comments are distancing from a scum buddy or if they are trying to push suspicion onto an innocent townie.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

I called out Kash a bit earlier for his over the top butthurt reaction to me jokeposting by 'moving' my vote while it still remained on him.

You seem genuinely pissed off with him? Is it the way Kash is playing this game, or due to previous play?

Just trying to get a feel of where this massive reaction is coming from.

I've felt good about TMM so far. I'm not . . . entirely certain how to take this interaction because TMM is like, the only person that Inf actually talks to like a human being. I want to lean town though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, but what's really interesting is that Inf said something about Pod too here:

So I don't know if both of those comments are distancing from a scum buddy or if they are trying to push suspicion onto an innocent townie.

Haha, we posted the same post right after each other.

I'm leaning innocent townie, based on what was going on at the time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

I can't make any promises that I'll be more active, but I'll try my darnedest. In my experience, Ecco is fairly good about providing fake claims, but usually only on demand.

While 2-shot governor is something that I could see Ecco giving out, the description of the role as AR describes it sounds very much like a 3p role.

So either Ecco handicapped the town by giving us a bad role, AR is 3p, or AR is lying. Given the circumstances, the third possibility would suggest that AR is indeed scum.

Since it's likely that AR is anti-town

##unvote
##vote AR

I'm still incredibly suspicious as to why Meinberg, and others, immediately said "this must be 3P!" and not "this must be scum!"

Like, why make that jump?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Haha, we posted the same post right after each other.

I'm leaning innocent townie, based on what was going on at the time.

Yeah, I'm kind of leaning that way myself, but I doubt I'll shake the nagging suspicion that Pod could be scum. However, I probably wouldn't vote there today, barring some other kind of information.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of leaning that way myself, but I doubt I'll shake the nagging suspicion that Pod could be scum. However, I probably wouldn't vote there today, barring some other kind of information.

Kinda same. Pods doing the wishy washy thing with AR still bugs me, but I want to let it slide at the moment and look at some other cases, because we can't just focus on the same people over and over again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

Eccogame's follow their own rules.

So, Meinberg makes this post, justifying the existence of AR's role. Clearly they are aware of how wonky Ecco games can be. I was too, which is why I was giving AR the benefit of the doubt.

Then Meinberg flips on that in their next post by saying AR is probably 3P and votes them. I really don't like that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, since I was looking over Inf, I just wanted to consolidate his joke votes during D1 when he wasn't unvoting:

First up is Kash with the 'Rolling Start' video removed:

Infinitum posted:

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

Next is Taste:

Infinitum posted:

OK I am going to bed.

I am going to do you a solid Kash and move my vote onto TT.

For you.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Did you see my vote move?

Followed by Gamer:

Infinitum posted:

Gotta live by tradition

##vote Gamerofthegame

Then there is BK:

Infinitum posted:

No no, I have an ability called Moving Vote

Watch it move

##vote BottleKnight

Finally back to Kash:

Infinitum posted:

You said that already.

Scum found

##vote Kashuno

Finally, he unvotes and then moves on to 'serious' play which involves mostly casing AR/AA.

Now, we know Kash was town, but I'm thinking that one of the other three might be a scum buddy. Since I'm already suspicious of him, I'm thinking it's BK.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

So, Meinberg makes this post, justifying the existence of AR's role. Clearly they are aware of how wonky Ecco games can be. I was too, which is why I was giving AR the benefit of the doubt.

Then Meinberg flips on that in their next post by saying AR is probably 3P and votes them. I really don't like that.

Yeah, I could see Meinberg being scum because he did seem all over the place about AR and then he basically disappeared for pretty much all of D2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I've felt good about TMM so far. I'm not . . . entirely certain how to take this interaction because TMM is like, the only person that Inf actually talks to like a human being. I want to lean town though.

And for the record, I think Inf may have just been trying to buddy up to me and egging me on towards Kash because he knew I was wrong about him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Meinberg posted:

Depression post

I don't want to be a jerk and trash this post, but if you go back and read it, it, like a few other meinberg posts, sound really . . . fake, or self-conscious.

I'm kinda feeling Meinberg today.

TMMadman posted:

Now, we know Kash was town, but I'm thinking that one of the other three might be a scum buddy. Since I'm already suspicious of him, I'm thinking it's BK.

I agree with this as well, I haven't been feeling hot on BK this game.

As for Gamer, well, I am surprised no one is making a case for him. Usually Gamer is a lightning rod for scum to pick apart. The fact that no one is doing that makes me suspicious. But also Gamer hasn't posted much, so there's that.

Basically Gamer is a giant blind spot for me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Putting my money where my mouth is:

##vote Meinberg

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, I guess no scum NK. So good job doc or whatever prevented that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm jumping on SSV again.

He was the third vote on merk and his reasoning was bad at best.

##vote SSV

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Also, I guess no scum NK. So good job doc or whatever prevented that.

?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

like, do you think the poisoner is town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMom are you scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max posted:

I don't want to be a jerk and trash this post, but if you go back and read it, it, like a few other meinberg posts, sound really . . . fake, or self-conscious.

I'm kinda feeling Meinberg today

I don't have the best feeling about him. Like I said, his reasoning feels reasonable, but very boilerplate and superficial. I don't know his mafia meta too well so I can see that either as scummy deflection or Meinberg Meinberging it up (in which case who the hell knows).

Either way, his posts have essentially been white noise.

Need to go back and read SSV and BK. It's annoying that D2 was so weird and quiet.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

I had the same question. Also I want people to go back and look at Moatillata's post history, and observe the complete and utter lack of interaction with the game or serious votes. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784846&userid=107055

##vote Moatillata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you think the poisoner poisoned their own person? Why assume the regular mafia-aligned group doesn't have a kill?

• Locked thread