Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah it's been completely mundane, even during Impact. The main moderator, Chris Regal, has been at the Democratic Convention and hasn't been around much.

e: these MENSA candidates still think TNA is ever going to India. The India tour that was supposed to happen this summer.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I take it Vince Russo's rant that "Sasha Banks and Finn Balor going over on RAW mean that wrestling isn't fun any more" counts for this topic?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah it's been completely mundane, even during Impact. The main moderator, Chris Regal, has been at the Democratic Convention and hasn't been around much.

e: these MENSA candidates still think TNA is ever going to India. The India tour that was supposed to happen this summer.

Most surprising thing here is Chris going to the DNC

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

What must it feel like to always expect something far better than realistically possible and then constantly move goalposts and dig your heels in when your dreams are consistently crushed?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

sticklefifer posted:

What must it feel like to always expect something far better than realistically possible and then constantly move goalposts and dig your heels in when your dreams are consistently crushed?

Ask the wwe universe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Chris Regal did ban some people in the last few days. I think he went after the TNAMemes guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Chris Regal did ban some people in the last few days. I think he went after the TNAMemes guy.

Yup, he got me and I have no idea why.

TNAMemes guy, aka Bruce, started up a splinter site which is just as popular as you're imagining it to be.
http://discusspw.com/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

funny you should ask

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yup, he got me and I have no idea why.

TNAMemes guy, aka Bruce, started up a splinter site which is just as popular as you're imagining it to be.
http://discusspw.com/

TNAMecca split from TNAslyum and now DiscussPW splits from TNAMecca. I loving love TNA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's like the japanese wrestling scene up in here

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So is DiscussPW the TNOAH with Memesuharu Brucawa?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

Ask the wwe universe

Nobody expects better than realistically possible things from WWE. We expect disappointment. That's why we're pleasantly surprised and poo poo ourselves every time there's a good Raw.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

Room of maladjusted adults singing the praises of a shady as poo poo white lady. Sounds about right for a TNA fan.

Maybe if the Harris Brothers took full ownership the Dixie love would have transferred and Chris Regal would have enjoyed the beautiful sites of Cleveland.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Russia please release the hacked emails revealing that Chris Regal is actually Tim Kaine.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Not a stupid fan opinion

That's better.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Give Roman a lollipop is what I'm hearing

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

That and have him job do a guy in a bunny costume.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Not a stupid fan opinion

That's better.

Loving a wifebeater is pretty stupid.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I thought the Rose opinion was dumb 'cause didn't he just (like 2 months ago) get outed as a horrible piece of poo poo?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

I thought the Rose opinion was dumb 'cause didn't he just (like 2 months ago) get outed as a horrible piece of poo poo?

Yes, but the wife he beats also managed to be lovely which is remarkable. No justification, I wass just flabbergasted that it was shittiness all the way around.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh, I took that to just be a physical thing. 'Course hybristophilia exists, so...

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tumblr posted:

Wrestling once a week for 10 years doesn’t count. When wrestling is all you do, when everyone in the world knows who you are and you’ve held titles and main-evented PPVs – that’s when you start to get to the point where you might deserve a little something extra.

-Randy Orton, pretty much saying wrestling in the indies doesn’t entitle you to anything once you’re in WWE.

Tumblr posted:

Before CM Punk, no one really cared if a WWE star wrestled in the indies. Now it’s become a prerequisite for a WWE star to be accepted by the IWC. Did Daniel Bryan’s forced retirement teach them nothing?

I didn't know this weird anti-indie wrestler poo poo was a thing

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I just sorta assume its because indie wrestling nerd fans are finally starting to see their fave indie wrestlers getting shots at the big leagues, so naturally whenever the fringe thing you like and obsess about starts getting a little more mainstream, wrestling fans just can't be happy for them.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

super macho dude posted:

I just sorta assume its because indie wrestling nerd fans are finally starting to see their fave indie wrestlers getting shots at the big leagues, so naturally whenever the fringe thing you like and obsess about starts getting a little more mainstream, wrestling fans just can't be happy for them.

It's just weird because it's pretty much how it's always been. I mean the indies are just a different version of the territories, they just have more exposure these days.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I honestly don't even get the second one, is the implication that indie guys all are going to retire early due to injury?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
First guy has a point, the life of an independent wrestler is pretty easy and rewarding, and really requires no hard work or sacrifice*

*only true if previously a WWE star and capable of picking and choosing dates for big paydays from idiot promoters, especially if the year is 1992

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Besides, plenty of people work for several indies at a time, which would have them on a pretty grueling schedule. The problem is "indie" has become an umbrella term for "not WWE". DG guys work 3-5 times a week, but if Tozawa signs I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the same treatment just because "You've done things but you haven't done them here."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's time for a triple threat!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
There's lots of "internet darling sucks" posts in the latest batch of confessions, while it fits the purpose of the tumblr it could also be someone trolling. Examples:

And as a bonus, here's one guy's thoughts about women's wrestling.

ThePariah fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 10, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hot take: that Young Bucks one is true except for the very first part before the comma.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

ShootaBoy posted:

It's time for a triple threat!

This one is true though?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This one is true though?

Only in UFC.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This one is true though?

CM Punk: noted bland promo cutter

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Give it a few more days and hopefully the official forum position will be CM Punk and the Young Bucks suck but Eva Marie is the greatest heel of our generation

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Give it a few more days and hopefully the official forum position will be CM Punk and the Young Bucks suck but Eva Marie is the greatest heel of our generation

Accurate.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gonna be real loving smug when the PSPinion shifts around to Dolph Ziggler having been Always Good again

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

gonna be real loving smug when the PSPinion shifts around to Dolph Ziggler having been Always Good again

Also accurate.

Raw is War is peace.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
The only way to handle it is just to hate wrestling and all wrestlers, except for Fandango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Can we get a countdown timer for whenever people post a ringside confession about any big name/controversial wrestler, counting the seconds it takes for someone to pop in with a hot-rear end "omg but it tru tho???" take?