Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Flip lights best lights!

Neighbors' brothers 79' F150 351m 4x4 with a d44 front and my bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

BalloonFish posted:

Picked up some 90s Citroen goodness a couple of days ago as my new 'sensible daily' car:

Turbo-diesel, 45+ miles per (British) gallon, estate, climate control and a fully working hydropnuematic suspension/brake/steering system so it goes up and down by itself :krad:

This is fantastic, incredibly jealous! Been looking at getting an XM to daily myself - does yours have one of the cool single-spoke steering wheels?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BalloonFish posted:

Picked up some 90s Citroen goodness a couple of days ago as my new 'sensible daily' car:

Turbo-diesel, 45+ miles per (British) gallon, estate, climate control and a fully working hydropnuematic suspension/brake/steering system so it goes up and down by itself :krad:

Dope car.

Detective Thompson posted:

Just got this 1985 Nissan 200SX Friday. Pretty neat little car. I feel in love with the whole 80s brick and wedge designs while I was hunting for a car these past few months, happy I managed to nab one.

Pretty good overall. Interior is really clean. Electric windows go up and down, the AC is great and it's been fun to drive so far. Some rust in the wheel wells, but all in all the car is solid. Has a few things that need ironing out before inspection, mainly a short piece of exhaust pipe with a split in it right before the muffler.

Super dope car. I do love an S12. :love:

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Grakkus posted:

This is fantastic, incredibly jealous! Been looking at getting an XM to daily myself - does yours have one of the cool single-spoke steering wheels?

I'd love an XM and I kept considering one but three things kept putting me off: The fact that diesel XM wagons are rarer and relatively pricey, the fact that an XM wagon would be virtually impossible to find a parking space for around where I live and the constant worry of catastrophic electronic death. If I was after another hobby car I'd probably have taken the plunge but I needed this one to be a no-fuss mile-muncher so I went for a Xantia.

No crazy interior, I'm afraid. After the failure of the XM Citroen realised they had to tone down all the weirdness if they were going to sell cars in markets dominated by boring German exec saloons so the Xantia has a normal wheel, normal dials, a normal fascia and it's all made of very sensible black plastic.

88h88 posted:

Dope car.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
I went from this:

to this:

Ignore the oil on the floor, it's from the Supra.

I went from a 3600lb 230hp car to a 2300lb 155hp car and it is amazing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

blk posted:

I really hate my house's design - mid 70s transitional ranch when my style is hard modern. Unfortunately all THE CALIFORNIANS moving to Oregon have doubled housing prices here in a very short amount of time while wages have stayed the pitiful same, so there are no lots left for me to build on and nothing cheap enough to scrape. I also don't like my location. Why did I buy this place again?

Here's a house that is not the one I live in but one I contributed to. The suggested volume was not my idea and I think it's a bit daft, but it helps define the space for five seconds before you hate it.

Quoting form when this was the Post your own crib thread - this house is rad as gently caress. 11/10 would live in.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
5 years ago I sold a thing. The owner I sold the thing to had his first child at the end of July and asked if I wanted the thing back. Yes. Thing arrived last night from CA. Photo of said thing:

AoA confirms this car is 1 of 6 in the US.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Thats very nice looking.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Jealous. Was it not big enough for his kiddo?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

GramCracker posted:

Ok.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

So this weekend I drank too much, blacked out, and woke up to this in my driveway:

I didn't have the heart to go back to the dealership so it now has a permanent place to stay in my garage. Coincidentally I got tired of fixing lovely little plastic pieces on the Mini this weekend that should only cost $10, but you have to buy a whole goddamn $400 assembly for and takes 2 weeks to get delivered. I'm looking at you lovely little plastic plunger with 2 springs in the oil filter housing that likes to break after 6 digits on the odo. But, I digress..

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

willroc7 posted:

Jealous. Was it not big enough for his kiddo?

I believe that was the case, so they had purchased a new Allroad to be more "roomy" and with that they just didn't have room for the B5 anymore.

I had a hunch it was pretty unique but not that unique.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

GramCracker posted:

5 years ago I sold a thing. The owner I sold the thing to had his first child at the end of July and asked if I wanted the thing back. Yes. Thing arrived last night from CA. Photo of said thing:

Such a sweet car. My favourite part is the registration plate though. :v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that a "pricks on the outside" joke? :thejoke:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

About to say goodbye to the X5M. We haven't had any problems with it - yet - but I'm frankly terrified what the future holds, and the entire reason to get it which consisted of the wife drag racing it, has failed to materialize.

Therefore, next week I'll post pics of the replacement, which I'm sure should be cheered by some and reviled by others.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
GLE63S?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tremek posted:

About to say goodbye to the X5M. We haven't had any problems with it - yet - but I'm frankly terrified what the future holds, and the entire reason to get it which consisted of the wife drag racing it, has failed to materialize.

Therefore, next week I'll post pics of the replacement, which I'm sure should be cheered by some and reviled by others.

Congrats on your forthcoming Miata.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I couldn't live with myself were that the case. Plus, why spend more to go slower? :wink:

Rhyno posted:

Congrats on your forthcoming Miata.

How dare you. Although the idea of 3 kids seats on the trunk of the Miata is amusing.

No, I no longer want to live in constant terror of a German-American mechanical overlord eating its timing chain or something equally horrific, plus we want to start going all the hell all over with the kids - so we're replacing the X5M with a '13 Land Cruiser. Pics next week.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 11, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's a new Pacifica, isn't it?

I should learn to read :v:

Land cruisers are cool and good. You'll be able to give that LC to your grand kids one day.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Land Cruisers are cool, I shopped those and the Lexus variant when I was trading in my E55. Ended up going with a new Silverado since the residuals on the toyotas are so insane I would have spent much more just to get one 5 years old with 70,000 miles

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

After fighting the urge every three months or so for years, I finally figured 'to hell with it' and took the plunge:

2005 Exige, RHD, some 57K miles on her. Spent most of yesterday cleaning the interior in order to remove all traces of the PO. Spent most of today driving it, including on an old airfield and an outdoor go-cart track.

It's such a dumb car. It feels great and sounds like a crazed banshee. At the same time, what little panels there are creak and rattle, and visibility is comparable to an armored recon vehicle. Every moment you get the impression that the lads designing and building it were only interested in making an aluminium tub go fast and look great while at it, everything else falls squarely into the category: "eh, good enough - let's go to the pub"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yes very good! Enjoy.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

D C fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 15, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Tremek posted:

so we're replacing the X5M with a '13 Land Cruiser. Pics next week.

:neckbeard:

Welcome to the club! The 200 series is so insanely plush for an offroad truck that can keep up with pretty much anything and since theres SFA difference between the 200 series we get in Australia and the 200 series you get in the US apart from the side the steering wheel is on, you dont get the twin turbo V8 diesel we get and you only get the sahara trim, it means that the aftermarket is HUGE for them too.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Crosspost from the Subaru thread:

Bought this Saturday - 2014 Limited; it's 100% stock and flawless.

Quite an upgrade from our 2004 WRX hatch...

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
One of my close friends just picked one of those up, fantastic little cars those things are; although the factory tuning/power-band is super odd and you can feel power delivery fluctuate throughout the RPM range.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Truth.

Nothing nothing nothing 4k HOLY SHIIIIIII

The 04 had boost at 3500 or so, then a little dip, then pull pull PULL.

Suppose an AccessPort is the solution?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

GramCracker posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got the car totally cleaned and detailed. Been feeling like poo poo recently thanks to the way my dad's aged care is being handled, and the way my current holiday is being shat on from a great height, so I got the car a really big clean, as it was getting covered in dead bugs from all the driving I have done the past week and a half.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Ferremit posted:

:neckbeard:

Welcome to the club! The 200 series is so insanely plush for an offroad truck that can keep up with pretty much anything and since theres SFA difference between the 200 series we get in Australia and the 200 series you get in the US apart from the side the steering wheel is on, you dont get the twin turbo V8 diesel we get and you only get the sahara trim, it means that the aftermarket is HUGE for them too.

Thanks. It's a done deal now!

Kid tested, mother approved.

Verified, 6 pack fits in the cooled center console.

It's pretty sweet. Looking forward to many hundreds of thousands of miles of going places and seeing & doing things in the Cruiser.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Man, now I want one.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

El Scotch posted:

Man, now I want one.

Ugh me too, Graham Cracker Porter is the best.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

StormDrain posted:

Ugh me too, Graham Cracker Porter is the best.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
That is a sexy truck

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Thanks dudes. Every time I drive this thing I'm learning just how solid and well-built it feels. A highly refined driving experience, especially for a body on frame truck.

Picked up some 17" TRD forged wheels for it today, and bigger BFG KO2s will be going on it after I use it to tow the V out to the Virginia City Hill Climb. Then we'll figure out sliders and armor.

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu
So it's been a fun summer with the new engine!

Got 246whp and 247 wnm @ 7600 rpm, it weighs in at 1050kg so it's fuuuun on the track :D

Excuse the horrible phonephoto!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
pissssssssss

aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiids 😟😟😟😟😟😟😟😟😟😌😌😌😌😌😌😌😌😌😌😌😌🤔

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lol at using your car to advertise any lifestyle forums other than glorious somethingisawful dot com

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

In a move sure to piss off purists of at least two brands:

These are BMW M4 18x10 wheels mounted (square) on my V, with Toyo Proxes RRs, in preparation for the Virginia City Hill Climb next week. Will be trailering the V out behind the Land Cruiser - all is right in the world.

The cool thing is in spite of tight clearances, these BMW wheels fit the V with only hub-centric centering rings, no spacers.

Also, if BMW forums are to be believed, these are forged, and weigh just a hair under 21 pounds a wheel.

Didn't get a chance to do sway bars or springs this year, but we'll see how she does and then I'll decide if I should do either or both before 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

God I wish I had been in the financial position I am now when the CTS-V wagon was a thing... Such a badass car.