Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
and take the sticker off thats weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what are those screenshots of those Q&A's from? match.com or something?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Men are just way, way obsessed with their willies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

what are those screenshots of those Q&A's from? match.com or something?

OKCupid for the most part

SneakyFrog posted:

and take the sticker off thats weird.

nah dude that's how you know the hat is new

my gf took a sticker off my hat once and I was like giiiirl don't do that. she goes 'but it's the sticker' and i'm just like smdh 'but my steez girl my steez'

don't worry I don't really wear hats anyway

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Several centuries of patriarchy would like to have a word with you.

If this is the argument then you are just saying "literally everything in the modern world runs on men's rules because patriarchy" because modern customs (in the West) regarding almost everything originated from our patriarchal past. At that point there is no distinction between "rules" and "men's rules" in just about anything. The auto mechanic is applying MEN'S DIAGNOSTICS when he checks your car. The cable company is using MEN'S INVOICES when it sends you a bill. It's a silly argument over semantics and little else and that's besides the point that men and women today have little connection to whoever "made the rules" hundreds of years ago.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

If this is the argument then you are just saying "literally everything in the modern world runs on men's rules because patriarchy" because modern customs (in the West) regarding almost everything originated from our patriarchal past. At that point there is no distinction between "rules" and "men's rules" in just about anything. The auto mechanic is applying MEN'S DIAGNOSTICS when he checks your car. The cable company is using MEN'S INVOICES when it sends you a bill. It's a silly argument over semantics and little else and that's besides the point that men and women today have little connection to whoever "made the rules" hundreds of years ago.

I'm sure you thought this made something resembling sense when you wrote it, but I regret to inform you that you were mistaken.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Well shucks.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

it's patriarchy bc when women shame other women for being sluts and whores it's just internalized oppression dog (like uncle tom)

men have absolutely defined the roles that women have filled for the last few thousand years and that's evident even today when people in positions of power are usually men and the attitude of 'women should shut up stay at home and have no opinion other than what she's making for dinner' is still fairly prevalent (esp outside the US and Europe). Women are just there for men to look at and whatever so let me tell you how you should do your make up.

you can't claim it's just like saying men's mechanics or whatever because when you're fixing a car you're not systematically disadvantaging an entire gender

Now is it fair to just hate all men and say men are evil? Nah dude that's too far the other way now. But yeah absolutely men have shaped the world and the way things are, it's no coincidence that women get shat on nonstop.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 10, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think I'm being understood or even talking about the original point anymore so I'm just gonna stop.

lol though shocking news the Tea Party isn't gender egalitarian.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

^ lolno. If it targeted the nads, then maybe. But it just pisses you off more if it's the shaft. It was very much so designed, IMO, by someone who doesn't get how male anatomy works.

I'm curious if anyone did any statistics, as to if there was any kind of change at all with that thing during South African World Cup, or if it was just, sadly, business as usual. I assume the latter.

I recall reading that would-be rapists would shove a stick up there first to check for penis traps, then it was business as usual.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

I don't think I'm being understood or even talking about the original point anymore so I'm just gonna stop.

lol though shocking news the Tea Party isn't gender egalitarian.

I think I see what you were saying but all I'ma say is I think you misinterpreted what she was saying.

Dienes posted:

I recall reading that would-be rapists would shove a stick up there first to check for penis traps, then it was business as usual.

well that's horrifying

none of us even thought of that poo poo jesus it's amazing how awry good intentioned things can go

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

I think I see what you were saying but all I'ma say is I think you misinterpreted what she was saying.

Could be. As it turns out people misinterpret each other on internet forums all time!

Who knew?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
it just seems like this loving hypersensitive dude movement is a lame rear end passive aggressive response to being threatened by the idea of *gasp* gender equality

they aint taking your fake anime titties away loving calm the gently caress down.

e: and nobody owes you sex. unless its a valid business transaction if you absolutely have to.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dienes posted:

If Baldur's Gate taught me anything it's always cast Detect Traps when dungeon delving!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
presented without comment

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
too young and stupid to be wifeing and life committing at that age. but why is the forums on the side of facebook?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SneakyFrog posted:

it just seems like this loving hypersensitive dude movement is a lame rear end passive aggressive response to being threatened by the idea of *gasp* gender equality

Well, just the need to be viewed as a person generally. I've broken off friendships based on the belief that the other person didn't regard me as a human being with, you know, feelings. People get salty when they feel their personhood is being disregarded or attacked, and there are definitely men who depersonalize women in a weird sexualized context, enough that a lot of women are sensitive to it as a pattern.

I mean, it's one of the reasons the whole "oh women just want a guy for his money" jokes are so annoying. Women are people and care about things other than shopping. i don't even loving like shopping. i like reading and lighting fires

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

they aint taking your fake anime titties away loving calm the gently caress down.

e: and nobody owes you sex. unless its a valid business transaction if you absolutely have to.

it's funny bc the only time they start making valid points (macho culture, 'nut up stop being a pussy' etc.) well hey feminists actually said all that poo poo first because surprise feminism isn't just about women it's about gender in general but ofc none of them have really read any feminist works they just see nutty Tumblr people and go 'feminists are stupid!'

they're so up their own butt that I'm sure if one saw this he'd go 'of course a SJW is saying FEMINISM isn't all about WOMEN what a loving moron'

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

people shouldn't be living their lives on the internet, a place where every opinion is inflated and brought to the extreme because that's the only way to get attention in the gigantic dumpster fire that is social media

hideo kojima was right, we need to burn it down. burn it all down

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk what this is from or who this is or what the context is but I lol'd at this

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eh. macho culture is all well and good for developing MANLITUDE i guess, but eh fuckin bitches and bragging about it is rather lacking in emotional depth after a while i suppose. I mean i guess it was just a young military thing or whatever but eh i was young and you just gotta get that dumb poo poo out of your system. on the other hand i suppose one could reason in this internet age of loving bronies dudes with sad rear end if any male role models get into little clusterfuck self validation groups.. yeah i suppose they are just hosed.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SciFiDownBeat posted:

people shouldn't be living their lives on the internet, a place where every opinion is inflated and brought to the extreme because that's the only way to get attention in the gigantic dumpster fire that is social media

hideo kojima was right, we need to burn it down. burn it all down

How dare you! I am going to destroy you! You are so wrong and bad and I am so ANGRY!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's like one of my least favorite things, and a date-killer, is the man who always nods his head and agrees with me no matter how stupid the thing was I just said. Because you can even push that, see if he'll agree with eeeeverything you say. And if he does, regardless of all context, and adds nothing of his own (and takes no risks in the conversation whatsoever that might prove real compatibility or interest), it's clear he's not listening or doesn't care. He's just waiting for you to stop nattering and let you put his wing wang in one of your various sexable holes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

idk what this is from or who this is or what the context is but I lol'd at this

She will destroy ISIS.

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

presented without comment

Does this mean that the standard girl-girl-guy threesome is no longer Sexual Fantasy Numero Uno? What has it moved onto? Robot sex? My Little Pony?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

It's like one of my least favorite things, and a date-killer, is the man who always nods his head and agrees with me no matter how stupid the thing was I just said. Because you can even push that, see if he'll agree with eeeeverything you say. And if he does, regardless of all context, and adds nothing of his own (and takes no risks in the conversation whatsoever that might prove real compatibility or interest), it's clear he's not listening or doesn't care. He's just waiting for you to stop nattering and let you put his wing wang in one of your various sexable holes.

i had a date like that once.. i got utterly hammered and called a friend to join us and left.. they hit it off well though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When I talk to women on dates I simply pretend that they're people in order to strike up some sort of conversation. It usually works pretty well

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

from an evolutionary standpoint, why is it necessary for use to reproduce sexually rather than asexually? was it so hard for nature to have sapient organisms that also reproduce via budding?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SciFiDownBeat posted:

from an evolutionary standpoint, why is it necessary for use to reproduce sexually rather than asexually? was it so hard for nature to have sapient organisms that also reproduce via budding?

It's actually super helpful for quickly fostering beneficial gene frequency changes within populations

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I like to make really bad puns and one liners till she's tired of pity laughing then bolt on the check. It guarantees she'll contact you back to call you an rear end in a top hat which leaves you one last opportunity to lay waste with this badass oneliner "yeah but atleast I'm not a nice guy"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I feel like I have the exact opposite problem lol...

idk if you can tell (:downs:) but I can't resist arguing with people over poo poo I think they're wrong about. I tone it down a lot irl but there's no way I'd be able to just bite my tongue and smile at you if you said some obviously stupid poo poo. I'd be very diplomatic about it though.

SneakyFrog posted:

i had a date like that once.. i got utterly hammered and called a friend to join us and left.. they hit it off well though.

lol pro move

anyway, here's another candidate for that tv show imo

ditch whatever the gently caress that is on your head, haircut, wash your face, some flattering frames, and not a t-shirt

mencia yourself into asking that other dude in the background about how to not look like a total nerdlinger

e: oh it's a hardhat he's wearing a hard hat over his fedora jfc

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 10, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Sexual reproduction is beneficial because it introduces variation to the genepool so if you happen to have a genome that makes you vulnerable to a certain disease/chemical/whatever it won't make your pathetic species extinct.

e: gently caress pick there should only be one biologist posting in gbs at a time :mad:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
expanding microorganisms and viruses and poo poo via sex is kinda important too and like frenching and butt stuff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sex is all about viruses

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Produces the greatest genetic diversity.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hey baby wanna diversify our genetic pools

:D

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Wouldn't it be pretty hard to reproductively outpace a species that actively enjoys the pleasure of sex

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

SneakyFrog posted:

too young and stupid to be wifeing and life committing at that age. but why is the forums on the side of facebook?

Isn't that onision dude in his 30's?

I only remember because he's the guy from that "10 things I hate about Asians" video and he was involved in some youtube drama where he was one of those "nice guys" who talked about hating girls who weren't feminists and beating up on dudes who didn't share his views of women, but then it came out that his first wife accused him of abuse before the divorce and some girls who had met him through his youtube channel coming forward saying he'd hooked up with them when they were underage or some bs like that.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pick posted:

It's actually super helpful for quickly fostering beneficial gene frequency changes within populations

Mak0rz posted:

Sexual reproduction is beneficial because it introduces variation to the genepool so if you happen to have a genome that makes you vulnerable to a certain disease/chemical/whatever it won't make your pathetic species extinct.

e: gently caress pick there should only be one biologist posting in gbs at a time :mad:

counterpoint: we deserve to go extinct

gently caress all our lovely rear end ancestors--yes, even you, Homo habilis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I like to hunmp laidies, with my sex penis

• Locked thread