Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

SaffronKit posted:

but he's talking about nami? I mean I think that dcap is excessive and not as good for either character but is still a fun choice if you're curb stomping the other team.

I meant nami and those numbers are right for nami, I don't know why I mix those two champions up all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i play full ap miss fortune as support and i am going to tell you that death cap is much better than sight stone because you have a trinket, but you dont have a trinket for bonus ap

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i play full ap miss fortune as support and i am going to tell you that death cap is much better than sight stone because you have a trinket, but you dont have a trinket for bonus ap

look at this noobtard who doesn't build deathcap and zekes harbinger. movespeed passive? hello??

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you take smite for runic echoes move speed

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
my thoughts on deathcap on nami are as follows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tbh as an adc main thats the only thing thats ever going on in my head while i play this game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

tbh as an adc main thats the only thing thats ever going on in my head while i play this game

pretty much the same, yes.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

my thoughts on deathcap on nami are as follows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI

my thoughts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH5yKr_c62A

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

More Ap Ratios is the best build and my kokoro wish is that riot makes it so every item slot can be occupied by a new and exciting damage ap ratio

i will be the infinity veigar

Luden's Echo
Lich Bane
Hextech Protobelt
Nashor's Tooth
Rabadan's Deathcap
Runaan's Hurricane

If you don't count Runaan's as an extra ratio item with Nashor's, replace it with Zeke's (and replace protobelt with gunblade to avoid going over 40% CDR).

If you also don't count Deathcap as an extra ratio item then build all three hextech items, you'll still have six damage AP ratios you just will only be able to use four of them per fight.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
Libertine is right about the item buys. even the bloody cup is too much cdr on a single item. i even feel bad having to buy cdr boots and only buy them if i've fallen behind. if you want to buy carry items there are supports that actually have a kit to make use of them. buying lichbane is fun but if you want to win more you shouldn't.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

trip report on kled:

he's fun, his recommended items are terrible (unless titanic hydra always goes off combined skaarl/kled hp and never on his pitiful base)

been having fun with deaths dance + phantom dancer + infinity edge, probably need to be way tankier on 5v5 though

lategame he deals obscene damage, the AD ratio on his steroid is actually pretty solid (bonus 5% max HP damage with 170 AD) but the rest might as well not have ratios at all. His ult is pretty incredible and has a shitload of uses (catching chasers, initiating fights, shutting down split pushes, getting out of disables to save a carry, quick knockback disable, flash escape, team escape)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

For reals though: support items are fun and people should buy them more often. One of my most incredible TT games involved playing Sion and singlehandedly protecting two ADC's against a Lee Sin/Khazix kill duo with Face of the Mountain, Locket of Iron Solari, Randuins, and Sion's crazy amount of built-in CC (also Frozen Mallet and Titanic Hydra, because why not), after they had both died like 9 times each.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Can I jungle kled

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
teemo is stronger in jungle

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
With the changes to Lulu this patch I think E>W>Q support Lulu might be good again but figure she will probably still post subpar solo queue stats.

At the very least I think I'm going to bring that pick/build back to my stable for assassin heavy games (on either side).

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Palladion was right

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

For reals though: support items are fun and people should buy them more often. One of my most incredible TT games involved playing Sion and singlehandedly protecting two ADC's against a Lee Sin/Khazix kill duo with Face of the Mountain, Locket of Iron Solari, Randuins, and Sion's crazy amount of built-in CC (also Frozen Mallet and Titanic Hydra, because why not), after they had both died like 9 times each.

sion is obscenely strong as a support and has been for at least two or three months, perhaps more. it's better he doesn't catch on because it's horrifying to deal with

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think sion might be "secret op" in general right now but nobody wants to listen to someone insult what they call war all drat day.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
How does support sion work?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

busb posted:

you hit e

sometimes you hit q

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That sounds p hard I'll stick with brand

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

busb posted:

if opponent doesn't have dash, throw creep through them
land fully charged Q, running AD reds/quints
ignite
basically laugh rear end off because CC and damage vastly outdoes Blitzcrank/Alistar

buy lots of HP because it will be very hard for an early game adc to hurt you, get kills when you die attacking no dashy guy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Press R, run lane opponents over, win game. All aboard.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sion support tip: try standing next to the Ashe or Jihn or whatever bull crap the kids are playing these days and press Q in order to charge up a devistating and impossible to dodge skill shot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

full AD sion is also funny bc his Q has a really dumb ad ratio on it fully charged.

the secret OP support is full cdr tank twisted fate tho. also maybe elise.

edit: i think watching too much lpl has irrevocably broken my brain

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah it's been a thing pro players have done but it thankfully hasn't translated to much play botlane but it's genuinely scary if you're not playing a dash champion or someone that can poke the merciless poo poo out of him. Even still, super dangerous support if played remotely confident

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People have been running support Sion since his rework; and he's always been strong. It became less popular after the E was nerfed, but it actually didn't become that much weaker. Sion has always been strong top, but not that popular. I think part of the reason is because you don't see him in pro play. I think the reason for that is that his ult is like Nami ult in that it's not a great engage but good for keeping fights going or disengage. He can actually peel insanely well for squishies.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

R also used to be based off his target's AD, meaning he'd loving thrash ADCs that he slammed into but I think it was a bug

from my cursory bot game Kled loving sucks without his mount and early on it's gonna be very easy to dismount and kill him but lifesteal applies to the mount so he's gonna probably be pretty good with a Fiora kinda build.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

idk if this has been talked about in a while, but Riven's neck is either broke as gently caress or growing out of her rack and it bothers me

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ignore the ridiculous neck brace bra

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

I'm playing again, so if people want to see my amazing genius, come and queue up with me!!!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

NTT posted:

playing normals feels like cheating

Brings back memories

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Smite/Fervor Zilean owns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey how long do i have to buy the project poo poo in the store does anyone know

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

idk if this has been talked about in a while, but Riven's neck is either broke as gently caress or growing out of her rack and it bothers me

She broke it while riding her motorcycle, it never healed properly.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Mierenneuker posted:

She broke it while riding her motorcycle, it never healed properly.

nah riven is more the type to ride one of those razor scooters on the pavement and piss everyone off

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So I just bought all three boxes and the golden box too. Now I have 2 Augment Cache and 12 project cores. What the hell am I gonna use those for?

I can use the project cores to make the skin, but now I have one useless project cores and two augment caches.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Tired Moritz posted:

So I just bought all three boxes and the golden box too. Now I have 2 Augment Cache and 12 project cores. What the hell am I gonna use those for?

I can use the project cores to make the skin, but now I have one useless project cores and two augment caches.

Buy more caches. That is the idea.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Etrips posted:

Buy more caches. That is the idea.

Awww. Well, I don't even care about the project skins. Now my brain is gonna flip whenever I see those useless crap in my inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Awww. Well, I don't even care about the project skins. Now my brain is gonna flip whenever I see those useless crap in my inventory.

When the event ends you'll be able to scrap the spare crap for essence.

• Locked thread