Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Was Havoc fighting himself in that trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love that trailer

PAUL LONDON :swoon:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I enjoyed AR Fox's serious acting face.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

jim truds posted:

Was Havoc fighting himself in that trailer?

Do you mean "Was Son of Havoc fighting Havoc?"?

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
And here I thought the season 2 trailer with the Rey-veal was the greatest thing I've ever seen.

It's beautiful :allears:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, Paul London was in there?!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Phenix Rising posted:

Wait, Paul London was in there?!

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/763442333476016129
https://twitter.com/LondonFu/status/763444161580150785

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whoa. He looks so different. I mean, I've never seen him in a top hat before, and his hair kinda made it look like he had mutton chops so I'm giving myself a pass here.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Who the gently caress is Checkers there? That's a hell of an outfit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Go RV! posted:

I'll spoiler who they are under the masks (although like Argenis being one of the Disciples of Death I think they are different people in kayfabe). I'm pretty sure that Checkers is El Mariachi Loco. The other guy, on the left, is the wrestler formerly known as Mister Cisco.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Marty :allears:

oh yeah was that Fenix and Melissa Santos?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

keevo posted:

oh yeah was that Fenix and Melissa Santos?
Sure looked like it to me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Go RV! posted:

Hope he gets signed to WWE and teams with Sami Zayn

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Why does Kobra Moon have Drago chained up?

It looks like bad things will happen this season. :ohdear:

Also, was that Dule Hill?

Edit: and oh gently caress they gave Daga a goddamn sword

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 11, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Did Paul London's match from the Ultima Lucha 2 tapings make it to air, or did that end up being a dark match?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'll spoiler who they are under the masks (although like Argenis being one of the Disciples of Death I think they are different people in kayfabe). I'm pretty sure that Checkers is El Mariachi Loco. The other guy, on the left, is the wrestler formerly known as Mister Cisco.

I'm pretty sure you're right, but I know Trece also comes back in another role and I'm not sure what.

straven
Mar 23, 2016

sticklefifer posted:

I'm pretty sure you're right, but I know Trece also comes back in another role and I'm not sure what.

5th member of worldwide underground

cubsfan posted a great non-spoiler frame by frame breakdown of the s3 trailer

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/08/10/lets-break-down-the-lucha-underground-s3-trailer-by-frame-like-a-bunch-of-dorks/

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hell yeah Fenix macking on Melissa

So pumped for next season

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hell yeah Fenix macking on Melissa

So pumped for next season

Now he truly has held everything in Lucha Underground.

Season 4 he's going to have to go after Dario's Bull statue.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
I just want to know who is playing Kobra Moon's minions... though I think I get why they're attacking Aerostar :ohdear:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Did Paul London's match from the Ultima Lucha 2 tapings make it to air, or did that end up being a dark match?

Dark match. Some people who are going to be in season 3 had dark matches in season 2 that served as tryouts

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

I just want to know who is playing Kobra Moon's minions... though I think I get why they're attacking Aerostar :ohdear:

From what I know, they are played by Steve Pain and Judas Devlin

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

straven posted:

5th member of worldwide underground

cubsfan posted a great non-spoiler frame by frame breakdown of the s3 trailer

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/08/10/lets-break-down-the-lucha-underground-s3-trailer-by-frame-like-a-bunch-of-dorks/

That's a pretty helpful breakdown, helped me identify a couple people that I couldn't identify before.

Which unfortunately seems to include Chavo Guerrero as an on-screen character again.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Which unfortunately seems to include Chavo Guerrero as an on-screen character again.

I don't mind Chavo as an on-screen character in Lucha Underground. He's a decent wrestler who serves to act as a scumbag who will anger the fans and eventually get his comeuppance in a satisfying way from the good guys. Like in the brief feud with Cage.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

From what I know, they are played by Steve Pain and Judas Devlin

Oh hey, that's cool! I must've completely missed that they were involved. I actually don't know who Judas Devlin is, but I've seen some of Steve Pain's stuff, so I'm down with this.

And yeah, I don't mind Chavo returning to the screen because they seem to know where, when, and just how much Chavo works best for the story.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I absolutely resent chavo being his bland self on lucha underground. He's in a position someone so much better could be in. gently caress him gently caress him gently caress him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

I absolutely resent chavo being his bland self on lucha underground. He's in a position someone so much better could be in. gently caress him gently caress him gently caress him.

Like who? He is a producer who does a ton of behind the scenes work and has a weak chicken poo poo heel role on screen that he does a good job at. Who is he taking time from or denying a spot?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any heel. Literally. Jack Evans for starters.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KatWithHands posted:

Oh hey, that's cool! I must've completely missed that they were involved. I actually don't know who Judas Devlin is, but I've seen some of Steve Pain's stuff, so I'm down with this.

And yeah, I don't mind Chavo returning to the screen because they seem to know where, when, and just how much Chavo works best for the story.

judas is the former fcw/nxt guy with the knockoff jeff hardy tattoos who wrote the letter about the conditions in nxt that got bill demott fired

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

oatgan posted:

judas is the former fcw/nxt guy with the knockoff jeff hardy tattoos who wrote the letter about the conditions in nxt that got bill demott fired

Oh no poo poo, okay I do remember that. Hope he's found a good gig at LU, then.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Chavo isn't involved in a ton of stuff this season, at least in-ring, and has one very good match (believe it or not). He's very involved behind the scenes in agenting/mentoring/etc so I'm not gonna be mad at the occasional appearance.

When they did the Believers Backlash match back in season one, Chavo was backstage with Hernandez and Drago, laying out the match for the fans who were participating. He was super nice and respectful. After it was over, when they were leading us out, he was standing there to shake everyone's hand and personally thank them. From interviews I've seen and from that, it seems like he cares about this thing a whole lot.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 12, 2016

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've come around on Chavo after finding out he's apparently really great backstage and always works to make himself look like the biggest goober ever.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Yeah, I really do respect someone who has that much influence backstage and is happy to play the asswipe like Chavo does. He clearly knows his strengths and weaknesses and is happy to play a role that suits them for the benefit of the team.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

His match with Cage was honestly pretty good too. Like he's not gonna have to build an expansion to his home to hold all his Meltzer stars or whatever but dude could go better than I remembered.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any heel. Literally. Jack Evans for starters.

Jack Evans, trio champ, is getting a lot of screen time. The only heel lacking is Cuerno and he couldn't play the role Chavo plays.

We should really all count our blessings that one of the main bookers also wrestles and never puts himself over.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 12, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Another heel lacking in screen time is Siniestro. After he absorbed the other Putties he's just been kinda there.

Not that I agree that Chavo's taking time "away" from him, just that he's underused.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sticklefifer posted:

Another heel lacking in screen time is Siniestro. After he absorbed the other Putties he's just been kinda there.

Not that I agree that Chavo's taking time "away" from him, just that he's underused.

I feel that he is used adequately, or perhaps too much!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchaelrey/status/764491861318774786

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn Mundo is so loving great. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The idea that he calls his fans the Johntourage is the douchiest thing and it's perfect.

• Locked thread