Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
don't wanna gently caress a STARGATE bro hohoho

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I thought of something else, they have to have a sense of humor

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Leon Einstein posted:

It's the only time I agree with the don't ask, don't tell policy. gently caress babies who want to hold poo poo against you from when you didn't even know them.

it took me a while to parse that one. I was really against dont ask dont tell. and i just have a rage response at that phrase that blocked out what you were actually saying for a bit. but yes agreed.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

goddamn sirens

yup well people are loving stupid.

there's a photo I linked pages ago with some dude going 'I think a lot about virginity and female purity.'

That's a religious thing and a leftover from when succession rights for nobles was important and genetic testing didn't exist.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moridin920 posted:

don't wanna gently caress a STARGATE bro hohoho

:synpa:

I'm the pinky with the comically undersized brandy snifter.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CubanMissile posted:

lol at anyone who hasn't come to grips with the possibility that someone they're attracted to may have slept with a bunch of people they wouldn't approve of, and isn't at peace with it.

Leon Einstein posted:

It's the only time I agree with the don't ask, don't tell policy. gently caress babies who want to hold poo poo against you from when you didn't even know them.

In high school I went on a couple of dates with a girl that was known by literally everyone in the surrounding towns (I grew up in a rural area where kids from seven towns would go to the same school) as a girl who really got around and one guy said to me "Dude if you kissed her do you have any idea how many cocks you sucked!??"

I was like okay whatever. I mean I knew she dated and probably banged a lot of dudes but I was more disturbed by the implication that she hadn't brushed her teeth in years.

Then I dated a girl with a similar reputation for like eight months and that same guy said he once asked her to blow him for a bag of Cheetos. Rumor has it that she did it but I didn't bother to ask her to verify because she was my girlfriend and that would be rude.

rural Newfoundland is an interesting place to grow up.

Edit: It may have been Doritos. Can't remember.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
LOL at a grown loving man wearing a video game shirt trying to impress a lady

Go buy a dress shirt and grow some hair you bald bitch

Just kidding bald dudes, you're alright

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

That's a religious thing and a leftover from when succession rights for nobles was important and genetic testing didn't exist.

A lot of guys think if you gently caress too much your v is going to be super loose and gross

:shrug:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That whole first date thing sucks. I knew my current girlfriend for five years before we got together (there was never a time when we were both single and we convinced ourselves we were just work friends). When we finally did it was amazing and five years of pent up lust came flooding out. Then she straight up said "I really want to have sex but we're not going to because I don't want you to think I'm slutty." So of course I told her wouldn't think that and besides we've danced around this for half a decade so I think that qualifies as enough time. She stuck to her guns though and instead we made plans for a second date for pretty much the sole purpose of sex. It's fine but kinda silly.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Moridin920 posted:

I knew this kid in middle school, nice guy, but awkward. He really liked some girl. He figured hey, I'll buy her some jewelry! Relevant info: dude had some rich uncle or something but basically he had as much spending money as he wanted. He bought this girl a ring worth hundreds of dollars and gave it to her out of the blue.

I told him that was a bad idea, because even as a 7th grader I could tell that was a little strange. He did it anyway. She nicely said 'dude I can't accept this,' was obviously a bit eked out, and said no when he asked her out.

bros spending money on girls will not equal pussy that's not how it works irl

I am not buying a girl anything besides a few drinks before we've had sex. I never understood how people go to dinner with as a first or second date, never mind actually paying for it. (I mean this mostly for online dating; if you know a girl for a while before your first date then yea sure go for dinner.)

I think there was like, maybe one time where I took a girl out and she expected me to pay. It was a cocktail bar too, so the tab was like $75 and she got pissed at me for suggesting we split the bill. She said "Oh I didn't bring any money" and I told her she better go get some. That liar had money after all.

Most of the other OKCupid dates I've been on, the girls were fine grabbing beers and playing pool.

Also I find the guys that look down on first-date sex to be flabbergasting... isn't it objectively awesome that she liked you enough that she had sex with you right off the bat? Some people, man....

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
That lady will not be using her teeth, and show you what the gently caress to do if you arent doing it right. You may learn something, and dont be afraid to get schooled.

use protection tho seriously

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Moridin920 posted:

A lot of guys think if you gently caress too much your v is going to be super loose and gross

It works both ways, if a dude bones too much his dick gradually erodes away like an island in the choppy seas

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress

Just pay for the meal motherfuckers, she could have been anywhere but she decided to hang out with you

Once you marry them, then you suck all their goddamn income away on sardines and collectible coke machines, real dad poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tumble posted:

Also I find the guys that look down on first-date sex to be flabbergasting... isn't it objectively awesome that she liked you enough that she had sex with you right off the bat? Some people, man....

agreed, if I don't have sex on the first date I consider it a failure

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tumble posted:

I think there was like, maybe one time where I took a girl out and she expected me to pay. It was a cocktail bar too, so the tab was like $75 and she got pissed at me for suggesting we split the bill. She said "Oh I didn't bring any money" and I told her she better go get some. That liar had money after all.

:swoon:

I am so on yer dingus right now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

Madonna complex.

ElGroucho posted:

What the gently caress

Just pay for the meal motherfuckers, she could have been anywhere but she decided to hang out with you

Once you marry them, then you suck all their goddamn income away on sardines and collectible coke machines, real dad poo poo

If I invite you to dinner I'll probably cover the tab yeah (would be rude of you to not at least offer to split imo though, at least reach like you're going for your wallet and play that social nicety dance) but if we just met at a bar why don't you buy me a drink?

Some girls get all huffy about that but the ones that took it in stride and bought me a round were all pretty cool (then ofc I reciprocated).

\/\/\/ also that

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 11, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tumble posted:

Good advice also is "don't go to any place expensive for a first date".

Well, if you're a dude anyway.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tumble posted:

One of the girls I worked with last year told me she went to a bar and a stranger walked up to her and took out his phone and proceeded to show her his bank account she was like "Are you kidding me right now?" and ignored him but as the night went on she kept going to him asking him to buy her drinks because she knew he could afford it and he'd loving do it no questions asked lmao

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SneakyFrog posted:

:swoon:

I am so on yer dingus right now.

(this was light and friendly-ish sarcasm)

it seems somewhat dickish.

but :shrug:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
gently caress that, meals are a gift and I ain't giving no gifts to some girl I just met.

If she doesn't wanna drink booze and laugh at dumb poo poo we weren't right for each other anyway.

SneakyFrog posted:

(this was light and friendly-ish sarcasm)

it seems somewhat dickish.

but :shrug:

If she'd been cooler about it I wouldn't have given it a second thought and just paid the bill, but she was a bit haughty, so as soon as she made her stink-face I was kinda done with the whole thing and told her she needed to split the bill.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 11, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I invite all my first dates to my Mancave where I show off my figurines and anime collection

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Mak0rz posted:

In high school I went on a couple of dates with a girl that was known by literally everyone in the surrounding towns (I grew up in a rural area where kids from seven towns would go to the same school) as a girl who really got around and one guy said to me "Dude if you kissed her do you have any idea how many cocks you sucked!??"

I was like okay whatever. I mean I knew she dated and probably banged a lot of dudes but I was more disturbed by the implication that she hadn't brushed her teeth in years.

Then I dated a girl with a similar reputation for like eight months and that same guy said he once asked her to blow him for a bag of Cheetos. Rumor has it that she did it but I didn't bother to ask her to verify because she was my girlfriend and that would be rude.

rural Newfoundland is an interesting place to grow up.

Edit: It may have been Doritos. Can't remember.

Stories like that always crop up around high school girls. Doesn't matter. Nothing teenagers say is real and even if it was everyone has slutty phases.

I can sorta get being wary of dating a girl who instantly jumped your bones if you've ever been cheated on and you're worried about it happening again. But you just gotta trust her if a relationship is getting serious unless something happens that gives you good reason not to. Dudes will have sex on the first date no problem, but that doesn't men them instant cheaters.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I wish getting high was an acceptable date :( what's with all these straight edges

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tumble posted:

gently caress that, meals are a gift and I ain't giving no gifts to some girl I just met.

If she doesn't wanna drink booze and laugh at dumb poo poo we weren't right for each other anyway.

dunno dude i just usually float the first proper date as the cost of *gasp* getting the chance to have a legit possible intimate conversation where its ok and expected to ask poinky personal questions. I guess if it works for you whatevs.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Decebal posted:

I wish getting high was an acceptable date :( what's with all these straight edges

it def is

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Don't have dinner on first dates. It's too formal for anyone to be really comfortable. Do something fun instead. But holy poo poo goons if you do have dinner then pay for it you tightwad.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

Don't have dinner on first dates. It's too formal for anyone to be really comfortable. Do something fun instead. But holy poo poo goons if you do have dinner then pay for it you tightwad.

or meet up at a bar and start your own tab, then hey if you feel especially bold offer to pay for theirs.. +1 to ballerness

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What kind of looser can't pay for 2 meals, or feel impoverished after ??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah I was gonna say if you invite someone to dinner then it's on you to pay for it and that's a fairly universal expectation whether it's a date or something else... If they are polite they will offer to pay or split (and I might let a split happen depending on the situation), but otherwise it's on you.

The caveat there is I'm not taking you somewhere super nice on a first date. Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever done a restaurant as a first date anyway.

Movies are a lovely first date, too.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"No, these whores are just trying to take all my manga money!"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you invite the person out you pay for the date. You're asking them to join you for an evening or whatever, it's on you. If you mutually decide to do something then maybe you split the bill, especially if you're an established couple.

It's just that the guy is almost always the one doing the asking

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Decebal posted:

What kind of looser can't pay for 2 meals, or feel impoverished after ??

Some dweeb with bigger problems than "whore bitches", I tell you what

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Again I'm more talking about online dating; if you've known the person for a bit beforehand before you've gone on a proper date, do whatever you want and pay however you want.

But for online dating, I usually only do drinks someplace casual. The first hour or so of a date with somebody you met online are basically you feeling each other out to see if you're remotely compatible. It's like a pre-date, really.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CubanMissile posted:

Stories like that always crop up around high school girls. Doesn't matter. Nothing teenagers say is real and even if it was everyone has slutty phases.

I can sorta get being wary of dating a girl who instantly jumped your bones if you've ever been cheated on and you're worried about it happening again. But you just gotta trust her if a relationship is getting serious unless something happens that gives you good reason not to. Dudes will have sex on the first date no problem, but that doesn't men them instant cheaters.

I mean I'm pretty sure there was a lot of truth behind those stories for both girls. The second one (my first girlfriend) kinda had hosed up social and self worth issues because her family were Salvation Army captains and moved to/from like 7 different towns growing up as they kept getting restationed or whatever it is they do in that weird church. A lot of people were really mean to her just because she was weird and a new kid.

Maybe this is confirmation bias but I feel like socially awkward girls get way shittier treatment in rural areas than awkward dudes do. All of the girls hated her and didn't want her around so she hung out with all of us nerdy rejects even though we had nothing in common. I feel like the only reason we started dating at all is because I was one of the few guys that was actually nice to her :smith:

In the end she broke up with me after loving a dude at the church camp she was working at that summer :shrug:

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah, if you want to sit down and eat/drink then go to a pub or a cafe. Also don't go to movies for first dates. I keep telling people that is a stupid idea but they always do it.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 11, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tumble posted:

But for online dating, I usually only do drinks someplace casual. The first hour or so of a date with somebody you met online are basically you feeling each other out to see if you're remotely compatible. It's like a pre-date, really.

not gonna lie.. i love that part the best.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

That last one isn't even bad really, it's just that dude's feeling on it but even so you can see how if a girl likes a guy she might be hesitant about first date loving.

And those took me all of 1 minute to find.

this is the lamest poo poo in the history of mankind.

how are you not more likely to call a girl who hosed you the first night. you know you're in. what is this.s

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
If you're not down with splitting rounds at a dive bar for our first date we're probably not going to get along

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

E1M1 posted:

If you're not down with splitting rounds at a dive bar for our first date we're probably not going to get along

uhm. thats a dive bar girl, (assuming she knows the place as an utter horrible dive) she should be down, some folks arent dive bar ladies.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is the lamest poo poo in the history of mankind.

how are you not more likely to call a girl who hosed you the first night. you know you're in. what is this.s

That first one is pretty great imo because he's like "oh sure I'LL gently caress on the first date that's no issue but if YOU gently caress on the first date you're low class."

Like drat bro get outta your rear end for a moment and think about your statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Travis343 posted:

If you invite the person out you pay for the date. You're asking them to join you for an evening or whatever, it's on you. If you mutually decide to do something then maybe you split the bill, especially if you're an established couple.

It's just that the guy is almost always the one doing the asking

Pretty much this. I thought this was self-explanatory like...cripes. Whoever initiates the idea, takes the lead - isn't that much at least self-evident?

• Locked thread