Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

drat it, I should be pissed that this episode was almost 100% wheel-spinning with no plot movement but gently caress it, that was incredible.

Was ALF voiced by the actual original voice actor? I couldn't tell a difference.

Wikipedia has Pual Fusco as the voice and puppeteer for ALF in this last episode. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Fusco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Accretionist posted:

Where did Angela recognize the henchman from?

He's the one who gave them the cd.

Edit: aka that's not a henchman, that's Darlene's ex.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Elliott ended up in the same room as the dog :(

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Grem posted:

Elliott ended up in the same room as the dog :(

Was it the basement of Ray's house or just a basement?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't catch the time it stated on Angela's terminal before her hack, but was it in the morning? I want to link it to Careful Massacre of the Bourgeoisie, starting on USA at 11!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Mameluke posted:

I didn't catch the time it stated on Angela's terminal before her hack, but was it in the morning? I want to link it to Careful Massacre of the Bourgeoisie, starting on USA at 11!

Yes. Darlene mentions that the floor they want her on should be empty because it's lunch time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone feel like Darlene Instagramming Careful Massacre of the Bourgeoise is going to come back to bite them?

It's literally the origin of the mask they used.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

As soon as that happened, it seemed ominous. It will definitely be used against them later.

Dom is by far my favorite new character in the show, and I can't wait to see how her character ends up playing out. Man this show is great.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 11, 2016

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Goddamn, I need to start watching this live.

THE COMMERCIALS TOO OH MY GOD

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I just started watching the new episode and had to pop in here after the opening credits to say that this is the show of the year.

Edit: Yep, that owned. While the plot didn't move too much we had so much development of the Elliot-Mr. Robot relationship that it's fine.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 11, 2016

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

jongp4 posted:

The store was named Mr. robot we already knew this from season one

Yes I knew this. Sarcasm was implied with the oh god, fake excitement and 4 question marks...never mind

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Really liked the single take (or two take really) with Angela on the FBI floor.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Sober posted:

Really liked the single take (or two take really) with Angela on the FBI floor.

Yeah, the sitcom bit will steal all the attention but I really loved that too. A good episode throughout. All I could think when she was in the restroom was "you couldn't get a laptop with quieter keys?!"

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Also, what's the deal with Gideon's arm as he's walking up to the car? I thought he was gonna try to shake with a fake hand and have some kind of horror ensue:

TVGM fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 11, 2016

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The shot of Price in his office was loving with my head with the perspective on that mirrored table.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The fact that Minister Zhang, who I assume to be White Rose, is no longer taking Price's calls after the FBI attack is a pretty significant development too. That and the protests swamping E-Corp's HQ signal that Price's control on things is slipping away.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

hatelull posted:

The shot of Price in his office was loving with my head with the perspective on that mirrored table.

Yeah. That was a really neat way to make those shots unsettling.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

hatelull posted:

Although if he did, then who called his wife from the street that night and sent the toy for the baby?
I don't know why nobody answered you when it was very much obvious in this episode and the telegraphing of Tyrell's death is so loud but here you go, from this episode:

It's the paparazzi loving with her to get stories. She's been in the papers constantly and they're just goading her out all the time, hoping she goes crazy.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

hatelull posted:

Was it the basement of Ray's house or just a basement?

It could be either but I'll say "a basement" since if it was his it'd probably a bit more furnished.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Grem posted:

It could be either but I'll say "a basement" since if it was his it'd probably a bit more furnished.

Actually it's just a solitary confinement room in the Institution.

Personally I think we'll be getting a reveal on this in the next episode.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
What was the gameboy game Darlene was playing, the music sounds familiar so I think it's real.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Did Price upgrade his WW1 map?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hatelull posted:

Yeah no poo poo, it seriously freaked me out for like a full minute until I figured out how the illusion worked.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whenever I read the reviews for this show I find critics are always taking it as a given that the Elliot scenes are the least interesting part of an episode, which is so far away from my perception it sorta makes my head spin.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

Whenever I read the reviews for this show I find critics are always taking it as a given that the Elliot scenes are the least interesting part of an episode, which is so far away from my perception it sorta makes my head spin.

I honestly don't get the criticisms that this season is too boring. It's definitely slower and less streamlined than Season 1, but the direction and acting is so engrossing that I barely even notice how long scenes run anymore.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DaveKap posted:

I don't know why nobody answered you when it was very much obvious in this episode and the telegraphing of Tyrell's death is so loud but here you go, from this episode:

It's the paparazzi loving with her to get stories. She's been in the papers constantly and they're just goading her out all the time, hoping she goes crazy.

I missed the paper entirely, that is such a perfect NYPost headline too.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I wouldn't call them boring either but at the same time it felt like he was in limbo with his ghost dad for a really long time. Its meaningful stuff but the rest of the world is exploding so those scenes could be a real comedown.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Toplowtech posted:

Can we have a gif of alf driving over Gideon. That scene killed me(and Gideon, again).

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Elliot reacting to being censored was great.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

PhazonLink posted:

What was the gameboy game Darlene was playing, the music sounds familiar so I think it's real.

The cart looked like Double Dragon.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
What did that guy get injected into his finger? :goatdrugs:?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Change the thread title to word-up Wednesdays.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

bbf2 posted:

I just moved into a new place and started to watch this with my new roommates walking around and I recorded it and watched he first ten minutes but the 90s sitcom thing was just too weird and I didn't want anyone thinking I was watching Full House or some poo poo so I stepped away. Without any major spoilers can someone tell me if most of the episode stays in that format?

Wait so instead of bringing in people to an amazing show, you just ran and hid? For shame. *bell.* Shaame.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dr. Josef Mengele posted:

Looked like they put the needle in under his nail and then broke it off :barf:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I'm not even sure how you'd bring people into Mr. Robot anywhere besides the beginning, let alone in a mid-80's sitcom segment where ALF kills a main character.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

LmaoTheKid posted:

Looked like they put the needle in under his nail and then broke it off :barf:

This. If you see him when he drops off the device with Angela and Darlene, that finger is bandaged. It's not 100% clear (although close enough) that whatever they changed is what crashed the hack - any guesses as to what the Dark Army is trying to do? I haven't seen anything plausible about their end game, the only things we know about them for sure is that they're Chinese, willing to play rough, and one of the most prominent members is extremely well connected politically/socially. It's all theory crafting, I know, just wondering what I've missed if anything.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Did anyone else cringe at the MARBLE CAKE reference?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I...don't even get the reference.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Paradox Personified posted:

Did anyone else cringe at the MARBLE CAKE reference?

I was more annoyed that they didn't read the authentication string for the Signal call to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

NANOMACHINES

• Locked thread