Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You'd buy it for the Groose amiibo, don't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

greatn posted:

I'm buying an HD remake if they replace some or most of the controlsLink with Groose, and have options to turn Fi hints way down.
Also a way to skip the tutorial.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

irlZaphod posted:

Also a way to skip the tutorial.

This might be the most unlikely thing. Zelda games seem to tie a whole lot of the early story and NPC characterization into the tutorials; skipping them would cut out a lot of content.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played LTTP for the first time this past week and it was refreshing playing a Zelda game that was both actually challenging and had 0 story. I wish they would go back to that style.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

LTTP has a story :confused:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LTTP is the best Zelda

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well alright it does but like. It's 3 text boxes every 30 minutes that all say "Link you have to fill out your inventory screen"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I've been in Ganon's Tower for like three months. I should really power through that poo poo because I also started playing Zelda II at some point.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of August 11):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    360 Breakout - €7.00 / £6.00
    Frankenstein - Master of Death - €7.99 / £5.99
    Mortar Melon - €5.00 / £4.49
    Plenty of Fishies - €5.00 / £4.49
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft Battle Map Season Pass - €9.99 / £7.99
WII DOWNLOADS ON WII U
    Super Paper Mario - €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Star Wars Pinball (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until August 18
    Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until August 18
    Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until August 18
    Star Wars Pinball; Star Wars Rebels (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.19 until August 18
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until August 25
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U) - €5.99 / £4.79 until August 25[/i]
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €4.94 / £3.95 until August 25[/i]
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 until August 25
    Trine Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.79 until August 29
    Trine 2 Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until August 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Art Academy (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ambition of the Slimes - €5.00 / £4.79
    Doll Fashion Atelier - €4.99 / £4.29
    Undead Bowling (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man X2 (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 if you own Mega Man X3 until August 25, normally €7.99 / £7.19
    Mega Man X3 (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 if you own Mega Man X2 until August 25, normally €7.99 / £7.19
3DS MENU THEMES (August 5)
    Animal Crossing: Summer Fun - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy either MMX2 or MMX3, get the other for 50% off! (New 3DS VC) - ends August 25
    Mega Men Legacy Collection (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.99 until August 25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until August 25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.99 until August 25
    Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 25
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 25
    Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairy Tale (3DS eShop) - €22.99 / £19.99 until August 25
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 25
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 until August 25
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until August 25
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €7.49 / £7.49 until August 25
    Sadame (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.49 until August 25
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 until August 25
    Rage of the Gladiators (3DS) - €3.49 / £3.09 until September 1

NA update (week of August 11):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Just Dance 2017 (demo)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Tadpole Treble - $9.99
    Surfin' Sam: Attack of the Aqualites - $?
    360 Breakout - $7.00
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $9.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Mario Sports Mix - $19.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wave Race 64 (N64) - $9.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until August 25
    Trine Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until August 29
    Trine 2 Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - "on sale" until August 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Art Academy (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Ambition of the Slimes - $5.00
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $14.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man X (SNES) - $7.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    ? - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until August 18
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 5 Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until August 18
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $9.99 until August 22
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 (3DS) - $34.99 until August 22
    Stella Glow (3DS) - $29.99 until August 22
    Sadame (3DS eShop) - $24.99 until August 25
    3D Streets of Rage (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until August 29
    3D Shinobi 3 (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until August 29

There are other Sega 3D Classics going on sale today but NOA didn't list them - I'm guessing it'll be every game that's not on the retail compilation.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Super Paper Mario

I'm not angry, Nintendo. I'm just disappointed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

greatn posted:

I'm buying an HD remake if they replace some or most of the controls, and have options to turn Fi hints way down.

while we're adding ways to make SS an actual good game let's add in "replace the repeat areas with different ones"

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

greatn posted:

I'm buying an HD remake if they replace some or most of the controls, and have options to turn Fi hints way down.

And take out the text pop-ups for every time you pick up a doodad or a Ruppee since the last time you turned the console off. TPHD fixed that so I'm hopeful.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Mega Man X is a great game. I only own original cartridge copies of three Mega Man games: Mega Man 3 on the NES, Mega Man X from the SNES, and Wily Wars on the Genesis.

I was seriously thinking about getting one of those Mario-themed New 3DSs that were teased at $149.99 a short while ago in this thread, but then I realised that it wasn't an XL. I have huge hands and only the XL-sized systems are comfortable for me.

Edit: Never mind. I forgot that the "New!" 3DS only comes in one size, which is XL size. (I think?)

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
If you're in America, yes, you can only buy XL New 3DSes unless you get very specific bundles. Everywhere else in the world you can buy either variant.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Edit: Never mind. I forgot that the "New!" 3DS only comes in one size, which is XL size. (I think?)

The New 3DS comes in both non-XL and XL sizes. The one that comes in XL size is called the New 3DS XL.

If you're in the Americas, the only way to get a New 3DS that isn't a N3DSXL is to buy one of the box sets. Otherwise, every one that's sold on its own is a N3DSXL.

People outside of the Americas don't have this problem.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

If you're in America, yes, you can only buy XL New 3DSes unless you get very specific bundles. Everywhere else in the world you can buy either variant.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The New 3DS comes in both non-XL and XL sizes. The one that comes in XL size is called the New 3DS XL.

If you're in the Americas, the only way to get a New 3DS that isn't a N3DSXL is to buy one of the box sets. Otherwise, every one that's sold on its own is a N3DSXL.

People outside of the Americas don't have this problem.

Thanks for clarifying, lads.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

JustJeff88 posted:

Mega Man X is a great game. I only own original cartridge copies of three Mega Man games: Mega Man 3 on the NES, Mega Man X from the SNES, and Wily Wars on the Genesis.

I was seriously thinking about getting one of those Mario-themed New 3DSs that were teased at $149.99 a short while ago in this thread, but then I realised that it wasn't an XL. I have huge hands and only the XL-sized systems are comfortable for me.

Honestly, I've got fairly large hands as well, but the n3ds regular is just big enough not to be uncomfortable. It's bigger than the standard og 3ds by a bit thanks to the bigger screens.

Maybe that will help for a little perspective on the size for ya.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

The $150 Super Mario Land edition 3DSs are definitely the "New 3DS" only in the regular size. I am going to sell/trade in my n3DSXL because it hurts my hands for long play sessions and the resolution stinks.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

That is a snazzy plate you got there

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Fremry posted:

The $150 Super Mario Land edition 3DSs are definitely the "New 3DS" only in the regular size. I am going to sell/trade in my n3DSXL because it hurts my hands for long play sessions and the resolution stinks.

Well, then I probably won't bother. I have an original DS but it's tiny to me, so I play all of my regular DS games on my (old) 3DSXL, which feels great. I already have a cartridge copy of Mario 3D Land, so I think that the new 3DS just isn't for me. The only thing that it does that the old one doesn't (I have an Amiibo adapter for it) is play some great VC games, but those can be had elsewhere. Also, I think that the metallic black New 3DSXL is piss ugly.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Just an interesting bit of info, if you're in a situation where you have a physical and a digital copy of the same game, you can download an physical to SD card transfer app off the eShop to nab all your save data from the physical copy and transfer it to digital copy. That way you can sell your physical copy without losing your saves.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

How much are the Ace Attorney games on sale for?

Also it's been voiced before but it'd be nice if VC games had cross buy. Already have it on Wii u but I'd love to play MMX on 3DS. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

LTTP has a story :confused:

The story that goes "you have to collect a set of things to prove your worth before collecting another set of things to defeat Ganon"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Story in games is good it just shouldn't get in the way of playing the game

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice hits the West on Sept 8th, eshop only, at $29.99.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Dr Cheeto posted:

That is a snazzy plate you got there

Grabbed it off eBay for 25 bucks or something. It's one of the monster hunter 4 ones, but I don't think it made it to the US at any point.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is the eshop down for anyone else? I wanna buy Mega Man X...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

jivjov posted:

Is the eshop down for anyone else?
Nintendo has their own way of doing things. Just because other online shops are up doesn't mean eShop has to be.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I need more Turbografx games Nintendo it's been a month you can't do this to me

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SelenicMartian posted:

Nintendo has their own way of doing things. Just because other online shops are up doesn't mean eShop has to be.

I am aware of this. I was attempting to diagnose if I was having a local issue or something was up with eShop service in general.

In any case, I just tried again and its working.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kaubocks posted:

How much are the Ace Attorney games on sale for?

$16.49 for the trilogy, $11.99 for DD.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I loving love LTTP, but it's hilarious to me that it's considered no frills no story just action when I remember being very annoyed by having to listen to long unskippable speeches by the crystal maidens that were easy to accidentally repeat.

The game practically invented the unskippabale cutscene.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

jivjov posted:

I am aware of this. I was attempting to diagnose if I was having a local issue or something was up with eShop service in general.

In any case, I just tried again and its working.

He...he was mocking you

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Boten Anna posted:

I loving love LTTP, but it's hilarious to me that it's considered no frills no story just action when I remember being very annoyed by having to listen to long unskippable speeches by the crystal maidens that were easy to accidentally repeat.

The game practically invented the unskippabale cutscene.

It also pioneered the twist Zelda ending!

YOUR UNCLE RECOVERS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Those crystal maiden speeches are like 8 seconds long.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Anyone have any thoughts on Ambition of the Slimes? Looks like it was a cell phone game. I mean it's only $5, just wondering if it offers a few hours of entertainment or if it's boring after 10 minutes.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

I am aware of this.

Lol

We all love you Jivjov

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Monkey Fracas posted:

Lol

We all love you Jivjov

Awwww thanks!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The best offence is a good defence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

He...he was mocking you

Since his snipe was the weakest poo poo ever posted, i don't fault jivjov for not even noticing