Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Light Gun Man posted:

nothing says "not human technology" like body suits that perfectly fit the human body!

You never heard of armor that forms around its host...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Burkion posted:

No. I can't say I'm a fan of this.

Maybe they'll magically get better in motion

It's good proof that Rita's gonna be the Green Ranger in this, at the very least.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

You never heard of armor that forms around its host...?

Yeah sure I've seen Guyver. I guess this is just the standard scifi lazy route of "aliens are all humanoid".

Of course, Power Rangers does have weird things about it's version of space, like having breathable air and yeah almost exclusively? humanoid aliens so maybe that's just part of the setting, I guess.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

We've gotten to the point where Power Rangers figures look like knock-off power rangers figures.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't able to tell before, but I hate those helmet designs. Jason is the only one that kind of looks like his animal, MAYBE Kim.

Also I really want to see these things in flat lighting because I have no idea what color the stripes are supposed to be. Some angles they look black, others some other color.

I do appreciate that the toys are their primary colors and not murky dingy colors, but it also highlights just how much these suits needed white to offset the colors.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Agreed 100%, especially about the lack of white. They just look really generic right now.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Yeah, I was gonna complain that each uniform has blue on it, even going back to the first promotional picture. I'd even go so far as to say the red ranger's costume is the only one with serious effort put into it, the rest look somewhat half baked.

This movie was always gonna be a train wreck, but I was hoping for a fun train wreck. It's starting to look like even my meager expectations will be squashed. They better not gently caress up the megazord (they will).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yep. Generic helmet designs except for Jason and sort of Kim.

And dear God those mouth plates are creepy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Wow, those are really, really bad. I can't believe these look worse than the costumes from the movie 20 years ago. And those weren't even that great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The pink ranger toy looks like a Slenderman action figure with boobs glued on top

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Some better pics from the official page.

Really liking how much the colors stand out in this lighting. And it looks like there's holograms of the animals in the coins judging by the pink one.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Those morphers scream of "these will probably break". Like I get its supposed to invoke ancient alien tech or whatever but the dirt should like come off.

On a lighter note of figures Tamashii Buddies (With Lord Zedd!)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Burkion posted:

Why do the guys have such huge tits as well?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Everyone's helmet is ugly and has a long forehead except Red's. Which was prolly intentional knowing this series :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Goddamn, yellow is stacked. I hope the actress is pretty modestly endowed so it's even funnier.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Goddamn, yellow is stacked. I hope the actress is pretty modestly endowed so it's even funnier.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3121384/

Yep; she is not a chesty actress and they stuck her in a suit with massive armored tits.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

Yep; she is not a chesty actress and they stuck her in a suit with massive armored tits.

These are gonna look like the suits from Batman & Robin when we see them in motion, aren't they? I am ready to make fun of this movie, but also watch it :getin:

Non Compos Mentis
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Burkion posted:

Those are the new Psycho Rangers right?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This is so Dragonball Evolution all over again.

jivjov posted:

But the tits let little girls know which toys to identify with, so it's feminist, you see! :suicide:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Doggles posted:

Some better pics from the official page.

Really liking how much the colors stand out in this lighting. And it looks like there's holograms of the animals in the coins judging by the pink one.

The more I look at these the more they look like something you'd see airbrushed on the side of a van.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

Don't forget the combat high heels!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tits are great. I'm a big fan of tits in general, personally.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What really gets me about the armor tits in that one image is the fact that she's in profile with everyone else, but her chest is sliiiiiiiiiiightly turned towards the viewer in a very Rob Liefled kinda way to show off her giant armor tits that extend past her head.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably so they don't stick out in profile. If she was all the way to the side it would look more ridiculous.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

Probably so they don't stick out in profile. If she was all the way to the side it would look more ridiculous.

Yeah but what makes it stick out to me is that her shoulders look totally in line with her face and such- it's just her chest. Just such a weird unnatural thing to see on something in real life

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Saw someone point this out on Twitter. Rita's got the Green coin in her staff.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

OZC posted:

Saw someone point this out on Twitter. Rita's got the Green coin in her staff.

I am really curious to see how they work with Rita being the Green Ranger.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This week's issue of the Power Rangers comic had Rita trying to recruit Zack as her new green ranger before she found Tommy, giving him a monologue about how it can be hard to be second in command and underappreciated, hinting that she was at one point Zordon's partner.

I'm curious if they are bringing the comic in line with the movie.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Morby posted:

I am really curious to see how they work with Rita being the Green Ranger.

So they've axed The power ranger in favor of powering up the villain that gets overshadowed by Zedd.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe instead of overpowering Zedd she'll be freed of his control and become the sixth ranger.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

greatn posted:

Maybe instead of overpowering Zedd she'll be freed of his control and become the sixth ranger.

Well, that would be neat. I mean, they let Karone become a ranger so why not the other galactic tyrant.

Wait, was Rita a galactic tyrant or was she just one of Zedd's subcontractors?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroi posted:

Well, that would be neat. I mean, they let Karone become a ranger so why not the other galactic tyrant.

Wait, was Rita a galactic tyrant or was she just one of Zedd's subcontractors?

She took over worlds for Lord Zedd.

So I guess both

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah she took over at least three worlds explicitly before going to earth, probably more, going by the shows lore. She was no Zedd or Master Vile of course, and her worlds technically belong to Zedd.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Any indication they are going to do more Legacy helmets? The red ranger helmet is cool but I'm sure there is a bigger market for green and white

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So I haven't paid any attention to this poo poo. Have they said whether the movie is going to have a Bulk & Skull?

I'm looking at these shots and while I was fine with the ranger suit designs, I'm slowly getting worried over direction. Power Rangers was a show that ended half it's episodes with a fat guy getting pied in the face; kind of an awful moral but a fairly accurate indicator of the show's tone. If they're going serious faced Pacific Rim with this property they're going to screw it up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, you don't have to worry about that, Pacific Rim was fun.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yes, Pacific Rim was good but MMPR was very much not Pacific Rim in it's day.

This seems like it's trending closer to that, perhaps because that grim five-minute fan film got such a reaction. I wouldn't totally Scooby-Doo it but don't be afraid of a little camp. Rita looks campy as hell though so we'll see.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
"We'll see" is about right, yeah. I was really surprised they didn't drop a trailer at Comicon. Just keep waiting I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Calling it now: post-credits sequence revealing Lord Zedd for the inevitable sequel

(If someone already said this, sorry)