Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My son does. He sleeps with a Rush plushie and invents his own robot masters, like Tiger Snake man and Graf man.

He also is a Zelda aficionado, his favorite is Big Blue Ganon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BillmasterCozb posted:

i mean, everyone hated a certain upcoming metroid game after a 30 second trailer

I hated it after 30 minutes of people playing it on the Nintendo World Championship and killing all the momentum that event had going on.

Anyway Nintendo would benefit from scooping up some of the talents that do so much with their older stuff but it's just not in their organizational culture, maybe in a few years with some drastic changes they'll start doing that and get their own Sonic Mania thing going, but for the foreseeable future they simply won't.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think they may have made some attempt at scooping up Toby Keith or whatever, NoA members on twitter were trying to get him to contact them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

greatn posted:

I think they may have made some attempt at scooping up Toby Keith or whatever, NoA members on twitter were trying to get him to contact them.

They were supposedly talking to him about getting Undertale on consoles but nothing seems to have come from it and Toby admitted himself that he'd basically need a ton of help porting Undertale to anything that wasn't a PC.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

He also is a Zelda aficionado, his favorite is Big Blue Ganon

Old school pig Ganon? That's what's up. I hope we get that in a 3D title one of these days.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

greatn posted:

I think they may have made some attempt at scooping up Toby Keith

Oh are we getting earthbound 64 after all? Is he gonna play Flint?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

s.i.r.e. posted:

Old school pig Ganon? That's what's up. I hope we get that in a 3D title one of these days.

The funny thing is I've never played one of those for him so I have no idea where he got it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm trying to think of all of the pig Ganon appearances and there's a bit, but only three games where he even has color (LOZ, LTTP, FSA); I guess maybe he looked up art for Ganon or something.

I wouldn't doubt if he stumbled upon the LTTP art with Ganon and Link facing off which is dope as all hell.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh of course. He's three so he didn't look anything up, but I DID read him the Link to the Past manga that was originally published in Nintendo power.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

greatn posted:

Oh of course. He's three so he didn't look anything up, but I DID read him the Link to the Past manga that was originally published in Nintendo power.

You are a good dad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

greatn posted:

Or what about the 80's cartoon? He's probably love that and the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Die Laughing posted:

Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

It's on netflix, paisanos!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

s.i.r.e. posted:

So shouldn't Nintendo be snatching up the really good projects like AM2R and distributing them to make a buck? I mean, why not grow their IPs with such things rather than just shut them down?

Risk. All it takes is one "oops, the developer snuck a racist slur into the source code" kind of deal and suddenly Nintendo's responsible.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

greatn posted:

how do you read a manga to a kid? narrate the dialogue while flashing the pictures every page?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well it's more like a comic book, it's like any other picture book, you do character voices, point to where you're talking about, narrate some of the action that may be unclear.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

With little kids they can sit on your lap and you can read right over their heads. Also works for handheld videogames.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

how do you read a manga to a kid? narrate the dialogue while flashing the pictures every page?

Very easily I imagine. Gets kids really into the source material too.

Contains spoilers for future jojo characters and names for anybody in this thread following that show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD1abQAYOVU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfJKLueAKQ

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I haven't really interacted with little kids since my youngest cousin, just curious mostly.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

"dio-sama"

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Ometeotl posted:

Risk. All it takes is one "oops, the developer snuck a racist slur into the source code" kind of deal and suddenly Nintendo's responsible.

Disney has no problems lending the use of their IP's, including things more valuable than anything Nintendo has like Star Wars, to fans. All they do is meet with the modders and ask them to agree not to put certain poo poo in their games. Nintendo are just assholes about their IP use look at their YouTube policy basically stealing 90% of revenue from people. Disney is even allowing a prototype of battlefront 3 based on leaked code to be released on steam. No risk to Nintendo except in their imaginations

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Raserys posted:

"dio-sama"

Good kid.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

But Nintendo DOES have a non-interference policy for fangames? Like, it's fine if you make a Mario fangame, you just can't make "Super Mario World 3D" or whatever, because SMW is a real game that already exists, and upgrading the graphics and releasing it for free isn't a 'fan' game so much. The 3D Zelda 1, AM2R, SM64 HD, they were all remakes of actual Nintendo games that Nintendo was selling.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Trent posted:

WW will always look good because of stylistic choices. TP looked kinda bad even when new.

TP is sooo ugly. To me it's main redeeming characteristic is that it has a good soundtrack, but WW has an amazing soundtrack as well that overshadows TP.

Elmon fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 12, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

New footage of the Temple of Time in Breath of the Wild: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/videos/1089827307768388/?pnref=story

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ometeotl posted:

That's true, I don't think of any game company's Nintendo would want to gently caress around with PR nightmares like that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's true, I don't think of any game company's Nintendo would want to gently caress around with PR nightmares like that.

Wario

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Does Wario condemn Israel and proclaim fruits should be hanging from trees?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well he has complicated opinions on Israel but you can't call him an antisemite for obvious reasons.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I thought if anything Wario would be a Jewish stereotype...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I thought if anything Wario would be a Jewish stereotype...

:thejoke:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope I can tap my Wario amiibo to get him as a buddy. No custom animations or anything, just stretch a Wario model into the Wolf Link skeleton and keep the animations as they are.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope I can tap my Wario amiibo to get him as a buddy. No custom animations or anything, just stretch a Wario model into the Wolf Link skeleton and keep the animations as they are.

i want kirby

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Arcland posted:

TP is sooo ugly. To me it's main redeeming characteristic is that it has a good soundtrack, but WW has an amazing soundtrack as well that overshadows TP.
I'm replaying it ATM, and something I don't often see mentioned is that the enemy AI is pretty neat - if you snipe a bokoblin his buddies nearby often run over to see what happened to him.

Not smart on their part, since they set themselves up for a bomb arrow, but I'm all about easy bokoblin genocide, so....

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like the creepy look of TP i think it does "a world covered in shadows and fear" pretty well.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just brought light to Kakariko Village in TP (Wii). Playing this after Skyward Sword is an experience, though not a great one. SS, I think, perfects the issues I'm having with TP.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BillmasterCozb posted:

i mean, everyone hated a certain upcoming metroid game after a 30 second trailer

I am actually looking forward to it.

Can't be as bad as Other M at any rate.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm trying to think of all of the pig Ganon appearances and there's a bit, but only three games where he even has color (LOZ, LTTP, FSA); I guess maybe he looked up art for Ganon or something.

The linked Oracle games :colbert:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zack Ater posted:

The linked Oracle games :colbert:

Was he blue there? I can't remember but I don't even know if I got to do that because of the whole link bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Was he blue there? I can't remember but I don't even know if I got to do that because of the whole link bullshit.

He's monochromatic, but yes.