Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Goldeneye I guess

yah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
snes doom, turok 64

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

mine was wolfenstein 3d

I'd say it was for a lot of people, it was for me. I doubt you'll find many who played Ultima Underworld, first.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Halo: Combat Evolved. It was the first game to make me want to play something other than a Nintendo game in my young life.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
anyone else play Marathon and Marathon II on a super beige mid-90s mac? that was my first fps

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Halo: Combat Evolved. It was the first game to make me want to play something other than a Nintendo game in my young life.
drat... I thought my answer gave me away as a youngster.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Probably Descent here, OP, if that counts.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My dad always got really motion sick from any game with a 3D camera and would get nauseous watching me play like Banjo-Kazooie but he was obsessed with Descent and we played through the game with him never having problems which is kind of mind blowing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

My dad always got really motion sick from any game with a 3D camera and would get nauseous watching me play like Banjo-Kazooie but he was obsessed with Descent and we played through the game with him never having problems which is kind of mind blowing
my dad's Gaming With Me career began with Mario 64, which was my first game which I owned, and ended with Lylat Wars, the second game I owned. It went like this:

Mario 64: dad helped me through every step of the way, got really into it, we both got stuck on the last Bowser level and I came downstairs one morning at 7am before school to discover that he had stayed up all night drinking coffee and muttering "I'm going to get him. I'm going to get the bastard", and he did, and I was proud.

Lylat Wars: "oh, Jesus Christ, what is that? What's happening? It's all just weird shapes to me. I can't see anything on there. That gives me a headache. I can't play these video games anymore" and he never did.

dads are cool

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

mine was wolfenstein 3d

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My dad kicked my rear end daily at Tiger Woods Golf on the SNES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or it may have been PGA Tour Golf at that point still. I don't remember exactly.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
My first shooter was Overwatch.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

my dad's Gaming With Me career began with Mario 64, which was my first game which I owned, and ended with Lylat Wars, the second game I owned. It went like this:

Mario 64: dad helped me through every step of the way, got really into it, we both got stuck on the last Bowser level and I came downstairs one morning at 7am before school to discover that he had stayed up all night drinking coffee and muttering "I'm going to get him. I'm going to get the bastard", and he did, and I was proud.

Lylat Wars: "oh, Jesus Christ, what is that? What's happening? It's all just weird shapes to me. I can't see anything on there. That gives me a headache. I can't play these video games anymore" and he never did.

dads are cool

Sonic the Hedgehog "What are these... cock rings? Nope, too small."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My dad went in his room once and left his Warcraft 2 game up and I wanted to help him so I built him a farm but when he came out he started yelling at me because it was in the path of his peasants to the gold mine.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In multiplayer WC2 he only wanted to play jimland.pud and he was a god at it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He also ran a LAN game of diablo 2 for about 6 months straight and would go into Open B.net and see what kind of hacked hosed up items he could find and then bring them back and dump them in the game and if you walked by the computer hosting it the whole ground of the rogue camp is just mountains of items. He loved putting the really crazy poo poo on his Act 5 mercenary and just strolling through the cow level over and over again.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

He also ran a LAN game of diablo 2 for about 6 months straight and would go into Open B.net and see what kind of hacked hosed up items he could find and then bring them back and dump them in the game and if you walked by the computer hosting it the whole ground of the rogue camp is just mountains of items. He loved putting the really crazy poo poo on his Act 5 mercenary and just strolling through the cow level over and over again.

making a hacked character in D2 open battlenet and just owning the endgame content was some win

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pewdiepie posted:

Show Us Sonic's Dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku