Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Look at that meatloaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Yobgoblin posted:

Look at that meatloaf

My god... it's filled with ketchup

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Can you believe that was procedurally generated? That's right, a human being had no part in the construction of that alien space turd, it was all algorithms and math! this is why you should stay in school, perhaps one day you'll be the next programming wiz that comes up with an even better alien space turd generation algorithm

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i saw it elsewhere w/the caption "captains log"

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Sometimes after playing GTA for hours I would leave the house and feel like stealing cars and robbing people. After so many hours of NMS I stepped outside today and thought okay good temperature, no radiation or bio suits needed, Ooo there's even a moon! Flora and fauna: abundant. Sweet.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Frog Act posted:

i saw it elsewhere w/the caption "captains log"

you can paint your ship in no man's sky

you can paint the little hole near where your toilet comes out "captain's logs"

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
sup thread

Oh, me? Just mining gold and heredium at the same time while watching two purple Chinese dragon things float along in the background

P.S. :350:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Sometimes after playing GTA for hours I would leave the house and feel like stealing cars and robbing people. After so many hours of NMS I stepped outside today and thought okay good temperature, no radiation or bio suits needed, Ooo there's even a moon! Flora and fauna: abundant. Sweet.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
apparently the steam version is completely broken. gay game

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

HolePisser1982 posted:

Nice thanks for the update. Also you don't need to sign your posts around here.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Bill Barber posted:

Nice thanks for the update. Also you don't need to sign your posts around here.
please keep All Flamewars and Insults in FYAD thank u thi is a troll free zone

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lowtax posted:

please keep All Flamewars and Insults in FYAD thank u thi is a troll free zone

thanks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You can't do anything in No Man's Sky

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

To the No Man's Sky Haters...

You.
Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.
Tread lightly.
You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.
I pity you.
I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.
I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way I'm uninstalling Call of Duty those games take like a billion hours to download.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Who wants to Man's forever? Who dares to Man's forever?

Dec 26, 2012

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
do you ever meet the women who own the sky (it's implied by the title that there is a misandrist narrative and men are not allowed in the sky)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

do you ever meet the women who own the sky (it's implied by the title that there is a misandrist narrative and men are not allowed in the sky)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's a question of ownership, not gender. gently caress.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the losers that pirate the game and cant patch it dont deserve entrance to gaming's majesty. let em crash, Ha ha ha

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

Mods.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You.
Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention.
Tread lightly.
You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.
I pity you.
I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.
I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

ah, sorry

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kazvall posted:

It's a question of ownership, not gender. gently caress.
it's a n ironic typo. there are no "mans" in the sky because theres nothing there.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

the losers that pirate the game and cant patch it dont deserve entrance to gaming's majesty. let em crash, Ha ha ha

It's p. obvious from the cryfest they're throwing on the Steam reviews page that the PC Master Race crowd doesn't have the combined IQ to understand what's so amazing about the infinite galaxies Sean has created in No Man's Sky.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
muh nomans.....

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You.
Tread lightly.
I pity you.

this

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You.
Tread lightly.
I pity you.

shazbot

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

that's a donut

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This game is fairly chill but I don't know how long it's going to be any fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread