Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

YoshiOfYellow posted:

From the latest episode, if you look closely while Smoky is rescuing Garnet and Pearl...

Even when things are collapsing Garnet can't stop being so drat proud and happy.

On the same note, did you see her in the preview of Stevonnie fighing the Holo-Pearl?

Garnet is the proudest fusion mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Aristide posted:

Now if only we could go full anime and get a Peridot nenedroid in the works or a 45 minuet OVA based on the Highschool AU promo art~

I just want figures that are really, really good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nendoroids would be perfect for SU honestly, although if they wanted more realistic figures they could contact the division of Good Smile that does Figma.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVe9N6yx0oc

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
Honestly when are they gonna get Janelle Monáe a guest spot on this show

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm going to be so disappointed when this doesn't happen. :negative:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

HighwireAct posted:

Holding out for Blue Diamond :swoon:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Monsieur with these gifs you're really spoiling us!

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
What kind of fusion could Lady Leshurr voice?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Connie Maheswaran voiced by Grace Rolek

Connie is Steven's best friend and possible crush.

Possible? Back in Steven's Birthday his big concern about possible immortality was that it might derail his life plan to be Connie's husband during her (surely inevitable) presidency.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gotta love Garnet freaking out and shaking Pearl after Smoky Quartz forms.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The promo for the weekly episodes has some interesting footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp24HfjNrjk

Oh man Garnet cheerleading for Stevonnie :swoon:
Proud Mom Garnet is the best Garnet

Augus fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 13, 2016

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I'm happy to see some of Sardonyx's flaws inthis episode. Until now, of the non Garnet fusions we've only really seen Sugilite mess up, so Its cool seeing Sardonyx get a bit roo i to herself at others expense.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HighwireAct posted:

When pictures of Sardonyx first leaked, I tought "Janelle Monae would be perfect for her."

I maintain she would have done a good job but man, Alexia Khadime does such a good job of being a perfect mix between Garnet and Pearl.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I understand it's not easy to schedule Nikki Minaj but I really hope they come up with a reason to bring back Sugalite for more than an silent cameo at least once. I want them to have to fight something that requires Sugilite's size, weapon and recklessness. Her design is too cool to be used as little as it has

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TwoPair posted:

Possible? Back in Steven's Birthday his big concern about possible immortality was that it might derail his life plan to be Connie's husband during her (surely inevitable) presidency.

Hell they've almost kissed like 3 or 4 times by now, magic stuff keeps interrupting though(I can't imagine it being all that much longer before they successfully do though)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Macaluso posted:

I understand it's not easy to schedule Nikki Minaj but I really hope they come up with a reason to bring back Sugalite for more than an silent cameo at least once. I want them to have to fight something that requires Sugilite's size, weapon and recklessness. Her design is too cool to be used as little as it has

Honestly they should just recast her at this point, same with Opal

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen, and the closest I've come to considering giving up my powerleveling catz

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Pick posted:

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen, and the closest I've come to considering giving up my powerleveling catz

Fun fact: when I made this I couldn't find or draw a Jasper arm that I was happy with. What you see there is actually Lapis disrespecting a spray-tanned Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cryophage posted:

Fun fact: when I made this I couldn't find or draw a Jasper arm that I was happy with. What you see there is actually Lapis disrespecting a spray-tanned Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

incredible

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Cryophage posted:

that makes it even better

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The promo for the weekly episodes has some interesting footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp24HfjNrjk

Oh my god Stevonnie is straight up dressed as VEGITO :swoon: and Steven's Ultraman

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mercury Hat posted:

Quoting from last thread to say me too, but that's because I get a weird Kirby vibe from them.

Clearly all of the Steven-gem fusions are going to be Kirby weapons. Fusing with Amethyst makes yoyo, with Pearl makes umbrella, and with Garnet makes SUPLEX.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

NOOOOO
ONEEEEEE
Slick as Jasper
No one's quick as Jasper
No one's neck is incredibly thick like Jasper's

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Begemot posted:

Clearly all of the Steven-gem fusions are going to be Kirby weapons. Fusing with Amethyst makes yoyo, with Pearl makes umbrella, and with Garnet makes SUPLEX.

Peridot makes UFO

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Begemot posted:

It would actually be amazing if this ended up being the case

Though I think with Pearl she'll pull out her spear, attach the shield to the top and form a microphone and do the shouty microphone powerup

edit:

http://redkatherinee.tumblr.com/post/148838135509/d

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 13, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I was hoping we'd go to Smoky Quartz's room so she could understand herself that way. Maybe it will occur to them later.

what we really learned though is that gem tech is kind of not thought through that well... between fusion rooms that collapse if a fusion splits in it, training holograms that kill the user, and the endless nightmares that can happen in Rose's room.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Funky Valentine posted:

NOOOOO
ONEEEEEE
Slick as Jasper
No one's quick as Jasper
No one's neck is incredibly thick like Jasper's
I need fanart of Jasper as Gaston and Eyeball as Lefou, STAT.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
I also felt weird with this episode, like Sardonyx was almost a little TOO overbearing, and some of the meta references were a little too on the nose. If you're at the point where you're joking about how expensive it is to bring it a guest voice, it might be time to consider finding a new voice.

And on the promo I super look forward to seeing more Stevonnie, but two things about that made me think: First, it's super weird that Lapis and Peridot don't appear at all, so maybe they're getting new outfits soon? And second, I got super worried that the light thing with Sapphire is maybe her seeing some kind of corruption song thing, based on what we know from Captain Centipeedle

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So is Steven's room blank because that's what it was like for Rose, or was it blank because that's how the rooms initially are and Steven just hasn't built it up?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

I was hoping we'd go to Smoky Quartz's room so she could understand herself that way. Maybe it will occur to them later.

what we really learned though is that gem tech is kind of not thought through that well... between fusion rooms that collapse if a fusion splits in it, training holograms that kill the user, and the endless nightmares that can happen in Rose's room.

Speaking of Rose's room, with how the temple seems to be able to make new rooms on the fly to suit a fusion, it seems like Rose's room just gave her and now Steven more conscious control over that aspect of the temple.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Macaluso posted:

It would actually be amazing if this ended up being the case

Though I think with Pearl she'll pull out her spear, attach the shield to the top and form a microphone and do the shouty microphone powerup

edit:

http://redkatherinee.tumblr.com/post/148838135509/d

I fully endorse Space Jam 2.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Better yet, White Diamond is a fusion of all the other diamonds (they reassemble Pink or spend thousands of years slowly crafting a new one), and the whole thing is the dance they do.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Lauren Zuke is one of the best writers/boarders on the show and I'm pissed off beyond belief because literal children accused her of queerbaiting and bullied her off Twitter, loving hell

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Human Jasper.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly they should just recast her at this point, same with Opal

It sucks because Nicki Minaj and Aimee Mann are two of my absolute favorite musicians and we barely get to hear from them/Opal/Sugilite as a result :sigh:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Chibs posted:

Lauren Zuke is one of the best writers/boarders on the show and I'm pissed off beyond belief because literal children accused her of queerbaiting and bullied her off Twitter, loving hell

hahaha why are people fighting about amedot vs lapidot why not ship both idiots

and harassing Lauren zuke about it is just...lol...dumbasses

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Say Nothing posted:

Human Jasper.

It would make my day to see Jasper F5 someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Troposphere posted:

hahaha why are people fighting about amedot vs lapidot why not ship both idiots

This sentence makes me want to blow up the world.