Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DrManiac posted:

This is the reason why I never used 70% of the real robots.

On a related note how do you use fortegigas? I haven't found anyone that will pilot it or any mech that transforms into it.

The Foregigas can only be piloted by Josh. Rim or Glacies can be the subpilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I could well be missing something, and I've not tried experimenting with it myself yet, but does the SRX have any interactions with the R-Gun Powered or the ART-1? I decided since I picked the "super" route at the start I should just go whole hog with Super Robots everywhere, so devoting yet more deployment slots to feed the SRX isn't too much of an issue for me quite yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I could well be missing something, and I've not tried experimenting with it myself yet, but does the SRX have any interactions with the R-Gun Powered or the ART-1? I decided since I picked the "super" route at the start I should just go whole hog with Super Robots everywhere, so devoting yet more deployment slots to feed the SRX isn't too much of an issue for me quite yet.

The SRX has a combo attack with the R-Gun, the strongest combo attack in the game. It has no interactions with the ART-1, only the R-1 does there.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I pretty much avoid the SRX too in OG games until the last stages but some of the SR points in MD have caused me to say No Mercy to this game so I've been bringing it more often.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah having 10 teams to deploy and then needing to find 3 slots in there for Ryusei+Rai+Aya sucks right now. Not that it matters really because Ryusei doesn't even have TK level 4 to be able to use the big move. The forced deployment stage for SRX team even has them all instantly combine before you get to move them! Rampage Ghost, Tornado Blade and TBS with the occasional EDN thrown in from Arierre is doing fine though. I was gonna say that I was sure that by this point in 2ndOG we were up to 15 teams but at this point in 2ndOG I'd be just past the La Gias part and 2 stages deep in the only 5 people available event stages so. But once everyone was back together it was 15 (including forced deploys) before opening up more for the last 5 or so stages.

There's like 5 more teams worth of dudes I wanna deploy. I'm gonna have to kick out Alfimi for Soulsaber because it 's their debut and I feel bad benching them!

I wish the Boxer had an ALL attack.

MarsDragon posted:

Hell no, I want to be able to use the AR-series.

But also on the other hand I want to do this also and I suppose someone has to get cut somewhere.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think part of the problem with the slot limit for me right now is the amount of new/returning units. In terms of new there's Soulsaber, Granteed, Bellzelute, Haken, and I'm gonna add Yon to that list 'cause I didn't play Dark Prison. Then on top of that, Rio and Ryoto finally got their good units back and I want to use them again. Throw in the Grungust Type 2 and that's...a sizeable list of units I don't want to bench just because I want to actually have some time with them, and not benching them means some tough choices when it comes to my favorites.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I changed my mind again, chapter 27 is the worst SR Point in the world.

If there's a worse one coming, do not tell me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

I changed my mind again, chapter 27 is the worst SR Point in the world.

If there's a worse one coming, do not tell me.

Huh, you mean the one where the Hagane has to get to the spot in time? I honestly don't recall anything tricky about that one.

Edit: You can also get it by destroying all the enemies IIRC

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, you mean the one where the Hagane has to get to the spot in time? I honestly don't recall anything tricky about that one.

Edit: You can also get it by destroying all the enemies IIRC

Nope, the one after that. I took my last screenshot from it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

Nope, the one after that. I took my last screenshot from it.

Oh, the Soulsaber stage?

I actually found that one less annoying than the Huckebein stage because the enemy priority is different so it was easier to get them to target Hagane or Soulsaber and I could move Hagane over to use repair on the one they did keep targeting. It gets a lot shittier once reinforcements show up but at least by then you have twenty people with trust to make them tank it.

No "protect the NPC' stage is good though.

Edit: What the hell is the point of the Coustwell Brachium? I unlocked it and despite apparently being a secret mecha it's way shittier than either of the other J mecha despite being pilot locked even discounting that it begins unupgraded

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 11, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Coustwell Brachium is actually better than the Granteed Dracodeus up until the penultimate stage of the game, where the Dracodeus finally unlocks its finisher. The Bellzelute Brigandi shits all over it though.

Its real point was to enable the sublime glory of Crazy Jua-Mu though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It doesn't even get its finishers, which is a goddamn travesty.

They better give them to it in the next game I swear to loving god.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think part of the problem with the slot limit for me right now is the amount of new/returning units. In terms of new there's Soulsaber, Granteed, Bellzelute, Haken, and I'm gonna add Yon to that list 'cause I didn't play Dark Prison. Then on top of that, Rio and Ryoto finally got their good units back and I want to use them again. Throw in the Grungust Type 2 and that's...a sizeable list of units I don't want to bench just because I want to actually have some time with them, and not benching them means some tough choices when it comes to my favorites.

I had Katina + Tasuku in the Boxers until the 2 Grungust Type 2 turned up and now I have Viletta in the Gunner and nobody is in a Boxer!!! What's even the point. Maybe I'll put Katina in the Type 3 or Grungust kai and Irm can Boxer?? I've got Leona in the ExExbein instead of Ing even though she is 100% a worse choice right now because of Continuous Action I like her way more

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sanger vs Al-Van is a thing that is happening on my screen at this very moment and it's beautiful and the best and I love it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only time i ever brought out the srx is original og2 because there werent really a better 4 units after the other 12 slots are filled.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, the Soulsaber stage?

I actually found that one less annoying than the Huckebein stage because the enemy priority is different so it was easier to get them to target Hagane or Soulsaber and I could move Hagane over to use repair on the one they did keep targeting. It gets a lot shittier once reinforcements show up but at least by then you have twenty people with trust to make them tank it.

No "protect the NPC' stage is good though.

Edit: What the hell is the point of the Coustwell Brachium? I unlocked it and despite apparently being a secret mecha it's way shittier than either of the other J mecha despite being pilot locked even discounting that it begins unupgraded

Once the Hiryu shows up all the NPCs are overflowing with courage, some of them started attacking Vort on their own turns and he kills them at obnoxiously high health with no non-Confused chance to miss. You can make them tank it, it's just frustrating. Lamalice Carna are less reliable suicide even for those poo poo-rear end Huckies.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I used SRX a decent amount in OG2nd because its combo attack with R-Gun is a great way to burst down pesky bosses who would otherwise run. I've not really had the space for it so far in MD though.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sakura Wars 1 stream going up in a few!

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Good news everyone! The Collector's Edition English Version is back in stock. If everyone hasn't gotten the game yet, now's the perfect time before the stock is gone again.
Yes I bought it and now I am eagerly awaiting the game.
Cannot wait to clown robots in the Bellzelute.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
So. What the heck is Irm's "Big Service" meant to be? And I'm having trouble figuring out "All you need is fire and pierce!" as well. I think I get what he's going for.

Katina yelling "I should have got on the one with drills" when you do the G-Combi attack in the Grungust Type 3 and yelling at Russell to get a grindstone when she does it's finisher are incredible though.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
サービス roughly means "on the house". It's a cheeky way of saying "and here's another one!"

"Fire and pierce" is one of Kyosuke's catchphrases, the one associated with Revolver Stake/Bunker - どんな装甲だろうと撃ち貫くのみ (no matter the armor, all I have to do is shoot through).

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Caphi posted:

"Fire and pierce" is one of Kyosuke's catchphrases, the one associated with Revolver Stake/Bunker - どんな装甲だろうと撃ち貫くのみ (no matter the armor, all I have to do is shoot through).

Yeah, the "fire and pierce" one is funny because if you're familiar with the Japanese phrase you know exactly what it's supposed to be. Which just makes it sound even sillier. "RIP AND TEAR!"

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That's pretty much what I thought for Kyosuke. Thank you wonderful language friends!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Man, these final bosses spamming Iron Wall multiple times is really not fun!

E: doing new game + now, it says it carries over "AP", what's that?

KoB fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 13, 2016

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

KoB posted:

I think it's credits.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

AP are the points you use to buy and sell Abilities, that subsystem they introduced in OG2nd where every unit and pilot has those tag things attached and you can rearrange them to get better effects.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It says something about dark prison that AP were introduced there and I thought it was talking about credits the entire time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Which Super Robot Spirits live album is the best? I have the 1999 and 2003 just because they were what was at the used CD store.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

KoB posted:

I hope they were nice enough to give us a Mindblast to deal with the spells otherwise that's gonna be hell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know, people say Calvina comes out worse in MD but I honestly don't think so, unless it changes at the very very end. I'm like a stage or two away from the finish and she basically carries the entire early-game plot (whereas Touya is "Granteed can't be captur... oh poo poo they captured Granteed again!") and once she gets over her revenge she becomes hyper-competent and honestly super reasonable. I particularly like how her response to Ju-Mu fighting for his family is "Yeah, a lot of people are fighting for their families, why does that excuse what he did?"

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
My problem is just that the Granteed is supposed to be the big important powerful doom machine but it's actually really bad. It's very slow and its weapons are unwieldy. If it was actually impressive I'd be a little more inclined to get invested in Touya, like with Ing. Is the upgrade any better about this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

My problem is just that the Granteed is supposed to be the big important powerful doom machine but it's actually really bad. It's very slow and its weapons are unwieldy. If it was actually impressive I'd be a little more inclined to get invested in Touya, like with Ing. Is the upgrade any better about this?

The upgrade is way better, yeah. It's unkillable and hits like a tank, has actual range for post-movement abilities and eventually gets 3 pilots.

However Calvina's robot is still better.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

ImpAtom posted:

You know, people say Calvina comes out worse in MD but I honestly don't think so, unless it changes at the very very end. I'm like a stage or two away from the finish and she basically carries the entire early-game plot (whereas Touya is "Granteed can't be captur... oh poo poo they captured Granteed again!") and once she gets over her revenge she becomes hyper-competent and honestly super reasonable. I particularly like how her response to Ju-Mu fighting for his family is "Yeah, a lot of people are fighting for their families, why does that excuse what he did?"

No one liked Calvina for being super reasonable.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MarsDragon posted:

This.

Still super annoyed I can't put her in Granteed and have her and Katina be anger-buddies in large super robots.

That said what worked for Calvina in J was that she started off rather...melancholy, I guess, and then the righteous loving anger happened after Al-Van showed up. In MD she starts off with the anger and I think that's a detriment. .

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

"Calvina is super angry, chills out" is her plot in the original too though. Like yeah she's super angry and revenge focused but she gets over it enough to get focused.

She also doesn't like... get less angry? She's still being righteously angry all the way to the end of the game, she just stops screaming and charging at people. Like I said when she encounters Ju-Mu her response is "Yeah, it sucks for you, but you're actually a crazy murderer trying to justify your actions and I'm going to put you down like a dog."

Like when I say "super-reasonable" I mean "she focuses her anger on shitheads" instead of refusing to listen when someone is talking to her. If people preferred the Calvina who snapped at people on a whim that's fine I guess but also seems like a fairly unsustainable character.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 13, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
Resuming my stream from stage 19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knf9bEb4EuA

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Did the text of that Lamalice' cry just change mid-line?

e: no it made another noise my bad, it looked wrong for the text to change right there though

Caphi fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 14, 2016

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Caphi posted:

Did the text of that Lamalice' cry just change mid-line?

Uuuuh > Baaa > Gauuh

Lamalice have a bunch of silly quotes for their noises.

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 14, 2016

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Are the Lamalice from anything or are they new like the Yokojin from 2nd OGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Are the Lamalice from anything or are they new like the Yokojin from 2nd OGs

The Youkijin in 2ndOG weren't exactly new. Lamalice are completely original.

• Locked thread