Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ghostwritingduck posted:

I hope the show is doing well enough for HBO. I absolutely love it.

It's already all filmed so they're going to air it no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

It's already all filmed so they're going to air it no matter what.

Like the entire five season run that I want from this show? Impressive.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I hated Eastbound and Down, but this has been so loving fantastic.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hollismason posted:

I hated Eastbound and Down, but this has been so loving fantastic.

Oh my god it's like a unicorn

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Last Chance posted:

Like the entire five season run that I want from this show? Impressive.

If you mean that they already filmed both seasons then yes.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If you mean that they already filmed both seasons then yes.

Oh, nice.

Edit: to clarify to anyone else who might be confused: according to Wikipedia they are splitting 18 already filmed episodes into two seasons.

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 9, 2016

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is our home now.

drat good episode

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

This is our home now.

drat good episode

/mouths "bitch" as he walks past the Percival principal and her in-vitro child

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the facial expressions Goggins can pull off are incredible; he does this quick switch from "gently caress!" to "psh" during the acid trip after the goat freaks him out. it's perfection.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Acid trip, Browns kids, we live down here now, amazing episode

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

It also looks like we're going to return to the Mid-Century Sea Ranch and get more of a study on Russell next ep.

I'm a fan of how they're alternately humanizing and demonizing each character: it only makes the conflict more interesting, as you can draw your own conclusions as to who is the true hero (something most reviewers aren't doing, if the volume of "GAMBY AND RUSSELL ARE RACIST TRUMP-VOTING DUDEBROS FOR TRYING TO REMOVE A STRONG WOMAN OF COLOR FROM THE POSITION SHE GOT BY MERIT!" takes from popular websites are any indication).

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
McBride and Goggins tripping balls at a HS football game is a thing that I didn't even know that I needed in my life.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Goggins is this show's MVP. He plays the "sniveling backstabbing weasel" part so well.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

It also looks like we're going to return to the Mid-Century Sea Ranch and get more of a study on Russell next ep.

I'm a fan of how they're alternately humanizing and demonizing each character: it only makes the conflict more interesting, as you can draw your own conclusions as to who is the true hero (something most reviewers aren't doing, if the volume of "GAMBY AND RUSSELL ARE RACIST TRUMP-VOTING DUDEBROS FOR TRYING TO REMOVE A STRONG WOMAN OF COLOR FROM THE POSITION SHE GOT BY MERIT!" takes from popular websites are any indication).

From the first episode, it seemed like Dr. Brown was as good if not better a player than either Gamby or Russell. I was kind of surprised at how far she fell before she turned it around. The latest episode made me feel like our protagonists are even more villainous than I had originally perceived them to be.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe it's because I've seen a lot of Jody Hill's stuff, but I pretty much pegged Brown as the hero from the get go. I'm kinda surprised it took people this long to even feel anything for her, and not consider Gamby and Russell straight up villains. They were pieces of poo poo from the very first scene.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
SLEEP MOTHERFUCKER!!!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Good job, Russell.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The circle scenes were loving great.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
I was kind of sad that The Brink got canceled but this show is more than making up for it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I really hope there are horrible consequences to Russel sucker punching that unconscious guy in the head with brass knuckles. I feel like if any show were going to have that punch line end up with a horrible outcome it'd be a Jody Hill show. This whole episode was just loving great. The dialogue in these series just loving kills me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo I was crying laughing

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Another week, another affirmation of Walton Goggins: Best in Show.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hang in there Mr Gamby :)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to go ahead and agree with DeShawn.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chekov's Brass Knuckles

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

"I never go out to the woods, everybody knows that about me!"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Anyone else going to have that song stuck in their head all day?

I'm... busted. Busted by lee russell

https://streamable.com/2bzj

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Chromatic posted:

Anyone else going to have that song stuck in their head all day?

I'm... busted. Busted by lee russell

https://streamable.com/2bzj

Thank god.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Episode was excellent as always, but I gotta admit it seemed a bit out of character for Lee to be so utterly dominated by his neighbor (until the end at least). He lit Dr. Brown's house on fire, why wouldn't he just do something way diabolically and anonymously over the line to him like he did to her?

I mean jesus, calling the cops on him? That didn't seem like something he would do. Although it did produce the excellent scene where he's making up a "you got busted" song while kneeling on his own carpet in the dark, so that's good at least.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

timp posted:

Episode was excellent as always, but I gotta admit it seemed a bit out of character for Lee to be so utterly dominated by his neighbor (until the end at least). He lit Dr. Brown's house on fire, why wouldn't he just do something way diabolically and anonymously over the line to him like he did to her?

I mean jesus, calling the cops on him? That didn't seem like something he would do. Although it did produce the excellent scene where he's making up a "you got busted" song while kneeling on his own carpet in the dark, so that's good at least.

Clearly his problems with women in authority don't extend to men in authority.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

timp posted:

Should have spit in his boombox

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

timp posted:

I thought it made perfect sense. As you said the stuff hes done thus far to Dr. Brown he did anonymously. He can't really handle direct confrontations outside of sniping back and forth with Gamby, and in his world thats usually the only kinds of confrontations he has to deal with. With his neighbor he doesn't have the luxury of plotting his revenge and doing it over time. He didn't want to look like a punk in front of his wife and mother in law (even though hes a dick to them usually) and he couldn't put it off because she kept asking him to go out there and talk to him. Gym-bro showing up in the supermarket to harass his wife finally got him to do what? Attack a radio and posture that he was too crazy to mess with anymore?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

timp posted:

Because he's afraid of getting his rear end kicked. Look at that physique.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I loving lost it at the close-up of knowing nods during the circles scene. Some bizarre after school special poo poo going on with the music in the background, all backing a discussion about the "flavor of young boys' penises."

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
When he opens the fridge to fill the pillowcase with cans and the fridge is filled with cans of LaCroix I absolutely loving lost it

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Do we just sit on bean bags and discuss the flavor of young boys' penises?

Goggins and McBride are goddamn national treasures

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 16, 2016

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"That was really good. You should sign up for creative writing."
Gambie's moment in the circle with that student was a welcome little taste of how he could be a great vice principal if he'd only calm the hell down.
Russell's "Sleep, motherfucker!" was such a hilariously, beautifully unearned moment and the swagger he walked off with was incredible.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

the escape goat posted:

"That was really good. You should sign up for creative writing."
Gambie's moment in the circle with that student was a welcome little taste of how he could be a great vice principal if he'd only calm the hell down.
Russell's "Sleep, motherfucker!" was such a hilariously, beautifully unearned moment and the swagger he walked off with was incredible.

Going to make the next episode where consequently gets hauled off to jail a lot more depressing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MiddleOne posted:

Going to make the next episode where consequently gets hauled off to jail a lot more depressing.

Chekov's murder one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Russell's "gently caress where's my cigarette!" line when they are in the woods is so funny, rewound that part like 4 times

• Locked thread