Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Why was anyone mad about Lapis and Peridot? Because they're cute??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

thechosenone posted:

Why was anyone mad about Lapis and Peridot? Because they're cute??

Some people were mad because they thought the sort of "domestic" depictions of Lapis and Peridot were making fun of gay couples. Somehow.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
also they want peridot and amethyst to kiss

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Bwuh... buhbuhbuh... I... but wasn't that adorable????!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Troposphere posted:

also they want peridot and amethyst to kiss

I can at least und-wait, peridot and AMYTHYST? Why?!

EDIT: so, like, angry perithyst shippers caused this?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pakled posted:

Some people were mad because they thought the sort of "domestic" depictions of Lapis and Peridot were making fun of gay couples. Somehow.

obviously gay women can't be trusted to write about gay women we should leave that to the straight men

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

thechosenone posted:

anime trope

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

thechosenone posted:

Remember when Peridot landed on top of Amethyst in too far that one time? So it was clearly an indication they're destined to be together and Lauren Zuke joining the show is obviously the reason they're not because she likes having Lapis and Peridot hang out and be domestic and it's totally queerbaiting the fans who know Peridot and Amethyst are the true gay.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 13, 2016

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Remember when Peridot landed on top of Amethyst in too far that one time? So it was clearly an indication they're destined to be together and Lauren Zuke joining the show is obviously the reason they're not because she likes having Lapis and Peridot hang out and be domestic and it's totally queerbaiting the fans who know Peridot and Amethyst are the true gay.

Perithyst is a poo poo tier ship, Lapidot is the OTP, as only Peridot's boundless energy and desire to be friends + large amounts of old tv shows and anime can guide Lapis Lazuli out of her shell.

^
actual feelings on this, don't fkuc wit me boi, I'll cut a biyatch.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Why can't people just appreciate a pair of zany roommates

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They're in the shorty squad together, is that not enough?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

thechosenone posted:

Perithyst is a poo poo tier ship, Lapidot is the OTP, as only Peridot's boundless energy and desire to be friends + large amounts of old tv shows and anime can guide Lapis Lazuli out of her shell.

^
actual feelings on this, don't fkuc wit me boi, I'll cut a biyatch.

:same:

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Doesn't have to be romantic. Not much difference anyway.

EDIT: like, the only thing I would miss would be like a one off scene, where lapis would perhaps kiss peri on the forehead, which is as far as any respectable shipper should go.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

(sits in rocking chair, looks at horizon wistfully)

son, let me tell you about the halcyon days of Jasperdot, long gone now... long gone

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I like this show and don't give a flying gently caress about shipping. I think everyone should fuse with everyone so we get more kicking rad music from Aivi and Surasshu.

Speaking of which, know your fusion has some awesome tunes. I loved the remixes of the Opal and Sardonyx themes.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Honestly, just take my thoughts on lapidot, and replace Lapis with Jasper, and Peridot with Ruby Squad, and you have my opinions on Jasper ships. Except it would definitely be platonic there.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

JT Jag posted:

(sits in rocking chair, looks at horizon wistfully)

son, let me tell you about the halcyon days of Jasperdot, long gone now... long gone

Someone actually shipped Jasperdot for real?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
jaspearl is good, Pearl needs a new big momma to pine over

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Eela6 posted:

I like this show and don't give a flying gently caress about shipping. I think everyone should fuse with everyone so we get more kicking rad music from Aivi and Surasshu.

Speaking of which, know your fusion has some awesome tunes. I loved the remixes of the Opal and Sardonyx themes.

Counterpoint: what you said implies at least platonic shipping everyone with everyone else.

Face it, Fusion means shipping. Give in to the darkness.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

gmq posted:

dude someone has shipped every character together on this show

at least the gems idk if there's any like Greg/mayor Dewey devotees

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wasn't on the lapidot train until Beta, now I want them to be gay meepmorp making nerds forever.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Troposphere posted:

jaspearl is good, Pearl needs a new big momma to pine over

I respectfully disagree. Pearl hates the gently caress out of some Jasper. She doesn't even Spades Jasper.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

thechosenone posted:

I respectfully disagree. Pearl hates the gently caress out of some Jasper. She doesn't even Spades Jasper.

paging pick to tell you how wrong you are

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
much like homestuck, this show was made for maximum shipping possibilities

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Prove it. (shots fired)

Seriously though I guess if Jasperdemption DOES happen Pearl might be able to Spades her

PS I'm really enjoying posting with you guys. its fun to talk to people who all genuinely care about something you care about.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

gmq posted:

It was mostly a pre-tiny Peridot thing

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

brb let me go dig out my shipping chart

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Troposphere posted:

brb let me go dig out my shipping chart

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
don't need to write mine down:

Lapidot
Garnet
Pearl X some gem in the future in a casual relationship with them as equals (I want birdmom to find someone)
jasper X friendship with ruby squad

This is last second, but Thinking about it it would really be cool if Sadie hung out with jamie, if only to make lars shape up and not EVER be a buttface again.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Uhh, we all know Jasper is going to end up with Greg, It's like you people don't even watch this show!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
most of that Chart is a filthy pile of shifuck. the OTP are in line with what I think though, but only Amythyst x Pearl in a universe where the fusions are the children of their constituent gems, because them seeing off Opal on her first day of highschool sounds ADORABLE :syoon:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
you can tell I didn't actually make that chart because jaspis will always have a place in my heart

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Troposphere posted:

you can tell I didn't actually make that chart because jaspis will always have a place in my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WmaAl6hPzw

Do not ship an abusive relationship. I will skull-gently caress you.

I am an extremely moral shipper

I understand your desire to ship the big buff cheeto puff, but you know how I jested about pearl not wanting any of jasper? I'm pretty sure that is for real WRT Lapis. I'm pretty sure Peridot would forget her stature and leap to protect lapis from jasper if she appear before her. all lapis ships must deal with peridot before they can reach the goal and reel it in!

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 13, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

thechosenone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WmaAl6hPzw

Do not ship an abusive relationship. I will skull-gently caress you.

I am an extremely moral shipper

But it'll be different this time! Jasper has changed!

...and by changed I mean became a horrible corrupted gem monster.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
see the most recent edit to that post

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
DId I mention this is fun? Because realtalk, I really mean that, and, Real Talk, it makes me glad to actually talk Real Talk to folks, really.

even though there is a joke in there, I mean it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I ship Lapis with that one Ruby that seemed to really like her.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
More meta stuff: Someone pointed out on another site that apparently Garnet's line at the beginning of the show saying she couldn't ask Amethyst and Steven what they were hiding was a reference to some dated interview where Rebecca Sugar pointed out jokingly that Garnet never asks questions (not intentionally).

e: Jesus I missed nearly a whole page typing this. Are we doing shipping now? God almighty, what happened here?

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I think if jasp makes an effort to be changed and not be a creepy and depressed gem after having been cured maybe that'd reflect nicely as a way to improve after having made really bad choices for a long time. Like she'd have to live on a shack on watermelon island and learn how to help others. I'm talking penance and rehab.