Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i think the game is actually less fun to play than it looks like in videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it's supposed to be something that people who are easily blown away by sheer spectacle get into or something. It's cool being on a moon and seeing half the sky is your planet but so far doing stuff is meh.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Does "uploading" the discoveries even do something on the internet. A lot of this I just don't understand. I found a space palm tree that looks like something you would see on the Toy World map of Transport Tycoon.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Does "uploading" the discoveries even do something on the internet. A lot of this I just don't understand. I found a space palm tree that looks like something you would see on the Toy World map of Transport Tycoon.

i think it gives you money? i dunno, im playing the offline gog version

tip: combo melee button into jetpack boost to move at an okay speed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's a kazooie tree.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well here's the craziest thing I've found.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol. i also found a planet that had like swimming platypus that would just be floating on top of mountains near lakes. and this thing

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Is the whole game really orange or red looking? Or just these screenshots

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Aston posted:

There's a whole rainbow cornucopia of colors in No Man's Sky my man. Think of a color. Imagine it in your minds eye. Yup, there's a world with trees just like that in No Man's Sky. Go, and be free.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yobgoblin posted:

Look at that meatloaf

Climbin' up on salisbury hill

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Aston posted:

I found some other places with different colors. The real boring part is that so far every planet is kinda just a handful of modifiers thrown onto a homogeneous gigantic sphere where every 50 square miles or whatever might as well be the same as every 50 square miles. They don't even have biomes or anything. I didn't expect much more from it so it isn't really disappointing but it does make the posts about the game turning grown men cold and distant to their wives and children a lot cooler.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Here's my favorite animal I've seen but it tried to murder me so I had to kill it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

That planet needs censoring

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your mind isn't pure enough for this game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
It looks like a b-hole dude.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club posted:

your mind isn't pure enough for this game

This game isn't pure enough for my children

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Look it's called No Man's Sky, you're not supposed to look at the ground. You just don't get it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I found some other places with different colors. The real boring part is that so far every planet is kinda just a handful of modifiers thrown onto a homogeneous gigantic sphere where every 50 square miles or whatever might as well be the same as every 50 square miles. They don't even have biomes or anything. I didn't expect much more from it so it isn't really disappointing but it does make the posts about the game turning grown men cold and distant to their wives and children a lot cooler.

yeah it sucks that planets dont have different biomes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

also the flight model is extremely dissapointing

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I played this game for like 12 hours yesterday, so loving awesome. If you ever come across the Apetura Galaxy I left a whole bunch of resources in a chest on planet Trangis

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

im the chromatic aberration

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I'm trying so hard to convince myself that this isn't no man's sky, that the real no man's sky that we saw in the trailers is coming out at another time and this is something else...
I'm really disappointed, i was really looking forward to this.
But.. I'm hoping future updates will fix this mess and make it better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

/r/NeverBeMansSky

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

That planet needs censoring

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I need to look up some cheat engine stuff for this, having to constantly feed materials into your life support system is pointlessly annoying

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

I need to look up some cheat engine stuff for this, having to constantly feed materials into your life support system is pointlessly annoying

i found a life support upgrade that like, doubled its effective time

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I played this game for like 12 hours yesterday, so loving awesome. If you ever come across the Apetura Galaxy I left a whole bunch of resources in a chest on planet Trangis

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

This game is simply increidlbe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

HolePisser1982 posted:

help I'm playing a survival type game where the literal basic premise is gathering supplies to survive but I'm too loving retaarded to understand the basic core mechanic of the game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

bump_fn posted:

help I'm playing a survival type game where the literal basic premise is gathering supplies to survive but I'm too loving retaarded to understand the basic core mechanic of the game

i dont care what the makers of a creative work intend when it gets in the way of my enjoyment of it

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I repaired this ship and flew it to space, but it was half buried at the time and I didn't realize how stupid it was until I landed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bump_fn posted:

Maybe the mechanics shouldn't be boring

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

i dont care what the makers of a creative work intend when it gets in the way of my enjoyment of it

this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cool to know that the game isn't boring due to carelessness, but due to intent. Going to really reconsider how I feel about it now.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cool to know that the game isn't boring due to carelessness, but due to intent. Going to really reconsider how I feel about it now.

finally encapsulated how I feel about YOUR POSTING hahahah BIIIIITCH

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hizke posted:

finally encapsulated how I feel about YOUR POSTING hahahah BIIIIITCH
Hnnngh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Here's my favorite animal I've seen but it tried to murder me so I had to kill it.

pretty bizarre carnivore, i can see why elon musk , neil degreasse tyson aka epic black science man, and other genius's are enamored of this game

• Locked thread