Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 praying to El for advice on the Paebel problem

Also, you could pick up worse hobbies than knitting. It seemed to work wonders as a stress-relieving method for Ohone; maybe Enkidel should consider knitting a few scarves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

For what it's worth
No to praying to El about whether or not to alter Paebel's memories

For fucks sake, whether we do or we don't, make the decision and own up to it without trying to pawn the blame off on someone else. I'm getting tired of trying to get someone to validate every single choice we make before we make it.

"Ur Loops, or Kadmonim Puffs for breakfast? Better erect an altar to El and ask someone else to decide for me."
"Take a left or a right while on a casual stroll? Whoops, better run back to Zepath and ask Ishamal."

Quit trying to weasel out of it every time someone gives us a hard choice.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Can I just say I am 1000% on board with taking the grandkids out on a family camping expedition.

And by camping I mean monster hunting training/wilderness survival school.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

ArbitraryTA posted:

Can I just say I am 1000% on board with taking the grandkids out on a family camping expedition.

And by camping I mean monster hunting training/wilderness survival school.

Anyone who fights a monster and lives gets a name and two physical characteristics described.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

New question for Ish:
Any suggestions for trying to meet peoples of other lands peacefully? Tudiya tried at Athar, and if I recall it was on the table with the giants until we killed the first ones we met.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Or we could just accept that our balls aren't going to keep up with us, and let them go. We don't need an army.

That's a great idea we should turn our balls into a standing army. We can do it under the guise of either covering for Tudiya so he can go get Barkof or covering for us so we can go get Barkof.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Azuth0667 posted:

So we can go get Barkof.

Barkof would turn us into a fine paste. We are not king level yet. By a large margin.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TacoNight posted:

New question for Ish:
Any suggestions for trying to meet peoples of other lands peacefully? Tudiya tried at Athar, and if I recall it was on the table with the giants until we killed the first ones we met.

It kinda looks like the general wisdom was right. The only things outside Ur are monsters and cannibals. Before the retcon we met the only slightly cannibalistic bug people, but even those were only interested in turtling up, nobody out there wants a mutual defence treaty.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Olothreutes posted:

I sort of figured that Enkidel doting on grandkids would look a lot like crazy camping trips into the wilderness, learning how to hunt wild game, constructing strange devices that let you lift Grandpa Enkidel and his enormous bulk with ease, and various sorts of martial training like wrestling, spear/shield, bow, etc.

Maybe some knitting, I guess. But mostly like a superpowered version of boy scouts where you don't really learn to make baskets or whatever (that's for women to do) but the spear skills merit badge is loving primo.

+1 to this, but also establishing the Ball Scouts and opening membership to the youth of Kavodel

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

It kinda looks like the general wisdom was right. The only things outside Ur are monsters and cannibals. Before the retcon we met the only slightly cannibalistic bug people, but even those were only interested in turtling up, nobody out there wants a mutual defence treaty.

But not really, even without the retcon stuff there are glimmers of hope: Amok is a cool guy, who hates a common enemy and sees value in life, even beyond his people. He's not an ally and may never be, but doesn't fit in with demons/cannibals/monsters thing. Everfang was a monster, but one that honored a deal made after a duel. The people under the giants were not cannibals. The Kadmonen(sp?) lands are the biggest examples with their different gods and culture, but having inhabitants in Baitel.

It will be hard, and foreign societies are right to be very cautious about our violent, xenophobic society. On the other hand, there is more out there than just a wasteland, and it's worth a shot to see if Ish will acknowledge that/have any ideas.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

TacoNight posted:

Anyone who fights a monster and lives gets a name and two physical characteristics described.

I like the idea that our grandchildren don't have names at all until they kill their first monster.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

I like the idea that our grandchildren don't have names at all until they kill their first monster.
OR if they develop a new innovation. All the little Ahazes deserve respect too.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HBar posted:

OR if they develop a new innovation. All the little Ahazes deserve respect too.

Who? I'm pretty sure he was the milkman's.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

There Bias Two posted:

Who? I'm pretty sure he was the milkman's.

A Mighty milkman's, since Ahaz is Blooded.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
How else would we get cheese without mighty milkman?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Let's make mighty cheese

Might goat cheese!!!!!!!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Nyaa posted:

How else would we get cheese without mighty milkman?

Honestly, I bet there's someone in Ur who devoted their lives to might animal husbandry and the milk their cows produce is the best milk anyone has ever tasted, and you can't even buy the beef from his cows, he needs to like you enough to give you a mighty steak, and its the stuff of legend.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Real talk:

We're obv going to need to spend time on a few things: our weird smithing/inventing, magistrating, city development, and family time. Which I recognize is a packed schedule.

But, any spare time beyond that we should spend looking into agriculture. Tudiya obviously thinks a famine is coming, and being warned to save for times of hardship could well include food. If we're able to make even minor advances in food production and storage, it could be a huge help later when poo poo comes down. More than anything we might develop at the forge honestly.

Also really excited to see what this weird crap Lefkandi has built is.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What if "save for times of hardship" was referring to our well? LOLOLOLO

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Facebook Aunt posted:

What if "save for times of hardship" was referring to our well? LOLOLOLO

It probably is, but I'm just saying it could be both. Tudiya didn't start getting crazy for survival prep food storage for no reason after all. Wasn't Jesbaam was storing a lot of food and poo poo between human eyeballs too, iirc?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

Real talk:

We're obv going to need to spend time on a few things: our weird smithing/inventing, magistrating, city development, and family time. Which I recognize is a packed schedule.

But, any spare time beyond that we should spend looking into agriculture. Tudiya obviously thinks a famine is coming, and being warned to save for times of hardship could well include food. If we're able to make even minor advances in food production and storage, it could be a huge help later when poo poo comes down. More than anything we might develop at the forge honestly.

Also really excited to see what this weird crap Lefkandi has built is.

We also need to sit down and train with Ish, because if we don't we won't be able to control our strength as it grows.

Plus we *really* want him to get to the lesson on how to understand any language!

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Blasphemaster posted:

Tudiya has like a billion daughters so I'm not too worried about that bloodline not being disseminated enough, though more blooded folks is always good. IF we think we want another kid, we should definitely have HER decide if she wants to squeeze it out.

With our luck the kid will come of age just in time to get squashed by ainvading giants. :ohdear:

We should also see about R&D for some seriously, ridonkulously deadly defensive siege gear and tactics for Kadovel and Zepath. I.E. Mandate that any and all Blooded individuals need to start learning Mighty Railgun to the best of their ability. Set up a system of triggerable Big Fuckoff Rockslides on that mountain we were setting the fortress in, just in case. Put out a call to the Donut to consult warmongers on exactly what sort of defenses they would NOT want to encounter. Offer considerable prizes to murderously inventive citizenry; a state funded trip to Baitel to grab a Blooded wife or something for the best idea each couple years. Set up a yearly competition where the winner of the Thinger Flinger Tounament gets a fabled Snuls ride in addition to a production contract.

I want to see a Scorpion on every rooftop, explosions from every kitchen, and children launching each other out miniature catapults as a new pastime.

tldr; I want Kadovel to become a city of Mad Scientists is what I'm saying.

No, I don't have a throbbing erection from this post; you do! Shut up!

+1 in perpetuity

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
We should really establish the AHT, Academy of Heretical Thinking. Get some of the best and the brightest. Offer giant scholarships or something. Big cash dollars to innovators, or whatever it is they want. A free place to experiment with sweet things.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Facebook Aunt posted:

The world is flat, of course. We have yet to find the edge.

ninja
Whatever we do (grandkids, knitting, sitting sitting on our rear end) we are going to encounter unsolvable moral dilemmas. Our response to those is going to have consequences. Currently we are constantly watched. Some of the PtB watchers and the Demonic watchers have hostile intent. No matter what we do we have to deal with that or plan on continuing to receive an increasing amount of direction, enforcement, and outright threats or violent action. Whatever we do we need to up our concealment game until it mitigates all of that to whatever degree is possible. Playing with grandkids and other such things could be a perfect cover for our actual focus and activities relative powering up our ninja powers. During that time we actually have to learn control and conceal the use of powers. Where we can't conceal them we have simply abstain from use for a time. Be a shame to have all of our (eugenic, cloned, cauldron grown) brats get mind wiped because of our lack of skill or carelessness.

We have been told that we can learn ourselves is (mostly) fair game. We need to create a condition where we can actually learn those things with some impunity. In addition to control (which I believe will unlock our club) we need to learn the non-flying properties of our feather cloak, erroneously called "wings" by some.

As an aside, one account of actual ninjas is that they arose as a cultural response to the rule of the Samurai class, (basically a form of the PtB) which could not be challenged directly because of the massive power imbalance.

We need to actively and diligently practice whatever else we are doing. Of course this will also involve moral dilemmas because everything does.
ninja

Also, I suggest that if we are going to ask for more kids that we not only request twins, but that we mess with the entire nature of the project by requesting many specific features for our PtB Approved Progeny Products.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 13, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
We should try to find azzazzel.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Azuth0667 posted:

We should try to find azzazzel.

He's probably hiding from us because we flew too close to the 'worship' line with him.

Though if we picked A for Answers on question 1 and got kicked out of Zepath, we might be back in his sphere of influence.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
If Naomi wants another kid, I say we ask Ish.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's probably hiding from us because we flew too close to the 'worship' line with him.

Or he doesn't want to get sucked in to all the rules and BS of the melachim hierarchy that we're knee-deep in. He came through at Tanaach when things got really bad, but otherwise he's happy to stay away from it all.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

I think Ishamal told us Azz was in hiding due to what happened with his Xephanim protege Asahel. That was during the meeting with The Trio.
Azz naturally likes having his privacy, and the greater scrutiny after that event made him try even harder to hide himself.

We're under a lot more scrutiny than we were as a 16 year old, so any direct interaction with us will make it easier for the goat haters to spy on him.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

I miss Azz. I doubt he'll show, but we should stop by his lands and leave a token of friendship/appreciation regardless. Maybe a neat piece of goat related art or something

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

I miss Azz. I doubt he'll show, but we should stop by his lands and leave a token of friendship/appreciation regardless. Maybe a neat piece of goat related art or something

Knitted goat underpants.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Water-goatwheel.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azz is the only one who did anything about tanaach so we might as well try to find him.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Did we ever try and thank him? I don't remember if we tried afterwards.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Wait, no one thinks the goats were a gift from Azz? And Jael denied the stream and trees were his doing, so maybe even that.

edit: i think we tried talking to Azz before the trip to giants' land and got no response.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We did teleport into Azzazel's domain...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

We didn't contact him afterwards but we found his rock and a replica of our goat necklace was sitting there. Dude wants to keep it on the downlow, that's fine.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Nettle Soup posted:

We didn't contact him afterwards but we found his rock and a replica of our goat necklace was sitting there. Dude wants to keep it on the downlow, that's fine.

oh right. yeah let's leave him be for a while. maybe in a decade or two we can take a little trip.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Also, one of our most vivid memories of our life, soaring through the sky after the tooth incident, being a gross exaggeration due to us having been a 6 year old is a hilarious turn of events. But I'm not entirely convinced by Ish on that account.

Ask Tudiya and Aaron about that incident when we get the chance. How high were we when we were rescued by Ishamal?

Do other players think that tasking David and Ahaz with the rebuilding of Ibleam would be a good idea? It's their city by right, and David has expressed interest on doing so. But, wouldn't it be better for all the forces of man to be focused on the Kavodel, Zepath area, to better stand an incoming army? But at the same time, having to strong points would force the army to split, and make sieging a city very hard, if the other one can come to it's aid. I think that if we are going to have a 10/20 year timeskip on the near future this should be one of the points we address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Re: Azz

Given what we've learned and seen for ourselves about drawing attention, it is possible that Azz is just waiting on heat to die down.
It's hard to tell how much waves get kicked up when he or any of the others do anything, or how much they do that we aren't aware of.

When Azz wants us to find him, we'll find him.