Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If I wanted to see a fat and gross idiot with a mutant arm I'd look in a mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

high six posted:

Did anyone ever talk about how it was likely Bismuth that poofed Lapis Lazuli back in the war? I never saw it in the last thread. Either way I just found it out watching through old episodes.

In Same Old World, Lapis gives Steven a history lesson of her life, and she shows that a bulky, rainbow haired, square gem poofed her back in the war. Of course we recently were introduced to Bismuth who perfectly matches the character shown in the flashback. I hope this becomes a part of the story down the line and Bismuth and Lazuli meet again.

Yeah, everyone assumed it was the Bismuth in Lion's mane.

Or Woolie.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Luke/Leia shipper circa 1983

"aw, dangit George"

Yeah it's one reason I don't really sweat that kind of stuff.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It could just be A bismuth.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

If I wanted to see a fat and gross idiot with a mutant arm I'd look in a mirror.

I maintain it's still too poppin fresh.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I like smokey a whole lot they cute

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flying-PCP posted:

Now that Jasper is incapacitated, how long before the heroes become aware of another imminent threat? It can be assumed that Yellow Diamond is going to come to retrieve the cluster before too long, but nobody really seems sufficiently concerned about this to mention it on screen.

I'm holding out hope that they find out something about Homeworld's next move in Future Boy Zoltron, which seems to include Sapphire having some kind of important vision of the future

It's going to be another anime episode
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Boy_Conan + Voltron

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I kinda want this to happen, just so the Lapidot fusion spends the rest of the episode running around and screaming.

Lol if you don't think they wouldn't separate immediately as soon as they realize what happened.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I was ambivalent about Smokey at first but it's cool that their personality gimmick is puns and cripplingly low self-esteem.

The uncomfortable look on Sardonyx's face as she worked it out was also pretty great.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Lol if you don't think they wouldn't separate immediately as soon as they realize what happened.

They'd watch Camp Pining Hearts

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I was worried for a while that Zuke quit working on the show, which would have been really loving lovely. I'm still nervous that this show's fandom is going/has gone the way of Homestuck, Undertale, and The Show That Must Not Be Named, which would really taint my enjoyment of it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Just ignore the fandom. Fandoms are always poo poo.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

I was worried for a while that Zuke quit working on the show, which would have been really loving lovely. I'm still nervous that this show's fandom is going/has gone the way of Homestuck, Undertale, and The Show That Must Not Be Named, which would really taint my enjoyment of it.

It already has, just ignore it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I like Lapis and Peridot as wacky meepmorp roommates, but I like Peridot and Amethyst together more. They're cute together and shorty squad is the best.

Anyways, to change subjects, anyone ever notice how it's a lot easier to poof someone by stabbing rather than by blunt force? We see the gems takes a lot of physical abuse and still get keep going, but one stab seems to be enough to take anyone down. Pearl, Bismuth, and Jasper have all been poofed by one stab.

Pollyanna posted:

Don't let a lovely fanbase ruin your enjoyment of anything.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

OB_Juan posted:

Just ignore the fandom. Fandoms are always poo poo.
psst

its us

we're the fandom

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JT Jag posted:

psst

its us

we're the fandom

Yeah, and we're poo poo, point?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Or Woolie.

Every time there's a character with dreads, like Lucio or Bismuth, there's always art of Woolie replacing them it seems

Also don't let tumblr kids ruin your enjoyment, ever since I stopped going near it I stopped getting annoyed about them and they don't ruin my experience anymore

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's a Woolie?

Assume my next reply after that will be "Oh''

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I now can't help imagining an alternate Steven Universe where the gems are all ripped body-builders who spend their days flexing, lifting weights, drinking protein shakes, and posing for babes on the boardwalk.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Junpei Hyde posted:

It already has, just ignore it.

Your AV makes me want Jasper to start calling Lapis Sister Nero.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Or Woolie.

Is that the Reboot logo on that dude's shirt?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infinitum posted:

What's a Woolie?

Assume my next reply after that will be "Oh''

Some fuckin' loser who took playing Marver versus Capcom three over a threesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuL4IaCf4qM

e X posted:

Is that the Reboot logo on that dude's shirt?

He's doing a Reboot LP, for some ungodly reason.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 13, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

Your AV makes me want Jasper to start calling Lapis Sister Nero.

I mean, she's definitely broken.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Also don't let tumblr kids ruin your enjoyment, ever since I stopped going near it I stopped getting annoyed about them and they don't ruin my experience anymore

People keep acting like it's so utterly impossible to stop running across people like this on tumblr, despite the fact that you have to be following people or get their stuff reblogged to you if you're not searching for stuff.

I'm only following artists that I like on there and I've only had two instances of people losing their poo poo and posting dumb bullshit. It's a lot easier to not find awful stuff on tumblr than it is on imgur, since the latter brings all the posts and junk to you instead of you needing to find it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Troposphere posted:

I like smokey a whole lot they cute

Ditto also they're like an evil clown but good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So remind me again what the fuckin' problem even was? If it was literally Pairing #1 vs Pairing #2, then that's just goddamn sad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

JT Jag posted:

psst

its us

we're the fandom

That's why I usually stop checking the thread after two or three days pass since the last episode, poo poo starts getting weird.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Dogg that happened ages ago. And also all fandoms are hot loving trash

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Speaking of fandoms and tumblr, I haven't heard about SuperWhoLock in what feels like years now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RareAcumen posted:

Speaking of fandoms and tumblr, I haven't heard about SuperWhoLock in what feels like years now.

Good :colbert:

kidcoelacanth posted:

I only just started watching the show so I'm only now learning about it. And I shoulda seen it coming, I guess.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I loving hate smokey quartz.

U MOTHERFu... uh. hmm. oh.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Don't be. Certainly better than starting to get uncomfortably unironic shipping talk

I think its fine to ship, so long as you don't get mean about it. One also needs to accept that the media creators are gonna ship as they think things make sense, which works fine for me, since I tend to line up with that.

also, you don't need to ship people romantically, though you might want to assert what kind of relationship specifically when not implying the primary relationship type associated with that pairing.

and theres no reason to be ashamed of shipping talk, so long as its respectful and whatnot. no one here actually hates shipping I think, its just that It has a bad rep, and we see the worst shipping has to offer because the internet is built to allow people to sift through huge amounts of data to find the most extreme values.

I posit that shipping talk can go on, so long as it meets basic standards of decency.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 13, 2016

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Pollyanna posted:

I guess I'm just lucky that this poo poo doesn't bother me, idiots on the internet can taint ANYTHING if you let them. Undertale owns, Steven Universe owns, and idgaf about who some whacko thinks is loving whom.

Also Smoky's 3rd arm owns.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

D1Sergo posted:

I guess I'm just lucky that this poo poo doesn't bother me, idiots on the internet can taint ANYTHING if you let them. Undertale owns, Steven Universe owns, and idgaf about who some whacko thinks is loving whom.

Also Smoky's 3rd arm owns.

:same:

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Shipping is literally "we like romance stories, we like these two characters, wouldn't they be cute together?"

There's nothing really creepy or weird about it and I don't get why it's shat on all the time but it can be sort of tiring to listen to when you don't care one way or the other, and people get intense about it for some godawful reason. the real reason is because it, like fanfiction, has a reputation for being made for and by teenage girls

That being said, Lapis and Peridot living as two gay art aunts in the barn is very good.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

It's because people attack other people for not agreeing with their double fictional relationships. (not real relationship on a not real cartoon)

Shippers are trash.

Also when did this become the Homestuck thread :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Having cute romantic pairings you support is fine, the problem is that it very often gets taken to very weird and unpleasant places.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Kazy posted:

It's because people attack other people for not agreeing with their double fictional relationships. (not real relationship on a not real cartoon)

Shippers are trash.

Also when did this become the Homestuck thread :v:

:( I won't attack you, I promise

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When is Peridot going to meet Greg and how will this affect Grasper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When is Peridot going to meet Greg and how will this affect Grasper?

she threw him off a building, does that count