Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Need help with research.

Ive got 2e72 gems and 80 points in each facility but i cant really seem to get over e132 coins running the vanilla factions. Do i pop a few more merc runs to get maybe e74 gems and continue?

Most of the research isnt unlocked either :/ Ive looked over goof's wiki and asked in chat but i still dont know :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/562011 answers pretty much any question you could have regarding R16 research. Skip to the end for the short version.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

the auschwitz diet posted:

Heroes of Havoc chat: my immediate first impression was wow that's a lot of ads. I realize I don't have to watch them every time but it certainly feels like I've been spending more time watching ads than actually playing, especially in elite.

Did I miss some sort of explanation of elite campaign because I had no idea what it was about until I went back to look at a level's rewards and noticed the timer.

I'm still not clear on the season rewards even after your post, is that how I farm stars? Am I refunded spent stars after season mode ends? Or do I have to spend gems to get enough stars to upgrade stuff? Is there any purpose for extra hero tokens, is that part of upgrading rarity of heroes? There is a definite lack of explanation of game mechanics.

Echoing the complaints about not being able to sell items when you loot them and the confusing equip slot icons. Though I somewhat like the idea of not having another resource or a gatcha system for evolving heroes, inventory management looks annoying enough with your best gear being consumed unless you keep backups for evolving.

I've also noticed that tapping skills with more than one finger will frequently interpret as a swipe and switch active characters. Clicking on their portraits to switch would have been perfectly adequate and I'd appreciate at least an option to disable that.

The tier upgrades to the skills are all the same and rather boring and I've noticed that the NEW tooltip pops up before you get to 10/25/etc and comes back constantly for some reason after being dismissed.

Despite all my complaints so far I like the game and I would recommend it buuuuut there are an incredible amount of ads and having played all morning and having to wait another 6 hours to unlock my 4th hero and idling mode (now that I know what's up with elite) is kind of disappointing for a game billed as an idler. If I had missed a token drop in the first round of elite I'd be particularly annoyed.
There's no real way to farm stars, they only come from regular campaigns in non-Season mode. I mean, you get stars in Season mode, but I don't think they transfer over at the end of a season. We only added stars from the merchant fairly recently, the game is balanced around getting them all from Campaign but people requested a shortcut so we have the gems-stars exchange.

You didn't miss an explanation, quite a lot of the game is left vague by design, we believe in letting players figure things out on their own as they're more than capable - you figured out Elite after looking around, after all!

The main "rewards" from participating in Season mode can be seen on the... Leaderboards screen, I think? In Season mode. There are tiers of rewards based on your final leaderboard positions, and the rewards include exclusive tokens, relics, gems.

You also get all the XP your heroes earned in Season mode in the form of a lump of SP to spend how you wish, and all the items your hero was wearing when the season ends (even if it goes over the limit of your inventory.)

Extra hero tokens are indeed used for upgrading hero rarity. The boost you get from upgrading may be buffed in a future update to make it feel a bit more worthwhile.

I'll pass on the rest of your observations. Thank you!

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
It's pretty brazen of Clicker Heroes to make Mercenaries less useful as they level up.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Getting pretty far into Trimps, things really seem to be slowing down. I can regularly clear Electricity, but the next Challenge (Scientist IV) isn't until zone 110, while my progress is grinding to a crawl around 97. Is there anything specific I should be doing at this point?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

With trimps, im hitting lvl 80 now, but it still takes me 2 or so days (not that i mind i actually like it idle)

How long is it taking you to hit the upper 90's? Should it be taking me 2 days to hit 80?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

A new game called Spaceplan just launched. It's a pretty neat setup based around orbiting a planet and doing things like launching probes and satellites, and it seems to have an actual endgame.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Anyone else having trouble with ad boosts on Adventure Capitalist? The sports event dropped today but I can't get the boost, it says no ads are available and I've had this problem for weeks.

Playing on a Galaxy S5, problem will come and go. Also I'm done with Moon and Mars and 10 unlocks away from finishing Earth, but I actually like the events.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Meskhenet posted:

With trimps, im hitting lvl 80 now, but it still takes me 2 or so days (not that i mind i actually like it idle)

How long is it taking you to hit the upper 90's? Should it be taking me 2 days to hit 80?

For He farming you should be doing the challenge that you can do most easily without slowing down. If you're struggling to get into the 80s then you should farm balance more. Long deep pushes are mostly only useful for unlocking more challenges (or if you can only mess with the game once a day that's fine too).

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Evil Mastermind posted:

A new game called Spaceplan just launched. It's a pretty neat setup based around orbiting a planet and doing things like launching probes and satellites, and it seems to have an actual endgame.

I wish there was a list of upgrade unlocks somewhere or that they followed an obvious 10/25/50/100/etc. progression instead of whatever the hell they are instead. It's probably just that upgrades are intentionally shallow and you're meant to just only buy more of whatever makes the most power by a certain point, but when costs are in the millions it's pretty frustrating to not have any idea how to get income to a point where you aren't sitting for a while with your thumb up your rear end waiting to buy the next thing. At least it looks like it updates fine in another tab!

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Liking the bit I have played of it so far and it has a great aesthetic.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I wish there was a list of upgrade unlocks somewhere or that they followed an obvious 10/25/50/100/etc. progression instead of whatever the hell they are instead. It's probably just that upgrades are intentionally shallow and you're meant to just only buy more of whatever makes the most power by a certain point, but when costs are in the millions it's pretty frustrating to not have any idea how to get income to a point where you aren't sitting for a while with your thumb up your rear end waiting to buy the next thing. At least it looks like it updates fine in another tab!

Now that I'm a little further in, it seems the game expects you to buy bunches of generators as part of the overall "plot". So really just load up.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is very cool.

I think I found the problem, the time seems to be progressing at one day per second, so this little planet is whirling around at ridiculous speeds. Makes sense that you have to research roots.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Now that I'm a little further in, it seems the game expects you to buy bunches of generators as part of the overall "plot". So really just load up.

I have the Kinetigen, Spud Guns and Potato Launchers at my disposal along with the 150 million potato upgrade. I don't have any real good ways of cutting the wait down to buying the next launcher in a meaningful manner short of using an autoclicker.

e: Just bought Irish Pride and now I have a whopping 225K power a second. It costs 110M to buy a Potato Launcher that will grant me an extra 84K per second. A 9 minute wait when the next one's gonna cost like 40 million more isn't really fine IMO.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 10, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, I'm pretty much waiting on the Irish Pride upgrade right now. Which is a bit of a pain since it kills all the steady-ish progress I've been making.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I just beat it. It gets better after getting a few Potato Launchers and their x2 upgrade, ended with 1.772 million power a second which made buying more launchers considerably faster. That said the ending is really predictable but much appreciated even if I don't know what the message at the end on the potatomen banner translates to.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I sent out three Spudniks at once (my 16-18th) and the chat log produced "хороший один товарищ" which Google Translate turned into "nice one mate".

This game has some nice little touches :allears:

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

ProfessorProf posted:

Getting pretty far into Trimps, things really seem to be slowing down. I can regularly clear Electricity, but the next Challenge (Scientist IV) isn't until zone 110, while my progress is grinding to a crawl around 97. Is there anything specific I should be doing at this point?

Grind out to zone 100 and there's actually a new challenge there.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Well I know that there wasn't/isn't that much excitement for Ragnarok Clicker, but for anyone that is playing I went ahead and made a guild. Just look for the guild called "GOON" and join the "fun".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I really love Spaceplan's potatopunk technology

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is pleasing. I like it quite a bit!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Spaceplan but it's so short :(

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

I'm glad it's short to be honest, I wasn't real happy with the progression being in the 10-20 minute range just before the end phase. I was going out soon and if it had gone longer I would have had to leave it for later only to potentially have the story go on without me. Plus I feel like in general leaving people wanting more is just plain better design than wearing out people's patience by going too long anymore now that I am older and grumpier and need to leave the house more often.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Roflex posted:

For He farming you should be doing the challenge that you can do most easily without slowing down. If you're struggling to get into the 80s then you should farm balance more. Long deep pushes are mostly only useful for unlocking more challenges (or if you can only mess with the game once a day that's fine too).

i still do balance, but find i have to baby sit it far more than i would like.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So, Trimps. I just got started on this yesterday, and I reached Zone 20 today. I'm working through the Dimension of Anger, and it's causing me to wonder:, am I supposed to spend time in Zones and Maps grinding up, or should I just focus on facetanking through Zones as my imps get slaughtered in each battle and I make slow progress towards the next zone? Similarly, should I be making an effort to get every equipment prestige I can, or should I be ignoring some of them? I find it hard to justify buying to many levels in a piece of equipment, because I know I'll need a ton of metal to afford the next piece of equipment's prestige upgrade, and that by the time I get all of them it'll be time to start the cycle again, so I don't want to invest metal in items that are about to get reset back down to level one. I'm sure some of these problems go away once I get some portals under my belt, but right now I'm not sure if I'm just making huge mistakes with how I'm playing.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
If you're slowing down with Zones, then dipping into Maps for a bit lets you gain more resources faster as well as the up to 200% damage increase for the same zone. This is particularly good for gems which at this point is what's bottlenecking your housing. You want to prestige as soon as possible because it becomes more efficient resource-wise; you can invest up to about 10 levels for the metal equipment and ~5/10 for shield (if you're running Block/Health, respectively) before a prestige will be less HP/Block than what you had originally. This'll be what you do during the mid-game when prices aren't butting against your capacity. Since you're slowing down, it's better to just ignore putting a lot of levels into your equipment because prestiging will be of greater benefit.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sage Grimm posted:

If you're slowing down with Zones, then dipping into Maps for a bit lets you gain more resources faster as well as the up to 200% damage increase for the same zone. This is particularly good for gems which at this point is what's bottlenecking your housing. You want to prestige as soon as possible because it becomes more efficient resource-wise; you can invest up to about 10 levels for the metal equipment and ~5/10 for shield (if you're running Block/Health, respectively) before a prestige will be less HP/Block than what you had originally. This'll be what you do during the mid-game when prices aren't butting against your capacity. Since you're slowing down, it's better to just ignore putting a lot of levels into your equipment because prestiging will be of greater benefit.

Should I be focusing on buying as much housing as I possibly can? I've been putting my Food into Trainers, Wood into Shields, and Metal into Equipment. I have ~1100 Trimps at Zone 21.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yes. It increases your trimps/sec (less downtime between fights if you're not blocking all the damage), increases the number of trimps harvesting resources and eventually you'll need to reach 3x the number of trimps battling to increase Coordination.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So did I miss Spaceplan coming up in here? This is a pretty fun one to begin with.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Spaceplan is pretty neat.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

END ME SCOOB posted:

So did I miss Spaceplan coming up in here? This is a pretty fun one to begin with.

You did, and it's good.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I was playing the current AdCap event, and after a few restarts it told me I have to be connected to the internet and have the latest AdCap version. The event won't load anymore. :( Rest of the game works fine. Anyone else getting this?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Aurora posted:

That was something I really liked about this one idle game, can't think of the name. You had to make presents for everyone in the world and once you hit 7 billion or so the game was done. Plus it had just enough interaction too to keep it interesting.

Anyways. Are there any good mobile idle/clicker/tapper games people can suggest?

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hirethor posted:

Well I know that there wasn't/isn't that much excitement for Ragnarok Clicker, but for anyone that is playing I went ahead and made a guild. Just look for the guild called "GOON" and join the "fun".

I'll join your gang, buddy. Request sent.

QXZ
Sep 12, 2003

oooh ouija woman she got the moon in her eyes

Tracula posted:

That was something I really liked about this one idle game, can't think of the name. You had to make presents for everyone in the world and once you hit 7 billion or so the game was done. Plus it had just enough interaction too to keep it interesting.

http://www.digitalchestnut.com/merryclickmas/

love the part where you accelerate time by naming as many christmas decorations as possible :)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In Trimps, i have bought all the exotic Imp-orts, so what do i spend my bones on now?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

In Trimps, i have bought all the exotic Imp-orts, so what do i spend my bones on now?

That's easy, helium.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Heirlooms or production for pushing higher.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

Heirlooms or production for pushing higher.

I'd say heirlooms only if you've made it far enough to get magnificent or better, otherwise it's kind of a waste especially if you're only going to get purple gear which becomes super common once magnificent/legendary is possible. Production will only help you this run so outside raising your max helium by a lot I don't see a long-term benefit on the same level as a few extra million helium or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Anyone playing Slurpy Derpy? It's very similar to that ant game where you breed up kings and queens to get better stats and then send workers to produce goods, fight, and research upgrades. I've evolved once and have some stuff automated right now.