Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Ask Tudiya and Aaron about that incident when we get the chance. How high were we when we were rescued by Ishamal?

We were hearing voices, hallucinating a trippy evil shark monster, and had the worst case of the munchies imaginable. I think we already know how high we were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Lead out in cuffs posted:

We were hearing voices, hallucinating a trippy evil shark monster, and had the worst case of the munchies imaginable. I think we already know how high we were.

Adding to my vote that we ask one of our mihgty balls to spend 20 years cooking up the best weed ever. Diog, does Enkidel get high when smoking whatever ish smokes or is it like alcohol in that it doesn't affect him?

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Hella.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Plus, in serious talk, we were a 5 year old kid currently in a situation way the gently caress over our head on several levels. Our perspective would be skewed to begin with, so we probably THOUGHT we were way high up, because by scrawny child standards, we were. By 8' tall superhuman standards, we were high up, but not unmanageably so.

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

BEI

+1 More kids idea, if Naomi is interested.

Maybe more than one? I know sons are more valued in this hyper-masculine society, but Naomi wanted an actual girl. And since we turned Ruth into aging Xena another son, might be nice to have a child that does things a semi-normal way (normal being relative, of course). Maybe be like Judah's mom from the other thread. Travelling diplomat or something. I actually don't have a problem with Ahaz being somewhat normal. It might be nice to have a "normal" kid, boy or girl.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

the_steve posted:

Plus, in serious talk, we were a 5 year old kid currently in a situation way the gently caress over our head on several levels. Our perspective would be skewed to begin with, so we probably THOUGHT we were way high up, because by scrawny child standards, we were. By 8' tall superhuman standards, we were high up, but not unmanageably so.

We were 11 when the Zepathans came to town and we flew through the air. It was Danal who was 6.

We saw what we saw, and Ish did some pretty crazy poo poo with the lightning. Maybe he isn't immortal, maybe he doesn't have wings, but he's still holding his cards close.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TacoNight posted:

We were 11 when the Zepathans came to town and we flew through the air. It was Danal who was 6.

We saw what we saw, and Ish did some pretty crazy poo poo with the lightning. Maybe he isn't immortal, maybe he doesn't have wings, but he's still holding his cards close.

I don't doubt that at all either. He obviously has access to tricks that other Blooded guys can't use, and he's already admitted there is stuff that even Tudiya isnt authorized to know despite the fact that he's freaking Tudiya.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TacoNight posted:

Ish pretty clearly isn't your average mighty dude. Regular mighty dudes can't cause flowers to grow from stone benches, or turn parts of that flower to stone and shatter said bench. They probably also can't put people into stasis for eternities, or do magic vasectomies, or cap someone's power at a specific level. If we can't see that he has wings, either he doesn't have them, or he can hide them even from us. He clearly knows more about the world and the workings of whatever we are, Nephilim/Rephaim/whatever, and speaks to the melachim probably at least as often as we do.

I think during the most recent set of Q and A he confirmed that he is not what we are, but he must be something similar. If "lesser beings" can't see our wings, and the same holds true for Ish, either we're lesser and can't see them, or what might have happened is that he gave them up so as to avoid the exact sort of worship that he is worried will happen to us.

Also, Diog, a question. Iron isn't worked as a metal in Ur, so how will Ish's knife/spork be rusty?

Ish, what's rust?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 14, 2016

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Olothreutes posted:

I think during the most recent set of Q and A he confirmed that he is not what we are, but he must be something similar. If "lesser beings" can't see our wings, and the same holds true for Ish, either we're lesser and can't see them, or what might have happened is that he gave them up so as to avoid the exact sort of worship that he is worried will happen to us.

That's a good point. Ishamal might have "removed" his wings, or stopped them from appearing at some point. Enkidel could regrow his body from nearly nothing, it wouldn't be far fetched for a more powerful being to modify their body at will.

We know Melachim can appear in different forms, Azz did it before our eyes!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If Ish isn't a nephilim, couldn't he be the talmid of a particularly powerful one? What if he's not like us, but instead to Zepa like Paebel is to us?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Maybe 'spawn' is the son of a talmid? Sort of a proxy child for the nephilim. That's why the 'grandsons' established all the cities while Labaras and his 'sons' stayed in Baitel. Also explains why people are trying to prevent our balls from having kids with possible worshippers and why someone might have sterilised Paebel.

Algid fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 14, 2016

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Yeah, we've seen pretty strong evidence that for a Melachim /Nephilim and perhaps even the strongly blooded, one's form can be altered relatively easily. In addition to the stuff that we saw during the incidents that were retconned, where it was clear that we could become literally anything (with the form affecting our personality however), there's been plenty of more mundane examples too. We've been altered to have only 5 fingers, for example, and Chait has almost certainly made himself far smaller and less noticible than what his true form would likely be. I have little doubt that Ishamal could manifest wings if he wanted to, but he cares a lot about the rules and it's fairly clear that wings in Ur/Zepath is a major no-no.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Actually, relevant question for Ish: Is there any chance that Indra could detect that Paebel's memory has been modified?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
What's Amok going to think next time he mind scans us? That we're melachim chump bootlickers, that's what. gj everyone. the thought police are now altering memories.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Altering his memory is fine, why are people salting so hard over this?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Tsyni posted:

What's Amok going to think next time he mind scans us? That we're melachim chump bootlickers, that's what. gj everyone. the thought police are now altering memories.
Oh, good logic, worry about a different thought police instead

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

JT Jag posted:

Oh, good logic, worry about a different thought police instead

No you see, it was fine that Amok mindraped us, because he gave us a couple answers and wings, and it totally justifies that gross violation.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I'm not really seeing the advantage of wings that we can never use without four months travel south. I kind of wonder about Amok's motive for sticking them on Enkidel. Who's to say that even is our 'natural' form in the first place? Body shape is fairly alterable at a certain power level (with attendant changes in mindset).

Question for Diogenes: Can Enkidel perceive any difference in the way he thinks about the world or other people since he received the wings compared to before?

Question for Ishamal: Can you (or whoever) safely remove my wings?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

TheCog posted:

No you see, it was fine that Amok mindraped us, because he gave us a couple answers and wings, and it totally justifies that gross violation.

Your right, but at least he gave us something, and he was honest about everything. As far as he was concerned he had every right to do it. Not an excuse but at least a more acceptable rational.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm honestly willing to believe Ish is just that old, and therefore has Elder level powers that other people just can't access anymore.

Now, maybe someone/thing is extending his lifespan, or maybe he's just that determined not to climb the mountain yet. Either way, I do believe he's just really old and Blooded

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

rex monday posted:

Question for Ishamal: Can you (or whoever) safely remove my wings?

Seconding this question. I'm really curious if the nature of the wings would effect the ability of say..Jael + Company..to surgically remove them.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

There's also something about Zepath where really old badasses just go there to chill later in life. Remember Chait? Wasn't he like a King in another city? Dude makes bows in a backwater now.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

rex monday posted:

I'm not really seeing the advantage of wings that we can never use without four months travel south. I kind of wonder about Amok's motive for sticking them on Enkidel. Who's to say that even is our 'natural' form in the first place? Body shape is fairly alterable at a certain power level (with attendant changes in mindset).

It was hinted that they were natural when our body tried to regenerate them after Tanaach. Ish seems to now accept that they are indeed part of us and not some addition.

We won't use them day-to-day right now, and they won't get in the way at all (they will probably go unnoticed in the story except for possibly votes whether to break the rules under various circumstances. The biggest thing is the knowledge about who we are, but the wings will likely come in handy sometime in the far future and it will be good to practice with them when we have the chance.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
No to trying to remove the wings.

Even if we can't use them here and now, it's better to have them int he future and not need them than to end up in some far-away niche situation where they would be the difference between death and exile and not have them because we were cowards.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Guys, remember how, back when Ish had the talk about sterilizing us, he said it had to be done then or else there'd be nothing anyone could do about it, as eventually our body would just reverse any attempts to cut off our balls remove our potency? I'm guessing we could have our wings cut off last time because they were weird and half-grown, but now that they are properly grown and fully functional even if they were cut off they'd grow right back no matter what anyone did.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Considering Ish's threat promise to saw them off with a rusty butter knife if we dick around with them in Ur, I don't think the issue is that they can't remove them.

Rather I think the powers that be remember the giant shitstorm that occurred last time they took away our wings are are, wisely, choosing not to die on this particular hill again with Enkindel

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Probably because we alone degree then without the knowledge of how to hide them. They would have been obvious to everyone so removal was the only option. Our brush with true power or whatever made them grow as they should be and won't be an issue unless we make them one.

e: plus walking back from a true cataclysm with wings would have made everyone start worshipping us immediately.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I think Ish straight up said that we're being allowed to keep them this time on the word of a higher authority who has basically relented on the wings standpoint.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

I don't have any real desire to remove them, I just want to know if it's possible to do now in the same way that Jael + Co used after Tanaach.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

TacoNight posted:

It was hinted that they were natural when our body tried to regenerate them after Tanaach. Ish seems to now accept that they are indeed part of us and not some addition.

We won't use them day-to-day right now, and they won't get in the way at all (they will probably go unnoticed in the story except for possibly votes whether to break the rules under various circumstances. The biggest thing is the knowledge about who we are, but the wings will likely come in handy sometime in the far future and it will be good to practice with them when we have the chance.

It was also hinted that Enkidel was subconsciously trying to grow wings during his regeneration because that's what he wanted/thought he was. I'm not buying this thing that Amok just gave us what us natural to us. He rewired our body so we'd look like him specifically. His conception of what a nephilim is includes wings and getting worshipped as a god. I'm pretty sure with the right power and circumstance (leaving our body in retcon #1) we could take any shape we wanted to. Different shapes affect our mind differently.

Take notice of the "lesser beings" language. This has been used twice now. Our wings of course. And the Laurels, which we created/chose/whatever after we were altered against our will by Amok.

After thinking about it tonight I've really turned around on Amok. The guy violated our both our mind and body without asking. Just because he let some info slip that didn't matter to him and just so happened to alter our body in a way that lined up with the desires of some posters we give him a pass? He did everything some folks constantly accuse Ishamal and the Melachim of doing but blatantly and without asking or apologizing.

rex monday fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 14, 2016

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

:siren: What if whatever was undone that gave us wings also undid our vasectomy or whatever sterilization we underwent? :siren:

Let's make our OWN babies!!!

With Ruth

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Ultimate Mango posted:

:siren: What if whatever was undone that gave us wings also undid our vasectomy or whatever sterilization we underwent? :siren:

Let's make our OWN babies!!!

With Ruth

You're disgusting

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Well, it would solve the question of is Tudiya against interbreeding between Urban's and non urians for basic racist reasons or is there something more.

And also be almost Trump level grossness.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Grognan posted:

Altering his memory is fine, why are people salting so hard over this?

There is only one person salting hard.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Outrail posted:

Well, it would solve the question of is Tudiya against interbreeding between Urban's and non urians for basic racist reasons or is there something more.

And also be almost Trump level grossness.
Non-Urians (Urian + Kadnomin actually) have less presence, they seem to be baseline humans without even a little added height or longevity. For a long time Bagar didn't seem to have a presence when everyone else Enkidel knew did.

We should totally watch a non-Urain give birth to see if the ensoulment thing happens with them too. Nearly everything that Kadnomin guy in Baitel talked about became relevant, this shouldn't be different (Kadmonim believe souls develop in the womb, not at first breath). I bet that it really is something unique to Ur, some sort of soul recycling that was set up (note that Kadmonim dude also told Enkidel about reincarnation, he was basically a goldmine of info we weren't equipped to interpret yet).

Edit: It also fits stuff from Judah game, and what we saw at Amok's tomb. Blue orb in the sky is gone, people are so messed up by this entire empires collapse. Enkidel feels a visceral wrongness when he sees soul-stuff fade from fresh corpses (visceral wrongness being the one standard we're supposed to use to tell Jael to gently caress off). Mt. Har, which is something new to an old timer like Amok, draws in souls at death, then at birth pulses and sends something out. Meanwhile the Kadmonim, who turned out to have been right about a whole bunch of other stuff, believe reincarnation is the natural state of the world. Judah the necromancer, an Urian mighty boy, feels that whatever is going on with dead people is an endless journey to nowhere.

It seems pretty clear by now Mt. Har was made as a poor replacement for whatever natural cycle of reincarnation used to exist. Blue orb god left for some reason and now everyone is pretty much just waiting around for the Apocalypse.

Algid fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 15, 2016

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

rex monday posted:

It was also hinted that Enkidel was subconsciously trying to grow wings during his regeneration because that's what he wanted/thought he was. I'm not buying this thing that Amok just gave us what us natural to us. He rewired our body so we'd look like him specifically. His conception of what a nephilim is includes wings and getting worshipped as a god. I'm pretty sure with the right power and circumstance (leaving our body in retcon #1) we could take any shape we wanted to. Different shapes affect our mind differently.

Take notice of the "lesser beings" language. This has been used twice now. Our wings of course. And the Laurels, which we created/chose/whatever after we were altered against our will by Amok.

After thinking about it tonight I've really turned around on Amok. The guy violated our both our mind and body without asking. Just because he let some info slip that didn't matter to him and just so happened to alter our body in a way that lined up with the desires of some posters we give him a pass? He did everything some folks constantly accuse Ishamal and the Melachim of doing but blatantly and without asking or apologizing.

lol ok

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1) B
2) G, E but when they ask "Why" add something about us almost unlocking something that needed to stay locked.
3) J. I, with regrets. Try to placate our guilt by asking Paebel if he'd ever be willing to forget something if we asked him to forget it. When he asks what or why tell him having to ask the balls for secrecy has given us a lot to think about.
4) Question:
Is Ishamel a fan of musicals?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

rex monday posted:

LOL. Reading our minds for expediency and fixing our body from mutililation without asking is hardly good. But the results were completely positive. We found out a bunch of new information, had our body restored to us and gained a new ally. He could have been nicer about it, but it was hardly Hitler.

You know what is Hitler?
- Forcing you to get castrated after having your friends and family threatened with death
- Getting our wings and extra fingers chopped off by creatures trying to do so while we were deathly ill, and then threatening to kill us if we didn't accept their request
- Literal MIND WIPING without permission
- Magical rape
- Slavery
- Witch burning
- Hatred of any and all innovation

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Slaan posted:

LOL. Reading our minds for expediency and fixing our body from mutililation without asking is hardly good. But the results were completely positive. We found out a bunch of new information, had our body restored to us and gained a new ally. He could have been nicer about it, but it was hardly Hitler.

You know what is Hitler?
- Forcing you to get castrated after having your friends and family threatened with death
- Getting our wings and extra fingers chopped off by creatures trying to do so while we were deathly ill, and then threatening to kill us if we didn't accept their request
- Literal MIND WIPING without permission
- Magical rape
- Slavery
- Witch burning
- Hatred of any and all innovation

Dont forget the same things that mutilated us wouldn't lift a finger to save Tanaach from the doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Slaan posted:

You know what is Hitler?

Holy poo poo I didn't think even you were THIS stupid