Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UserErr0r posted:

It's okay I'll revive the game when I return from Arizona in.... 3+ weeks. Ugh.

i tell you, it's hell out here. you gone, zig banned, ripper quit because of ... well, let's not name who's at fault...

dangerous times in GTA, dangerous times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taters
Jun 13, 2005

I've finally gotten a good recording of a peculiar "pulling effect" of sticky-bomb mechanics I've been trying to explain for a while. On a vehicle that can survive a sticky explosion, the vehicle is actually pulled in the direction of the explosion, not away from it.

I'd never even noticed this until the CEO update, specifically the Cargo Vehicles. Most of the time a single sticky bomb will destroy most civilian vehicles, but the ones used for special cargo are much tougher than the regular counterparts; I'd estimate about a 400% increase in durability. This allows the Camper, VW van and other normally very weak vehicles to survive up to 4 sticky bombs before they explode. However they haven't altered the weight of the vehicles at all and you can really see the pulling effect from the second bomb in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kM7YUABkc

This is pretty much a textbook ground based crate kill too. I missed with the first sticky, hitting the rear instead of the side, but the second one is perfect, pulls the rear of the camper 90 degrees toward the side of the explosion. The next bomb goes high on the side to knock the vehicle on its side, then destroy it with bombs to the undercarriage. Unfortunately traffic that had been panicked by the explosions knocked the camper down the road spoiling a sweet smoldering corpse selfie.

edit - harbor patrol - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTicgGrjoUg

taters fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 14, 2016

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Earlier I noticed a pubbie asking for money so I put a bounty on him, and then claimed the bounty. Then he spawned a tank to kill me, so I sent a mugger who stole the tank from him. Am I doing this right?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TSBX posted:

Earlier I noticed a pubbie asking for money so I put a bounty on him, and then claimed the bounty. Then he spawned a tank to kill me, so I sent a mugger who stole the tank from him. Am I doing this right?

No you're supposed to love and kiss them :-*

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I mean, if blowing kisses with a pink MG isn't love, I don't know what is.

ickna
May 19, 2004

My new favorite way to harass pubbies is sniping them from the roof of my Lombank office and going back inside when they wise up.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Psion posted:

i tell you, it's hell out here. you gone, zig banned, ripper quit because of ... well, let's not name who's at fault...

dangerous times in GTA, dangerous times

Eh?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

ickna posted:

My new favorite way to harass pubbies is sniping them from the roof of my Lombank office and going back inside when they wise up.

Lombank is the best, and anyone who chooses Maze Bank West has played themselves. The roof is nice and flat, with only a few steps up to the helipad, as opposed to the disgusting labyrinthine layout that West has. There's enough empty roof space on Lombank to land 2-3 helicopters or even a plane. Plus, the view is amazing.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

N is for Nipples posted:

Lombank is the best, and anyone who chooses Maze Bank West has played themselves. The roof is nice and flat, with only a few steps up to the helipad, as opposed to the disgusting labyrinthine layout that West has. There's enough empty roof space on Lombank to land 2-3 helicopters or even a plane. Plus, the view is amazing.

I'm glad I moved operations to Lombank, it's good. My Buzzard doesn't respawn on the roof as faithfully as it did at Maze Bank for some reason, but if I stand on the ledge and summon it, it will spawn on the helipad about half of the time

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Quick clip compilation, which includes the Taco truck being used as a gang attack platform and Hugh Malone winning a long distance fistfight with...himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-Nctf-3QU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Lotta surprises and belly laughs in there, Bairns. Nice edits :)

The fist fight looked completely normal on my screen, that's pretty awesome

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Picked up Arcadius Business Center and a medium warehouse, and after going to Benny's with my Sabre Turbo I'm now a poor who needs some cool dudes to make money with. I'll probably be on in about an hour (PS4) if anyone else is about.

e: Something came up so I probably won't be on, and if I am it wont be for about 3 hours.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 14, 2016

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

Quick clip compilation, which includes the Taco truck being used as a gang attack platform and Hugh Malone winning a long distance fistfight with...himself.

Taco Trucked!

Is the physics glitch with the tank barrel and the destructible roof reliable? Can you launch a player or vehicle in a predetermined direction of is it just kinda wherever?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

taters posted:

Taco Trucked!

Is the physics glitch with the tank barrel and the destructible roof reliable? Can you launch a player or vehicle in a predetermined direction of is it just kinda wherever?

No real rhyme or reason to its reaction, though I would suspect both the vehicle being launched and it's initial position probably play a part. Haven't tested that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wee Bairns posted:

My video game life is far too deprived of good times like this and I need to fix that soon.

Still, playing that race last night being stuck on the lawn mower was the most hilarious form of torture imaginable.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

No real rhyme or reason to its reaction, though I would suspect both the vehicle being launched and it's initial position probably play a part. Haven't tested that.

TBH, I'm really just chasing the dream of getting a tank on top of a building and firing down on the huddled masses. Or getting a tank on a yacht.

edit - something just occurred to me. When the CEO content was first released, one of my small warehouses was raided by NPCs and I lost like 3 crates before I got there. I stopped running crates b/c I was effected by the bug where I got no money for the sell missions. Ever since that bug was fixed I've not experienced or even heard about a warehouse raid, and I've put an embarrassing amount of hours into this FEDEX simulator.

taters fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 15, 2016

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Shhhh maybe they don't know raids are broken

Hobo Overload
Oct 30, 2011
The first medium warehouse I bought got raided twice before I could fill it up, but maybe I'm just unlucky :shrug:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Mine too, but I haven't had any since the stunt update

Edit: it could be the way that I'm doing it though, I'm either running a crate or doing Headhunter or something pretty much the whole time

E2: I have a pocket watch and some loving egg or something in one warehouse, I really hope that doesn't get raided :ohdear:

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 15, 2016

taters
Jun 13, 2005

I've spent hours on end afk watching TV as a CEO so noobs could get the passive cash and rp and never got raided once. Probably 60+ hours total.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
nm

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've been filling and selling warehouses on both my characters and I've never been raided. Also haven't gotten a call for a special item in a couple weeks now.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Picked up Arcadius Business Center and a medium warehouse, and after going to Benny's with my Sabre Turbo I'm now a poor who needs some cool dudes to make money with. I'll probably be on in about an hour (PS4) if anyone else is about.

e: Something came up so I probably won't be on, and if I am it wont be for about 3 hours.

If you're on this evening I can help you, I'll be home doing thangs today

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Fresh of the cutting room floor, Crate 'splodin' in two parts. Be sure to stick around 'till the end for a new twist on an old favorite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6mjxdgGO6M

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Nobody but taters wants to post anything to entertain others?

I'm gone another week you sad nerds better up your posting game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Playing the game is sometimes better than posting about the game.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zigmidge posted:

Wee Bairns posted:

this page :colbert:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Wee Bairns posted:

This is awesome, thanks for putting it together

Sincerely,
The Pilot of the Cargobob that Doomed Everyone Including The Taco Truck

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

an AOL chatroom posted:

This is awesome, thanks for putting it together

Sincerely,
The Pilot of the Cargobob that Doomed Everyone Including The Taco Truck

RIP Taco truck, you served us well.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

I'm on a Gargoyle kick lately. I'll still use the hydra for sell missions and if I'm outnumbered badly, but the editor really isn't designed for the speed of the jet and you have to put like 40 markers in even a short clip to keep the camera up with the action.

The gargoyle is hands down my favorite vehicle in this game. Its fast, maneuverable and brakes well. It also hops right over anything you can clear with the front tire including oncoming traffic and the freeway dividers. Plus, I feel cool when I cruise around on it and I look cool in my Crate-Hate clips. Also double barrel shotgun blasts to the face.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Zigmidge posted:

:jerkbag:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
a funy picture

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Driving that taco truck was one of the most spiritually enriching moments of my whole entire life and I'm grateful to have shared it with the lot of you, even the guy who blew it up.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 15, 2016

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Driving that taco truck was one of the most spiritually enriching moments of my whole entire life and I'm grateful to have shared it with the lot of you, even the guy who blew it up.

Ps3 days

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Good ol' times...but my cat outfit is much better now tbh

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
these are good posts, HughMalone, keep going

coupedethrille vs windmill:
https://fat.gfycat.com/SleepySolidCrossbill.webm

I still don't understand how it tagged him but not me :confused: