Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

I wouldn't say jumping the shark. but it is lame as hell. Tbf though, Mysterious Heroine X is still Artoria.

Um excuse me they are clearly completely different people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I just started reading Fate/Strange Fake. It's amazing and everyone should read it. It's Fate/Stay only written by the guy who wrote Baccano/Durarara so the cast is zany and bizarre and the story is rich with hijinks. The whole first book is basically dedicated to just setting up all the Master/Servant pairs but just that is awesome since the pairs are so out there and surprising. Now that I've met them all I can't wait to see what kinds of crazy crap happens when they get together and start fighting.

Also it sort of lampshades the whole misogyny and overpowered navel-gazing old men stuff. Which made me smile.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I bet my rear end "Dumas" Caster is actually the Count of Cagliostro

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bakanogami posted:

Um excuse me they are clearly completely different people

Ur right, my mistake.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I bet my rear end "Dumas" Caster is actually the Count of Cagliostro

It's gonna be great when he sees Edmond and has no idea wtf is going on with him.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I have no idea why Sasaki is wearing Mozart's mask in the beach event, but I do know I love the moments between him and Martha, I can't believe that this pairing exists

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
How long do I have to complete part 1 of the event?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

How long do I have to complete part 1 of the event?
As long as the event itself, I assume. Unlocking part 2 shouldn't lock part 1.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Lancer Kiyohime is a maniac yelling about love all the time and I love it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I opened up about 10 spots on my friends list in FGO, here's the code if you want some cool stuff.

I've got a Karna and Lancer Tamamo, but my lancer spot is gonna keep Li Shuwen or Lancer Artoria Alter until I level both of them to a point where I feel comfortable with putting them out there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If you want a bunch of lovely rear end 3*s then I'm your guy!!!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually Artoria and all her clones are quite good.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So does it actually matter in any way (beyond the resource cost) which of the three options you choose to build?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Doesn't matter. Build whichever you like or be resource efficient about it.

You can remove each or all of them once all are built and you pick something else. I guess you would gain those 20 green gel thing for rebuilding with new option, but they aren't worth the cost.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The actual choice is supposed to be which Servant you want to favor, because you get a scene with them after building.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Baal posted:

I opened up about 10 spots on my friends list in FGO, here's the code if you want some cool stuff.
Added you as "Sherra"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I think I have a good team comp for the stone and water areas, though I haven't had time to get to the 40 AP stone and whether it changes from being only Sabers, I haven't had much time yet for the event in general but I hope to clear everything, it seems like a substantially easier event.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got a second Rider mordred off a single roll :negative:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

-Troika- posted:

I got a second Rider mordred off a single roll :negative:
Oh... How nice... Would you like some mapo tofu instead? :kiddo:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have enough tofu from trying to roll for Tesla, thanks

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hopefully the next part is out this Wednesday.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Pretty sure it was slated for the 22nd.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Since we're posting a few friend codes here's mine, I've got Shuten Doji, Karna, and Da Vinci on my account.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Friend of mine translated the first part of Rider Mordred's profile.

quote:

Character Details
Summer! The ocean! Surfing!
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Without further ado, introducing the dramatic entrance of Super Ultra Surfer Mordred - Bikini Style. Surmo-san for short--no wait, SurferMo-san. This time I wasn't summoned as a Saber, but as a Rider so I don't have Clarent, and I didn't come wearing my armor or helmet like usual.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Well, since we're slapping codes down again, here's mine if you want to be annoyed at Servants who will never be capped.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

After gathering up some more Quartz from various Interludes, I rolled. This time I got luckier and... got all the Event CEs, but not a single Servant. :smith:

Too bad none of the Servants on my support list are Iron.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Oh, are we sharing supports? I have 4 spots open after kicking some people who were dead. I have Kintoki, a 90 Lancer Kiyo, Shuten and Cu Alter up for unique things. Got Ozzy while rolling for swimsuits so he'll pop up eventually when Pirates/Kintoki Rider aren't there.

Feel free to send a request for easy berserker supports.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
If we're sharing, then here's a Jeanne Alter and Scathath if anyone doesn't have one

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

Afterwards, Cu apologizes since he was the one who took you fishing and suggests hunting instead. Ann and Mary show up and offer to tag along since they’re good at this, and Arturia comes too since hunting is parts of a knights’ etiquette, and she’s in the Archer class to boot so she won’t let them get away.

>Arturia: “It would be perfect if I had my horses Lamrei or Dun Stallion and the hunting dog Cavall.”
>Cu: “Alright, show me what you got. I just saw a deer over there by the mountain.”

Ann says Mary and she will go for it, but Arturia tells them she’ll do it alone since she hasn’t hunted for a long time and wants to practice.

>Arturia: “Alright, here I go. Ex—“
>Protagonist: “!!???”
>Arturia: “What?”
>Cu: “What’d you mean ‘what!?” What were you going to do all of a sudden!?”

Since the deer was hiding in the forest, she thought to clear out the forest first.

>Arturia: “Isn’t that how you always do it? Are the Celt hunting customs different, Child of Light? Is this a breach of etiquette?”
>Cu: “There’s another problem before going into etiquette! Did nobody around you ever say anything!?”
>Arturia: “Is it really that strange? Agravain used to come hunting with me and would stare with dead-fish eyes and say ‘with all your strength, as expected of Your Majesty’ while applauding… was he just being polite!?”

Agravain being Arturia's sexually confused Gilles is the best possible direction they could've taken his character.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I love how they updated Saber's look of contempt sprite from FSN for this event.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So about Artoria being a lousy king...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It makes sense.... Some random village teenager pull a sword out and become king. She stay in rule by being invincible and powerful and solves everything with the same power until she lost it all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YES LI SHUWEN AND CU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i want to see a vid of li shuwen walking away from the fireball

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Old Shuwen should be an unlock

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yes it's the punch man YES IT'S THE PUNCH MAN

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Li Shuwen is good. Now they just have to announce Kiyohime next and the game will be perfect

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Cu looks better than in Fate/Extra hot drat

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Eh, I thought the tron lines were pretty silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Got Assassin Scathach finally, am I missing something about how to get her NP5 copies?

And then the grind begins to clear the store. :(