Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFW9TnkBERs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
ahahahaha hana got faaaaaaat

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
The Island Fox, Urocyon littoralis, is a distinct species descended from the Grey Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus). Living in isolation on the Channel Islands off the coast of California, they have developed a form of insular dwarfism, leaving them the largest carnivores on their respective islands (each island's population is also a distinct subspecies), but one of the smallest carnivores in the world.

Through great efforts of conservation, they have recently been removed from the endangered species list, and their populations are strong and healthy.

They are also REALLY GODDAMN CUTE AND SMALL LOOK AT THEM.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

This kitty reminds me of a juvenile emperor penguin.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Elias_Maluco posted:

Capys have been showing up on the golf course in Rio olympics

Personally I rather watch capybaras eating grass then a golf game

Same :3:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Do they like each other or is this just détente?

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Everyone loves catbutte right? I've posted about Ceviche months ago. I have had this 14 year old grumpy fuzzbutt for a little over half a year now. He never showed any interest in catnip. Until last night.

While in our living room chatting with my room mate I looked down and saw this

Apparently sometime earlier my roommate had tossed a catnip toy/bag thing in there for our other cat. My cat has seen this toy and showed 0 interest in it before. I was not able to get a picture since he since backed his butt out after but when my roommate checked the other end he apparently had the toy clutched to his chest like a precious treasure. He proceeded to just lick the thing for 15 minutes straight.

Old cats are the craziest and best.

Edit - Non-butt shot for reference.

MisterFuzzles has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Aug 12, 2016

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I'm pretty sure that cat weighs more than she does. :stare:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MisterFuzzles posted:

Everyone loves catbutte right? I've posted about Ceviche months ago. I have had this 14 year old grumpy fuzzbutt for a little over half a year now. He never showed any interest in catnip. Until last night.

While in our living room chatting with my room mate I looked down and saw this

Apparently sometime earlier my roommate had tossed a catnip toy/bag thing in there for our other cat. My cat has seen this toy and showed 0 interest in it before. I was not able to get a picture since he since backed his butt out after but when my roommate checked the other end he apparently had the toy clutched to his chest like a precious treasure. He proceeded to just lick the thing for 15 minutes straight.

Old cats are the craziest and best.

Edit - Non-butt shot for reference.

Is this cat named after the food or the Samurai Pizza Cat?

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

Kwyndig posted:

Is this cat named after the food or the Samurai Pizza Cat?

I never really asked when I adopted him. Might have been the foster caretaker or the shelter before he was fostered that named him. If it was the caretaker, probably the food.

I usually just call him Grumpy Fuzzybutt. Not like he listens either way.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Just meow at him. Then he'll listen.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Maybe it's regional? A friend of mine had a cat who did it all the time, his nickname was Mr. Biscuits.

I actually picked it up from these forums! v:haw:v PI, probably.

Relevant:

my cat is norris has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Aug 13, 2016

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Dick Trauma posted:

Do they like each other or is this just détente?

Please do not post video of my husband and me in bed. It's hot, the bed is to small, and there is a small dog between us. Also...chub chaffs in the night. don't judge.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

my cat is norris posted:

I actually picked it up from these forums! v:haw:v PI, probably.

Relevant:

They sell pusheen stuff now, I have a 12-inch one, my cats like to paw at it

I have a lot of these

I want this

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Aug 13, 2016

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

https://twitter.com/megmogane/status/764280786145030144/photo/1

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

This is my catte.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

This is my catte.

Good cat, IMO.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Even when diving, capybaras look so chill.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%...Eo2SU52eg%3D%3D

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I think the salad's winning the fight.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

"Chicken Caesar salad?!? Why you son of a-" :argh:

Something I thought was kinda silly and :3: at once - was listening to some 90s alternative/rock on YT and Toad the Wet Sprocket came on. I remembered something about their name having to do with Monty Python so I did a little searchin' and the story behind it is pretty great:

quote:

Toad the Wet Sprocket took its name from a Monty Python comedy sketch called "Rock Notes" in which a journalist delivers a nonsensical music news report:

Rex Stardust, lead electric triangle with Toad the Wet Sprocket, has had to have an elbow removed following their recent successful worldwide tour of Finland. Flamboyant ambidextrous Rex apparently fell off the back of a motorcycle. "Fell off the back of a motorcyclist, most likely," quipped ace drummer Jumbo McClooney upon hearing of the accident. Plans are now afoot for a major tour of Iceland.

As their first gig approached, the band still had not chosen a name. The members facetiously adopted "Toad the Wet Sprocket" because they thought it would be "hilarious". Vocalist Glen Phillips later called it "a joke that went on too long", and, according to their website, "it was probably meant to be temporary at the time". The name had been used once before, by a short-lived British blues band of the late 1970s that had appeared on the 1980 Metal for Muthas compilation, although the earlier band had long since split up.

And the best part

quote:

Eric Idle, the sketch's original performer, reflected on the band's name in a 1999 performance:

I once wrote a sketch about rock musicians and I was trying to think of a name that would be so silly nobody would ever use it, or dream it could ever be used. So I wrote the words "Toad the Wet Sprocket". And a few years later, I was driving along the freeway in L.A., and a song came on the radio, and the DJ said, "that was by Toad the Wet Sprocket", and I nearly drove off the freeway.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/684702216351952896/pu/vid/1280x720/dpmgdI3EG-9ikX9K.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

When you haven't unlocked the secret playable character yet.jpg

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CJacobs posted:

When you haven't unlocked the secret playable character yet.jpg

It's just Nyab Saibot.

I couldn't think of a better cat pun :negative:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Making a CAT smilie to represent a crazed cat, with pointy teeth on the first one

Pointy teeth Crazy eyes

Stare w/standard teeth

Choose, 1 or 2, and lemme know if u want pointy teeth on the second one

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The original one with the :catstare: eyebrows is still the best.

Content: 20-year-old Chinese swimmer Fu Yuanhui has captured the hearts of Chinese internet users because she's so energetic and adorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAvyojeegCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn0nPGfH1HI

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

THANK YOU ST. LOUIS, GOODNIGHT

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

She's just so adorably dopey :allears:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/knR2KpW.gifv

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mittens came in a little too hot on his landing.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
whoa there buddy, NWS that pack of feral dogs mauling that poor woman :gonk:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Thin Privilege posted:

Making a CAT smilie to represent a crazed cat, with pointy teeth on the first one

Pointy teeth Crazy eyes

Stare w/standard teeth

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Pointy teeth Crazy eyes

Stare w/standard teeth

I like the first one.

http://i.imgur.com/XVwzE7V.mp4

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

sooomethiiing is wroooooooonnngg

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

:ohdear:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Yeah, basically. I was trying to capture that "cat about to do something stupid and injurious" look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

6 year old girl who watches the news everyday gets a birthday cake with a picture of her favorite anchorman: