Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Aubergine Mage posted:

They keep wearing it with anime shirts. At least wear a goddamn suit if you're gonna wear a stupid hat.

I'd rather they stick with the anime or button up dragon shirts. They don't understand that suits aren't appropriate for the occasions they wear them to. Plus the ones they buy are hilariously too formal looking and the sizing and cut are always way too big. Like, Original Kings of Comedy big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I saw a kid today wearing a fedora, couldn't have been more than 12 years old, I wanted to tell him he's making a huge mistake with his life but I just paid for my sandwich and left and went on with my day :shrug:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Varg posted:

I saw a kid today wearing a fedora, couldn't have been more than 12 years old, I wanted to tell him he's making a huge mistake with his life but I just paid for my sandwich and left and went on with my day :shrug:

at that age he is likely to run in to other kids that will tell him how much of a dumbass he looks like, which will hurt his feelings but turn him in the right direction

If he were 22 or 32 most people would just avoid him out of disgust and he would enable himself by networking with other insufferable assholes

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

stolen from iosm

FEMALE SPOTTED. COMMENCE SEDUCTION

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mak0rz posted:

found this knee slapper in the paper this morning

Lmao

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Aubergine Mage posted:

They keep wearing it with anime shirts. At least wear a goddamn suit if you're gonna wear a stupid hat.

At least wear a real gotdamned fedora instead of a woman's trilby.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

I'd rather they stick with the anime or button up dragon shirts. They don't understand that suits aren't appropriate for the occasions they wear them to. Plus the ones they buy are hilariously too formal looking and the sizing and cut are always way too big. Like, Original Kings of Comedy big.

My main man stebe Harbey is in this picture. His book THINK LIKE A MAN TOO, ACT LIKE A WOMAN ALSO would really be good reading material for this thread.

SquidProQuo
Jan 18, 2015
I once asked my ex if dudes on online dating were as creepy as people made them out to be.
She sent me this:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
If you toss out the anime button downs or my little pony shirts as a factor, another problem with the fedora/trilby wearers is that they buy such halfass discount hats and just plop them on. I have a friend who loves to wear old fashioned dress hats, and her cheapest one is a $100 Stetson. They're made of higher quality beaver felt, and they have to be reshaped regularly, but they look 100% better than all these dorks you see walking around in shapeless, soft felt caps that look like they came from a kid's Indiana Jones halloween costume.

I haven't really interacted much with too many of these fedora guys irl (over here my men's fashion pet peeve is cowboy hats and tennis shoes), but if they really like the hat that much, they could buy a nice one and dress to match it, and they may not look that bad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ratjaculation posted:

stolen from iosm

FEMALE SPOTTED. COMMENCE SEDUCTION

This is.... Not the very worst approach we've seen in this thread. Right notion (see woman, approach in complimentary way) but the execution leaves something to be desired

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I have a fedora I wear and it gets a lot of attention. I'm actually going to wear it next month at my brothers birthday party

we're going to oktoberfest for his birthday and it's a traditional oktoberfest tyrolean

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I skimmed a bunch of this and still don't see any loving PowerPoints. Me and Thrillby are getting angry. I'd make one myself because we learn how to make the worst PowerPoints in boot camp (it's the final battle station exercise at Great Lakes) but I'm a lowly phone poster.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

I have a fedora I wear and it gets a lot of attention. I'm actually going to wear it next month at my brothers birthday party

we're going to oktoberfest for his birthday and it's a traditional oktoberfest tyrolean

Hope its got a fancy feather in it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

King of Bees posted:

I skimmed a bunch of this and still don't see any loving PowerPoints. Me and Thrillby are getting angry. I'd make one myself because we learn how to make the worst PowerPoints in boot camp (it's the final battle station exercise at Great Lakes) but I'm a lowly phone poster.

You can get PowerPoint on all good phones now fyi

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Ratjaculation posted:

You can get PowerPoint on all good phones now fyi

Don't let my boss see this. gently caress.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Arian_Samurai posted:

Hope its got a fancy feather in it.

It does but I think I need a new feather it's like 6 years old

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I own one hat. It's a straw hat. It looks adorable with my garden party dress. That is the hat situation

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Moridin920 posted:

on a side note make that VR program anyway but instead of nice guys a bunch of twinks with large penises (imgay)

I'm sure Robert Yang will be all over that once he gets his hands on a Vive devkit.

This guy :nws: https://radiatoryang.itch.io/

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

i forgot she had a manbun

CrazyLoon posted:

Yea, I mean...that's just piss-poor can opening skills, even if it is spaghetti-o's.

yeah, you can tell she didn't rehearse at all

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 14, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Thats nice and all but where's the performance art of a guy stuffing his butt full of spaghetti or something and making GBS threads it out on a canvas? Whys it always gotta be women

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Zzulu posted:

Thats nice and all but where's the performance art of a guy stuffing his butt full of spaghetti or something and making GBS threads it out on a canvas? Whys it always gotta be women

There was that one gay dude who decided to have a live showing of him getting hosed in the butt by another dude for the first time, but he either chickened out or purposefully misdirected people and instead wrote poo poo on his body, had people cut his hair, and then invited audience members into a shack to shove bananas into his mouth while he stared at them angrily

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/19437/1/clayton-pettet-art-school-stole-my-virginity-what-actually-happened-interview

also lol:

quote:

"Performance art is poo poo. Get a grip and pick up a loving paintbrush”.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If performance art is just being a huge weird aggro shitheap then SA is the greatest hotbed of performance art in history

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

If performance art is just being a huge weird aggro shitheap then SA is the greatest hotbed of performance art in history

I guess the difference is that SA doesn't claim to be art

or... maybe that makes it the most brilliant performance art of all???

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tbh I consider avshaloms posting to be art, legit

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I INVOKE HAT RULE

(or was that just for the AUG thread)

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
all life is performance fart

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

AUG

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
You whore bitches don't DESERVE a man in a fine hat.mp4

naem
May 29, 2011

I own several straw trilbys but I bought them all on vacation to prevent my ears from baconing

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I've owned a few straw hats that have been beaten to poo poo and destroyed because I use them for outdoor stuff and concerts, also idgaf, so they automatically cool

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I own two hats: a black wool toque for winter and a Wilson baseball cap that used to be black but is now a nasty brown color from sun bleaching that I only wear outside the summer because I shave my head and don't want to get cancer

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i have one hat for like outdoor fl yardwork that i call the "ugly hat"

it is ugly :shrug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have a couple of baseball caps, a stocking cap, a Chinese Communist hat, and some weird wool hipster winter hat thing that I had my girlfriend cut the weird dangly bits off of.

I almost never wear any of them.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
gently caress your hats plz give me more terrible nerds

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I got a bunch of baseball caps I pretty much never wear because I apparently couldn't stop myself from buying them when I went to Disney World, and a bomber hat/trapper hat, whatever you wanna call those furry hats withe ear flaps that I wear all the time in the winter and give no fucks because my purchasing decision for it was not "Hmmm, yes, this will make me look cool" but rather "poo poo, that looks warm as hell." And it is. So gently caress you.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Come on goons, that can't be everyone who owns a hat. Don't hold out on us.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Travis343 posted:

Come on goons, that can't be everyone who owns a hat. Don't hold out on us.

I own one of those Russian ushanka hats. I wear it when it's snowing heavily enough to justify it.

I also own a flat cap that one of my uncles gave me, but I never wear it because I'm not an old man.

I have a luchador mask, does that count?

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
I own several hats. Most are ball caps for ships I served on or political campaigns. I also have a couple of boonie hats (which are great for being outdoors), a number of military-style caps, some woolen winter caps, a brown broad-brimmed fedora, a red felt fez, and a couple of keffiyehs. Most are souvenirs.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
BOONIE HAT BEST HAT

(For hiking for beach for even times when your sad ^^^ :sigh:)

DONOT Confuse with awful SCARY BucketHat:
:spooky::cry::cry::spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The last time I wore a hat was a baseball cap I wore for a week in middle school because I got my hair cut too short and it looked dumber than the hat did

• Locked thread