Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Suck my loving dick, I'm so loving tired of playing nice to anyone who wasn't combat arms. You don't. loving. Know. None of you will. You don't know what it's like when it's loving personal, when your best friends are getting killed and mutilated, when it isn't about political bullshit, but just you and the closest men you'll ever be with against dudes that want you loving dead. Pissing on those shitheads is loving nothing compared to other poo poo that happens, especially what they do to us. That poo poo was eye for an eye, that isn't some loving war crime. They didn't go around killing little kids and poo poo and murdering women.

I'll take a probie for this, because I don't want to constantly censor myself because some of you might not like my worldview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mike-o posted:

Suck my loving dick, I'm so loving tired of playing nice to anyone who wasn't combat arms. You don't. loving. Know. None of you will. You don't know what it's like when it's loving personal, when your best friends are getting killed and mutilated, when it isn't about political bullshit, but just you and the closest men you'll ever be with against dudes that want you loving dead. Pissing on those shitheads is loving nothing compared to other poo poo that happens, especially what they do to us. That poo poo was eye for an eye, that isn't some loving war crime. They didn't go around killing little kids and poo poo and murdering women.

I'll take a probie for this, because I don't want to constantly censor myself because some of you might not like my worldview.

Its a war crime. You advocated for it. And you're let your emotions get to you and allowed yourself to take actions that directly contradict your standards. People have been court martialed for less, and have shot up villages for less.

You are better than this.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CommieGIR posted:

Its a war crime. You advocated for it. And you're let your emotions get to you and allowed yourself to take actions that directly contradict your standards. People have been court martialed for less, and have shot up villages for less.

Hey so while you're right on a purely ethical and legal stand point, shut the gently caress up anyway.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
i just came here to see wikkid hexplosions

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

i just came here to see wikkid hexplosions

Just put on some trippy tunes and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER5rztRzOaM

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hey so while you're right on a purely ethical and legal stand point, shut the gently caress up anyway.

Yeah this.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, it's a war crime. And he should have gotten yelled at, or a reprimand, or, maybe, depending on what kind of troop he was, an Article 15. That poo poo takes place all the time, in all conflicts. It's illegal for a reason, we don't want to dehumanize the enemy, we don't want to let that go unpunished, but it's not My Lai. Get off your high horse and treat it like what it is, folks pumped on adrenaline and fear and emotional highs caused when you lose folks, and the other side doesn't follow the rules. No one gave the guy a pass, everyone knows it has consequences.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UGH SHUT THE gently caress UP AND POST PICTURES

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

We train young men to shoot up sedans at TCPs, but their commanders won't allow them to piss on a mud corpse because it's obscene!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
This thread turned into downer town real fast

Turn around thread, turn around!

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 14, 2016

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

Mike-O and his wingmen:

This thread:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

Mike-O and his wingmen:

This thread:

:vince: gatDAMN

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Duke Chin posted:

Codename: Zoolander

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

So, uh, I ... posted the video. I was an enabler to what IDR claimed to be and was on every mission we ran, most of which I was responsible for. The MSOTs and ODAs harbored a lot of poo poo carried over from Iraq, thus the Bati Kot "massacre", Azizabad and Gerani air strikes, and myriad investigations into "alleged detainee abuse". This grunt mentality of "you weren't loving there" is sometimes appropriate but in my personal experience a coping mechanism for never understanding why a CONOP was being undertaken in the first place. The Task and Purpose mind frame was ever present without anyone really considering the actual conduct of the missions. I wasn't by definition combat arms but I sure as gently caress rolled around in the same level of danger on the same loving missions. No poo poo pissing on dead ACF/ACM/Taliban/Insurgents/HVI/POI/Facilitators/IED makers is nothing in comparison. It's not even on the radar. Which is a direct reflection of possessing the intellect to push a Pred off the objective or tell a stupid motherfucker to put his camera away.

Professionalism is the fine line between admitting to the hosed up poo poo you did and acknowledging in private, often only to your self, the hosed up poo poo you did.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

Mike-O and his wingmen:

This thread:

dont pin that poo poo on mikeo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zeris posted:

Mike-O and his wingmen:

This thread:

:regd08:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/dlEd5Cd.mp4

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Now it is you

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I'm mike o

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

Now it is you

:madmax:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

UGH SHUT THE gently caress UP AND POST PICTURES

God drat this is such a genuinely good photo. I'd love to see nuke tests with those fancy RED cameras and poo poo, or space detonations with all the cool imagery we can do there nowadays.

So loving cool

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The best lesson is don't upload war crimes to loving youtube

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
do not periscope razing afghani villages

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Or not commit warcrimes. But apparently, that's hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd1IFjBNNVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-0NO262Ig

You can't buy Dr. Frank Shelton's book "Reflections of a Nuclear Weaponeer" for cheap, cheapest copy I've found is about $1,800.
https://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Nuclear-Weaponeer-Frank-Shelton/dp/1881816028

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 15, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

kind of like dropping your stupid argument apparently

ps no one is advocating for pissing on corpses, but somehow you seemed to have missed that point from your high pulpit of moral outrage

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ps no one is advocating for pissing on corpses, but somehow you seemed to have missed that point from your high pulpit of moral outrage

Slim Pickens did. Which resulted in a bunch of echos. But yea, I'm just making poo poo up.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 15, 2016

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

SO CLOSE, DON'T STOP NOW

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

kind of like dropping your stupid argument apparently

:golfclap:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CommieGIR posted:

your posting is a war crime

e: for nukes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Pesticide20 posted:

your posting is a war crime

So I'm in good company

Crossroads Shot Baker

:colbert: Post more nukes, and stop with the scat revenge fetish.

Rainbow Bombs: Documentary narrated by William Shatner on ICBM and high altitude test developments, as well as ABM systems, mostly US tech, some Soviet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlRWaWC5xl0

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 15, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Slim Pickens did. Which resulted in a bunch of echos. But yea, I'm just making poo poo up.

it was then that i remembered who exactly i was arguing with and suddenly all the fucks left my body

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

it was then that i remembered who exactly i was arguing with and suddenly all the fucks left my body

wanna see the color of his urine to determine if he was properly hydrated.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

You're precious :allears:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

wanna see the color of his urine to determine if he was properly hydrated.

the loving marine corps as ruined me whenever I piss. "drat i'm hydrated" "poo poo I need to drink more water"

every loving time

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zeris posted:

SO CLOSE, DON'T STOP NOW

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I typed up a long dumb care post and then deleted it so I'll just summarize: I've got a lot of loving issues that I know most of you are more than aware and have experienced yourselves, and I'm sorry for making GBS threads up the thread dudes. I miss my Iraq war buddies, and I'm never going to be closer to anyone in my life than any of them because of what we went through, so yeah I've got a lot of very strong feelings about all that. Again, sorry for the dumb gay meltdown because of sad/angry brains.

Please post more nukes because gently caress this gay earth.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I wish there was better video of Op Wigwam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wigwam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannikin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike-o posted:

I typed up a long dumb care post and then deleted it so I'll just summarize: I've got a lot of loving issues that I know most of you are more than aware and have experienced yourselves, and I'm sorry for making GBS threads up the thread dudes. I miss my Iraq war buddies, and I'm never going to be closer to anyone in my life than any of them because of what we went through, so yeah I've got a lot of very strong feelings about all that. Again, sorry for the dumb gay meltdown because of sad/angry brains.

Please post more nukes because gently caress this gay earth.

Nobody thinks you're at fault here, keep doing your thing man