Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Angular Landbury posted:

Please be shoot fights. Please be shoot fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/HazardF5/status/764734664774934528

So for those keeping track, the belt that was the Legends title, the Global title, the TV title, and the KOTM title has finally been retired and replaced with the Grand title. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_King_of_the_Mountain_Championship Been a hell of a ride, g*dspeed

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

So for those keeping track, the belt that was the Legends title, the Global title, the TV title, and the KOTM title has finally been retired and replaced with the Grand title. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_King_of_the_Mountain_Championship Been a hell of a ride, g*dspeed

Has any single title ever had more name changes?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has any single title ever had more name changes?

WWWF World Heavyweight
WWWF Heavyweight
WWF Heavyweight
WWF World Heavyweight
WWF Championship
Undisputed WWF
Undisputed WWE
WWE Championship
WWE World Heavyweight
WWE World

Not as extreme of name changes, but they're there!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

DISARM YOU WITH A SMILE

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

WWWF World Heavyweight
WWWF Heavyweight
WWF Heavyweight
WWF World Heavyweight
WWF Championship
Undisputed WWF
Undisputed WWE
WWE Championship
WWE World Heavyweight
WWE World

Not as extreme of name changes, but they're there!

There was a lot of merging/splitting/new belt introduction/company name changes over several decades so I don't know if that counts quite as much as TNA's "we're gonna do a whole new thing every other week" title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

There was a lot of merging/splitting/new belt introduction/company name changes over several decades so I don't know if that counts quite as much as TNA's "we're gonna do a whole new thing every other week" title.

Yeah, at least the KOTM title was openly acknowledged on-air and in an official Youtube video as "remember the Legends/Global/TV titles? They were all the same physical belt, and it's this now"

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Outside of the first match for it, was the King of the Mountain title ever actually defended in a King of the Mountain match?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Envisioned posted:

Outside of the first match for it, was the King of the Mountain title ever actually defended in a King of the Mountain match?

According to cagematch.net, 3 of 19 defenses were king of the mountain matches.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Does TNA genuinely get bored/ADHD about their own concepts way faster than Vince? Or is it more that too many people are deciding which direction to go?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

TNA has always had a problem with pushing guys they couldn't bother to hold onto.

Let's all read the LOLTNA wiki again

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

sticklefifer posted:

Does TNA genuinely get bored/ADHD about their own concepts way faster than Vince? Or is it more that too many people are deciding which direction to go?

half of the main event angles since its creation involve a heel faction splitting off from and/or feuding with another heel faction

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Let's all read the LOLTNA wiki again
Nevermind it's down, hopefully not permanently

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chris James 2 posted:

What's the S stand for?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

nooneofconsequence posted:

What's the S stand for?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Appreciating this post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

* Xplosion Match: Eli Drake defeated Braxton Sutter
* Xplosion: Eddie Edwards defeated Marshee Rockett
* Future One Night Only Pay-Per-View Match: Tyrus defeated Crazzy Steve when Rosemary's interference backfired
* Future One Night Only PPV Match: Marti Belle defeated Madison Rayne
* Future One Night Only PPV Match: Moose defeated DJ Zema Ion
* Future One Night Only PPV Match: Mahabali Shera defeated Rockstar Spud
* Future One Night Only PPV Match: Bobby Lashley defeated Eddie Edwards

* Gail Kim vs. Jade kicks off Impact. Sienna interferes and Maria Kanellis orders no title shot for Gail
* In-ring segment with Aron Rex (Damien Sandow), Drew Galloway and Ethan Carter III to set up Galloway vs. EC3 with Rex as referee
* TNA World, X Division and King of the Mountain Champion Bobby Lashley comes out and talks about unifying all of the singles title. Billy Corgan shoots the idea down. Dixie Carter tries to calm things but Lashley isn't having it. He tosses the KOTM and X Division Titles, saying they are dead from here on out
* Allie defeated Marti Belle, Jade, Madison Rayne and Sienna to become the new TNA Knockouts Champion in a No DQ match
* Mike Bennett wins a battle royal to become the new #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title. Lashley was on commentary
* Abyss defeated Jeff Hardy with help from Rosemary. The Hardys vs. The Decay for the TNA Tag Team Titles is official for Bound For Glory
* Eli Drake hosts another "Fact of Life" segment with Mandrews, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Rockstar Spud, Braxton Sutter and DJ Zema Ion. It's announced that a new X Division Champion will be crowned "next week" on Impact
* EC3 keeps his World Heavyweight Title shot by defeating Drew Galloway in the main event. Galloway turned on Rex, who was the special referee

* DJ Zema Ion won Ultimate X over Rockstar Spud, Mandrews, Braxton Sutter, Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee to become the new X Division Champion
* Mike Bennett cuts a promo in the ring to hype his World Heavyweight Title match for tonight and calls Moose out. Lashley shows up instead and says Moose has moved on from Bennett. Lashley wants their match to be a No DQ match. Lashley tries to convince Bennett that Moose doesn't care about him anymore but Bennett doesn't believe it. Moose interrupts and basically calls Lashley a liar. Moose says he will be the one who decides the World Heavyweight Champion tonight
* Ethan Carter III defeated Eli Drake
* Heel Drew Galloway and comes out to talk about why he attacked Aron Rex (Damien Sandow). He calls Rex an intruder. Galloway knocks the fans and Rex, promising to take him out for good if he sees him again. Billy Corgan comes out and mentions almost suspending Galloway but says someone talked him out of it. Galloway said Corgan is now Dixie Carter's bitch. Rex appears and reveals he was the one who talked Corgan out of suspending Galloway. Rex and Galloway brawl until it's broken up
* Allie comes out for her Knockouts Title celebration. She cuts a promo and is interrupted by Sienna, who wants blood. Maria Kanellis stops her and ends up ripping into Allie, basically calling her useless. Maria says the celebration isn't for Allie, it's for new opponent. Maria tells Allie to lay down and pins her. Maria is the new Knockouts Champion
* Bobby Lashley retained the World Heavyweight Title over Mike Bennett. Moose was there and somewhat turned his back on Bennett. After the match, Bennett wants an explanation and calls Moose a failure. Moose decks him and leaves him laying

* Billy Corgan comes out and it's announces that he's the new TNA President. He announces that the KOTM Title is now retired, then reveals the Impact Grand Title on a podium. Galloway interrupts and demands a title shot. Corgan reveals that 8 wrestlers will face off in a single elimination tournament. The matches will feature 3 three-minute rounds with judges deciding the winners, if the matches don't end before the time limit. The first-ever Impact Grand Champion will be crowned at Bound For Glory. Rex interrupts and has words with Galloway. Corgan puts Galloway in the first tournament match
* Drew Galloway defeated Braxton Sutter in a Grand Title tournament match. Standard match with three unknown judges at ringside watching and taking score. After the match, Spud comes out and attacks Sutter
* Mike Bennett comes out and blames Moose for his loss to Lashley. Bennett says he's done with Moose and is focusing on the title now. Dixie Carter interrupts and introduces Bennett's partner for BFG - Moose. Moose chases Bennett and Maria off
* Jade and Gail Kim defeated Allie and Sienna. The story was that Allie wasn't let in because she's not a "real wrestler." Fans chanted for Allie and she finally tagged herself in, went to work but hit Sienna on accident
* Eli Drake defeated Jessie Godderz in a Grand Title tournament match

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Having Lashley win all the belts seems especially pointless when they just vacated the X Division title and had someone else win it immediately and then replaced the other one.

Also, for people keeping count, that's 3 title changes so far

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

Having Lashley win all the belts seems especially pointless when they just vacated the X Division title and had someone else win it immediately and then replaced the other one.

Also, for people keeping count, that's 3 title changes so far

Seriously why the gently caress did they do that angle? All they did is bury the gently caress out of their roster, THEN their belts, for literally no reason.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously why the gently caress did they do that angle? All they did is bury the gently caress out of their roster, THEN their belts, for literally no reason.

They thought it was a good idea and then couldn't think of a way out of it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
And then he didn't even try to get the tag titles lol.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA
* TNA World, X Division and King of the Mountain Champion Bobby Lashley comes out and talks about unifying all of the singles title. Billy Corgan shoots the idea down. Dixie Carter tries to calm things but Lashley isn't having it. He tosses the KOTM and X Division Titles, saying they are dead from here on out
* Abyss defeated Jeff Hardy with help from Rosemary. The Hardys vs. The Decay for the TNA Tag Team Titles is official for Bound For Glory

* DJ Zema Ion won Ultimate X over Rockstar Spud, Mandrews, Braxton Sutter, Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee to become the new X Division Champion
* Heel Drew Galloway and comes out to talk about why he attacked Aron Rex (Damien Sandow). He calls Rex an intruder. Galloway knocks the fans and Rex, promising to take him out for good if he sees him again. Billy Corgan comes out and mentions almost suspending Galloway but says someone talked him out of it. Galloway said Corgan is now Dixie Carter's bitch. Rex appears and reveals he was the one who talked Corgan out of suspending Galloway. Rex and Galloway brawl until it's broken up
* Allie comes out for her Knockouts Title celebration. She cuts a promo and is interrupted by Sienna, who wants blood. Maria Kanellis stops her and ends up ripping into Allie, basically calling her useless. Maria says the celebration isn't for Allie, it's for new opponent. Maria tells Allie to lay down and pins her. Maria is the new Knockouts Champion

lmfao at all of this. Devaluing all of the singles titles by declaring them dead, the Hardys just finished a 3 month feud and are now tagging together again for no reason, an ex-WWE guy calling an ex-WWE guy an intruder and a turning heel because of it, and a loving fingerpoke of doom to top it all off.

TNA. Cross the Line!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lashley should've put on a wig and a skirt and won the Knockouts title imo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Gutted they gave Chelsea Green an efed name:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/764977575584292864

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

bradzilla posted:

lmfao at all of this. Devaluing all of the singles titles by declaring them dead, the Hardys just finished a 3 month feud and are now tagging together again for no reason, an ex-WWE guy calling an ex-WWE guy an intruder and a turning heel because of it, and a loving fingerpoke of doom to top it all off.

TNA. Cross the Line!
Matt broke Jeff, that is why they are tagging.

The truly stupid thing is that Matt isn't in the main event right now because he's drawing a lot of attention.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Also they're doing a 'judges score the matches' storyline and the judges are according tot his '3 unknown people'

I know TNA is light on legends and all, but you can't even try to get people over in this scenario by having the judges be someone that anyone gives a poo poo about? That seems like about the easiest thing possible to make it seem like a big deal instead of another stupid terrible idea

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
It's taken quite some time, but I've made peace with TNA. It can continue on its merry way, and I won't care anymore. But the loving Knockout names they give their female talent still bugs me far more than it should.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
So Dragon Gate's doing a non-televised Triangle Gate defense on 9/4 so I've gone from 75/25 that Akira Tozawa's heading to WWE to 90/10.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boy I can't wait to see the great matches that come out of three three-minute rounds! Gonna be tons of MOTC in there, I bet. Good work all around, TNA.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its efed names all the way down

https://twitter.com/ceftaxias/status/764977011630673922

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If they were E-feds, they'd all enter to "Walk"

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Let's make up fake TNA names

Broxwell Vankness
Jono Narfwell
Jennivver Sweet
Jeff
Stevenson Lonx

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Angular Landbury posted:

Broxwell Vankness
Jono Narfwell
Jennivver Sweet
Jeff
Stevenson Lonx

and your new TNA Champion...Keith!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

So Dragon Gate's doing a non-televised Triangle Gate defense on 9/4 so I've gone from 75/25 that Akira Tozawa's heading to WWE to 90/10.

I'm starting my pre-crying now.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Angular Landbury posted:

Broxwell Vankness
Jono Narfwell
Jennivver Sweet
Jeff
Stevenson Lonx

Oney Lorcan

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Angular Landbury posted:

Broxwell Vankness
Jono Narfwell
Jennivver Sweet
Jeff
Stevenson Lonx

Bazooka Kaboom
Napalm Skydeath
Octo Rugboy
Fred
Borion Lorax

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Gen. Eric Hueman

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Soron Xavier
Chad
Lazzy Homerun
Isaiah Dexter

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sermon Baxter
Linden Quick
William Jefferson Clinton
Zack Sabre Jr.
Cobweb Redmond
Stock Nightingale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
none of these names come close to Baron Dax and Basile Baraka on the terribleness scale