Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kaubocks posted:

Also it's been voiced before but it'd be nice if VC games had cross buy. Already have it on Wii u but I'd love to play MMX on 3DS. :(

When OlliOlli went on sale for a buck, buying it on the WiiU unlocked it on the 3DS, so the structure is there, but they just don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cross buy should be a thing but I really want cross saves. I started a Super Metroid run after playing AM2R and it would be nice if I could continue on my 3DS when I'm away.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I thought some of the Sega 3D classics were going to be on sale this week but I'm not seeing that on the eShop. I want to complete my collection of 3D remakes of super scalar games...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Speaking of those, are there any more planned? I really would love to see 3D Classics Ristar and Dynamite Headdy.

I've given up hope for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Random Stranger posted:

I thought some of the Sega 3D classics were going to be on sale this week but I'm not seeing that on the eShop. I want to complete my collection of 3D remakes of super scalar games...

The sale actually starts on Monday.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Anora posted:

When OlliOlli went on sale for a buck, buying it on the WiiU unlocked it on the 3DS, so the structure is there, but they just don't do it.

They don't do it because there's only two ways to do it on Wii U/3DS and both of them are workarounds that are very easy to exploit and very disadvantageous t any dev that uses them.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/ImageForm/status/761622821525127169

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the first trailer for the 3DS eShop version of Gurumin, announced around E3 and due out in all regions "'this summer":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhQKojeAY4

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fremry posted:

The $150 Super Mario Land edition 3DSs are definitely the "New 3DS" only in the regular size. I am going to sell/trade in my n3DSXL because it hurts my hands for long play sessions and the resolution stinks.

Tbh, downgrading from N3DSXL to N3DS didn't do a whole lot to make it any more comfortable or ergonomic. It's noticeably lighter, but that's about it. It's an improvement if you play in bed. Smaller screens do look better, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/765096434777620480

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Okay, who damned an innocent soul to the devil to make this happen? And can they please share their step-by-step ritual instructions?

:peanut:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Okay, who damned an innocent soul to the devil to make this happen? And can they please share their step-by-step ritual instructions?

:peanut:

Thank the millions of millenials "playing" PokémonGO

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Reggie don't fail me now

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

God bless Pokemon Goers.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Those crystal maiden speeches are like 8 seconds long.

and i was a child high off my gourd on sugar or some poo poo they may as well have been an eternity

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr Cheeto posted:

Reggie don't fail me now

Now you jinx it. Prepare for it to come out six months from now while we get some old shovelware for the SNES.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rirse posted:

Now you jinx it. Prepare for it to come out six months from now while we get some old shovelware for the SNES.

More like Now you Jynx it.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I do wonder if they plan on following up Pokemon R/B/Y on VC with G/S/P anytime soon, or if they're going to hold those for after Sun/Moon hype dies down and everyone is like "where the poo poo are the NX Pokeymans"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the g/s remakes are already playable on the current gen system, as is platinum which i assume is P

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well red and green were already playable on GBA.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

Thank the millions of millenials "playing" PokémonGO

my dad plays Pokemon Go

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Looper posted:

my dad plays Pokemon Go

Do you... do you want to talk about it?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Oh hell yes.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It's...possible that NA also gets Pokemon Snap this week. The Pokemon Company did say to watch out for more VC Pokemon releases through the summer.

Pokemon sidegames not currently released on NA Wii U VC (let me know if I miss any):

N64:
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2 (not going to happen)

DS:
Pokemon Ranger 3
Pokemon Conquest (Requires Koei-Temco...?)

Wii:
PokePark 2
Pokemon Battle Revolution (not going to happen)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Patter Song posted:

Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2 (not going to happen)

Do not crush my dream of a legit surfing pikachu.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
There doesn't seem to be a press release for this weeks eshop titles (except for Snap). I wonder if it means a Direct is incoming?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pokemon Conquest is legit loving great but I won't hold my breath. Snap would be cool enough for NA.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why wouldn't stadium happen

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

In Training posted:

Why wouldn't stadium happen

Because a Surfing Raichu would make me too happy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Surfing Pikachu back as its Alola form

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Half of Stadium's appeal was using your own pokemon from the games via transfer pack. They'd have to dummy out a looooot of content to bring those in.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Not a Children posted:

Half of Stadium's appeal was using your own pokemon from the games via transfer pack. They'd have to dummy out a looooot of content to bring those in.

Alternately, they'd have to put a bunch of work into figuring out a way for a Wii U VC game to interact with save data from a 3DS VC game. They aren't going to put in that kind of work this close to a new console launch.

The NX is a possibility (helped along by the fact that a hybrid handheld/console would have both home and handheld VC libraries) depending on how fast they start rolling out VC titles.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Zonekeeper posted:

depending on how fast they start rolling out VC titles.

haha

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

If Nintendo trickles out VC releases at the same pace for NX I won't be mad, I'll just be disappointed.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Probably not gonna happen but what about Hey You Pikachu!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Patter Song posted:

Pokemon sidegames not currently released on NA Wii U VC (let me know if I miss any):

DS:
Pokemon Ranger 3
Pokemon Conquest (Requires Koei-Temco...?)

Pokémon Dash
Pokémon Trozei
Pokémon Typing Adventure

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

Probably not gonna happen but what about Hey You Pikachu!

Didn't that have a microphone peripheral. I think that would put it in the same camp as Pokémon Stadium, i.e. way too much work for very little payoff.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

At least it would have an accessory that could be utilized for it: the game pad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ineffiable posted:

At least it would have an accessory that could be utilized for it: the game pad.

Yeah, there's no reason the gamepad microphone couldn't be fudged to pass through to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Do you... do you want to talk about it?

nah, he's cool