Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

In addition to all the other bad poo poo I don't think I could handle the hatred of "free time".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Casimir Radon posted:

In addition to all the other bad poo poo I don't think I could handle the hatred of "free time".

Idle hands are the devil's workshop, don't you know.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
My dad made my brother and sister stand on a blanket facing the wall when they were bad.

But they were already like 8 years old so he was half-assing blanket training like everything else in life.

Jim...eh

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When do children graduate from blanket training to blanket parties?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

10-1 whomever wrote that is a kiddie fucker and I'd gladly strangle them with their own intestines.

It's a goddamn primer for making complacent victims.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Old money new creepy rituals.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Decrepus posted:

Old money new creepy rituals.

It is very True Detective with the laurel crown there. I really want to see the documentary that still was pulled from.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I only read the headings, the details couldn't make it any worse, right? :ohdear:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I like that Gothard went the extra mile and had one reason being raped by someone is a good thing for each of Jesus' apostles. Which one is Judas, though?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pvt.Scott posted:

I like that Gothard went the extra mile and had one reason being raped by someone is a good thing for each of Jesus' apostles. Which one is Judas, though?

i mean, do people like him actually believe the poo poo they say. or is it just a con so they can have an outlet of rape/sadism/child loving.

i have never been religious. ever. so i guess i can never tell if its just a con or genuin

for example this oval office is clearly a con artist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCXzKWWmIkU

but what about these people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAM8ILWgYb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNP52mHgbQE or this fat gently caress who says he was going to be the witch king of the world.

as i have said before in alot of these threads, probably this one too. its like the emperors new clothes. but everyone of these evanglicals is both the tailors and the emperor. i think most of them know that they are all lying or bullshiting.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 16, 2016

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Hey Jims, how y'all Bobbin'? Eatin' Fresh, I hope?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
All the JIms are Bobbed in a Row here

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The Olympic gold winners for blanket training. Coach Gothard is pleased.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Josh got a gold medal in floor exercises, in the dark, with his fingers inside of his sister.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It looks like these two have had their role dramatically reduced in the new season. It used to be Jill and Jessa: Counting On, now it's just Counting On, and they're nowhere to be seen in the promo photos and videos despite being back in Arkansas.

And Jinger's fiance looks like he's 40 and middle eastern.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It looks like these two have had their role dramatically reduced in the new season. It used to be Jill and Jessa: Counting On, now it's just Counting On, and they're nowhere to be seen in the promo photos and videos despite being back in Arkansas.

And Jinger's fiance looks like he's 40 and middle eastern.

allahu jimbob

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SERPUS posted:

Josh got a gold medal in floor exercises, in the dark, with his fingers inside of his sister.

Josh Bob's 4x4 race is a bit different than standard track events as well.

"Raise Your Duggs"

Genetically
We spawned hard and prevailed
Blanketly
We were training

Publicity
Dodging justice, hiding Josh
Show funding
Paid by fundies

Eagerly
We filled the show with white jesus
Hungrily
Getting ratings

Dugg home calls
We return on the rv
Twilight falls
Josh Bob creeping

So lock the door on duggar whores
A title they have earned
And save the soul of Josh who fell
So he can make his return

Raise your duggs
Raise them up to be "fine"
We will pray for money tonight
Raise your duggs to be proud duggar men
We will meet where the women give in

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Dapper_Swindler posted:

people who wrote this should be loving killed. like what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

Page back but hurr hurr you use your arousal that you somehow get by being raped for GOD (?????) also you MUST tell your parents but when realistically when your parents are religious psychos where sex=evil, a poor molested kid trying to tell them s/he was molested is going to be met with at best ignoring and at worst beating. Either one is horrific. It is so loving depressing cause I know nothing is gonna happen to help those kids :smith:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Remember kids: there is always more and it is always worse

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Someone hit him in the face with a shovel for masturbating in the linen closet, right?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Someone hit him in the face with a shovel for masturbating in the linen closet, right?

I'm pretty sure they've straightened his schnozz out some and worked on his teeth. I think those are post-work photos. That poor woman. That poor man. :smith:

E: I think I remember his nose just being smeared across his face at some point.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I'll say it again: he looks exactly like what you'd expect someone with the name "Derrick Dillard" to look like.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Someone hit him in the face with a shovel for masturbating in the linen closet moving off the blanket, right?

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Looks like that jimbob got d*ggared.

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

So I tried looking up the verses mentioned but couldn't get past #1. How did they get victim blaming out of that?

If a child is molested and no-one is around to hear is it still a crime?

Yes

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

C.P.A.N. posted:

So I tried looking up the verses mentioned but couldn't get past #1. How did they get victim blaming out of that?

If a child is molested and no-one is around to hear is it still a crime?

Yes

If a Jim Bob is Josh Bobbed in the night, is it still a crime?

EAT FRESH

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Re: wacky Old Testament rape laws,

If you're a woman raped within city walls and there are no witnesses other than yourself and your rapist the law assumed several things for a few reasons. There likely weren't any additional witnesses because the woman did not cry out for help or struggle sufficiently, leaving a void of evidence as to whether it was rape or consensual or a complete fabrication entirely. Charges needed two male or three female witnesses to give evidence to have weight in court, so with just a man and a woman you don't have enough to go on. If she wasn't already married, there were protocols to at least nominally protect the woman's honor and her family. Most fathers probably would keep a close eye on their brand new forced-dowry son-in-law.

If the woman was married but you don't have the required witnesses, you have knowledge that a transgression took place, but without clear community support for a conviction, strife between the two families of the accused would be sure to follow, as all sorts of social contracts had been violated and vengeance would be sought. In interest of keeping peace, you kill both parties and nobody goes home happy, but at least you've probably prevented mass bloodshed by literally burying the issue.

Cities were very tight and intimate quarters and a struggle would likely be noticed and cries for help certainly would be heard, so the logic sorta makes sense in the absence of a police force, forensics and a centralized justice system.

The commandment against bearing false witness from the Big Ten is actually tied directly into this justice system and has nothing to do with general lying or deceit. If you were giving false testimony in court and found out, you were killed. So they at least in theory tried to keep the witnesses honest.

All of the social pressure and stigma on women about sexual purity and fidelity was near guaranteed to keep them honest about assaults in a real sense, as even if they were wronged and justice was served, they could be denied access to finding a good husband and thus a safe home and financial situation and be forced to work for slave wages or prostitute themselves.

For being raped outside of a city there weren't the witness requirements for obvious reasons, so I guess if you wanted to write a MRA wank novel about a beautiful, unwed jewess from a rural family ruining men's lives with false rape accusations in ancient Jewish times, you could probably move a few Kindle copies. Shotgun weddings for family profit followed by poisonings or accidents or the new husbands, men forced to flee into the wilderness, destroyed reputations... I'm not sure if MRAs would be interested in the, uh, "ethnic" setting, though. Not sure where they fall on the racist spectrum.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 21, 2016

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
if you raped in ancient times you would get your dick circumcised with a rusty cleaver by Jewish commandos as punishment

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I thought it was "rape a woman = you get/have to marry her"?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Thin Privilege posted:

I thought it was "rape a woman = you get/have to marry her"?

Plenty of modern critics put that spin on it, but as a general rule ancient people (and even as late as the western world a century or two ago) were more likely to have viewed it in the Pride and Prejudice sense of "loss of virginity in dubious circumstances means either 2) a shotgun wedding or 2) the actual shotgunning of the involved dude, at the girl's father's discretion".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain von Trapp posted:

Plenty of modern critics put that spin on it, but as a general rule ancient people (and even as late as the western world a century or two ago) were more likely to have viewed it in the Pride and Prejudice sense of "loss of virginity in dubious circumstances means either 2) a shotgun wedding or 2) the actual shotgunning of the involved dude, at the girl's father's discretion".

It was probably complicated, most things are complicated. If some begger or slave rapes your daughter, dude is going down. If it was a dude from a good family, and the situation developed similarly to modern "date rape" (still rape) the dad might decide the chance for reconciliation and a decent life is still quite good, so marriage is better than being a spinster.

Things were pretty grim if you couldn't make a good marriage. Your best outcome was basically living as an unpaid servant in your father's or brother's household. Depending on the time and place, if money was ever tight you could even be sold off as a slave for the good of the family. Maybe a man from a lower status family who wouldn't have been able to afford your brideprice before will still offer to marry you now that you're damaged goods, but his family is gonna treat you like poo poo.

So, yeah, in some circumstances reconciling with your rapist and marrying him really could be your best shot at a decent life.

crackton
May 9, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

a history of rape

Thank you for that enlightening lesson.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Speaking of which, the jims are bobbing again...

http://www.etonline.com/news/196274_jessa_duggar_pregnant_with_second_child/

quote:

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald and her husband Ben Seewald confirmed to ET on Tuesday that they are expecting their second child. "We are overjoyed to announce that Spurgeon has a new title in life as 'big brother'!" the couple said in a statement. "We are so thankful that God is adding to our family. 2017 is shaping up to be a wonderful year already and we know Spurgeon will do a great job in his new role. Having Spurgeon has been such a wonderful blessing and we cannot wait to see the face of this sweet new baby (or babies!)."

Who the hell names their kid 'Spurgeon?!' Mean parents that's who.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
SPURGEON SPURGEON SPURGEON

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat fresh!!!!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

Speaking of which, the jims are bobbing again...

http://www.etonline.com/news/196274_jessa_duggar_pregnant_with_second_child/

Who the hell names their kid 'Spurgeon?!' Mean parents that's who.

Presumably after Baptist preacher Charles Spurgeon. Of course, they couldn't just name the kid Charles because then how would everyone know how Baptist they were?

Could be worse, I spent my sister's bridal shower chatting with a kid named Godestablishedyou, which I hope flows better in Hebrew

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

That kid will never get made fun of though because he'll be homeschooled. His brother/sister will have an equally weird name, but they'll never know.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Or why not Charles and Spurgeon for the middle name? Spurgeon was good at oralorating, but surnames don't usually make good personal names unless they're already one that is used as both, like Dick or James. I guess it's a memorable name. Good job on your snowflake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CommunityEdition posted:

Presumably after Baptist preacher Charles Spurgeon. Of course, they couldn't just name the kid Charles because then how would everyone know how Baptist they were?

Could be worse, I spent my sister's bridal shower chatting with a kid named Godestablishedyou, which I hope flows better in Hebrew

He's gonna be called Go-Destabilize just you wait.

• Locked thread