Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

This is one of the more Creative things on the indies awhile.

it's a wonder what understanding filters/effects in an editing program and basic video production can do when used properly!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

This is one of the more Creative things on the indies awhile.

I wonder who he paid to do this.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Oh hey I live near that boardwalk!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

I wonder who he paid to do this.

Giancarlo Dittamo

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/764866112936931328

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He has me blocked. Good to know.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

So this begs the question, what'd you do?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So this begs the question, what'd you do?

I called him a dummy because he was saying Korryn Gaines deserved to die.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What a shithead.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aw poo poo I was excited about liking this guy, now I hate him :\

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

NienNunb posted:

Oh hey I live near that boardwalk!

you could have picked up a free ryan gosling jacket there

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Joey or the guy that edited his video

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Son of Havoc incoming!

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/765353029725986816

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I wish he had the sweet voice gimmick irl

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wonder if that eliminates the other three from being potential bola-killer entrants because I had Josh Alexander as a lock but seeing the m-dogg booking I'd put them at even odds now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

abraham linksys posted:

x-post from the Giant Bomb thread: so who's going to go see Dan Ryckert do comedy wrestling with me next Friday for $6

update to this:

https://twitter.com/UCBW/status/765637974646202368

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

https://twitter.com/danryckert/status/765691815869685761

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/765941394708004865

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Are there any matches announced for Smash vs Progress?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
the gabe/gargano shoot was a pretty good insight into the DGUSA till grapplefuck era of Evolve if you are bored/have $15 bucks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bowie, Prince, Lemmy, and ASW12 just came in for me. 🙌🙌🙌

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

standing room available at the door tomorrow. also they will be selling tickets for 9/1 in berwyn at this show when doors open at 6:30

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Mike Rotch from ISW is drawing new gimmicks and masks on periscope right now and he just made Evil Dr. Pizza.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling put out Riddle vs Silver from Americanrana 16 out for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrnzwhouY10

This match was very good.

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.

RaceyBucket posted:

Are there any matches announced for Smash vs Progress?

Ligero vs. Evil Uno
Brent Banks vs. Mark Andrews

edit: And Mark Haskins vs. Mike Bailey :dance:

honeymustard fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 20, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I had no idea Evolve 67 was in Brooklyn this weekend but it's in the rear end end of Bensonhurst

do I want to spend an hour and ten minutes on the subway to go see Cody Rhodes

if any goons are going I might go but I doubt I'm gonna convince my roommmate (even tho he loves the CWC dudes) :(

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Josh Alexander earned the fifth spot in the AAW Tournament last night, looking forward to more announcements as to the bracket.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
When did everyone largely start hating Tim Thatch and calling him Trashy Tim? I never stop laughing when I hear someone passively call him Trashy Tim.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tim has always had his detractors but the Trashy Tim thing is tongue in cheek. He had like 4 evolve title matches in a row with extremely Gabe Sapolsky finishes that soured people on his run, and his opponents have largely been more colorful than him. I love the guy but he really needs to drop the belt today or snap and turn heel. His run was a lot of fun during a period when Evolve grew a bunch and started to carve out a niche in the indie scene but I think his story has been told. Let's go Gulak

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gabe's common theme in booking is running something into the ground so hard people stop showing up to shows. He wonders why Meltzer doesn't recommend his shows but the last time I tried actually watching a bunch of Evolve it was nothing but one hour matches with 30 false finishes and Jon Davis.

I mean, he struck gold with that Mercury Rising iPPV and then ran that poo poo into the ground too

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
last night's show was alright. the storylines were strong and gabe's doing a good job of weaving thatcher's angle in with catch point and catch point vs galloway's team vs gargano/page. the matches just, by large, didn't match up. i'm usually one of the most vocal gabe detractors with how big of a mess 2013-2015 was in evolve/death of dgusa, but for right now, he's been on a streak of being one of the better bookers in the us.

the opener with tjp/cedric was very good, but everything else outside of the riddle/thatcher match disappointed. catch point vs jigsaw/kaasa was a weird match up that has me convinced that peter kaasa has the biggest disparity between what he's doing (lucharesu flips and awkward grappling) with what he probably should be doing (more of a uhaa/crews power style with specific timing for his acrobatics). page/dustin was a sloppy brawl with page being the biggest dork i've seen and just not meshing. gulak/nese was good but only good. thatcher/riddle was incredible and one of the best thatcher matches i've seen. riddle, for being under two years in, is one of the best talents in evolve and they really worked the nhb gimmick in a smart way. cody/zsj was just ok. weird match-up and it's obvious that cody's going to need time to either transition into the not-wwe style or he's just not going to get it. his new theme/gear are incredibly dorky and him and zsj didn't mesh. he did cut a good go home promo.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

God that Page/DUSTIN match was terrible. If you hate this dude so much why are you stopping in the middle of the match to grab the house mic so you can apologize for botching a spot

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

God that Page/DUSTIN match was terrible. If you hate this dude so much why are you stopping in the middle of the match to grab the house mic so you can apologize for botching a spot

because he's now poo poo pee! gotta get on the house mic to make some burns when i slip and dive into the ringside table. i've seen a lot of stinkers in chikara with dustin, but that might have been the worst match of his i've seen in the last seven years. dustin needs to full on embrace being the dirtbag we all know he is and page needs to talk josh alexander into coming down and carrying his rear end.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

last night's show was alright. the storylines were strong and gabe's doing a good job of weaving thatcher's angle in with catch point and catch point vs galloway's team vs gargano/page. the matches just, by large, didn't match up. i'm usually one of the most vocal gabe detractors with how big of a mess 2013-2015 was in evolve/death of dgusa, but for right now, he's been on a streak of being one of the better bookers in the us.

the opener with tjp/cedric was very good, but everything else outside of the riddle/thatcher match disappointed. catch point vs jigsaw/kaasa was a weird match up that has me convinced that peter kaasa has the biggest disparity between what he's doing (lucharesu flips and awkward grappling) with what he probably should be doing (more of a uhaa/crews power style with specific timing for his acrobatics). page/dustin was a sloppy brawl with page being the biggest dork i've seen and just not meshing. gulak/nese was good but only good. thatcher/riddle was incredible and one of the best thatcher matches i've seen. riddle, for being under two years in, is one of the best talents in evolve and they really worked the nhb gimmick in a smart way. cody/zsj was just ok. weird match-up and it's obvious that cody's going to need time to either transition into the not-wwe style or he's just not going to get it. his new theme/gear are incredibly dorky and him and zsj didn't mesh. he did cut a good go home promo.

I haven't seen it yet but putting Cody with ZSJ seems a odd choice since ZSJ is such a weird style to begin with.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Can't wait to see Cody vs Trevor Lee, unlike that hack ZSJ I know Trevor knows how to make someone look like a million bucks. His last match in CWF was a main event against Boogie Woogie Man Rob McBride and if it wasn't the best match in Rob McBride's 33 year career I'd be surprised.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

if you combine trevor lee's ability to make someone look like a million bucks with cody rhodes' ability to make himself look like 5 bucks, what do you get

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Maybe Cody really does need some time to 'spin up' for life outside WWE, but if Hero can't get at least a pretty good match out of him tonight there might not be hope for him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cody is good and the match last night was simple but good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

if you combine trevor lee's ability to make someone look like a million bucks with cody rhodes' ability to make himself look like 5 bucks, what do you get

$500,002.50?