Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Knifegrab posted:

I'll be going tonight, might do a small write up on my experience.

I was there yesterday too, around 4:00. Still not a big fan of the new Bounty Hunter mode, but the core gameplay is a lot of fun. I was able to land a few Titan executions and the animation of the Titan jamming it's huge gun into the enemy cockpit never got old. Felt like an idiot because when I played it at the EA Play event I couldn't figure out how to switch to the anti-titan weapon as I kept hitting right on the Dpad but they switched it over to the weapon swap button, so I guess anti-titan weapons replace pilot sidearms? Don't know how I missed that. Also accidentally picked up a shotgun and it surprisingly had really good range on it. I would even compare it's range to a SPAS from MW2, not quite the rate of fire though.

sarmhan posted:

The battery you steal is used to give your Titan some shield HP, IIRC.

I found this out after I first played it, so when I played this time I tried it out, stole an enemy battery and grappled onto a friendly titan but as I was inserting the battery the Titan blew up. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

sarmhan posted:

The battery you steal is used to give your Titan some shield HP, IIRC.

Yeah, I think they mentioned that Titan's shields don't regenerate on their own anymore, so the only way to replenish them would be to steal enemy batteries and recharge allied titans with them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Missed titanfall 1 but this is looking really good. Unfortunately behind the spectacle it looks like it's yet another game with incredibly low TTK, frequent instakills and shooting people in the back a lot, which I used to have the patience for but kinda don't anymore. What was titanfall 1 like by comparison?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Digirat posted:

Missed titanfall 1 but this is looking really good. Unfortunately behind the spectacle it looks like it's yet another game with incredibly low TTK, frequent instakills and shooting people in the back a lot, which I used to have the patience for but kinda don't anymore. What was titanfall 1 like by comparison?

TFall1 was like then when you were a pilot: fast movement, wall-running parkour, and short TTK. Once you got into a titan, it became much more positional and slower paced. One of my favorite parts was the blend of the CoD and Halo styles of OHKs for pilots and regenerating shields for titans.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

TFall1 was like then when you were a pilot: fast movement, wall-running parkour, and short TTK. Once you got into a titan, it became much more positional and slower paced. One of my favorite parts was the blend of the CoD and Halo styles of OHKs for pilots and regenerating shields for titans.

No more normal regenerating shields for titans though unless you steal a shield battery.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Digirat posted:

TTK's fast but not COD fast, and the fact that the maps are fairly vast, coupled with your movement and gear options, means you can actually be pretty survivable. I'm talking about TF1 here and I assume TF2 will be much the same.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
TF1 was baller as gently caress and i can't wait to have more sidewinder only matches. I also hope they bring back the co-op defense mode cause that took forever to arrive and was actually super loving fun.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41kxJE3cuw

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Titanfall 2 multiplayer stream scheduled for August 16th:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/763147886121091073

Why they are waiting so long to show off the cool multiplayer is beyond me :shrug:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
EA probably doesn't want them to steal too much thunder from BF1, but I'm way more excited for this. :pcgaming:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

EA probably doesn't want them to steal too much thunder from BF1, but I'm way more excited for this. :pcgaming:

Its because you are a man of class and taste.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Antoine Silvere posted:

Why they are waiting so long to show off the cool multiplayer is beyond me :shrug:

to GET HYPE, obviously?

Is it me, or are the MP changes - I'm thinking specifically about the shield cores being something you get via rodeo (only?) - seem to be making it so you cannot take a Strider and the quad rockets and just dash from everyone after shooting rockets everywhere? that was my go-to "I need an MVP this round" strategy.

well that and pubbing because getting MVP with you guys around lol, no

how will I ever hit gen10 again :negative:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Knifegrab posted:

I don't understand why people aren't excited for this game (all the lines for other games were considerably longer than titan fall).
I'd guess Respawn and EA are trying to snag the folks who are fed up with CoD.

Infinite Warfare is still going to sell as well as ever, but I'm hoping they don't gently caress this up with microtransations or something equally stupid. It's definitely a chance to put a dent in Activision's numbers. Especially with the remaster bullshittery that's got most fans unhappy already.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It wouldn't be Titanfall without some weird market choice that shoots their playerbase in the foot

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Here's another brief glimpse of the single-player campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBIoScqqbQU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Alehkhs posted:

Looks dope IMO

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Singleplayer looks fun! I couldn't really tell but is he only carrying two weapons? Looks like he switched between 3 or 4 without swapping out or picking up new ones.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Blind Duke posted:

It wouldn't be Titanfall without some weird market choice that shoots their playerbase in the foot

Yeah. I played TF1 for a while on the PC and while it was good the community up and died pretty fast when the first expansion hit, hope this does better.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Singleplayer looks fun! I couldn't really tell but is he only carrying two weapons? Looks like he switched between 3 or 4 without swapping out or picking up new ones.

When I got to play TF2 you only had two weapons, looks like they got rid of sidearms its just a main weapon and a anti-titan weapon now.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Alehkhs posted:

What that a missile-shooting jetpack I see? Like I think I said before, this is the same team who made the good Modern Warfares, so they know how to piece together an exciting, if not terribly logical, single-player campaign.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the super duper collector's edition nets you a wearable helmet with lights and poo poo, PS4 and Xbox One only though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

No game, not even Titanfall, is worth $250

I mean unless you were the one person in the world already planning your Titanfall cosplay, in which case ...?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Psion posted:

I mean unless you were the one person in the world already planning your Titanfall cosplay, in which case ...?

Hey man, everyone will want to dress up as Faceless Soldierman #6455 this Halloween anime convention.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

that's it, you're off the team :mad:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Antoine Silvere posted:

that's it, you're off the team :mad:

at least I know how the Top Gun theme goes, ANTOINE :colbert:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

at least I know how the Top Gun theme goes, ANTOINE :colbert:

so do i :colbert: learn the lore

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dun na na dun na na na na na dun na na dun na na dun na na naaaa

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Respawn showed single player footage to a bunch of people but I couldn't find a link to the raw footage so here's a video from some guy that they retweeted:

http://youtu.be/arCQzdW7wiI

Single player looks pretty cool, choosing different things to say to your robot friend probably won't make a difference in the story but it's a neat touch IMO.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Psion posted:

gently caress you bro, I need it for my collection of worthless poo poo I've already got going.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Antoine Silvere posted:

Single player looks pretty cool, choosing different things to say to your robot friend probably won't make a difference in the story but it's a neat touch IMO.
Can't wait to romance my robot buddy

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What if I want to play as the robot and romance the human

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

push X to romance Optimus Primebot

Digirat posted:

What if I want to play as the robot and romance the human

i think the one universal wish for Titanfall 2 we had back then was "why can't I always play as a spectre instead of having to use a burn card?" so it's clearly the next step

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Antoine Silvere posted:

Apparently Respawn showed single player footage to a bunch of people but I couldn't find a link to the raw footage so here's a video from some guy that they retweeted:

http://youtu.be/arCQzdW7wiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJ6tKbXzOI
Here's the same footage as the other video except without some nerd jabbering on over it

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Titanfall was a hella fun game but I really felt like it was let down by humanity not understanding how fun it was and also their desire to unlock a million sidegrades on the way to getting one of the 3 guns that are actually worth using

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJ6tKbXzOI
Here's the same footage as the other video except without some nerd jabbering on over it

This is way better, thanks. Salvo core looks cool. Hope we get to use the titan that fire dragonball z fireballs and has jumpjets.

redweird posted:

Titanfall was a hella fun game but I really felt like it was let down by humanity not understanding how fun it was and also their desire to unlock a million sidegrades on the way to getting one of the 3 guns that are actually worth using

Same :smith:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-note/

No "Multiplayer Tech Test" on PC. Only on Xbox and PS4.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Wazzit posted:

Those god drat piece of poo poo mother fuckers.

Last minute lovely pc port confirmed?

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 15, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's easier to get a beta build for a known hardware target like consoles, but this does make me laugh:

quote:

Also, because the single player story has some wonderful secrets that we really want to preserve for launch, we also have to worry about leaks. Our wonderfully curious PC players have proven in the past that they will dig out anything they can, and there's a risk that they could spoil some of our single player.

"hey, what's the most polite way I can say you stupid fuckers always try to spoil everything by datamining and I hate that?"

Reading between the lines it does seem pretty honest: "our console builds are further along than our PC ones, we don't want to take the time to build up a PC one right now, also gently caress you for datamining come on, Optimus Primebot's noble sacrifice must stay secret until the NDAs expire"

like I'm not saying that's a good thing, but at least they're admitting it

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yeah but it to me makes me worried it'll be a rushed PC port and will play like poo poo on launch.

Launch is only two months away and they haven't tested the game on PC pretty much at all by their own admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

:sigh: Well hopefully there's a second test later or something

A man can dream...:smith:

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah but it to me makes me worried it'll be a rushed PC port and will play like poo poo on launch.

Launch is only two months away and they haven't tested the game on PC pretty much at all by their own admission.

That's a valid concern but it'll probably be fine. Titanfall 1 didn't get a tech test until a month before launch and it was fine on PC.

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 15, 2016