Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
if anyone is wondering where i got that gif, then enjoy a trip down memory lane

http://www.esatclear.ie/~feoras/diotoir/index2.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bape Culture posted:

Turn on your TV.

OK done, what next?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

WeAreTheRomans posted:

OK done, what next?

I'm sorry I thought you were breath Ray. What is the deal with those avs?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bape Culture posted:

I'm sorry I thought you were breath Ray. What is the deal with those avs?

I dunno, I asked to be given his avatar and my mod wish was granted. It's been a mixed bag

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Extreme0 posted:

Carbide, Thor and Apollo so far are the best.

I'm still salty Thor lost on it's final match, completely owned the gently caress out of every battle until the final where the controls crapped out giving Shockwave a zero effort win.

I'm kinda biased because I find flipper weapon robots extremely boring compared to hammers and spinners which actually break stuff, it also bothers me that they changed the pit so it can be opened right off the bat.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I really don't like the reaction room gimmick they have added to Dragons' Den this series. I wish they'd stop trying to mess with the format. I am however quite enjoying how every other investor on the show can't seem to stand Touker Suleyman and how nobody seems to want investment from him because he's just such a horrible little turd. :newlol:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Super Slash posted:

I'm still salty Thor lost on it's final match, completely owned the gently caress out of every battle until the final where the controls crapped out giving Shockwave a zero effort win.

I'm kinda biased because I find flipper weapon robots extremely boring compared to hammers and spinners which actually break stuff, it also bothers me that they changed the pit so it can be opened right off the bat.

yeah the pit can get hosed. dirty tactics that is, opening it straight away. Fight fair!

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think there's a wildcard through to the grand final, as in the judges pick the best losing finalist. So we might see Thor again.

Also I read about Diotoir they applied for entry but BBC ignored them. Shame, I wanted to see some fiery fur. :kingsley:

Konsek fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 15, 2016

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

reality_groove posted:

Alternatively I would direct you to MTV's Ex on the Beach.

Funny you should say that, as I was going to mention Stephen Bear being an absolutely horrible oval office on the current season of Celebrity Big Brother.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Well that's my uncomfortable GBBO crush for this year sorted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37083631

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does this thread actually watch and talk about Bake-Off?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Like mad, or well we used to.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's a good time to take it out of bookmarks for that period.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Well that's my uncomfortable GBBO crush for this year sorted.

Mary Berry again? :swoon:

And yeah, thread will oscillate between Robot Season, Cake Season and Eurovision from now on

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Mary Berry again? :swoon:

I said for this year, not for all time.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The people of Ulster will never forget the grave injustice done to them over the Baked Alaska scandal (a.k.a. "the Bincident").

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I appreciate that this series of Man Down finished quite literally.

And holy poo poo we finally met Bob.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

All the ITV channels are being switched off for an hour next Saturday morning. Unfortunately they're turning them back on and it'll be over before anyone notices.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cerv posted:

All the ITV channels are being switched off for an hour next Saturday morning. Unfortunately they're turning them back on and it'll be over before anyone notices.

What year was it they were turned off for months due to... reasons I can't remember? Simpler and better times.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Not strictly TV programme related, but anyone else use the iPlayer app with Chromecast from their phone? It seems random for me whether I get the cast icon or not and I can't find any reference to the problem online. Stuff like Netflix works fine. Android on a Google Nexus 5x in case anyone else has a similar issue.

Anyway, I'd rather have bake off chat than more robot bollocks, but I recognise that's because of my own innate hatred for engineering of any kind . And fun.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

No sacrificial hipster this year. No wonder the summer has been awful.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Bogmonster posted:

Not strictly TV programme related, but anyone else use the iPlayer app with Chromecast from their phone? It seems random for me whether I get the cast icon or not and I can't find any reference to the problem online.
Yeah, it's hosed for me too. There are lots of people complaining about it on the app page.

asveepay
Jul 7, 2005
internobody

Angrymog posted:

No sacrificial hipster this year. No wonder the summer has been awful.

There's a ginger though. I think he'll be this year's offering.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

asveepay posted:

There's a ginger though. I think he'll be this year's offering.

Actually, Candice might be the hipster. She has a pug.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's not been enough Olympics coverage chat this year. So glad they gave Claire the promotion to main presenter, she's proper earthy so she is

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think this Day Today sketch is funnier than any of Brass Eye.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think this Day Today sketch is funnier than any of Brass Eye.

I kind of love both shows, but TDT has some pretty insane over the top moments like this compared to Brass Eye which disturbingly is more close to the world we know today.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I just wish there were more non-Partridge Coogan on TV.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SeanBeansShako posted:

I kind of love both shows, but TDT has some pretty insane over the top moments like this compared to Brass Eye which disturbingly is more close to the world we know today.

Sure, but the bit at the end (and maybe this is just me being from Belfast) has got to be the most perfect satire of Sinn Fein there's ever been.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, but the bit at the end (and maybe this is just me being from Belfast) has got to be the most perfect satire of Sinn Fein there's ever been.

Yeah, that hit the nail on the head certainly.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's an international war crime that "Was It Something I Said?" only got 8 episodes.

Also reading this thread is confusing the hell out of me because apparently British TV doesn't only consist of cropped panel shows on youtube and Detectorists?? I never would have guessed.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Well now you know the truth: it's entirely robots warring.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Watch Fleabag on iPlayer it loving owns

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gorn Myson posted:

Watch Fleabag on iPlayer it loving owns

I agree.

The first episode is not the best but it has really grown on me - it's also a bit bittersweet as I had a close friend much like Boo who died out of the blue and, like Fleabag, I'll occasionally get sucker-punched by a memory triggered by some random thing.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I think Tim Lovejoy inadvertently revealed that he reads Reddit, or someone on his staff played a joke on him.

Elon Musk's wife was on and Lovejoy mentioned that Musk thinks we're all living in a simulation. Then she says that yes she does as well. Then Lovejoy asks if it was true that Musk has tried to detonate an explosion in space to cause a glitch in the simulation, which happened to be one of the top comments on Reddit.

Just typing that out gives me renewed appreciation for how dumb Lovejoy is.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

But has he?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Some fine automaton conflict this evening. RIP creepily intense nerd's dragonbot.

Gabriel was a great gimmick-bot, but I still hope Thor comes back.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pulsar owns. They need to sort out their drive though ffs.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dzhay posted:

Some fine automaton conflict this evening. RIP creepily intense nerd's dragonbot.

Gabriel was a great gimmick-bot, but I still hope Thor comes back.

I liked Gabriel (despite Mr.Steampunk driver's silly outfit), I had to laugh when they asked the other team permission to hit their crippled bot.

Carbide was a tad underwhelming, especially compared to their US counterpart Minotaur which is loving DESTRUCTIVE AS gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbAcwYix7I

I think maybe couple dynamic of Sir Chompalot's team would be worthy of an SA thread- I get the feeling that Debs (freelance writer) probably does horrible Otherkin fan-fic and berates people on message boards all day while dyed-hair partner makes the tea and feeds the 18 cats and is constantly denied sex.

eta

Rondette fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did anyone else notice that the young pulsar kid was like "I have no engineering experience and just taught myself the tools, like... A drill." Yet he had a full catia model and amazing 3D milled parts? Wouldn't surprise me if there was 50k in that robot.
Also im going to guess there were some "consultants" involved...
Suspicious as heck to me.