Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

svc chaos, but everyone has to be zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

In Training posted:

SVC just seems really boring

AnonSpore posted:

Because it's a loving terrible broken game not even in a good way and I find it very amusing that it's on the list of games to play

General Morden posted:

SvC might have the worst hit and block sound effects in a fg

I think I'll vote for SvC.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shiki Dan posted:

Voting SvC Chaos until it wins.

I'll be in Fightcade tonight so I hope to see someone in the COTA room
im in there watching you fight "air bacon" pls quit and fight me

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Stick chat time!

I've been using my old HRAP EX-SE (The one with Seimitsu parts) for close to a decade now, and the buttons are starting to fail one by one. I decided that while I'm replacing the buttons on it, I should probably replace the joystick too.

It currently has the stock LS-32, which I love, but it's also the only stick I've used for long periods of time. I've fiddled with Sanwa sticks and don't like them as much. I have been reading some reviews on the Hayabusa lever, though, and it sounds like it's pretty solid. Anybody have any experience with it?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
At low-mid levels SvC is prob one of the most fun games on the list.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Hobojim posted:

Stick chat time!

I've been using my old HRAP EX-SE (The one with Seimitsu parts) for close to a decade now, and the buttons are starting to fail one by one. I decided that while I'm replacing the buttons on it, I should probably replace the joystick too.

It currently has the stock LS-32, which I love, but it's also the only stick I've used for long periods of time. I've fiddled with Sanwa sticks and don't like them as much. I have been reading some reviews on the Hayabusa lever, though, and it sounds like it's pretty solid. Anybody have any experience with it?

I use LS-40 and like it far better than the JLF but I'd like to try out Hori's too.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Shiki Dan posted:

At low-mid levels SvC is prob one of the most fun games on the list.

no

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Played some online CvS2 with a friend last night. Was a pain in the rear end to connect and get running though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Hobojim posted:

Stick chat time!

The Zippyy LS-32 clone is really good, it's actually built better than the stock LS-32 in some ways but it's a 100% clone and all the parts are cross compatible. If you don't like Sanwas then avoid the Hayabusa and newer Seimitsu sticks since they're much closer to Sanwas, although the LS-58 is a great stick IMHO. The 56 is supposedly a good mid-point but honestly I'd stick with a 32 since they're very solid, inexpensive and dependable sticks. The Hayabusa is a good stick but it's expensive and if you're used to the throw of old school Seimitsu sticks you're going to probably not like the Hayabusa.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Now that it is Sunday the first round poll is closed. The top 5 games are selected so please vote for them. Polls will close on Monday, most likely a little before midnight.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
SvC Chaos, but everyone has to be Red Arremer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm voting ST just because I've never played it before

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Please pick jojos so I can win a tourney and never play goons again.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Buhbuhj posted:

Please pick jojos

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

I've been busy with normie trash activities for the past few weeks but is anyone down for another 98 tournament this Saturday afternoon EST. Euro goons come through

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Buhbuhj posted:

Please pick jojos so I can win a tourney and never play goons again.

someone call fayk so bbj can't win

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

bad metaphors posted:

I've been busy with normie trash activities for the past few weeks but is anyone down for another 98 tournament this Saturday afternoon EST. Euro goons come through

I'm down.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

SvC Chaos, but everyone has to be Red Arremer

Athena so every match takes 40 minutes while those animations play out.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Tournament videos are now uploaded to youtube.

Unfortunately the King of Fighters '98 tourney (aka: "Punch the Ballot Episode 0") is lost forever.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Unfortunately the King of Fighters '98 tourney (aka: "Punch the Ballot Episode 0") is lost forever.

Nah Fightcade Replays save the matches forever, albeit without the commentary and chat.

If you really wanted to you could edit all of those matches together but that would be a monumental pain in the rear end, I'd imagine.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

punk rebel ecks posted:

Shikidan had some p nice Okina play in that LB2 tournament. Unfortunately everything Okina does is unsafe and he wasn't in Speed mode.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Speed Okina is even crappier, and I kept messing up the motion for super in the fight vs. Tabs :(

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The Zippyy LS-32 clone is really good, it's actually built better than the stock LS-32 in some ways but it's a 100% clone and all the parts are cross compatible. If you don't like Sanwas then avoid the Hayabusa and newer Seimitsu sticks since they're much closer to Sanwas, although the LS-58 is a great stick IMHO. The 56 is supposedly a good mid-point but honestly I'd stick with a 32 since they're very solid, inexpensive and dependable sticks. The Hayabusa is a good stick but it's expensive and if you're used to the throw of old school Seimitsu sticks you're going to probably not like the Hayabusa.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll try out a 56, but chances are I'll just order another 32, it seems like a safe choice.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Zand posted:

someone call fayk so bbj can't win

Gatekeeping has a two-term limit like the POTUS.

I haven't played jojos in like two years :(

I miss it

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you'd still probably beat everybody tbh

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
it's not even a hard game just don't pick any char you think is cool and you will be fine

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Buhbuhj posted:

it's not even a hard game just don't pick any char you think is cool and you will be fine

Wait but I thought hol horse was good in jojos

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

By the youtube video clock it took you over an hour to realize there was a parry button

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

bad metaphors posted:

yes please.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
http://shoryuken.com/2016/08/15/bamboozle-your-opponents-with-uriens-secret-shimmy-in-this-street-fighter-v-psa/

A SECRET SHIMMY??

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

wow capcom made a dumb hitbox for a move
stop the presses

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I wish SFV was a secret kept from all the world

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Fayk posted:

stop the presses

it did the same thing in 3s, it's actually cool and good and the sf5 version is terrible.

in 3s it moved him wayyy back, and made lots of poo poo whiff. and you could empty jump right next to them and do it to avoid throws.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Goetta posted:

By the youtube video clock it took you over an hour to realize there was a parry button

That's because I am retarded.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Fayk posted:

stop the presses

100% guaranteed to not be present on release

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Poll closed.

Winning game is Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

Starts Wednesday at 9:00PM Central Time.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 16, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

julia and lei please

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFn7aqwoxTo