Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If we're including other hats, I have an Ebbetts Field Flannel wool baseball hat for a long disbanded team. It makes me feel like I'm from a parallel universe because people are always trying to figure out what team it is. I also have a rabbit fur lined trapper because I'm Canadian, plus some random toque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I own a lot of snapbacks because I'm gay af

here is the best one

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

That would be pretty hilarious, so I would probably be particularly charmed.

A girl I was seeing at the time loved ships. She would always sit out near the docks and wait for the ships come in underneath the bridge. Most days she'd never make it at the right times to catch them

One day I was doing some work on a dock near the bridge and asked the dock worker how they knew ships were coming in. He told me to download this app they had and I sent it to her. It made her really happy.

So yeh, I'd have to agree, sometimes the simplest forms of sweetness are the best ways of conveying that you are thinking of someone.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's mega cute :3:

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I own some old man hats. I don't know what they're called. flat caps or something?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have an ushanka and i have a soviet pin for it too

i justify it by muttering angrily in bulgarian at anyone who questions it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

man all the mocking of rodgers and nobody bothered to point out he literally quoted a world of warcraft villain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PVDECCEsU4

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hell yeah

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

darkhand posted:

It's funny how pervasive fedoras are. Like removing that one thing would make you more attractive in a matter of seconds, but they keep wearing it.

Imagine being able to get buff in literally seconds with no pain. It's a clear win. Yet those same fedoras wearers claim to be the pinnacle of logic and wisdom.

uh no most of the fedora wearers you've seen posted in this very thread were wrecks regardless of fedora status

it's not even a question of putting lipstick on a pig so much as putting a ridiculous hat on a bristly hog

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SirSamVimes posted:

man all the mocking of rodgers and nobody bothered to point out he literally quoted a world of warcraft villain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PVDECCEsU4

Oh are we back to Rodger quotes now?

quote:

I needed two working handguns at the same time, as that was how I planned to commit suicide; with two simultaneous shots to the head.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's not even a question of putting lipstick on a pig so much as putting a ridiculous hat on a bristly hog

e: bonus pig w hog hat:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mak0rz posted:

Oh are we back to Rodger quotes now?

How can this dumb fucker have had the foresight to double tap and still manage to gently caress up so badly

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Heath posted:

How can this dumb fucker have had the foresight to double tap and still manage to gently caress up so badly

Cuz nice guys finish last, duh.

It's just down to being a sperging loner who thinks everything will go exactly how he envisions it, but not having even 1/10 of the skill to do it.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Carmant posted:

Why is it not surprising? Do people think I'm too good to be real because I dress better than your average college jock? Or maybe they think I'm gay because I wear nice button ups instead of sports clothing like most dudes. The hosed up thing is that I would probably treat them better than any man ever has.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

lol at that guy's pics in that thread

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Here, have a forum full of charming people:

http://www.puaforums.com/

This is just from the first half of one thread:

quote:

Default BF Destroyer Technique

Guys i've had a lot of problemes with this in the past but i read different routines and patterns and styles of doing it until i came up with my own routine. Now u should know that it differs from the kind of relationship, u can't use the same BFD on a girl who's been with a guy for a year and a girl that's been with a guy for a month.

That beeing said, u should NEVER EVER speak badly about the BF that will only get the HB in a deffensive and agressive state and u will be bringing them closer together. Instead u speak highly of him describe him as beeing the most perfect man/BF in the world then something strange will happen she will start disqualifing him(don't worry if she only says one bad thing it's enough) thats when u resist the urge to disqualify him again and u DEFEND him in a way making him the insecurist persone in the hole world, u need to go total AFC to do this.

FOR LTR'S:

All LTR's have 1 or all of theese problemes:

-Jealousy
-Neediness
-Failure to commit
-Abusive behaviour
-Loss of passion

This is how u respond to theese 5 problemes:

Jealousy:

"You have to understand that this guy really appreciates you, because you're probably the best girl that he ever got, or ever will get. I know that... you care about this guy (maybe sp)... but there's just a certain equilibrium where if you've done this guy a favour by being with him and he's not equipped to handle it, since he knows that he'll never get a girl like you again if he walks out, that he's just constantly frustrated and panicked that you'll leave. It's not his fault.

Neediness:

"You've got to understand that for this guy you are his entire world. He cares about you so much, that everything else in the world is meaningless to him. You are his only source of pleasure, and without you he knows that. ..he's nothing. You can't blame him, he just doesn't have anything else going for him, so he needs you."

Failure to commit:

"It's not that this guy doesn't love you. He does. Its just that deep down he has a fear that... you're too good for him... and that you'll realize it and be like, you know....you just have to dump this guy.... and then he'll be left emotionally destroyed because he made himself vulnerable. Yes yes I know that you wouldn't do that to him, but its just that with he knows that you could get other guys (SP)...like me...I just think that he's not an emotionally secure person, and you've gotta cut him some slack."

Abusive behaviour:

"It's not that this guy doesn't love you. Its that he loves you too much, and just can't handle it. He's not emotionally available, and because he knows that you're the best he's ever had, he can't handle all of these things that he's going through emotionally. All his life he probably wasn't very good with women, and women weren't interested in him.. So now that he's got this girl, he doesn't know how to handle it.

Being too predictable, not passionate:

"Its not that this guy doesn't love you. He does. Its just that he's so comfortable with you now.. and feels so close to you, that you're more like a sister to him.. Like a special sister, but someone who he doesn't feel that he has to do all these things for anymore, because your relationship is so secure and so predictable.. there's no need for all that excitement, because he knows that nothing will change.. Some guys deal with true love that way.. I dunno, for me, I think that if you really love someone, you have to keep it fresh. But really, its not that he doesn't love you, its just that he loves you so much that he doesn't see the need."

Then she'll start asking u what u would do if u were in his place or what u're like as a BF that's when u tell her i mean REALLY tell her what u're like leaving the bad stuff aside. U'll start creeping inside her head and taking this guy's place.
I prefer all this be said and done in 1 sitting i know it's a mouthfull but still. Here's how i once did it to an ENGAGED SHB 10 yrs my senior and she teaches at my uni:

We were walking side by side and then i started

Xavier: What's u're fiancee like anyway we've never talked about him, why do i get the feeling he's the most perfect guy in the world

SHB stopped dead in her tracks and said : No he's not perfect

Xavier: Oh come on now u're just beeing modest i bet he's tall broad shoulders has 8 packs beautifull eyes thick hair and that he's the envy of all u're friends.

SHB: (nothing just looking at the ground confused)

Xavier: I bet he gives plenty of just because gifts and all of them are very expensive and or very thoughtfull .He makes u feel safe, he always takes care of u never looks at other women, why i'd be willing to bet a million doolars that if Jessica Alba were to offer him a SNL and no one would ever no he would refuse

SHB: I don't know, i don't think so

Xavier: Why? cuz he's jealous, needy,.......(i used failure to commit cuz they went out for 2 yrs and she pressured him into marriage and he had been putting it off)

SHB: (starting to get that deffensive look)

Xavier: Guess what? That means he loves u .

SHB: (stunned look on her face)

Continued with the same lines tweeked the a failure to commit little cuz she's engaged, described myself as a boyfriend, used the Pandora's Box lines on her and BOOM. We broke up a couple of month ago but still, i got her and farked the sh1t out of her and her massive tits just like i always wanted to.

quote:

For STR'S:
U can pretend like these word's have no meaning and continue u're game normally or:

HB: I have a boyfriend
PUA: We'll be discrete (with a playful look)

HB: I have a boyfriend
PUA: Awww, that must be such a big accomplishment for u (this is a neg so do it with a smile and i suggest u pull her back in afterwards)

PUA:How about we go to x place
HB:I have a boyfriend
PUA: So can u not talk to other guys?
HB:yes i can
PUA: Can u not have guy friends?
HB: sure i can
PUA: Can u not go to x place(e.g.:if x place is a coffee shop u say can u not go to a coffee shop)
HB: Yes i can
PUA: Can u not do x thing?(e.g:can u not drink coffee?)
HB: Sure i can
PUA: so u can (all of the above) So let's go to x place at x time

This is a yes ladder u don't have to stretch it out as much but if u use the right tone it could be a playful thing

quote:

Here's a story for u... maybe u might like it.

I once knew this hispanic girl, total HB9... long hair, light skin, tall slim... great face... model like face even.

She was married to a guy who kinda matched my general description... dark hair and eyes, good dresser, commanding presence but short like me lol. I see them together at various parties over the years, they know me as a passing friend... never really hung out with them cuz i guess i really liked her and felt bad about it. She was also older than me by like 4 years, which when your 20 seems like a big deal lol. And this guy had himself reasonably put together so i felt inferior.

Fast foward like 6 years. She sees me at a function... her friend was with her. She comes up to me and starts talking to me. I had disqualified myself so i didnt think anything about it. We chat, i DONT ask for a number, they leave.

Fast forward again a few months. I see a mutual friend and the HB9 comes up. Turns out her husband was abusive, they divorced, she moved 5 states away... And it happened 6 Months before! I totally wasted an opportunity that basically came to me! (That time ...i saw her she happened to be in town seeing her parents)

My point is this: Always run SOME kind of game. Even if you just Drop a subtle point or two from what X posted ...do it! You never know what will happen in the future. If I did this back then, i could have very well gotten that girl when her marriage dissolved through no fault if my own.

quote:

quote:

Sorry... thats not my question. I guess i explained it wrong. What i mean is when u already fclosed and she is so into u that she talks about leaving her man or getting divorced?

How do u get across that the sex 'just happened' and that the two of you shouldnt persue anything serious? I guess dhv for the guy she's with? Tell her he is better for her? Basically, you really have no interest in getting serious but she does...

Wow u're a real homewrecker :P.
Simply just tell her the truth. Or think about what u would have done in u're AFC days:
-dlv urself
-speak badly about the husband
-become needy (which is a super dlv and definate turn off)
-if all else fails : tell her u love her just kiding don't ever do that

quote:

When they say they have a BF, I also like to say one of the following:

"Oh that's great! If it doesn't work out between us I'm glad you have someone else as a back up. And if we do work out, maybe he can cook dinner for us or something."

" (suspicious look) Why do you bring that up now? Ooh you must feel tempted to try something with me. Well, I am super flattered but I barely know you. We have to be friends first. Besides, I don't even know if you're good in bed."

quote:

In another thread a while back, a couple of us developed a pretty great yes ladder bf destroyer that I'm going to throw up in here as well. I've used this with great success, or this general concept, several times.

So if she says she has a boyfriend you go in with:

PUA: Are you allowed to speak with other guys?
Her: Yes
PUA: You can still be friends with guys, right?
Her: Yes, but...
PUA: Don’t you hang out with your friends?
Her: Yes.
PUA: I imagine your friends have your number?
Her: Yea.
PUA: Since were friends, what are your digits?

You can make several variations on this, but the point is to use a yes ladder to psychologically prime the girl to accept the place you are taking her. It works like a charm.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i only skimmed through that but how do people think that this poo poo works?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blurred posted:

quote:

When they say they have a BF, I also like to say one of the following: 

"Oh that's great! If it doesn't work out between us I'm glad you have someone else as a back up. And if we do work out, maybe he can cook dinner for us or something." 

" (suspicious look) Why do you bring that up now? Ooh you must feel tempted to try something with me. Well, I am super flattered but I barely know you. We have to be friends first. Besides, I don't even know if you're good in bed."

no one talks like this, he needs to chill on the anime dating sims

if the girl says shes got a man all you have to do is say what's that got to do with me or thats fine hit me up when you get mad at him. not complicated

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Business Gorillas posted:

they view it similar to oddworld abes exodus, where when you find another of your find you can say hi or fart on them

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

They find people that it works on by trying it over and over and over again

Kinda like Scientologists

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I haave somany problemes in my LTRs.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
problemes are like badguy memes, right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does it occur to any of these PUA people that these techniques, to the extent they work at all, probably work just as well on men?

I mean obviously it doesn't because they're irredeemably terrible but it's not like humans in general are particularly robust against psychological tricks

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cheetah7071 posted:

Does it occur to any of these PUA people that these techniques, to the extent they work at all, probably work just as well on men?

I mean obviously it doesn't because they're irredeemably terrible but it's not like humans in general are particularly robust against psychological tricks

Nah bc instead of realizing that humans are just easily manipulated and susceptible to certain things, they think women in particular are stupid idiots (while getting bilked for all their cash in a $5000 course to learn how to talk to girls it's pretty magical).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I genuinely just don't get what makes us seem scary.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rejection sucks.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I've love to tell you but I've never really got it either. Rejection sucks but I'd much rather just peel the bandaid and know yes/no rather than wonder.

The worst someone will do is say no in a mean way and after posting in GBS there's basically nothing a stranger in real life can say to me that would actually make me sad/upset. And if they say no you're in the same position but now you're not pining after her wondering.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

They're attracted to you, but they know you hold literally all the cards (because they're unattractive). It's pretty inevitably going to cause resentment.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

They think dating is like dungeons and dragons

Pick posted:

We're worried that you'll send blue pilling white knights against us.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Women are scary, until you find out the coolest woman in the world isn't even half as rad as your third best friend.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdnJxDmJNmA

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Talking about subjects that you aren't comfortable with is nerve-wracking even if you aren't explicitly afraid of the rejection. If you don't get practice with it during middle/high school for whatever reason, you can easily end up in a situation where asking someone out is outside your comfort zone for years past the point where everyone else is settling down. It's not hard to imagine why some percentage of those people (mostly the ones who were already terrible for other reasons) might take the attitude adopted in this thread.

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Cumslut1895 posted:

They're attracted to you, but they know you hold literally all the cards (because they're unattractive). It's pretty inevitably going to cause resentment.

ugly women exist though

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If you send me money I will tell you how to talk to women

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I've love to tell you but I've never really got it either. Rejection sucks but I'd much rather just peel the bandaid and know yes/no rather than wonder.

The worst someone will do is say no in a mean way and after posting in GBS there's basically nothing a stranger in real life can say to me that would actually make me sad/upset. And if they say no you're in the same position but now you're not pining after her wondering.

Once I asked if I could buy a girl a drink, and she said "no thanks. I've already got one." Took a sidestep to the bar and bought herself a drink. Yowza.

These days I just don't try because life is poo poo and I don't give a poo poo about other people's problems and don't expect anybody to give a poo poo about mine.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

If you send me money I will tell you how to talk to women

You already taught me lots. I think a multi-day cat stake out is bound to impress.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The General posted:

Once I asked if I could buy a girl a drink, and she said "no thanks. I've already got one." Took a sidestep to the bar and bought herself a drink. Yowza.

These days I just don't try because life is poo poo and I don't give a poo poo about other people's problems and don't expect anybody to give a poo poo about mine.

Chivalry is dead!!!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Chivalry is dead!!!

Just on hold till I have a midlife crisis and buy leather pants. Though I've been wearing a leather jacket for a decade, so I guess I have some cause to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pick posted:

Nothing really, unless it's something personal. But exposing your feelings to a person you think you love/like, but are unsure how they feel about you, is kinda scary without experience.

It just so happens that for 'nice guys' said persons happen to be women and them being equivocating idiots that they are they surmise that their lack of experience/tact leading to their failures = all women are evil. THIS IS NOT ON ME! I'M SUCH A NICE GUY!

Really, it's the same 'scaryness' or rather nervousness that one would also get from say...talking in person with a movie star that they idolize and hoping they make a good impression ect.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 16, 2016

• Locked thread