Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
JAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this was just a confidence building exercise with his new bookie, don't worry he'll be back on top for diaz/mcgregor

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this was just a confidence building exercise with his new bookie, don't worry he'll be back on top for diaz/mcgregor

The ole rope-a-dope....I still believe in jase1 and his ability to gamble for his wife's new louboutin heels

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
ugh. First losing month in gambling overall in over a year.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jase1 posted:

ugh. First losing month in gambling overall in over a year.

probly a bad time to ask but can i have some money? $300

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd take some money as well

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

I.N.R.I posted:

probly a bad time to ask but can i have some money? $300

Sure it's 10 points a week until you pay me back after 30 days it goes to 15 points a week.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

jase1 posted:

Sure it's 10 points a week until you pay me back after 30 days it goes to 15 points a week.

How do points work in loans again? It's been a while since I've read your pool hustling thread.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

jase1 posted:

Does it compound? So week 1 is $330. Week 2 is now $363. Week 3 is $399. Etc? Or just a flat $30 a week for the first few weeks then $45 a week for subsequent weeks?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcxRukFZpc

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 31, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
UFC 202 cool bets for cool people

20 on whoever the gently caress chris avila is to be more competent than artem lobov

20 on mizugaki at over 5:1 for crying out loud

20 on my 'i hope these guys specifically win their matches parlay' rumble, cerrone, magny, means

personal high bet i've ever made on mma, $209 dollars on nathan diaz to double my cash.

e: quick 20 on a 'you know, these guys could absolutely win' parlay - larkin, story.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 16, 2016

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Nystral posted:

Does it compound? So week 1 is $330. Week 2 is now $363. Week 3 is $399. Etc? Or just a flat $30 a week for the first few weeks then $45 a week for subsequent weeks?

No, It's always 10 percent of the balance every week until after 30 days then it goes up to %15 and every month after it the percentage doubles. It never gets past 2 months usually. Most of the people who borrow money are gamblers and they will pay it back within a week or they will be blacklisted at local games and they don't want that. That way it's hard for them to go around and borrow a bunch of money at once and not pay it back.

Football season is starting so I won't bet as much in MMA, but i will be making a large bet on Diaz here soon.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

jase1 posted:

No, It's always 10 percent of the balance every week until after 30 days then it goes up to %15 and every month after it the percentage doubles. It never gets past 2 months usually. Most of the people who borrow money are gamblers and they will pay it back within a week or they will be blacklisted at local games and they don't want that. That way it's hard for them to go around and borrow a bunch of money at once and not pay it back.

Football season is starting so I won't bet as much in MMA, but i will be making a large bet on Diaz here soon.

Thanks for the info, the business side of everything is very interesting to me.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

10k on Diaz. Poker is killing me this month and I am on pace to have my second losing month unless 209 motherfucker comes through for me. If I lose this I might actually have to start shooting pool again and grind up some earnings.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
God loving speed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Good lcuk, Jase 1.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jase1 posted:

10k on Diaz. Poker is killing me this month and I am on pace to have my second losing month unless 209 motherfucker comes through for me. If I lose this I might actually have to start shooting pool again and grind up some earnings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLqya9_Ikk&t=155s

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
$209 on my man Diaz from the 209.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I put $25 on my man from Ire25and, Connor MacGregger

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

jase1 posted:

i hope to awake to another glorious jase victory

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I bet 10 dollars on Diaz with a guy at my gym.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

jase1 posted:

To victory

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
at least pool is fun right?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Changing thread's title cursed jase1

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Changing thread's title cursed jase1

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I made money off of McGregor, Rumble, and Cerrone tonight. Holy poo poo I forgot what it was like to walk away from an MMA card with more money than I started.

I'm sorry jase1 and other guys who lost

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The jase1 Pool Hustle MEGATHREAD

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I'm still buzzing from how awesome that fight was up until I remembered that jase1 dropped 10 g's on it. I groaned "OH NO" out loud.

Dicks out for jase1

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Marching Powder posted:

UFC 202 cool bets for cool people

20 on whoever the gently caress chris avila is to be more competent than artem lobov

20 on mizugaki at over 5:1 for crying out loud

20 on my 'i hope these guys specifically win their matches parlay' rumble, cerrone, magny, means

personal high bet i've ever made on mma, $209 dollars on nathan diaz to double my cash.

e: quick 20 on a 'you know, these guys could absolutely win' parlay - larkin, story.

good lord man

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol god drat...

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
i love this thread

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

It was really bad even for me. Lmao

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Someone start from the beginning and count up all of Jase1's bets, I'm curious if he is up or down over it all.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Someone start from the beginning and count up all of Jase1's bets, I'm curious if he is up or down over it all.

he's way up. manyak counted the numbers up back when people were making fun of jase and he was up overall, relevant post:

manyak posted:

just from quickly skimming his posts in the thread and adding it up Jase is up about $500 or $600 lifetime betting on UFC (assuming he wasnt lying about his bets) so that goes to show the confirmation bias going into thinking that he always loses and its hilarious. Yes you will lose more often than not when you bet on underdogs, yes sportsbetting is a losing proposition long run for the most part, but not for the reason "MMA is unpredictable and you lose sometimes" or whatever people seem to think

It was funny when everyone bet on Coleman though.

that was before he went on a string of $5k Robbie Lawler bets that paid out well. He went on such a good run that the name of the thread was changed.

But -$10k is a pretty big dent tonight, ouch. Sorry bro.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Jase1 won on Stockton rules. Congrats, bro.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

That loss put me at -17k for the month on my gambling. I have been getting my rear end handed to me at the poker table too. Wife shut me down for the month because she knows I will chase like a motherfucker and she is right. So we decided to go on vacation for 2 weeks until football starts. As long as Disney and Universal studios don't have things to gamble on I should be okay. I feel like overall in MMA I am still ahead but it can't be by much. At one point I know I was up to 30k profit from MMA gambling but since I changed bookies I lost most of my info on that. Awesome fight either way and I was going nuts went Diaz made that comeback at the end of the 2nd and all of the third. I thought with the takedown at the end of the fight it would have sealed it for Diaz but I guess I don't know poo poo about scoring because every where I have read says the scoring was pretty spot on.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jase1 posted:

this is probably stil la bad time but thank you. but i dont want to join your customer loyalty program or anything ,like i just want 300 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

RIP Richie Aprile