Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i cant believe my "whats your flavour name" actually worked i really am a mafia superstar

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have that same problem, chaos. It doesn't make me think AS is more town tho!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If she is town tho i think the only reason keepin her alive makes sense is if she tracked a passive scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
are we positing there are 2 scum left a jailer/rber and a goon

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm positing there's a jailer. I don't know the other, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a mirror godfather the way jimson and tmm were both enablers

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

well a godfather is a goon at this pt

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

lumpo listo

friends of town (100%):
me

friends of town (80%)
tremta

friends of town (60%)
atomic soda
meinberg

more scummy than town:
moat

must reevaluate their posts b/c i dont remember any of them:
chaoslord
propmach

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hey is anyones flavour a girl

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

are we positing there are 2 scum left a jailer/rber and a goon

I think so. I guess it could also be Jailer/Ninja which would help explain why the tracker has continued to live, but jailer/ninja/doc compared to rolecop/godfather/goon seems a bit.. much.

Tremendous Taste posted:

If she is town tho i think the only reason keepin her alive makes sense is if she tracked a passive scum

Looking over my notes, :agreed:. But, if AS is town, I feel like that has to make you the jailer.

Here are the five players that aren't us:
PMach was confirmed to have been jailed by a flipped town player. This could be a roleblock, too, I suppose, but with the flavor I think the answer of a jailer makes the most sense.
Moat was not caught moving by the tracker and I believe the jailer would be acting every night, whether jailing or killing.
Meinberg is a claimed doctor, I believe that.
Dongsbot, see moat
AS is the tracker, I lean toward believing it.

The rest of the game has been "cleared" in some way, so you would have to be the jailer assuming the jailer has acted every night, which I don't understand why they would have skipped an action.

The problem I run into is how has no one else been caught out moving? I suppose when TMM died, if the usurper teams goes "Goon kills, jailer jails", then moat has to be town since he didnt move that night (assuming 3/3 on the scum teams split). So I guess that conclusion would lead to you/Dongs/TMM as the usurper team, since TMM would have killed N3 since his doc power was gone, Dongs as goon would have sat at home (as confirmed by tracker), and taste would jail.

So, into one sentence with a bunch of assumptions...IF AS is the town tracker, and IF PMach is a town that was actually jailed, and IF Meinberg is a town doctor, and IF the scum teams were split 3/3, and IF the remaining two scum are a goon and a jailer, and IF the jailer has put someone in jail every night, then the scum team has to be dongs as goon and then taste (or myself I guess, but from my seat its definitely taste) as jailer, right?

Lot of assumptions on that whole team part that adds Dongs into the mix, so that part very well could be wrong, but at a minimum I feel comfortable with the "Everyone else in the game definitely isn't the jailer" assumption, so I'm rolling with it. ##vote Taste.

Now for someone to come and point out where I made a simple error

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

well im not a goon so im not sold on ur brilliant dissertation, potential scum chaoslord

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I am gonna re read tmm today when I get a chance. Just got to work now. Also taste has been very buddy buddy which seems odd to me.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I have that same problem, chaos. It doesn't make me think AS is more town tho!!!

Buddying up, public hand wringing, throwing shade on AS (who I think is the towniest of the town's) it's a scummy trifecta.

Anyway, bathroom break is over

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

well im not a goon so im not sold on ur brilliant dissertation, potential scum chaoslord

Like I said, lot of assumptions to bring you into the mix as the goon, but if you accept that AS is a tracker, Meinberg is a doc, and Pmach was jailed (which the latter two haven't really ever been up for debate), then the jailer is me or taste.

If you don't accept AS as the tracker then nothing I said matters.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hmm very problematic cuz on my trustolist i trust tremta more than you but what if ive been led astray

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I guess theoretically Moat or Dongs could still be the jailer and just didn't act, but I find that hard to accept.

When Night 4 fell, the remaining alive players were

Atomic Soda - Town by tracker claim
BottleKnight - Town
CCKeane - Town
chaoslord - ?
dongsbot - ?
Meinberg - Town by Doc Claim
Moatillata - Tracked nowhere
Podima - Town
Propaganda Machine -Town by jail
SirSamVimes - Town
The Ninth Layer - Mafia
Tremendous Taste - ?

If you're rolling with the universally accepted town doc claim and town "I was jailed" claim (well Pmach didnt claim it but a town Podima claimed it about them) and if you accept the tracker claim, the only folks who could have performed the Usurper kill were me, taste, or dongs,

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or podima was actually the one jailed and the flavour is tricky or pmach has a "if youre nking someone you cant be investigated" clause or smth or moat is a ninja

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but yea tremta is scum would solve this mess a lil better

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i wonder if the scum team gets a lil stronger cuz they killed theo ther scum team

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

dongsbot 9000 posted:

or podima was actually the one jailed and the flavour is tricky or pmach has a "if youre nking someone you cant be investigated" clause or smth or moat is a ninja

Sure, there are scenarios you can make, but like I say, I have a hard time believing the scum teams would be

Godfather/goon/rolecop (doc enabler)

vs

Doc (cop enabler)/Ninja/Jailer

That second team just seems way stronger to me.

Your point is taken about "Maybe it was podima jailed and the flavor was tricky" is taken, but with how specific Ecco is about flavor (I mean you literally caught someone out yesterday on a flavor slip), I think "Their door was locked" vs "You didn't make it out of your room" is a pretty big distinction.

I definitely could be wrong, which is why I posted it for others to take a look over, but with all that in mind I am happy with my vote on taste

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chaoslord, using your knowledge that tremta must be scum from your night action analysis, can you pull any particularly shady looking posts he made from his post history to fully convince a reluctful dongsbot 9000

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I will look at it tonight. Have to go to work now. Boooooo.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think treating players' assertions as valid when I agree is buddying up but ymmv

I haven't dissected chaos' logic train but if he's setting me up as the only possibility for jailer possibility it *must* be incorrect as I am not

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In a world where I'm picking between chaos and as for scum, I'm probably going as on content and chaos on gut. AS wins that battle for me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wait

If there's a ninja and a jailer, it's in scum's interest for the jailer not to act. The tracker is functionally useless at that point.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Last thought: AS isn't the smart lynch for today, one of her claims would be. Dollars to doughnuts it's a ninja.

I read dong as town, so moat is the conclusion for me. I could be convinced to look at chaos, I guess, but dongs/pmach/meinberg strike me as town.

##vote moat

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think a read of moat bears him out as the best choice in a vacuum, even if you don't share my ranking/strategy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

😴

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Interesting, second time to drop a vote and peace out. Also more hand wringing.

Also gently caress PHONE POSTING BECAUSE I JUST LOST A HUGE POST I HAD MADE ANALYZING TMMs posts.

Also meinberg, did you claim you could doc twice in a row? What does your PM say about that

AS can you track the same person twice in a row?

I'm pretty sure about tremta guys

##vote tremendous taste

Gonna dredge through TMMs posts AGAIN.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Are you trying to pin that on me? Because I posted five times and nobody posted for an hour, so it's literally the opposite of what you're accusing

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anything else you can try to hit me with that is obviously the opposite of what occurred m8

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rather than get into a pissing match, I'd appreciate outside opinions on whether moat is engaging me in good faith.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I agree I hate slap fights but I took this to mean you were going to bed and done speaking. Is that not what it means?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I meant it as being asleep because nobody was posting

But regardless, it's after an hour of nothing. I'm not just dashing even then

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I understand that people have to work and can't post all the time but it's super jarring to be in the middle of a conversation where you're being accused, reach an epiphany and present your opinions, and then nothing

Inevitably those posts won't be considered with the same gravity because recency will dictate play

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Did you get anything re TMM-Chaos while making your big post, moat?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lots of anti-kash sentiment to begin with.

TMMadman posted:

A useful post. Are you just trying to inflate your post count, even though you've already posted double the next highest person, because you're scum?

I am a little suspicious of dongs right now. I don't like that he's the way he's attached his vote to Quid. It feels like he's just trying to use Quid as a shield and can blame him if AA is town. Not to mention, he then comes back and says that he thinks AR is scum, but doesn't vote it.

Suspicious of dongs for doing what he has been doing all the time lately also for not voting AR

TMMadman posted:

This honestly feels like a really scummy push on AR.

It's possible that he could be lying about his claim, but Ecco does seem to like using a Governor as a role and I don't think I've seen it be scum in her games. You can say it's a negative utility all you want, but it's also highly likely to be a town role so this kind of justification doesn't sit right with me:

Defending AR bc he knows he is town

TMMadman posted:

I don't think either AA or AR are scum. I could see Podima as scum. I'm also still suspicious of dongs.

I don't really have reads on anyone else.

Except Kash because he is scummy as poo poo and I'm not moving my vote from him.

Throws shade on Dongs and Pod. Votes kash

TMMadman posted:

Alright, while I do agree that Podima looks pretty scummy because of the way he waffled about AR and would definitely vote him, I think some other people look pretty bad in light of the flips.

BK looks pretty bad in my eyes right now because I didn't like the way he was pushing AA and I think suggesting a town member who could pardon himself die just to prove he was town is just a terrible idea. And of course, I also don't agree with the case he made against me yesterday. If we end up lynching Podima and he flips scum, I might give him some leeway, but if Podima were to flip town I'd be going after BK hard.

I think Jimson also looks pretty bad and feel like he was forcing his comments about AR lying about his role. I was just in a game where AR lied about his role and I just wasn't getting that feeling from him when he claimed yesterday, even though he claimed in a really dumb way.

I'm also more suspicious of SSV because I didn't like his little hedgy comment about not being happy while voting AA. Right now this is more gut than anything else and I don't know if it's me just being paranoid.

On the other side, I feel like Max is pretty town. And going on gut feels, I think Keane and TNL are both probably town. Although I will admit that I have some mixed feelings about TNL because he also seemed suspicious of Kash, so I don't know if that's clouding my judgment as I know I can be susceptible to people buddying up to me.

Everyone else is just kind of white noise to me at the moment.

Important because WHO IS THE WHITE NOISE?

TMMadman posted:

Honestly, while I'd vote for Podima today, I'm kind of thinking we should just lynch a lurker. Ecco won't modkill them and they are just going to be a thorn in our side.

I know it was the weekend, but I would have expected a little more posting. Maybe things will turn around by the deadline, but I'm not holding my breath.

And I'm not picky about the lurker, basically anyone below the Ecco line is fair game in my eyes. Although, I'd probably hesitate a little at lynching Atomic Soda just because he's new and I'm still giving him a bit of newbie leeway.

Hedging on pod and AS while still committing to vote

TMMadman posted:

Don't worry little piglet. Merk would be my #1 lurker target. I know his life is busy, but it's hard to imagine it's so busy that he can't find a few minutes to just check into the thread.

I mean he's had to have taken a poo poo sometime over the weekend, right?

Prior to this dongs calls out tmm for making excuses for merk (he does a few times in other posts)

And then pmom calls out taste for lurking

TMMadman posted:

Tremendous Who?

I'd vote for him, but I'd still rather vote for the guy who replaced into a game and hasn't bothered to confirm 2.5 days later.

He acknowledges (as he should) and redirects towards merk after just making excuses for merk (hmmmm)

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I could see Meinberg being scum because he did seem all over the place about AR and then he basically disappeared for pretty much all of D2.

Max calls out meinberg in previous post tmm me 2s without follow up

TMMadman posted:

Ecco games are weird, so I could see it being the truth but it could be a role for either town or scum. Rolecop tends to be a scum role, but making him power the doctor would make it harder to lynch him. However, ecco also doesn't like traditional cops, so I could see her making rolecop a town role.

This is a hard knot to untangle.

Setting up his future defense, this is re: max asking for his read on the jimson claim

TMMadman posted:

I don't like this vote. It's possible Jimson is scum, but dongs isn't offering any insight or thoughts and is seemingly discounting any possibility of Jimson being town.

Going after dongs again

Now this is interesting:

TMMadman posted:

I think this might be the right actual vote today:

##vote chaoslord

He goes from this thought:

chaoslord posted:

Haven't finished reading but I have a tentative believe on Jimson from metas. Ecco's fake claims are usually on a "by request" basis, and Jimson breadcrumbed his role like five hours into the game. While that is definitely enough time to request a role and get one back, Jimson doesn't strike me as the type to have that much foresight to go ahead and request one at the start of the game. Combine that with such a.. baffling role, I just feel like it is true.

PREVIEW EDIT: Oh okay that happened ##vote Podima

to agreeing with Max about this:

Max posted:

I feel like . . . you must be on a scum team if you thought that, and figured that Podima is on the other.

chaoslord posted:

:agreed:

##vote jimson

It feels fake to me and like he is smelling blood in the water, so he's jumping on the Jimson vote hoping we'll just rush it through without thinking about it.

OK this is interesting because this in the midst of the jimson/pod/bk cop love triangle. No way this vote will get traction. Case is manufactured. Either trying to cover by casing a scum buddy or looking for a safe place to stick your vote. Also keep in mind CL changed his mind after jimsons scum slip.

TMMadman posted:

I didn't mention it in that post, but there's also the fact that flipped scum Inf (replaced by Glowku) dropped a fake vote on Chaoslord and I feel like he most likely named a scum buddy when he was doing his fake votes earlier. See this post:

I had thought it might be BK, but that's changed given his claim. So that leaves Taste or Gamer(chaoslord). I guess it could be either of them, but with that switch from thinking Jimson is town to agreeing he must be scum, I'm leaning more towards CL.

Names taste and CL, goes for CL. Here's the post he referenced:

TMMadman posted:

Also, since I was looking over Inf, I just wanted to consolidate his joke votes during D1 when he wasn't unvoting:

First up is Kash with the 'Rolling Start' video removed:

Next is Taste:

Followed by Gamer:

Then there is BK:

Finally back to Kash:

Finally, he unvotes and then moves on to 'serious' play which involves mostly casing AR/AA.

Now, we know Kash was town, but I'm thinking that one of the other three might be a scum buddy. Since I'm already suspicious of him, I'm thinking it's BK.

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'd like Meinberg to come back and give us some more thoughts, including whether he also has the ability to name an heir.

And since Atomic Soda seemed to soft claim tracker earlier, I'd kind of like him (her?) to come back and give us some more information. Maybe he can also name an heir. I'd also like to know who he tracked (if that is what he is) on N1 because it might give us more to work with, but I'd understand if he wanted to hold that info back for a little longer.

Calls out meinberg and AS...

TMMadman posted:

Man, this day has become a real mess.

We've got two cop claims and I'm not real sure what to think there. I know ecco likes to mess with cops, so I'm just not sure if lynching either of them is the right move today even with the not town result on Podima. I know BK is right about me, but I'm worried that Pod has been framed because I know ecco does like framers (and she also has done permanent framers as well).

And then there's Jimson with his rolecop plus doc enabler claim. It's obviously a role that's meant to mess with us because rolecops are traditionally scum, but the doc enabler part makes it harder to lynch. I think I lean towards lynching Jimson even though I'm worried about him actually being town because I just don't think I can trust him. I know he can be all over the place, but it's so hard to get a real read on him that I don't know if it's Jimson being Jimson or Jimson being scum. And I really don't think that's a good thing to bring into the later stages of the game.

I probably be more open to lynching Podima if he had a valid cop result but since he investigated AR N1 and then no result on N2, I'm not sure what information we get if he's lynched. We'd just end up being stuck with an argument of whether he got framed or if BK is scum. I'm obviously discounting the insane argument because I know my alignment.

As for the other claims, I think they are probably on the level and don't think challenging them is a good idea right now. I think both Meinberg and Atomic are most likely town here. My other strongest read is on Max who I'm almost certain is town.

Now is certain of meinberg and AS after much hand wringing.

TMMadman posted:

Also, I noticed while looking over the game that PMach hasn't really commented much on the BK/Pod situation or about Jimson. I'd really like to see some thoughts from her about both of those things cause I'm starting to get paranoid.

Calls out pmach throws shade

TMMadman posted:

I just don't know about you either but I'm letting it pass right now because Atomic has some kind of result on you. I'd think that she'd be going after you harder if she thought you were scum.

I am still suspicious of chaos as well and like my vote there. I'm also still somewhat suspicious of dongs as well.

I'm pretty neutral on Taste, TNL, SSV, Keane and Moat right now.

This was in response to PMom asking him for his read of them. He has a neutral read on Taste (???), TNL (opposing scum team), SSV (town), keane (town), and me (town). All of whom he would know of or suspect to be town bc he is scum yet.. maybe one scum slipped into the list? ALSO HE MAKES NO mention of pmach after just calling her out.

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I suppose I can see that being the case. Plus, pretty much everyone agreed that Max was the most town even without a result on him.

But now I'm left wondering what it means that the claimed tracker didn't die.

Post jimson lynch now throws shade on AS

He then says he believes scum may have a framer to explain the pod/bk disparity. He makes two posts about it. Then he says this:

TMMadman posted:

I think it's more likely than you and Podima having differing sanities obviously.

Hmmmm mmm

Then he begins his death throes.

My first post was a bit more in depth but after I lost it...

:effort:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yes read above

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If possible I would like meinberg and AS to answer my questions

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh my god Dareus you loving clown