Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-note/

No "Multiplayer Tech Test" on PC. Only on Xbox and PS4.

Ugh....

quote:

We’re still making a lot of tweaks and changes to the renderer, the game, and effects so we haven’t run the game through the hardware compatibility lab yet to detect and handle a large variety of hardware - video cards, CPUs etc. Quite frankly, we aren't ready to deal with that yet, we are still making the game better.

Wait, so 2 months from release and they're still working on poo poo and don't even know the min spec? Oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
yeah they're working on poo poo until the last minute, just like approximately every other major game made ever. Unless they also lock out pre-release PC review copies - i.e. trying to hide PC performance until first day of sales - I'm not really worried about it yet.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Please Believe in Respawn.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Hell, I do.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Psion posted:

yeah they're working on poo poo until the last minute, just like approximately every other major game made ever. Unless they also lock out pre-release PC review copies - i.e. trying to hide PC performance until first day of sales - I'm not really worried about it yet.

I guess this is why fat, day-one patches are a thing I guess.

Antoine Silvere posted:

The only people in the game that can make a good shooter.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Probably a good idea to say now, don't pre-order. Maybe this game will be like TF1 and will be a blast on PC and will run like a dream. But in case its poo poo don't get burned. No sense in pre-ordering till we know its solid. And as someone who helped lead the charge in TF1 may god be merciful and give us another great titan fall.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez6G3Zv4u30

:rock:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

GOD drat YOU CONSOLE JERKS!

:negative:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What time is the stream supposed to be again?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh, it's literally in under 10 minutes well OK then.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Knifegrab posted:

GOD drat YOU CONSOLE JERKS!

:negative:

look respawn gotta throw them a bone, they won't get to play on PC with the PC crew. It's really noble of them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fuckin' A this looks so god drat good. I really hope this game isn't dead within months.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Psion posted:

look respawn gotta throw them a bone, they won't get to play on PC with the PC crew. It's really noble of them.

They already have a bone though! An x-bone :rimshot:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Wishin I had a PS4 right now :smith: Dealing with the controls would be worth it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Antoine Silvere posted:

Wishin I had a PS4 right now :smith: Dealing with the controls would be worth it

Eh, they might have a marketing-oriented open beta closer to release.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Eh, they might have a marketing-oriented open beta closer to release.

Here's hoping :pray:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Here's the livestream from Gamescom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76U_PvWkh64

Titanfall 2 gameplay "starts soon" NOW

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 16, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

This stream is the worst thing, no one is wall running, its disgusting.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

This stream is the worst thing, no one is wall running, its disgusting.

Came here to say the same thing! No wallrunning, people engaging in the middle of open fields, Titans strolling around leisurely with unused boost, it was frustrating to watch!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Volcanic Vents posted:

Came here to say the same thing! No wallrunning, people engaging in the middle of open fields, Titans strolling around leisurely with unused boost, it was frustrating to watch!

Clearly a bunch of non-titanfall players. I don't really know if we were supposed to know who those players were but none of them seemed that good. What a waste.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Knifegrab posted:

Clearly a bunch of non-titanfall players. I don't really know if we were supposed to know who those players were but none of them seemed that good. What a waste.

Wait, you mean you've never heard of Bl00dSniper69? :confused:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Mordja posted:

Wait, you mean you've never heard of Bl00dSniper69? :confused:

Wait how did you know my nickname? Have you been talking to my ex?

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

With a name like "TitanfallLegends," you'd think at least that dude would have gotten on a wall, buuut...

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Volcanic Vents posted:

With a name like "TitanfallLegends," you'd think at least that dude would have gotten on a wall, buuut...

On the second map there was like a big tower and a small building with a field separating it. And in the field was just a propped up slanted wall that literally only exists for wall running, and not a single person used it they all just hung out in the field right next to it the whole game. I am losing my mind over here.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Knifegrab posted:

On the second map there was like a big tower and a small building with a field separating it. And in the field was just a propped up slanted wall that literally only exists for wall running, and not a single person used it they all just hung out in the field right next to it the whole game. I am losing my mind over here.

but wall running isn't ~optimal~

stream was poo poo, game still looks like it's going be fantastic fun again

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Wrong tab was disappointed it wasn't a link to the Star Citizen stream going up..But oh man I had a blast with the first TF and stoked for more. Not gonna be surprised if we have another case of the rail gun or cannon whatever it was in 1 with those couple titan high damage laser weapons they showed becoming the one proper thing to use on PC where they'll be easy to aim. Hard to tell with the stream quality but I'm thinkin' a lot of stuff looked pretty similar. Like I'm hoping this is the kind of sequel where they built all the engine and visual stuff in the first one and got to spend most of their time building gameplay elements for the second.

Dear devs pls double or triple the pilot ttk for us olds that want to play pseudo-Quake with robits instead of CoD

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Knifegrab posted:

Probably a good idea to say now, don't pre-order. Maybe this game will be like TF1 and will be a blast on PC and will run like a dream. But in case its poo poo don't get burned. No sense in pre-ordering till we know its solid. And as someone who helped lead the charge in TF1 may god be merciful and give us another great titan fall.
Might as well strip out the Titanfall references and replace them with basically any game this year.

Except for Last Guardian. That's been in development hell for so long, there's no doubt it's going to be poo poo.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

limited posted:

Might as well strip out the Titanfall references and replace them with basically any game this year.

Except for Last Guardian. That's been in development hell for so long, there's no doubt it's going to be poo poo.

Agreed

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I'm watching the recording of that stream and aside from the :airquote:Influencers:airquote: being terrible at the game here are some things I noticed:
  • Some more of the TF1 weapons are making a come-back, i.e. the Kraber and the LMG
  • I saw something about activating amped weapons, I think those are replacing the burn cards maybe? Not sure how you build up that meter or whatever it is
  • Doomed Titan healthbar doesn't go down automatically any more.
  • You can pick up shield batteries but I think you can only put them in your own titan? If you want to give them to a teammate you have to call them and they get out of their titan to pick it up I think

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

Here's the livestream from Gamescom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76U_PvWkh64

Titanfall 2 gameplay "starts soon" NOW

I watch this like this and I get confused because you'd think they'd eventually accidentally include someone who has played a video game before in one of these things. Like eventually they'd have to gently caress up and get someone who's heard of an FPS before, right?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
titan fail more like lol

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

titan fail more like lol

please do NOT troll the Titanfall 2 thread

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

please do troll the Titanfall 2 thread

Well if you insist. Titanfall 2 more like tit and fail ahaahaha

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I have been owned, in my own thread

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

I can't believe I have been owned, in my own thread

Ball was in your court and look at you, you're a mess. Maybe you should have tried wallrunning.

edit: What the gently caress am I doing. I am so bored waiting for TF2

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh man these people sure are narrating the thing that's happening on the screen, oh wow someone killed someone, I didn't know that

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Digirat posted:

Oh man these people sure are narrating the thing that's happening on the screen, oh wow someone killed someone, I didn't know that

I did like how they kept saying "oh, that's...not how you use the grapple at all."

Also when they called that guy out for his chump grenade throws.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Volcanic Vents posted:

I did like how they kept saying "oh, that's...not how you use the grapple at all."

Also when they called that guy out for his chump grenade throws.

Even the casters were all "man I would really like to see some wall running!" lol

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Was able to get the beta early, doing some streaming

https://www.twitch.tv/christhemute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Just found out via a Facebook post that my friend is actually a writer for this game. That's right, a writer for Titanfall...

He gave me PS4 code to start playing today, but I haven't touched my PS4 in a while. I assume this means I need to have PS+?

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 18, 2016