Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I guess your conclusions rest on if you think madman would name scum, and then if he would bus or play it safe. I don't think he particularly had a set plan, if that jimson style defense is any indication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wNt to die, as a bills fan

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I guess your conclusions rest on if you think madman would name scum, and then if he would bus or play it safe. I don't think he particularly had a set plan, if that jimson style defense is any indication

Disagree, I showed the waffling he was doing on the jimson lynch based solely on the enabler thing. He was setting up his own defense keeping it all in-line

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, when I said he didn't have a plan, I meant one that wasn't terrible

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Posting for my own benefit

Night 0: Varinn, Valerie, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. Illandir, Iber, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), died.

Day 1: Anomalous Amalgam, Aristes, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), executed.

Night 1: Kashuno, Maritza, Blacksmith (town-aligned vigilante), died. Absurd Revolver, Clemantera, Carpenter (town-aligned governor), died.

Day 2: merk, Vilmo, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), executed.

Night 2: Mayor Glowku, Jon, Corrupt Servant (mafia-aligned goon), died.

Day 3: Jimsonthebetrayer, Leon Jaume, Priest (mafia-aligned rolecop/doc enabler), executed.

Night 3: Max, Blase, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. Pinterest Mom, Jana, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died.

Day 4: TMMadman, Miguel, Corrupt Cleric (usurper-aligned doctor/cop enabler), executed.

Night 4: BottleKnight, Cornelius Buenaventura, Footman (town-aligned cop), died. CCKeane, Alejandro, Guard (town-aligned bodyguard), died.

Day 5: Podima, Alonso, Picker (town-aligned cop), executed.

Night 5: SirSamVimes, Carolina, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died. The Ninth Layer, Augusto Despino, Master (mafia-aligned godfather), died.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
everyone but herberto will die

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Moat, what are you driving at with that big TMM post? It read to me like he was just throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tremendous Taste posted:

Wait

If there's a ninja and a jailer, it's in scum's interest for the jailer not to act. The tracker is functionally useless at that point.

Yeah, if there is a ninja then it's all up in the air again. On the one hand, ninja as a counter to tracker forces us to actually play mafia rather than rely on night actions, which is a thing Ecco likes. On the other, that creates too really (imo) imbalanced scum teams if the 3/3 assumption is right, which I dont know if I believe since in my experience Ecco cares about balance.

A thinker, for sure.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Moat, what are you driving at with that big TMM post? It read to me like he was just throwing stuff at the wall to see what would stick.

Well based on the flips we have had:

- a mafia godfather (TNL)
- a mafia role cop/doc enabler (jimson)
- a mafia goon (glowku)

We have also had:

-a ursuper doc/cop enabler flip (TMM)

That leads me to believe that we still have a ursuper goon and usurper godmother out there. The only usurper we have uncovered was tmm.

My thoughts were to comb his stuff and post what I found interesting and maybe we could all take it apart and figure out the remaining scum.

I noted what I thought was interesting. Feel free to point out anything else that you think would be useful or you can just ignore it all.

Based on what I have seen I am suspicious of TT and chaoslord. I voted TT because of gut feel from their posting today combined with the re read.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Where does the jailer fit for you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

As a general rule, too, I would trend toward "play Mafia rather than use role claims"

I think that serves me here.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
good morning all.

taste, I was wondering who would be the first to run a soft case against me, just like tmm did before pod caught his lying rear end. chaos, i reckon scum teams are letting me run around because of several possible reasons:

- i am new and unsure of the game, and therefore less likely to add value (kinda true tbh)
- i have an heir who might give them more trouble than i have (devil you know)
- due to my newness and lack of results so far, they coudl try, and have been trying, to get my lynched during the day. if my heir had been hit during the night this would mean no more tracking

on are we assuming onl 1 kill a night now (i was). if so i can let ppl know who my heir is in advance if this is useful.

Tremendous Taste posted:

With respect, I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention to your results even if I conclude you to be town (which is far from a given, seeing as your results are super convenient for scum) as we've seen passive scum flip already.

I'd like to hear what you think about people outside of your claims though. I'm open to the possibility of you just being really unlucky. In a position where you're town though I think it's probably likely that you tracked said passive scum at some point

hm what do you mean by people outside of my claim. i said in an earlier post that pmach i was most suspicious of, though her jailing earlier in the game has made me revise this. currently i am most suss of you taste.

i am really unlucky with the tracking it is true ecco even sent me a comforting postscript in the last pm :/

to whoever asked, my pm doesn't say anything about tracking the same person 2 times in a row, but obv I haven't tested it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Good question, not sure we have established jailer because pod said pmachs room was locked right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moat do you have any particular conclusions from the TMM read?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning all.

taste, I was wondering who would be the first to run a soft case against me, just like tmm did before pod caught his lying rear end. chaos, i reckon scum teams are letting me run around because of several possible reasons:

- i am new and unsure of the game, and therefore less likely to add value (kinda true tbh)
- i have an heir who might give them more trouble than i have (devil you know)
- due to my newness and lack of results so far, they coudl try, and have been trying, to get my lynched during the day. if my heir had been hit during the night this would mean no more tracking

on are we assuming onl 1 kill a night now (i was). if so i can let ppl know who my heir is in advance if this is useful.

hm what do you mean by people outside of my claim. i said in an earlier post that pmach i was most suspicious of, though her jailing earlier in the game has made me revise this. currently i am most suss of you taste.

i am really unlucky with the tracking it is true ecco even sent me a comforting postscript in the last pm :/

to whoever asked, my pm doesn't say anything about tracking the same person 2 times in a row, but obv I haven't tested it.

Wait.. you have an heir for you tracking?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Good question, not sure we have established jailer because pod said pmachs room was locked right?

I feel like someone else confirmed. Bk?

Atomic Soda posted:

I meant would you clear the people you think are town from your results if you didn't have those results or otherwise couldn't trust them

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Moatillata posted:

Pod said that they couldn't get into PMach's room therefore their action failed, and BK said they were knocked out in their room or something like that and therefore their action failed. There is a jailer or a roleblocker out there. The distinction is important because a jailer probably clears PMach whereas a roleblocker doesnt. The flavor seems to support jailer.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

are heirs real

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

who is bk's heir

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

who is podimas heir

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Pod said that they couldn't get into PMach's room therefore their action failed, and BK said they were knocked out in their room or something like that and therefore their action failed. There is a jailer or a roleblocker out there. The distinction is important because a jailer probably clears PMach whereas a roleblocker doesnt. The flavor seems to support jailer.

What other role could give that flavor for pmach? We're running out of hypothetical scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

Yeah but getting knocked out and getting locked out are two huge flavor differences which I think matter in this game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Better question, AS. Why didn't you track Pmach?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tremendous Taste posted:

What other role could give that flavor for pmach? We're running out of hypothetical scum

Well, that's kind of my point. Theoretically, it could just be a roleblocker that hit Pod and then BK, but the flavor supports it being a jailer.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

S

Moatillata posted:

Yeah but getting knocked out and getting locked out are two huge flavor differences which I think matter in this game

So then you think there is a goon, a godmother, a roleblocker, and a jailer left?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Moatillata posted:

well im glad you went after this idiotic series of questions b/c youre prolly not the jailer now but obviously bk was jailed and pmach's was jailed thats why bk never left his room and pod couldnt get into pmach's

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

S

So then you think there is a goon, a godmother, a roleblocker, and a jailer left?

And then there's dongs

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

Moat do you have any particular conclusions from the TMM read?

Yes, I was interested on who he doesn't mention. He pushes dongs, pod, kash pretty consistently.

He barely mentions pmach (calls out once then doesn't include in lumpen), TremTa (other than to acknowledge their lurking and then push for merk), and then his case on you which comes out of nowhere with more compelling lynches on the table (bk or pod or jimson).

He also mentions AS and meinberg as well but once again in an offhand and unsure manner.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

theres obviously no godfather on the scum team w/ a COP ENABLER

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

well im glad you went after this idiotic series of questions b/c youre prolly not the jailer now but obviously bk was jailed and pmach's was jailed thats why bk never left his room and pod couldnt get into pmach's

Duh he's the ninja, chaos is the jailer

Look how they run together 🌚🌝

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tremta, its unfortunate that chaoslord did the work to map out how its either you or he or me that is scum (or as, but i am rather suspect a newbie would jump into their first (scum) game w/ a fake-claim b/c i liked you and trusted you and you couldve easily led me astray in lylo

please continue playing mafia in a world where no one wants to play mafia and dont do the league 3 mafia but this type of mafia

##vote tremta

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

Okay, I wouldn't normally claim with this role on D3, but I'm going to claim due to the added benefit ecco gave me this game.

I'm a cop. I'm the estate footman, a house servant, and though the flavor is vague I seem to be a personal slave to the master of the estate. Because I'm educated, I'm intelligent enough to discern people's true intentions.

N1 I investigated Podima and got NOT TOWN. Tried to get them lynched naturally but it didn't happen. Wasn't sure if I was a real cop though too because lol eccogame, but N2 I investigated TMM and got TOWN. I believe the results.

The reason I'm claiming is because I also have a second utility where I can give my role power to someone else if I die by naming someone my heir. So barring some unanticipated ecco weirdness, or my own inability to know who is town, we should be good.

##vote podima

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

His work is predicated on the idea that as' results are 1) true and 2) completely accurate in a game with role fuckery which is not a series of assumptions a town player makes at this stage

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

your response is not in good faith, friend

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

also for all the fabled ECCOGAME FLAVOUR, the cop who was an apple picker who applied his apple picking skills to SOUL READS was extremely bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The existence of a ninja or scum that remained stationary completely shatters his line of thinking even if you believe as is on the level.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

are heirs real

dongsbot 9000 posted:

who is bk's heir

dongsbot 9000 posted:

who is podimas heir

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bk and podima wouldn't have heirs for a role that died, yes? Meinberg either assuming he's what he says

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I believe both remaining scum are on me. It seems logical to assume I would be hammered in short order if that were not the case. Let's see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

theres obviously no godfather on the scum team w/ a COP ENABLER

Lmao if you think that Aemilia Peiraña is not going to be the leader of the other scum team

• Locked thread